size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
08-07-2021, 03:14 PM
Come down, come down sweet reverence

Jynn walked until she reached the most northern point of Boreas. Despite the mountain goat hide wrapped across her back and the pieces of rabbit skin tied to her paws she still felt chilled to the bone. Evening had fallen, the amber sun fighting to light the land as dusky charcoal clouds moved in to darken the sky. She strode across a pale blue field of snow to a strange stone structure that was completely encase in ice. The strange square form burst from the ice and stood adorned with four spires from which the sunlight reflected off the ice. A little ways off from it was a strange stone arch and beyond that the darkening ocean. It was ominous and strange and she was questioning if she should journey further.

Gimli

Hemlock
Paladin

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (175)

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship1KIce Bridge ExplorerChristmas 2019Treat 2019
08-07-2021, 03:51 PM

The dwarven male had left for some time, gone further North than even the northernmost parts of Boreas. He didn't really know how big the world truly was until he went beyond, but Boreas seemed to be the only place to capture his heart so he returned. His thick, shaggy fur ruffled with the cold Northern breeze, and the thicker fur on his feet also helped to keep his paws from freezing off. He was well suited to the North, he knew that. And someday, he wanted to possibly make his home here. Knut walked at his side, the larger cat striding effortlessly through the snow. "It's good to be back where we belong," He purred. "Aye, but...ye know...it would be nice te find a place where we really belong, no? Bein' a nomad is all well and good, but..."

He felt a part of him craved more than just what he had now. "Look a' tha' brother," Gimli looked up to find a looming structure encased in ice. He looked at it curiously, wondering what it was and how it came to be. It appeared to reach towards the heavens and he wondered if there was a way to get to the top. Would he feel closer to the Gods if he were that high on the northernmost tip of Boreas? Without a word, he opted to move on ahead with Knut following quietly.

As they drew closer, they spotted what appeared to be a wolf but...also didn't? He hadn't seen one of those on his journey, but it was a curious sight. Especially with the skins on her feet and back. "Heil! He greeted as he approached, a curious look in his eyes as he motioned towards the structure. "Come te see the sights, hm?"

"Speak"

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (260)

Master Fighter (315)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
08-07-2021, 03:58 PM

Jynn ultimately decided it wouldn't hurt to see if she could peek inside the strange structure. She approached an end with a door that was left partly ajar however, the ice was so thick it covered everything, even the entrance. There was no chance she'd be able to get inside. Probably just as well. Her head jerked up as she heard someone approach. It was a short wolf cloaked in earthen tones. He seemed a friendly sort and she smiled as he approached. "Yes, as a matter of fact I did. It's a bit creepier up here than I thought though and I don't like the look of that weather. Do you live around here?"

Gimli

Hemlock
Paladin

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (175)

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

08-07-2021, 04:25 PM

"Nei," He said briefly before he glanced towards the sky. The sky had darkened, and by the way the clouds looked, there was potential for a storm or blizzard. "Aye, the weather is concerning, eh Knut? Ye think if a storm or blizzard comes, tha' place migh' shelter us?" He questioned, though it wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Then again...by the looks of it...he could tell from where he was standing that getting inside might not be possible...he approached, making sure he appeared non-threatening but then again, he was a lot smaller than she was so she probably wouldn't have felt threatened to begin with, he didn't know. "Name's Gimli, and this is my companion, Knut. And you fair maiden? An explorer at heart, I kin tell!"

He wondered then if there was a back way. And if there wasn't, at least he could say he tried...while also checking out a magnificent piece of handiwork created by the hands of the Gods or...maybe it was humans? Whatever the case, he opted to believe the Gods had made it themselves.

"Speak"

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (260)

Master Fighter (315)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

08-07-2021, 04:33 PM

While Jynn didn't understand the word he said, she took it to mean no, he didn't live around this area. She supposed it wasn't all that surprising. The place was covered in snow and ice and had little signs of prey or shelter.

She looked to the shelter and shook her head. "No, it seems like the whole thing is encased in ice. We'd have to break through it to get in. My name is Jynn, and yes, I thought I'd try and explore the north before winter comes in. If you want to join me I was thinking of heading southeast to the gorge." She hadn't been there yet but she'd heard of it from another loner she'd come across earlier in the Battlefield.

Gimli

Hemlock
Paladin

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (175)

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

08-07-2021, 06:23 PM

No, it seems like the whole thing is encased in ice. We'd have to break through it to get in. My name is Jynn, and yes, I thought I'd try and explore the north before winter comes in. If you want to join me I was thinking of heading southeast to the gorge." He hummed in thought as he looked over the structure. And it was indeed encased in ice. They could try to break through it, but he didn't have anything that was strong or blunt enough to break through. His ears perked when she said she was heading southeast, and he mused on the thought for a moment. "Aye, I wouldna mind another travelin' partner. Knut 'n I 'ave been travelin' on our own for some time. Far beyond Boreas, a wider world out there than I ever knew,"

Yes. Another traveling companion did seem like a good idea, and perhaps a welcome reprieve from just having Knut around. Not that he didn't enjoy Knut's company, but sometimes it was nice to have someone else around to socialize with. To adventure with.

Thoughts broke as the looming clouds grew closer, the sky turning eerily dark that he wasn't sure he wanted to stick around for. Just in case, he felt that perhaps they ought to check out the other side of the structure and see if there were any other openings to get them inside for shelter, and if not well...at least they'd know for sure. "Well Jynn, if ye don' mind, I'd like to check out the other side of the structure and see if can find a way in. If not, then we leave it at tha' and continue on t' yer destination, hm?"

"Speak"

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (260)

Master Fighter (315)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

08-08-2021, 07:56 AM

Jynn was pleased to pick up a traveling partner, especially for the north. She felt reasonably comfortable exploring all other areas but the north was something completely foreign to her. She'd grown up in tropical and arid climates but she'd only occasionally seen snow. The north of Boreas was just full of it. "Ok, sounds good. I haven't checked that side yet." She supposed she gave up a bit to early but if she was honest with herself the cold was getting to her. Jynn padded over toward a notable archway on the west side of the building. As expected it was covered with a thick sheet of ice. However, there was a large crack going through the middle. She reached up, claws picking at the ice before she looked to Gimli. "What do you think?"