An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
Derby WinnerHomebodyLighting McQueenExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted House1KBeevent
08-19-2021, 11:04 AM

Hanako wasn't happy she was no longer the only koi in the Armada. Sure, Hikaru had been here a while and cosied up right next to Mortis like a store bought replacement but they'd both been gone for quite some time, making it easy to pretend he simply did not exist. And now there was a slave koi roaming the Plains, or at least that's what Hanako had heard through the grapevine. She hadn't had the pleasure of meeting them, whoever they were, just yet and was in no rush to change that anytime soon.  Reasonably, in a distant space in the back of her mind, she knew Sirius wasn't out to get her and this was all probably just a coincidence. Still and in typical Hanako fashion, it felt like a personal slight against her, a barbed jab which rubbed her all the wrong ways.

Was she being needlessly petty? Yes. Was she going to stop? Nope.

One could argue she had reason to be all uppity, just yesterday she'd lost her den along with most of  her personal possessions. Not to mention Hanako's heat was still making her feel bent out of shape, restless and antsy. Eager to vent and snap when usually she'd make more of an effort to keep it to herself. Having Azure around helped a lot, he was good like that, but he was a busy man and had more than enough to deal without his girl throwing tantrums at every inconvenience.

Instead, she huffed as she made her way to the centre of the territory and took refuge beside the pack's campfire, atop one of the laid out furs. Despite all the difficulties the Armada faced it still burned strong, crackling and roiling as a cold wind swept in from the sea. Last winter had been difficult to say the least but if the current weather said anything then this one would be no joke either. No wonder Sirius had gotten all bent out of shape over the state of the pantry, she could hardly blame him and intended to fish again soon when sea wasn't so volatile.

[Image: dfvjf24-4160f57c-3b2d-47de-b3e1-aa34987f...SqQlFNW-eM]

Nao

Obscura
Vassal

Advanced Fighter (90)

Advanced Hunter (60)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Virgil

Pride - HomoromanticPride - Bisexual1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2
08-19-2021, 12:07 PM

"speech" "Japanese" thoughts "others"

He was taking a short break from his duties, collecting a few necessary supplies to squirrel away where no one would easily find them. There was a very specific variety of stone he needed to get his paws on, so he could buff away calluses as they began to form. Soft paws were key to the bulk of his work outside of training the pudgy princess, massages and pampering were best performed with pliant pads. He'd scoured the shoreline, but most of the stones near the water had been worn smooth by the tides. By the time he'd elected to give up his search, the sunset dappled slave was encroaching on lunch time. Fuck. Precious hunting time had been wasted searching for his own supplies, and he had neglected his primary duties. A scowl affixed itself upon his dainty features, auds tipped back against his skull without being entirely flattened. Slender limbs pulled him across the plains at a steady lope, keeping away from the well traversed paths through the tall grasses in the interest of avoiding notice. Skull hung low betwixt narrow shoulders, slinking towards the remnants of the pantries in search of something to scrounge up for the princess' lunch. Lean meat, perhaps some jerky to chew on while he snagged her some fish or a hare in the meantime.

Entering the common grounds found him passing a familiar coat pattern, pale alabaster dappled in shades of red, orange, black, and grey. He was nearly struck dumb by spotting the woman, transfixed by the existence of another native of Nippon within the same pack that had claimed him. Sea foam eyes blinked once, twice, and then cut away demurely. "Apologies for disturbing you, miss. Please ignore my interruption." he crooned in their native tongue, before slinking past with his tail neatly tucked partway between his dark thighs. He prayed she wouldn't scold him for accessing the stores, skimping on the duties he'd been given as a condition of his continued existence. As he assessed the larder, he was distressed to find it almost entirely empty. The princess had not been kidding when she mentioned they had recently suffered a blow to their food stores for winter. She would have to wait on her lunch until he could catch her something to eat.

Emerging from the pantry, he blinked against the change in lighting. A chill wind whipped across his thin frame, and he scrunched up his nose. Many of the small game would be hiding from the cold soon, burrowing away for the winter. Best to get to work. The ebony waif slipped past the other koi marked wolf, dipping his head politely as he did.

;DOWN HERE YOU LIVE FOREVER;

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
08-19-2021, 03:29 PM

Hanako glanced away from the fire as a dark spot of movement caught her attention. Wow, what were the chances, huh? Think of the devil and he shall appear. She hadn't been raised amongst her kind- she used the term loosely as they made it pretty clear she was not one of them- but her brief visit to Iga told her all she needed to know about how they looked. This was one was dark, a pointed juxtaposition to the paleness of her coat, and his splotches were few and far between. They didn't seem so random or chaotic as her own, delicately framing his face and accentuating the smooth lines of his figure, as though each had been deliberately placed there through good breeding. That was a whole thing in Iga, apparently, selectively breeding markings in and out of bloodlines, with the wealthier, more powerful clans hoarding complex and intricate markings to themselves. Thus in turn leaving lesser people with relatively plain and simple patterns.

It didn't really make sense to Hanako, but if such a line of thought were to be believed then that would imply she was of noble birth too. She found the thought rather amusing, she knew little of her parents and could not remember their faces but knew well enough they were no one special. A pair of nobodies who simply had the fortune of bringing a beautiful oddity like her into the world, or so she'd been told by her Keepers.

The man eyed her up, gaze alight with curiosity, before sinking back into his demure persona, as was fitting of a man of his position. He murmured something, which judging from his tone sounded like an apology but honestly Hanako had not even the faintest idea of what he'd just said. She blinked owlishly as an inelegant huh slipped over her lips, which luckily he didn't even seem to hear as he ducked away as quickly as he'd arrived. No doubt a lot of duties to attend to before the day was out.

She didn't know why but the not knowing really got to her, hounding away at her thoughts till she was fixated and unable to think about much else. A distraction but not a welcome one. Sure, he sounded polite enough but what if he'd just talked shit to her face, fully knowing she wouldn't understand? Fear of missing out wasn't something she usually grappled with and good thing too as it was awful!  Schooling her expression into neutrality, Hanako flicked her tail in an elegant sweep in a gesture for him to wait.

"What was it you said? I don't speak your language."

Nao

Obscura
Vassal

Advanced Fighter (90)

Advanced Hunter (60)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Virgil

Pride - HomoromanticPride - Bisexual1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2
08-19-2021, 04:01 PM

The plush champagne banner of the dappled fae caught his eye as he tried to slip past, lifting in a smooth motion to signal her intention to stop him. So he did, pivoting on his heels so he was positioned with forelimbs a few scant inches from her hips, his own hind quarters positioned to he was nearly parallel to her own position. "What was it you said? I don't speak your language." she questioned with the tone of a woman who bore a great deal of authority over him, as most of the wolves here did. Mismatched brows pinched together in visible confusion, sea foam optics lingering on the smattered shades of orange and kohl that covered her. He had not been mistaken, that was for certain. Clearing his throat, he opted to take the odd query in stride.

In the thick accent typical of his culture, though he was certainly used to using the common tongue by now, he translated his earlier statement. "I was simply apologizing for disturbing your peace and quiet, miss. I requested that you do not let me interrupt, and ignore me if you wished." he purred with a dip of his slender crown, thick lashes fluttering against his freckled cheeks for a moment. "I had presumed you to be from one of the clans of Nippon, but I appear to have misjudged, please forgive me." he added, dipping his head a little lower as he requested her merciful forgiveness. Only then did those brilliant eyes lift to trace over the soft lines of her form, making note of the sickly sweet scent of estrus that clung to her bodice. "If you desired to learn, I would be more than pleased to offer my services, miss..?" there was no substitute for a skilled tongue, even when threats of war loomed. His was well practiced in many arts, which he would gladly offer up to the rose tinted koi fae.

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

08-21-2021, 01:18 PM

Oh, well that wasn't half as interesting as she'd thought it might be. She glanced away from him back to the fire, the pale of her eyes flickering orange as she gratefully took in the warmth it emanated. During her very brief stay in Iga she'd come to quite like the idea of living there, of marrying some high-born lord who'd teach her the ways of his people. She'd painted a pretty picture in her head, bathed in autumn colours as she hung off the arm of a man who'd treat her right, a treasure to be honoured and valued above all else. Obviously it didn't work out, and her fairytale ending was quickly tossed aside, all thoughts of fitting in and being accepted as a "true" koi were dismissed, like they'd never really mattered to her at all. There were always more happy endings to pine over, this had simply been one of many that did not come to pass. For better or for worse, she could not know.

"It's fine, easy mistake to make." She said, though it was more of a knee-jerk reaction than based upon her honest feelings.  As for learning the language, well it wasn't an understatement to say she couldn't care less at this point. Fear of missing out was one thing, but doing something that required a lot of time and effort? No thank you. Hanako wanted a quiet and easy life, she wasn't going to go out of her way to take up challenges if she could help it. "Ah, thank you for your offer but I'm sure you already have enough on your plate as is. What does Sirius have you doing?"

Old diplomatic habits were hard to break it seemed, as a digging question slipped easily from her tongue, all kind and casual as though she was holding out an olive branch. As if she wasn't bitter enough to want to snap it in his face.

Nao

Obscura
Vassal

Advanced Fighter (90)

Advanced Hunter (60)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Virgil

08-22-2021, 04:07 PM

Absentminded disinterest permeated her dismissal of his apology, "It's fine, easy mistake to make." she said simply, to which he offered an ever so slight dip of his head in acknowledgement of her generous oversight on his error. When his veiled attempt at coercing her to reveal her name was resolutely ignored, he opted not to push the matter further. If she wasn't interested in a lowly servant knowing her name, so be it. She bore all the subtle cues of a pampered noble, all elegant curves and lithe musculature, and not a hint of damage yet done to her artfully mottled bodice. Her disinterested demeanour and casual posture spoke volumes about the status she bore around here, and the implications it held for their interaction. "Ah, thank you for your offer but I'm sure you already have enough on your plate as is. What does Sirius have you doing?" she questioned in a kind, yet thoroughly empty tone. A polite decline, founded in propriety and little else. What followed it was a question borne from idle pleasantry, the machinations of old habits ingrained throughout her upbringing. He knew the tone well, but hardly found himself bothered by it anymore. He'd hung from the arm of many nobles and high born, he knew the drill and he didn't much mind falling into the rhythm.

Dark banner swept gently across slim heels before half tucking between his thighs once more. "I have been handed over by the Warlord to the princess, Ophelia, to act as her handmaid and trainer for the next season or so." he replied, ensuring he placed the proper respect, bordering on reverence, in his tone for the actions of his masters. He would not return the question, and speak above his means, and instead lifted his gaze to watch the flames crackle for a few moments. "Whenever there is a free moment my tasks are also to aid in replacing the lost stocks of food for winter, though I admit thus far I haven't contributed my worth to the degree many others might accept." sea foam gaze flicked over to the fae, absently wondering if she had been affixed with a similar task but not eager to voice his query.

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

08-26-2021, 08:32 AM

So he was Ophie's handmaid and trainer then? Well, Hanako supposed she could understand Sirius' line of thought, after all ever since Zee had died she'd really swan dived both physically and mentally, spiralling out of control till she was barely recognisable. Though she tried not to think about it, Hanako felt a little guilty, she used to hang out with Ophie a lot when she'd been real small and maybe if she'd stayed here to comfort her it wouldn't have come to this. Maybe she'd swing by one of her mud puddles and try to have a word, let her know that she was welcome to join Hanako on the beach whenever she felt like it. It wasn't nearly enough to fix it, nor was it even Hanako's job to, but sometimes a little effort went far. Or at least that was Hanako's line of reasoning she was sticking to, any excuse to stay in her lane.

"Take good care of her, she's not all tough like the rest. I think she needs a gentle paw." Probably for the best she hadn't spent much-if any- time with Azure, his words were capable of tearing a girl like her to shreds.

His response was about what she'd expected, a rather loose description of his responsibilities pressed together in a polite little package. He was answering her questions but not giving away more information than necessary, it didn't quite rub her as just as slave thing, rather he had at least some experience in wider social circles. Knew who to chat up and who to leave be, as though they were cut from a cloth of the same colour but different texture and value. She saw in the humour of it all and had to suppress a smile; he was a proper koi and yet deemed lesser than her. How the tables had turned.

She supposed it was about time to throw him a bone, she saw no use in clinging onto it.

"Well, I'm Hanako, the pack's diplomat. I feel a lot better knowing a man so dedicated to his work will continue to help the pack recover while I'm away. Regardless of rank we all have very important work to do." She smiled, her tail wagging in slow and friendly sweeps across the furs. "If you're ever in need of a fishing partner, seek me out. Not to brag or anything, but I'm the best. Surprised Sirius hasn't added it to my title just yet.

Nao

Obscura
Vassal

Advanced Fighter (90)

Advanced Hunter (60)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Virgil

08-28-2021, 12:56 PM

While there was little surprise evident on her face, he found himself forced to quell the swift rise of his own brows when she spoke warmly of his new master. "Take good care of her, she's not all tough like the rest. I think she needs a gentle paw." the pale fae replied, her tone bearing only a hint of a warning. Not that he needed it, the Warlord had made it exceptionally clear what would happen to him in the event he failed in his duties or overstepped his position. It would be a lucky break if he survived, and he'd spend the rest of eternity praying for death. Or something along those lines. Regardless, he dipped his chin in a small, solemn nod of assent. "I shall do my best, my lady." he assured her softly. After that brief pause, she seemed to deem him worthy of her time and title, at least for the next few seconds. "Well, I'm Hanako, the pack's diplomat. I feel a lot better knowing a man so dedicated to his work will continue to help the pack recover while I'm away. Regardless of rank we all have very important work to do." she drawled, gentle lyrics rising in a swell of.. was that haughtiness he detected? It would be fitting, given her rank, and yet it still amused him.

Dark lips curved in a tiny, lopsided grin, mirroring her energy as she smiled and swept her tail smoothly over the furs that she lay upon. My my, wasn't the lady proud of herself. "If you're ever in need of a fishing partner, seek me out. Not to brag or anything, but I'm the best. Surprised Sirius hasn't added it to my title just yet." she added, to which he offered a far brighter grin. Pale green gaze twinkled with unspoken mirth, and he dipped his head in a grand bow. Whether he was laying it on thick, or brimming with tactful sarcasm, who could say? "What a kind gesture, lady Hanako. I would be most honoured to learn from a master, should you spare me the time in the future." he purred, nose nearly touching the grass and mint optics lifting to fix upon her dainty features. The tip of his ebony banner gave the slightest twitch, betraying his amusement.

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

09-03-2021, 12:46 PM

Hanako wasn't sure if he'd actually take her up on the offer but felt little need to push it any further. Whilst self conceited as all hell and shallower than a shower, she just wasn't the sort who got mean for the sake of it. From his poise and careful choice of words it was obvious to them both he understood his position here, as long as he remained nice and polite Hanako was happy enough to do the same. Maybe he'd work his way up in the ranks, prove his worth and earn the Warlord's favour. Of course, this was the standard level progression around here, a well-worn path that many had trodden before him, but despite his effective attempts at holding her back at arms length she sensed something amiss. Like he didn't even care for such a thing, like labour of this nature was beneath him and his talents.

She shifted comfortably in her seat, allowing the warmth of the fire to settle into her bones as she regarded him with clever eyes. The longer she shared his company the more obvious it became, forming into suspicion which  probably rang true. It shone through in the tilt of his voice and the cunning gleam in his eyes. Hanako had heard faint whispers of slaves of his...nature, the sort that warmed beds and kept lords company late into the night. She doubted Sirius knew as he no doubt would not have gifted such a licentious man to his daughter, but she supposed it was neither here nor there. Simply a titbit of information to store away for later use, if need be.

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name." Better late than never right?

Nao

Obscura
Vassal

Advanced Fighter (90)

Advanced Hunter (60)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Virgil

09-06-2021, 06:44 PM

It didn't take a genius to recognize the gleam in her narrowed eyes as she scrutinized him, and the way her expression shifted to something that hinted at disdain. The waifish male lifted his cranium from the floor, holding it carefully level with his spine to submit to her authority without saying a word. Hers was a look he'd grown used to in over the years, not everyone took kindly to his kind of work. Regardless of his choice in the matter or not initially, he'd grown to enjoy the way he could slowly worm his way into someone's favour and wrap them around his delicate, manicured claws. It was simply a different avenue than the traditional means of subterfuge, though no less effective in the end. "I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name." she mentioned with the absentminded ease of someone who had done their own fair share of manipulation over their life.

Another soft dip of his head, paired with the simple croon of "There is no need to apologize- I am Satoru Nao, my lady." and a gentle tilt of his dark lips upward, adding warmth to his expression. "At your service." he added with a gentle flutter of his lashes- perhaps trying his luck, but a little bit of receptive body language never hurt if he needed to butter someone up. He swayed lightly on his paws, shifting his weight ever so slightly where he stood. Brows quirked, he cast a keen gaze her way and tipped his auds back hesitantly. "Pardon me if I overstep, but may I ask what happened to princess Ophelia to lead to her.. winding up in the position that might require a servant to tend to her in this manner?" he asked softly, attempting to retain the necessary tact to avoid outright insulting the pudgy princess behind her back. "I wish to fulfill my duties as best as possible, and I believe it might be beneficial to know this." He added, just for the hell of it.

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

09-11-2021, 03:59 PM

Hanako dipped her head, knowing it was something she'd seen exchanged back and forth a lot at Iga. He was quick to steer the conversation in a new direction, one Hanako had not anticipated. Ophie. She supposed Satoru's curiosity was only natural, it wasn't every day a wolf went from fit and healthy to...this.  And it was a shame, well and truly, cause beyond the cosmetic distaste of it even Hanako knew it was a result of suffering. Silent and unseen, till everyone couldn't help but notice.

She ahh'd softly, as though unsure where to begin.

"Her Mother and brother went missing last winter. Then they found some remains with kudu horns and sabers and it just-" There was no way they couldn't have come to the conclusion they'd been killed and burned. The scene was set perfectly, all the pieces right where they needed to be."I don't know her as well as I used to but... I know it hurt her really bad. Everyone started to drift apart , to deal with the grief in the own way and I think that's how she managed it." Or didn't. Ate till she felt nothing but a stuffed belly.

"And this is just conjecture now, but I don't think she meant for it to get this bad. She genuinely seems pretty...delicate and ashamed of herself. Sirius can be harsh at times, he's got high expectations and wants the best from his children. But I think that's why he brought you in, he knows that's not what she needs right now."

Nao

Obscura
Vassal

Advanced Fighter (90)

Advanced Hunter (60)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Virgil

09-30-2021, 06:21 PM
The hesitation that Hanako displayed was only natural, tact was of the utmost importance when dealing with such sensitive matters. The wraith waited patiently, sensing that this might take her a moment or two to explain. Since he was already taking the time to chat, he slowly lowered his haunches to the ground, carefully arranging himself so that he rested on one hip, with his tail wrapped loosely around his haunches. His forepaws were neatly squared with his slim shoulders, tapered skull lowered closer to shoulder level as he sat patiently. "Her Mother and brother went missing last winter. Then they found some remains with kudu horns and sabers and it just-" she began, and he found his brows pinching together. Losing family at a young age was traumatic, he knew that from personal experience. He didn't remember their faces, but he remembered the sharp pain of loss. "I don't know her as well as I used to but... I know it hurt her really bad. Everyone started to drift apart , to deal with the grief in the own way and I think that's how she managed it." the pale fae explained slowly, and the information was surreptitiously tucked away into his mind for later use. Being hard on the girl would be useless, then. A few jabs here and there might keep her moving when she was about to quit, but clearly bullying was not the way to win his freedom. Shame, he got a bit of a kick out of tongue lashings. He nodded his head mutely in understanding.

"And this is just conjecture now," ooh, lady Hanako using the fancy Diplomat speak on a lowly servant. Flaunting the skills that came with status, perhaps? He stifled the wry smirk that threatened to spread over his dainty features. "but I don't think she meant for it to get this bad. She genuinely seems pretty...delicate and ashamed of herself. Sirius can be harsh at times, he's got high expectations and wants the best from his children. But I think that's why he brought you in, he knows that's not what she needs right now." she admitted, leaving the dark furred male with nothing but his own self loathing to fall back on. The Warlord had certainly fucked it up by bringing him along, no one wanted a whore, high class or otherwise, to teach their young daughter how to recover from grief and trauma. He was merely a tool to be used and abused, hardly useful in these circumstances. Unless.. no, it seemed unlikely that the "boyfriend experience" would be useful here.

Collecting his wits, he bowed his head respectfully to the lounging Diplomat. "Your honestly is appreciated, my Lady." he murmured. Well, he ought to quit wasting the poor woman's time. He rose to his paws gracefully, quietly thankful for the moment of reprieve from running about doing errands and chores. Sea foam gaze dropped to the champagne damsel's paws, auds tipping back as he bowed low to the ground in farewell. "I believe I will be taking my leave, I must collect lunch for the princess. However, do not hesitate to seek me out, should you require anything from me." he said quietly, eyes flicking upward momentarily to fix her with a coy look through his thick lashes. She knew who and what he was, and if she needed.. entertainment. He wouldn't- couldn't say no to a high ranking member of the Armada. With a flick of his plush banner against his inner thigh, he lifted himself back to his paws and slunk off into the grass in search of something to bring back to the princess.

-exit-

"Speech!"

TABLE & CODE © SKELLE 2021