Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
Ice Bridge ExplorerWealthyHomebodyDouble MasterExplorerVolcano
1KTreat 2019
09-19-2021, 09:29 AM

If she'd answered simply Tyrian would have have let her off with a coy "then nope, I have nothing to say" and been content to leave it at that, but she responded a bit more strongly than he had anticipated. Because he didn't care about what had transpired between her and Sparrow he kept forgetting that Hanako was likely to be more sensitive to real - or, as in this instance - imagined slights. It was his fault and he knew it, but he had no regrets as of yet. She needed to toughen up and learn to laugh about this so she could see it for what it was; average, boring, petty shit. Fuck her boyfriend and Sparrow (even though he personally loved her) and whoever else would think less of her for a breakup. That's how he would feel if it were him, anyway.

Tyrian pretended to be affronted and he held up a paw begging her to stop. "Easy, no need to get defensive I was merely asking for a friend." In truth he would have slept with her if given the chance not because he thought she was easy or because Sparrow's little pity party had any influence on him, but because she was beautiful. And, perhaps one of the key differences between them, Tyrian wouldn't have thought anything of it or her. Sex was just sex in most cases. He liked to think what he had with Lachlan was more than just their physical intimacy and that, in his mind, was what made them a couple instead of just friends.

"I "have a man" thank you very much and your lack of confidence in my abilities is a little bit hurtful." His expression did not match his words as he was looking at bit bratty when he said them. It was kind of funny that she was implying he was a bit backward for herding sheep when it was becoming clear she was a bit of a prude.

"Tyrian," when she said his name he looked up at her, "you're already quite heavy. Then aren't you worried about getting fat?" He blinked once slowly to drive home his lack of comprehension before asking blandly, "What?"

""

Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
Derby WinnerHomebodyLighting McQueenExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted House1KBeevent
09-19-2021, 01:09 PM

And now Hanako felt a little bad. As entangled as she was in her own thoughts and desires, she didn't go out of her way to be a bad person, you know? She liked people and making them happy, but it was a difficult juggling act to maintain when so many factors needed to be taken into consideration. Maybe she had come across as overly defensive, like a hedgehog curling in on itself, but she felt as though she didn't have any alternatives either. She couldn't just let stuff go, it clung to her, defining who she was with every passing slight.

She simply hummed in the back of her throat, eager to move on already. There was no denying she was surprised to learn he already had a man and the quirking of her brows said as much. It was probably more of a casual thing from the sounds of it, but that seemed about right considering what she knew of Tyrian. No strings attached sort of guy, unlike Hanako who dangled like a puppet even at the best of times. Desperate to find a solid foothold.

Maybe being so carefree and confident in his ability to do whatever he liked suited him, as a king, but Hanako didn't feel so stable. There was so much she could lose and without it who would she even be? Hanako didn't want to find out.

"Oh I apologise dear King, I'd hate to offend you on the Armada's behalf." If nothing she hoped to smoothen things out with a bit of banter, if it wasn't too late. Deciding she couldn't be bothered to press on the idea of him getting fat from a lack of exercise, she was quick to drop the topic. If he was simply playing dumb then that was fine too, she guessed. "Don't worry about it, I meant no harm. I'm sure you are fine as is."

[Image: dfvjf24-4160f57c-3b2d-47de-b3e1-aa34987f...SqQlFNW-eM]

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
1KTreat 2019
09-19-2021, 03:06 PM

Her surprise in learning he had someone was delightful and just what he wanted. Okay not quite, he would have liked some scoffing or something so he could feign offense and turn the attention all on himself, but he would settle for a little owlish blinking. It was cute; like she didn't know what to make of him and his relationship. Did it not fit in with her picture of him? Or her worldview, perhaps? Knowing he had someone but was still a bit of a ho? It was fun to think about, but Hana didn't seem keen on lingering so Tyrian supposed he'd let her off the hook. For now.

"Apology accepted," he said with fake tartness. "I'd hate for you to accidentally start a war because you implied the king was a fat whore." Tyrian dug around for another apple and took a bite out of it while fixing Hanako with a cheeky look.

""

Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
09-19-2021, 03:38 PM

Hanako couldn't help but laugh, airy and free. She'd assumed he was sharp enough to get a feel for what she was implying, and sure enough he'd followed through with a comment that was far more crass than anything she'd dare to say. But then again it kind of went without saying by now, didn't it?

"Oh thank goodness." Hanako made a show of sighing in relief as she pressed a paw to her chest, all dainty. "Though in your defence I'm sure wars have been started for less. I like to consider myself the voice of reason within the Armada. I take the ask questions now and bark later, sort of approach."

Which was to say she didn't quite agree with how Sirius went about that whole thing but...she was certain Tyrian felt some sort of way about it. He was masterfully good at not showing it, acting all laid back and reassured like she wasn't part of a pack who clearly took issue with his kin. As a diplomat she knew their history to get by, including someone pissing over the boarder, their raid against Ashen, Sparrow and her feelings , and now this. It was all starting to stack up, sooner or later something was going to come to a head.

"Am I right in guessing you're the same?"

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

1KTreat 2019
09-26-2021, 01:33 PM

"Wars have been started for less,"he said lightly, his mind flashing back to childhood memories. His father had given him history lessons - albeit heavily stilted ones - growing up. Imperium had sieged and destroyed a pack simply because the alpha had slandered Valentine. That was, according to the rules Tyrian had grown up with, an Imperialis birthright. Fortunately Tyrian wasn't quite the vindictive ass his father had been as a ruler. Quite.

"Yes, although I think it would be unjust to claim I do anything other than strive to be that way." While he considered himself a generally easygoing individual, Tyrian had his vices. He was vindictive, proud and more than a little prejudiced in favor of his in-group. He could be malicious, he could be hot-headed, and he was more than a little cavalier when it came to decorum, but he knew the virtues of thinking before acting, and he did try his best to be thoughtful in his actions. Especially when it concerned more than just himself.

Tyrian was getting kind of tired of apples and the longer he stared at the one in his claws the less appetizing it became. So naturally he began clawing patterns into it. After a beat he turned a wry eye back to Hanako. "So your alpha needs a voice of reason, eh? Has he not got one of his own?"

""

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

09-26-2021, 03:01 PM

Some effort was better than none and it was clear that Tyrian was willing to do a bit of introspection every now and then. He had all the makings of a good leader, it was undeniable, but Hanako wasn't entirely sure she was allowed to think that, given he might be the enemy one day. But who knew how things might work out? Hanako was talented at her craft but even she couldn't bring a screeching war machine to a halt, words could only do so much.

Watching Tyrian tire of the apples, her lips quirked up at the corners as he began to scratch lines into the skin. Swirls and patterns fuelled by wandering attentions. Or at least that was the vibe he was giving off, whether it was intentional or not was debatable but Hanako wasn't in the habit of writing off Tyrian so soon. He was capable, sharper than a fair  few alphas she'd spoken with. Pulling an apple close, she tried to follow in his example, but soon huffed in frustration at the bluntness of her nails. Sloppy work, all she'd achieved was getting apple juice over her foot.

"Not always." Hanako told him and flicked her paw, her tone real in no sugar coating sort of way. "He's protective and you know how men can sometimes get. Want to just prove a point, but at the end of the day aren't wholly unreasonable. " She offered a wry smile. "And you know me, I have to earn my keep somehow."

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

1KTreat 2019
10-01-2021, 05:55 PM
Tyrian frowned thoughtfully as she mentioned ‘how men could be’. It was a bit backward and suggested that Sirius was of the hyper masculine but ultimately fragile variety; the sort to build their reputation and identity on their machismo. The problem was that if you built yourself up on one little facet like that it became like a spindle upon which the rest of you could only teeter. It was a weakness he liked to see in a rival and it lined up with Sirius’ behavior so far.

Tyrian scoffed lightly at her attempt to defend her alpha’s actions and then groaned, “Let’s not talk politics, there has to be a safer topic to discuss. Like…oh fuck I don’t know, religion or…” he waved his apple as he tried to come up with something as unsavory as religion. “Cannibalism.” He understood she was just trying to do her job but it bothered him a little and it took everything he had not to unload on her. She didn’t deserve his ire even if she was defending a fragile man unworthy of her effort; which was the opinion Tyrian was forming. He would do his best not to snap at her as she had done for him over his repeated unsavory teasing. But he was only going to warn her off it once. His brother had gotten hurt and Tyrian’s manners could only hold back so much of his anger.

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

10-02-2021, 10:43 AM

Hanako raised a paw in surrender. She wasn't gonna keep pushing at it as she'd received his hint loud and clear. Not that Tyrian left much room for misunderstanding. She was grateful though, he could have easily taken it out on her and she would've been powerless to stop him. It was smart not to though, as things stood the Armada was the aggressor, giving the King plenty of time to stew on how he would react. How things would develop from here on out was a mystery, but it didn't take a genius to realise the ball was in Firesides court.

It wasn't hard to imagine what they were capable of, she'd heard recounts of their raids and the like. The capable warriors that filled their ranks.

"I'm just saying if it comes to war, leave me and my stuff alone." She told him, offering him a side glance.  "Or you'll be in big trouble, you hear?" It was a joke, the thought of them raiding Armada to rummage through her den was laughable. Hopefully.

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

1KTreat 2019
10-15-2021, 03:56 PM

When it came down to it Tyrian was pretty reasonable which was why after Hanako signaled her willingness to let it go and then offered a joke he was quick to latch on to it. His jovial manner returned and after chuckling he cast her a sly look. "Should it come to that just be sure to mark your valuables so we know...not to touch them."

Both apple and paw dropped to Tyrian's chest as a bit of curiosity demanded a topic change. "So what brought you here, Hanako? Must have been important to bring you so close to..." God, what should he even call Fireside? "Potential enemies." Tyrian smirked. "Surely it wasn't just the apples." It was winter after all. She had to have known the odds of finding some were slim.

""

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

11-05-2021, 11:09 AM

If he wanted to change the topic then yeah, fair enough. She could take a hint. Eying the apples she admired their colours, how the hues blended together in a sweet reminder of autumn. As though a harsh winter wasn't already rolling over the land, just like the year prior. So of course Tyrian liked to think the whole world revolved around him, why wouldn't he? It was just so him.

"No it was just the apples. Figured there might be some lying around still. That or I'd have to sneak into your land and see if you were hiding them all for yourselves."  Imagine that, trespassing for apples. Funny only in theory. "I assume your pack won't go without after I scared all those pigs off? " She only felt a little bad, after all she doubted Fireside were running so low on food this would have been their only chance to eat.

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

1KTreat 2019
11-20-2021, 09:56 AM

Tyrian pinched the tip of his tongue between his teeth and cast Hanako a wry look. It was awfully tempting to make a comment about merely looking at borders or some shit, but he had just changed the topic, hadn't he? Alas, he was going to have to be good lest he throw himself back into that conversation and make a mess of everything. "Oh, I don't know," he said with faux gravity, "we were counting on those pigs to get us through the winter." A sigh and then another wry look. "I guess we'll have to eat those sheep now." You know, the livestock they bred for food and stuff. Oh darn.

""