Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! UnderachieverSnake EyesVengeance
Pride - Bisexual
05-03-2021, 06:59 PM
Recluse felt that much of what she worked for was slipping through her grasp. More than anything she could help the feelings of guilt... that she'd taken her uncle's prescence for granted. She had precious few senior members and knew well enough that she could not lean on her aunt right now, she was still dealing with the grief over her missing lover and now had lost a brother... But she was desperate for someone to turn too. And that wasn't even covering the struggle of trying to help guide her young children through their own first experience with death. Even if they were not overly familiar with their great uncle they had not had to face mortality as such before his passing.

Maybe that was why she had decided to take her son out this evening. She couldn't leave the weight of her responsibilities behind but as she moved over the borderline she could allow her worries to move to the back of her mind, still there but not constantly yelling at her to think about it. She moved in silence for a while, checking in on her son every few minutes and offering him smiles or slightly brushes, her affection for her children was the strongest constant right now and she was desperate to reassure him. "How you holding up?" She asked.

Speech

Art by Vethysnia
[Image: lQPmFy0.png]
 Recluse is an M rated character, thread at own risk.
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Misery

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shard

The Ooze Participant
05-10-2021, 10:35 PM

This place was amazing!  Misery had grown used to the completely open volcano landscape or the nook which had plenty of trees but nothing like this forest.  The boy had always been confident and as he aged so did his confidence.  Despite wanting to look the part of being mature the forest was so dense, the fog on the ground so fascinating, all the vines that clung to tree’s and the sounds of creatures in all the thick shrubs were far too enticing to ignore.

A family member had died and it did present the reality of death which had been a thing to chew over.  It was one thing to know a fact that once something died it didn’t come back but another to see a family member die.  Wolves don’t come back from death either and they die just as surely as the rabbit Izzy had caught in a snare.  Alive and happy or alive and scared with bright shining eyes and then, nothing.   Still, that was a thing to consider another time, the forest was better to entertain his mind.

“I’m great,” Izzy responded cheerfully, “We should do this more often.  I like exploring with you mom.”  It was just going to be ‘I like exploring’ but adding on specifics with mom couldn’t hurt his odds of getting to do it more.  It was fun to go exploring with her after all, it would also be fun to go with Wendigo or Carnage.  Oh yeah, that’d be super fun for the three of them to come out here.  “Is it very dangerous about?” There was no sign of fear on Misery, the boy just wanted a run-down on threats if he got the idea of luring his siblings to take a short excursion with him.

Misery’s spotted some type of ground bird in a bush for a second but then it darted out of sight somewhere amongst plants and fog.  The enticement to go chasing after it built up but, self-control was something he could show if necessary.  Mom would let him roam alone sooner if he didn’t act overly reckless now
Speech:"Want to play? "