An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Double MasterPride - Demisexual
04-24-2021, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2021, 11:19 AM by Gwynevere. Edited 1 time in total.)
For the most part, she felt like she was falling into an easier, more predictable rhythm when it came to treating her mother's wounds. It had been a trial by fire of dealing with something as severe as what Resin had done to her, but now it was at least in a place where she didn't fear that she'd make it worse every time she cleaned away the old treatments so that she could apply a fresh amount. But... she still feared that perhaps she wasn't doing well enough. Eilwen continued to assure her that Tamsyn's wounds were scar badly and there was nothing she could really do about that fact considering how much of the skin had been ripped and torn during the struggle, but Gwynevere just felt guilt twisting in her gut each time she looked at how it was healing and kept thinking there had to be something else she could do.

She had periodically gone to the other healers in the pack from time to time since the attack to ask for advice or to see if she could get more herbs since her store of them had been quickly wiped out during those first few days following the attack, but she hadn't asked about this in particular and now she almost wished she had asked about it from the beginning. Gwyn went through the castle, looking for Lúta specifically since she knew that if anyone would have an answer it would be her. Eventually she spotted the blue and gold healer and approached her with a polite dip of her head. Smiling wasn't exactly something she had felt like doing in a while, but she managed a small one for her. "I'm sorry to bother you, Lúta. Do you have a moment? I just have a question about how my mother's wounds are healing..."

"Gwynevere" | "Eilwen"

Lúta

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - AsexualDouble Master
Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
04-24-2021, 11:34 AM

Lúta sensed that something had happened but was unsure of how much she should pry. She hadn't seen Resin in awhile and she'd caught the scent of a few strangers moving in and out of the territory. Flinching she slowed her pace a little bit more, limping slight as she walked. The bite wounds she'd taken from the potential trespasser were deep and she'd had to spend some time treating her own injuries. In fact that was what she was doing now. Lúta worked her way toward her favorite yarrow patch. The plant was one of the most useful to have in a healers repertoire and it was a hardy plant that was stubbornly growing in the castle courtyard despite the colder weather.

She eased herself down to pick some of the leaves while Raga got a fire going. She looked up as she heard Gwynevere approach and the girl spoke. Concern flashed across her face. "Your mother? Certainly, I'd be happy to. What happened? Did more of those massive dire wolves trespass?"

ooc: Hope its alright if I just rp Lúta IC. No one has reached out to me about her helping or having helped with any injuries regarding the Resin/Tamsyn plot so it's just easier for me to rp what I know she knows if that makes sense xD

Gwynevere

The Hallows
Chief Physician

Master Healer (266)

Master Intellectual (260)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Double MasterPride - Demisexual
04-24-2021, 10:14 PM
Gwynevere hated that she had to interrupt Lúta's work to ask for her help, but she supposed it couldn't be helped. When the healer questioned what happened, Gwyn suddenly realized that in the haze she had been trudging through she had failed to actually tell any of the other healers what happened. Perhaps she just thought that word would have spread on its own or she could have sworn she had mentioned it in one of her dashes around the castle trying to find more herbs. Either way, her ears flicked back guiltily and she dipped her head apologetically to her. "Oh, um... Resin... Resin attacked her. It was an accident," she was quick to add, hating that it painted her mother in a bad light the way that she was forced to tell it. "She had an... episode? I guess that's what I'd call it... Anyway, she didn't know where she was or who was with her and she bit Tamsyn really badly. The whole right half of her face..."

Gwynevere sighed and settled back onto her haunches, suddenly feeling very, very tired. "I've been treating her. So far she's doing okay, but it just... The way the wound is healing... it looks bad. Not bad as in infected or anything like that, the skin looks healthy, but there's just so much that looks like it's going to scar and... I just feel bad. I don't know if there's something I should have done differently or... Or if it was just too bad to begin with."

ooc: Of course!! Don't mind at all ^^ Sorry for assuming things!

"Gwynevere" | "Eilwen"

Lúta

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - AsexualDouble Master
05-02-2021, 12:23 PM

Lúta stared at the girl in shock as she explained that Resin had attacked Tamsyn. Her first thought was that it had been a sparring accident. That did happen from time to time when adrenaline and enthusiasm were running high among warriors. However, then Gwyn mentioned an episode and the symptoms that she was describing were deeply concerning. Lúta felt her stomach flip. Resin had lost sense of where she was and who Tamsyn was? That was not a good symptom.

"I'm so sorry Gwyn, that's terrible. I had no idea. I'll visit Resin after we're done here and get some more information on these episodes." It was the first she'd heard the older warrior having episodes and the way the child had spoken made it clear that this wasn't the first episode. How long had this been going on?

"As for Tamsyn, good work in making sure that it's not infected. That really is the most important thing. It's probably too late to stitch it." She imagined the inflammation and fluid build-up from her body's efforts at healing would make for a difficult task. "It's hard to say without seeing the wound but sometimes wounds are so severe that they scar and there's nothing you can do about it. That's just how the body sees fit to repair itself. Sometimes you can stitch the wound shut to minimize scarring, but it would still scar."

Lúta gently scooted some of the leaves she'd gathered over to Gwyn. "You can have some of this yarrow for Tamsyn. A poultice of this will help stave off infection and ease bleeding and weeping from the wounds. I can come with you if you'd like."

Gwynevere

The Hallows
Chief Physician

Master Healer (266)

Master Intellectual (260)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

05-02-2021, 03:34 PM
Gwynevere nodded gratefully when Lúta offered to go see to Resin once they were done. She had been so laser focused on treating Tamsyn that she hadn't let herself consider going to see Resin. In truth, she wasn't sure she wanted to. Unlike her brothers, hearing Ulric tell them that Resin had requested that he order all of them to stay away from the dungeon had almost been a relief. It meant that there was no obligation for her to go see her mother, no one was expecting her to go see the crazed wolf. Seeing Tamsyn torn and bloodied the way she had... It had shaken her more than she was willing to admit and she just kept pushing those feelings to the side.

It did at least make her feel slightly better knowing that wounds just scarred sometimes. She hadn't known about stitching together wounds - that was the first she had heard about such a thing. She was sure that would have helped put the ripped pieces of skin back together far better than her mixes of sticky herbs had. She needed to be knowledgeable, she needed to learn more. She couldn't fail her family. There was more she could have done to help her mother's wound scar less but it would have still scarred... She hid her worries well behind a tired smile and she nodded thankfully at the advice and the knowledge.

Her eyes widened with surprise when Lúta scooted some of the leaves she had gathered toward her, bringing her gaze down to the pieces of yarrow at her paws. She was about to question the more experienced healer to see if she was sure about giving these away since herbs were so hard to come by in this eternal winter, but she knew she needed them and she decided to just be thankful for the gift. "Thank you so much," she said genuinely, a brighter, more relieved smile pulling at her lips. "I used up the last of the yarrow I had the night the attack happened so this will be very, very helpful. Thank you." To the offer of coming with her she said, "Don't worry about me and Tamsyn. You can go see Resin first if you'd like. I... Someone should help Resin." She couldn't do it. She didn't have it in her. "If you still have time after you're done you can come see us... She's staying with me in my room in the west wing."

"Gwynevere" | "Eilwen"

Lúta

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

05-05-2021, 02:23 PM

Lúta nodded, smiling softly. She was glad to help and yarrow was such a useful plant for a young healer as it could be used for colds, wounds and a number of maladies. She had some meadowsweet she could put toward a poultice for her own leg and Raga could help her wrap it so that it would stay. Lúta listened and nodded, worry tugging at her face for what Resin was experiencing. It didn't bode well but there was a chance that the symptoms had been caused by exposure to something or possibly encephalitis caused by a virus. In which case she'd need to move quickly to assist in symptom management. "Thank you, Gwyn, for letting me know. Please, take care of yourself and feel free to reach out to me when you need."

-end-