Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
10-14-2021, 10:47 PM
I can't destroy what isn't there
The Warlord tossed and turned uneasily in his bed. Heart sore and weary. Paws still muddy from where he had planted the flowers, throat still tight and raw from the emotions of the loss. Another loss. If Sirius could make his wolves immortal, and tie them to the Warlord, he would. Without hesitation, without a second thought. He would bind them to him, now and forever. Never again would another wolf leave, as Naiche had left him. Naiche had been one of the last wolves left to him from near the beginning of his reign.

With the heaviness of his emotions, and the restlessness of his body, he did not expect to sleep. So it was some surprise to him when he did drift off, and open his eyes to another world entirely.

"Speech"

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Spooky CaveBeevent
10-14-2021, 10:49 PM

The soft rustling of trees could be heard a short way off as a cool breeze sent large fall leaves to dance in the air before gently landing on the ground.  Pinpricks of stars were faint but there for those who sought them, the moon just a thin curved slice in the sky for now.

The grass likewise showed signs of fall with its somewhat faded colors.  There were no paths trampled down by prey or predator instead it seemed simply an endless sea of grass that ended in a wall of fog.  The fog surrounded the pleasant landscape as if to set a border on how much one was allowed to witness of the land beyond.  

“Sirius,” the one word was gently stated to the tired warlord of the living world.  They were separated now, a distance neither would cross, at least not in Sirius lifetime.  A visit and goodbye would have to do.  Naiche was back to his normal size in this state and even the scars from his mortal life appeared to be gone.  

It was strange.  Naiche had woken up here a bit ago and seen the wolf who appeared older than Naiche remembered.  Was this the normal way of things when one dies?  Either way, the sense of peace he felt certainly was abnormal.  There was no rush to do anything, no need to make himself stronger but it was a time to rest.  

"Naiche"
[Image: WE5CTgt.png]

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
10-14-2021, 11:03 PM
The Warlord blinked and looked about himself in some confusion. The ethereal quality of the air grating on his senses. Everything was all just faintly… off. He knew he could scent the wind, but at the same time, it seemed like the scent was in his brain, and not his nose. His paws were weightless as he settled his weight upon them, and looked around.

A voice called his attention, and when he turned sharply, the world was suddenly simply there. The Warlord swallowed past the sudden pain in his throat. Taking in the familiar form of the wolf in front of him. The boy, not much older than his own children. The General, and loyal soldier who had sworn himself to pack and Warlord. The Wolf who had died, when Sirius had been unable to prevent it.

“....Naiche.” he said after a moment, his voice raw with emotion. He stepped forward, trying to breach the gap between them. “How… how are you here? Was it all a bad dream?” Like some how Zee had crossed the impossible and returned to him.

"Speech"

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

10-14-2021, 11:15 PM

No surprise the giant wolf was confused considering Naiche didn’t know how this all worked either.  Naiche simply felt it natural in the same way while living it had seemed normal without having to explain.  Naiche was at ease but sensed the strong emotion coming from Sirius.  The golden wolf gave a slow shake of his head, “No, I am dead.  Apparently, while a life is over the spirit can still exist, in some fashion, in some different place.” A small shrug of his shoulders.

“I said goodbye to most of the family already,” at least to Arc and Asla but should he try to also visit Satira? Was it possible?  Hell if Naiche actually knew how this happened.  Was it a thing he caused or something Sirius had caused? “I don’t really know how it works but, it seems I have a chance to try and offer you a proper goodbye.”

If Naiche had a choice of who to see it would be his son.  Was it a bloodline curse for a child not to have his father as he grew up.  Well, the dead can only do as much as whatever – whatever Naiche could figure out. “Thank you Sirius.  I was alone and you gave me a home and a future.” Sure, that future had come to an end sooner than both had imagined but in a little over a years time Naiche had been able to mature, learn more, and become both a general and a father.  

"Naiche"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

10-14-2021, 11:20 PM
No, I am dead.” his General admitted. Sirius’s brows pitched together, dread and sadness rolling across him once more at the words. The small, budding hope that had taken root inside of him shattered. His heart broke anew. He slammed a paw angrily down on the ground. It wasn’t supposed to go this way. This wasn’t supposed to happen.

“A home and a future?” he whispered, his face desolate. “You are two years old, Naiche. Where. You were two you had your entire life ahead of you.” his eyes shimmered, his vision blurring. Anger and sorrow warring in his breast as the tears slowly slipped free. He slammed his paw down again. “I didn’t give you permission to leave Naiche! You weren’t allowed to go. This wasn’t supposed to happen.”

"Speech"

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

10-14-2021, 11:32 PM

Naiche watched Sirius slam his paw on the ground, and how the grass returned to where it had been afterward.  There would be no sign here of any action taken it seemed.  Naiche shrugged off the angry words, “and in that time I gained more confidence than many a wolf, I become a good enough fighter to earn a rank of general.  For all I tried to stay distant I fell in love and had a child.  All in one year.  All because you let me in the pack, you helped me trained and encouraged me along the way.”

Another twitch of his lip, “My vows to you were with my lifeblood.  That’s already been poured out.  Still, where my father let me just run off on my own and where my grandfather left when he felt it was his time to die, I knew you would never do either of those things.  Someone wanted me enough not to leave me or let us get separated.”  It was a time for goodbye's and Sirius needed to accept that.  

“Now, there is something I want of you Sirius.  Will you fulfill my last request?” No hint would be given but the words had a weight of seriousness to it and a somewhat colder wind rippled through the landscape.  Naiche was still absurdly shorter than the dire wolf and yet that stare he met Sirius with showed a belief to be on even standing at this moment.  The leader of the armada had to learn to get past wanting the dead to come back to life.

"Naiche"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

10-14-2021, 11:47 PM
The Warlord closed his eyes, listening to the familiar voice of his General. Like Tamsyn before her, his advice meant something to the Warlord. His words held weight, and it almost seemed like he had grown in wisdom with his passing. Sirius was openly weeping now, the strength of the Warlord pouring out in the tears he would not shed so easily in front of the pack or the living. “I love you, Naiche. You were mine, you were a son to me. Your loyalty and strength is something to be greatly admired, and I hope to tell future generations of the wolf that had once stood at my side.” he promised past the tears. He would always wish it didn’t have to be this way. But Naiche was right, as well. He could not change the past. He was only glad that Naiche did not regret his time in the Armada.

“Of course I will, Naiche. Both of your children will always have a home by my hearth.” he whispered, guessing the wolf's last request - because would else would Sirius himself ask, if he was in Naiche’s shoes? And as for only one of the kids sharing Naiche’s blood - Sirius had always seem them both as blood children to both Naiche and Mojito, no matter the strange heritage of the two.

"Speech"

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

10-15-2021, 12:10 AM

Naiche could not stop the pain Sirius felt but even as he felt an echo of sorrow for what the giant wolf felt a droplet of rain would land on the ground.  A soft gentle rain enveloped the landscape despite any appearance of clouds in the sky.  Tears fell from the warlord's eyes and the sky seemed to cry with him.

“There were times I had wished I could call you father when I first came.” The golden wolf admitted, “however, I never felt I deserved it as a child.  Eventually, as I matured the need for a father lessened at any rate.  You were my leader and there is comfort in knowing there is one you trust to make final decisions, to lessen the responsibility upon oneself.”  It was possibly a mix of what Sirius would like hearing.  

Naiche’s lip twitched a bit thinking of being something to tell future wolves of.  “I’m not so sure I ever did anything special enough to be shared with future generations.”  A proud grin crossed his features then, “though, I thank taking down that giant bear on my own was pretty damn good.”  After all, not only was a wolf versus a bear always a risky matchup, Naiche never had the same size or bulk as some of the wolves.  The grin faded as his thoughts traveled from there, “Of course, the only one who got to watch the fight was one far too young.”  Naiche closed his eyes and the rain picked up to a more steady rainfall, no longer a light trickling, It pained Sirius enough to cry and he was both adult and hadn’t watched it.  

Naiche let out a slow sigh, “That’s not what I’m asking for though.  I know how possessive you are and protective of family.  I have no need to ask for what you would already give.  I both know you and trust you.”  He let that sink in for a moment before adding on, “I also know the pain you would be carrying and the load it weighs down on you.  Sirius, I appreciate how much you would mourn for me but my request is this,” another pause, “look past my death.  I’m gone, remember me well but look to the future and not the past.  The pack needs you strong.  When you are confident the pack can feel safe and trust that nothing will happen.  Show yourself as the leader you are, move forward.”  Naiche was not Zee nor Azure for the deep ties Sirius had to them but still. “I have no regrets with how I died.  What better way is there than to save the life of one you love?  If you put blame on yourself then you dishonor me for it was my choice and my fight.” Another grin offered, “I fulfilled another vow you know.  To protect the children with my life.  That bear never had a chance.”

"Naiche"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

10-15-2021, 12:23 AM
“You gave me strength when I needed it. You guarded this pack, and would have given your life for its wolves. You d- He cleared his throat “you did give your life for its wolves.” He said softly, knowing Naiche would be remembered. Perhaps he ought to carve the names of the wolves he had loved and lost on the Obelisk. He never would have thought or wished for the need of such a thing. But if they must pass, he would find a way to remember them. Now, and forever.

He gave a soft, watery laugh. Half exasperation, half defeat with a sprinkle of amusement at Naiche’s words. “Truth. My protection was always guaranteed.” He agreed. He let out a soft sigh. “I want to shake you for accepting your death so easily, but appreciate it too. Even in death, you seek to give me support and strength.” he said, turning his face upwards into the dripping rain. He could swear he tasted salt on his lips, but perhaps that as simply from his tears. “Very well, Naiche. We will mourn you, but the world will keep spinning.”

"Speech"

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

10-15-2021, 12:35 AM

Naiche seemed amused at the warlord's words about what he would have done and then correcting it too had.  Having set firm rules and morals for himself had helped Naiche feel confident at most times.  He didn’t have to like a decision to know it was the right one.  

“If it helps, I think it is easier to accept one’s own death than having to live with another dying.” Naiche glanced behind him at the fog for a moment then back towards Sirius, “I have no idea how this works yet so I have no idea if I’ll be able to watch you or not.”  If he could watch his son or not.  Naiche hoped so.  “I know time has passed simply due to being here and you already knowing of it but I don’t know how long or what's happened since.  I have no idea if that changes.  I believe I have to go now.”

Naiche turned to walk away, glancing back, “Goodbye Sirius.  I know you are strong and that you love everyone in the pack.  They were my family as well so take good care of all of them.  I’m counting on you.  If you can do that then I can be at peace.” What was to come as he left?  Naiche didn’t know, only that something called him to leave.  He was no longer bound to those that lived.

"Naiche"