size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
10-10-2021, 05:51 PM

Following his eventful evening in Fenmyre, Artorias had returned to the Hallows to begin making preparations to hold up his end of the deal with Chimera. The king of Fenmyre had done him a service, and in turn, Artorias would provide security in the form of his greatest and most accomplished warrior. Ezra had proven himself to be a dedicated pack member as well as a capable fighter. The boy had earned his rank as Templar, he had excelled as his apprentice, and had won the yearling bracket at Ashen's summer tournament. He could think of no better liaison between their packs than the dappled Adravendi wolf.

Artorias had asked Ezra to join him for a patrol and a walk so he could fill his friend in on his temporary work assignment. Ezra's presence would be deeply felt and missed in the Hallows, but he knew getting out into the world would do wonders for the young brute. Ezra, as loyal and wonderful as he was, was still incredibly innocent to cultures beyond their own, and some worldly experience would do him good. Plus this would be a good test of his abilities in a leadership position for what Artorias wanted him to be doing once he took over in the winter. Ezra would be his own boss in some ways, expected to answer to Chimera as an alpha, but otherwise wholly independent to decide Fenmyre's security and training as he saw fit. He would represent the Hallows for almost two seasons, and the Aegis knew he would do the pack proud.

Their walk took them through the aspen forest and out to the eastern shore of the continent. The warm summer sun beat down on the coast while Artorias led the way down to some tidal pools on the beach. Clear ocean waves lapped against golden shores. Within the pools, a manner of all sorts of small aquatic animals thrived, waiting for the next tide. Across the sound, the island of Fenmyre sat bathed in sunlight. Artorias gazed across the water at the island, trying to drown out the sounds of the whimpering fae from his memory. "I know you're wondering why I asked you to come out here with me," he said to Ezra after a moment, turning fiery amber eyes to his best friend. "Have you ever been out to this side of Auster before, Ezra?"

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Ezra

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

OverachieverCritical Attack!The Ooze ParticipantVengeanceSnake EyesMammoth Hunter
10-13-2021, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2021, 06:33 PM by Shelby. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ezra easily agreed to go on a patrol with Artorias when he asked, not really thinking anything of it. He was very glad to have the new Aegis both back in the pack and back on his feet after the eventful first half of the winter season since he returned from the Armada. The Hallows certainly hadn't felt the same without his best friend and he was glad to have another wolf to split the patrols and guarding with. It really made him realize how much every single member mattered—especially when it came to how many fighters they had. He walked along casually beside Artorias, keeping his pale gaze peeled for any signs of trouble or danger, but it seemed to be a pretty peaceful day. They didn't patrol outside of the borders all that often, but considering all the trouble they had with the saber cats and giant dire wolves before he was always a bit more watchful in the few times that they did.

They reached what was essentially the opposite shore from where the castle was located, he looked around at the tide pools and was in the middle of considering taking some of these sea creatures back to have for dinner when Artorias began to speak. His attention was pulled back up to the Aegis with a curious glance. When he commented on how he must be wondering what he had brought him out here for Ezra almost chuckled since it really hadn't occurred to him. Artorias had done so much for him since he began training with him and he'd follow Artorias wherever he led in return—figuratively and literally. But either way, he waited for Artorias to explain himself. He gave a curious tilt of his head at the question he was asked, giving Artorias a questioning look. "Sure... Maybe not recently, but I've passed through here on patrols and things in the past. Why do you ask?"

Ezra Adravendi

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
10-13-2021, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2021, 06:31 PM by Shelby. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ezra was such a diligent and loyal member of the Hallows and easily his best friend in the pack. It was why he knew he would be perfect for Chimera's request—but it also made it that much harder to have to turn him loose, even if only for a short time. Ezra mentioned he'd been out here, but not in some time. Artorias had suspected as such. Most wolves didn't have a reason to travel out to the other side of Auster, so they wouldn't know of the existence of Fenmyre. The pack itself was like a well kept secret of the southern continent, a hidden treasure of debauchery and lechery. And he was about to send one of his purest wolves into its midst. He prayed by whatever deities cared to look down upon them that Ezra wouldn't be tainted by his time there.

Gazing across the waves to the lone island sitting silently amidst choppy waters, Artorias lifted a blue paw and pointed it in the direction of the island. "Do you see that island over there?" he said, waiting for Ezra to confirm before he continued. "The island has been claimed by a new pack. You can probably just about smell them over the salt. They're called Fenmyre. I've been in talks with their king, Chimera, about forming an alliance so we can have a unified Auster. He's open to the idea, but asked for assistance protecting his pack while they get established and have a few warriors amongst their ranks." Artorias turned his amber gaze to his friend at his side. "That's why I brought you out here. I wanted you to see the place you'll be spending the next season."

Rising to his paws, Artorias continued a leisurely gait down the beach, peering into each tide pool he passed, watching the small fishes swimming within each. His larger paws crunched through the gritty sand, waiting to hear Ezra ask any questions and preparing to address his concerns as they popped up. "I chose you for this special assignment because I need a wolf I can trust, and who I know will keep their head about them and be damn good at their job. You're our best warrior, Ezra. I just need you to train any of their recruits, keep the pack safe, and don't do anything to get yourself in trouble. Just..." He took a deep breath, trying to figure out how to word this warning to his friend. "...make good choices. You're not stupid, which is why I trust you to do this for the Hallows."

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Ezra

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

OverachieverCritical Attack!The Ooze ParticipantVengeanceSnake EyesMammoth Hunter
10-13-2021, 07:24 PM

Ezra followed Artorias' pointing to look at the island that was just off the coast, giving a nod to confirm before looking back to his friend, wondering where this was going. He listened while Artorias explained how he had been talking to the king of this new pack, Chimera from Fenmyre, about forming an alliance. It certainly made sense at least to have an alliance with the only other pack in Auster. He wasn't exactly the most knowledgeable when it came to pack relations and all that, but it was a logical assumption and he could see why Art would want something like that. He gave a little nod when Art mentioned how Chimera wanted assistance with protecting the pack while they got established, so far understanding everything he was bringing up. However, when he dropped the bomb of the fact that he would be spending the next season there he did a double take, blinking with confusion at Art as the Aegis got up and stated leisurely walking along the shore again.

He sat there with his mouth agape with confusion for a moment, replaying the words in his head as if he needed to make sure he heard correctly. Him? Spending a season there? In a different pack? He gave his head a shake and tried to convince himself that he had just misheard Artorias and got up to catch up to his friend that was starting to walk away. Before he could question him though, Artorias said his reasons for picking him for this and it made Ezra pause long enough to actually listen instead of jumping to a bunch of concerns right away. He didn't exactly like the idea of being sent off to a pack he had never heard of and knew nothing about for the sake of an alliance, but hearing Artorias call him their best warrior and how much he trusted him did feel good. He knew he had come a long way since the days when he was lost and confused and just coming to Art purely because Resin told him to, but all these nice things Artorias said was more validation than he had gotten in a long time.

Artorias making a point of telling him to make good choices and not get himself into trouble did concern him a bit and made him wonder even more what this pack was all about. He knew he'd do it if Artorias asked him even if it wasn't given as a command from his alpha, but he did have some concerns. "What's this pack's deal then?" he questioned, glancing off toward the island. "Is there that much to get in trouble with? And does it really have to be for a whole season? Surely I could teach some lessons in like a couple days and come back... I'm going to have to spend a whole season away from Syanna?" His ears flicked back at that last thought, a frown pulling across his lips.

Ezra Adravendi

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

10-13-2021, 11:57 PM

As he expected, Ezra was initially reserved and hesitant about the work assignment. He hadn't expected the Adravendi lad to start jumping for joy when he was being told he was getting temporarily reassigned, but it was a bargain he had to hold up. He'd struck a deal with Fenmyre's king, and he was a wolf of his word. His only other option would have been to send Avantika, and after the experience she'd had on the island, he wasn't going to send her there again. Perhaps once Ezra's tour in Fenmyre had ended, he could find some other volunteers who had mastered their training to go assist their potential allies.

Ezra asked some very astute questions about his new assignment. Art was actually quite impressed with Ezra's foresight. He would not mince words with his friend; he would tell him the whole truth and all the details his friend wished to know if it would help him prepare mentally. The last thing he wanted to do was feel like he was throwing Ezra into the lion's den unprepared. "Fenmyre is set up to be a business. It operates on the business of pleasure using slaves, drugs, alcohol, you name it. It's a resort island where wolves of all walks can come to indulge in whatever desires they have in their hearts." And in other parts of their bodies... Artorias thought to himself, still remembering the taste of the woman's blood in his mouth. He rubbed his aching jaw with a paw, silently wondering how that fae was doing. He hoped she was okay. He hadn't meant to hurt her permanently.

Artorias paused to turn guarded eyes towards Ezra once more. "I don't think you'll get in any trouble there, Ez. But I know Chimera. He's a tricky wolf to get a read on, and I think he enjoys fucking around with wolves. He'll no doubt offer you things you'll never have considered in your life. You and I are basically adults so I won't tell you what you can and can't do, but I will warn you to think about what you accept from him before you take." Was he being slightly cryptic and vague? Yes, but it was only because Artorias couldn't possibly imagine all the debased things Chimera might offer his young Templar. He could only give him a heads up to be careful. Ezra asked about the duration of his stay and Art shook his head.

"Right now, Fenmyre has no other warriors to speak of. Chimera will need time recruiting them, which is where you'll be filling in pulling security for the pack. When he does get his own warriors, you'll be training them as well as guarding the pack. The deal Chimera and I reached is until the winter arrives, so I'm afraid the answer is yes." His gaze darkened a little when Ezra mentioned being apart from Syanna. "I'm afraid so. Trust me, Ezra, you won't want her in Fenmyre." Gods knew he didn't suspect Chimera would want to keep his paws off the vixen-esque fae. That would only cause problems. He waited to address any other questions or concerns his Templar had for him. He wanted Ezra to get them all out of the way now before he told him he had only a few days before he would have to leave.

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Ezra

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

10-14-2021, 01:06 PM

Artorias painted him a picture of what Fenmyre was and what they dealt with and Ezra's frown deepened. It was a far cry from the refuge and place of healing that The Hallows claimed to be and he wondered if it was really a pack that they wanted to be associating with even if they were the only other Auster based pack. He didn't really know what to think about the salves thing, but as he thought more about it he supposed he couldn't really judge on the drugs and alcohol. They had wine in the castle that they all partook in and Syanna dabbled in various intoxicating plants so that much at least was easier to wrap his mind around. Either way, it wasn't really his place to question Artorias' decisions there and maybe there was more to it that he wasn't being told. He owed Art everything and if this was some way he could repay him for training him and helping him figure his life out then he figured he'd better do it whether he agreed completely or not.

He nodded with understanding as Artorias explained how Chimera might offer him things and how he was a hard wolf to read. At least he knew to look out for it instead of going in blind. And once Artorias explained their lack of warriors he could better understand why his assignment there was more substantial than just a few visits to help train. He glanced out toward the island he'd be living on and guarding until the Auster winter and he supposed he should at least be grateful that the pack was on an island. At least that would be pretty easy to guard. Knowing what he knew now he completely understood what Art meant when he said that Syanna shouldn't be there and he didn't really want her there either. It just meant he was going to have a long and lonely season and a half without her. "I understand." He wasn't happy about it, but he understood.

He sighed and shrugged as he looked back at Artorias with a grin. "I guess we better be getting back so I can get ready to go, huh? Gotta get in every minute with Syanna that I can. Guess I better let my dad know too unless you told him already." He'd need a lot of mating to hold him over for an entire season—not that he thought Syanna would be opposed to spending the next couple days in bed. He tried to tell himself that The Hallows and Fenmyre weren't all that far apart and if he really, really wanted to he could probably make a quick day trip home, but he also didn't know how busy he was going to be on the warrior-less island.

Ezra Adravendi

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

10-14-2021, 10:16 PM

Artorias wished he didn't have to do this. He wished he could have given Ezra the option, the choice on whether he wanted to participate in something like this of his own free will. Being away from your lover sucked; Art knew this well from all his time away from Briar, so he could empathize with Ezra's predicament. But perhaps if they were lucky, Ezra would be afforded some time off to go visit his girlfriend, or perhaps she could meet him somewhere for a conjugal visit. The young Aegis really didn't want Syanna going to Fenmyre to see Ezra, lest Chimera take a liking to her as well. He was trying to build an alliance here, not tempt the fates by dangling fresh meat in front of a hungry shark's nose.

Ezra accepted the situation as it was. Dutiful, loyal Ezra... Artorias would need to do something incredibly special for his best friend upon his return. "Thank you, Ezra," he murmured in response, his eyes still fixated on Fenmyre. He met Ezra's grin with a smirk of his own, giving a knowing chuckle. He knew exactly what was in the young brute's mind, since it had been on his the last week he'd spent in the Armada, when all he'd wanted to do was get his paws all over Briar as often as he could. "Don't worry about Ulric, I'll talk to him for you. He will probably want to see you off though. Spend the next few days gathering anything you want to take and enjoying your time with Syanna. I'll reassign your duties so you can have the time you need. Chimera is expecting you in three days." There, it was done. Ezra had been given his assignment and he would be the Hallows liaison to Fenmyre until the winter.

Oh, but there was one last important detail Artorias wanted to hammer home as they began turning back towards the west. "One last thing, Ezra. I want you to remember, even though you'll be under Chimera's command and protecting Fenmyre, you are still a Hallowed wolf. If he asks you to do anything beyond what you're comfortable doing, you can deny him. If you get into a fight, I don't want you risking your life. You will not die for another pack. Understood?" Artorias fixed Ezra with a deathly serious look. He knew his best friend had a tendency to go all-in on the things he was involved in, and while he admired that tenacity, he refused to let Ezra get killed for someone else. If push came to shove, he'd rather Ezra abandon the island and return home than have to bury his best friend. He was not willing to lose another loved one so soon.

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family