size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
10-10-2021, 05:56 PM
The small yearling had only ebbed out of the pack barely in her year alive. Being smaller than a porcupine wasn't really a feat worth boasting about and while she had her spurs, she wasn't really ready for any fights yet. Blue fireflies buzzed and the days seemed darker than before, though the nights were always lit from the moonlight.

Rasha hadn't really seen a whole lot of fireflies before to begin with- much less blue. They led the small wolf on, and before she knew it, she was far away from the pack and deep into the forest where even the branching vines were thicker than Rasha was large. It was always a toss up whether to go over or under. At one point, Rasha climbed up a thick root onto a vine, then onto a branch. She could really see all the fireflies from up here! She bet from afar, she even looked like one!
[Image: for_iko.png]

Mæva

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - DemisexualDouble Master
Bronze Medal 20201K
10-10-2021, 06:13 PM

Mæva was out scouting the regions of the east and south trying to put a complete picture together of prey movements. She wanted to get an idea for what was pushing and pulling prey from one area to another and if there was anything that could be done in Abaven lands to entice more prey in their direction.

Night fell in the blink of an eye. Mæva was left wondering where the day had gone but she knew she'd need to keep an eye out for shelter. However, the forest she found herself in was not welcoming. The air here was still and thick in an uncanny way that made her fur stand on end. Little blue creatures flitted from here to there and she eyed them warily. They reminded her of fireflies but last she checked fireflies didn't glow blue. Another flash of color caught her attention. This time it was a small, purple pup up in a tree. "Hey, hello there, do you live in this forest? I'm wondering if you could tell me about those blue lights."

Rasha

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Iko

10-13-2021, 07:02 PM
Someone came along and DID, in fact, think she belonged there, but not that she was a firefly. The blue orbs floated lazily around her. "Uh, yes!" she called, a story forming in her head. "I am their keeper! They answer to me!"

As if on que, Rasha felt as if she was being pushed from behind and nearly slid off her branch, teetering on the edge. "Uh, yeah, so! It's pretty neat, right?" Rasha lost her footing and scraped down the vines and moss to the bottom with a loud thud. After a moment of struggling, she popped her head up from the brush, "They uhh, don't always listen."

Mæva

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - DemisexualDouble Master
Bronze Medal 20201K
10-13-2021, 07:26 PM

Mæva shifted her weight onto her hind legs so she could stretch her forelimbs more easily up the trunk of the tree. Balancing on her hind legs she peered up at the little creature, nestled in the trees. She grinned as the pup stated that she was the keeper of the fireflies. "Oh?" Mæva's head tilted to the side. Before she could ask more about the fireflies it seemed like the small pup had stumbled. She balanced for a moment there before crashing down through the moss and vines. "Hey! Are you ok?" Mæva scrambled over to the little figure, trying to look at her through the dark to make sure she hadn't broken anything. The pup seemed to be in decent spirits. "Do you know why they're here? I don't normally see fireflies in the winter. Aren't they cold? My name is Mæva by the way."

Rasha

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Iko

10-13-2021, 07:34 PM
Rasha shook her coat, dispatching a small number of the fireflies from her coat, while others clung fast. The other wolf asked is she was ok and she nodded, "I'm fine- it happens a lot."

The woman explained that she didnt normally see fireflies in the winter, and said her name was Mæva. "I dunno. This is my first season out of the den since I'm sickly and all. Never seen them before today. I'm Rasha! From Fireside!" She beamed up still very puplike to the world- not that her height helped with that perception any.

Rasha eyed the woman over a few times, ".... So.... You a firefly expert?"

Mæva

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Bronze Medal 20201K
10-14-2021, 07:38 PM

Mæva was glad the girl was ok. IF she was injured then Mæva wasn't going to be much help. Sure she knew a little bit of basic first aid but not enough to be terribly useful in the case of an injury. The girl introduced herself fas Rasha of Fireside and explained she'd been sickly and hadn't seen much of fireflies. How awful! At her question Mæva shook her head. "No, I don't really know that much about them but I usually see them in the summer and they glow golden or kind of a greenish-yellow. I've never seen blue ones before." A chill breeze rattled the bare branches of the trees above them and Mæva couldn't help but liken the clatter to rattling bones.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-15-2021, 03:22 PM
Rasha

The air feels somehow thinner than before. You also find 3 mushrooms. Maybe these are worth keeping…

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-15-2021, 05:41 PM
Mæva

A chil̎͋́l dips into the air. You also find 1 mushroom. Maybe these are worth keeping…