gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player

The Ooze ParticipantFamous
11-20-2021, 02:55 PM

A wave came in and as Sabine watched it swallowed up her legs. For a second they flickered and lost focus, and then in that moment before the tide recedes, she felt it. The water. Felt it gather at her ankles; felt the chill of it against her skin. And then with a swoosh as its momentum was released and the wave was drawn quickly back into the sea, her feeling left her. But that brief second of feeling was all she needed.

With a smirk Sabine turned from the waves and began to head down the beach. She felt as though she were growing stronger by the day which led her to believe that maybe, just maybe, she could build up a tolerance and stay here. It seemed reasonable enough to her. If exertion built muscle then perhaps something similar could happen with the ghosts and reality. She wanted desperately to sink her teeth into something. Perhaps someday soon that would be an option.

TALK SHIT
[Image: bK4cZNp.png]
GET HIT

Úlfr

Hemlock
Stalker

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (280)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Snake EyesThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Double MasterIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth Hunter
Pride - Gay1K
11-20-2021, 03:15 PM

Úlfr had hoped his encounter with his sick aunt had left him unscathed but alas it wasn't to be. From the first sneeze he knew something was wrong. He'd hoped it was a regular cold but then he started losing fur around his ears and eyes and in place of it grew tiny ice blue fungi. And then the ooze began. It dripped almost constantly from his nose and rattled his lungs bringing about a terrible cough. He'd shuffled to the beach, hoping to warm himself on the obsidian rocks before re remember the sun didn't really shine any more and the moon offered no heat. Úlfr flopped down upon the rocks. He rubbed at his eyes and nose for a moment before his vision focused on a woman moving from the edge of the sea and walking down the beach. For a brief moment he thought he'd been able to see through her but when he focused again she seemed solid. "I'm contagious. Be careful. " He barked. It seemed fair to offer her warning and if she refused to heed it then that was her own problem.

Sabine

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player

11-20-2021, 03:28 PM

Her head swiveled as someone called out to her. Sick, eh? Her eyes fell on the boy. He reminded her of a moss covered log she'd passed not too long ago and she wondered absently if he was as soft and pettable. As for his warning, well, what did that matter? "Fret not," she said with a rude laugh, "I'm dead." But yes, he did look quite sick, poor thing.  Sabine grinned. "Oh, but never mind me. Just look at you, pretty boy. You've seen better days, that's for sure." She stepped closer, heedless of his personal space, and lifted a paw as though she was going to touch some of the fungus on his head. "What happens if one of these gets a good, hard yank, hm?"

TALK SHIT
GET HIT

Úlfr

Hemlock
Stalker

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (280)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Snake EyesThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Double MasterIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth Hunter
Pride - Gay1K
11-20-2021, 03:37 PM

Úlfr looked the woman up and down as she explained that she was dead. His first inclination was that she was full of shit but considering all the weird that had been going on lately could she in fact be a ghost? Had some tear occurred between this realm and the realm of the dead? Perhaps this really was a sign of the end times. "How is that possible? You stand before clear as day-" He stopped. "I suppose that means nothing. I don't remember the last clear day I've experienced."

As the woman moved forward into his personal space Úlfr staggered to his feet and backed up nearly right into the ocean. "Don't! It does no good. Its painful and will only cause more to grow." Had the gods sent this spirit to torment him? To test him?

Sabine

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player

11-20-2021, 04:01 PM

He didn't believe her? Hm. Well, he'd see in time. Any second now he'd catch on, she was sure of it. She grinned broadly. "Is that so! How fantastic," she purred. It may have caused him harm but that didn't mean a potoo's tit to her. Unless of course he squealed in the process in which case it would make her absolutely giddy.

"I think I need to see this for myself," she said as she stalked after him. "Come now, boy, play along, I've been bored to death for ages- oh," Sabine grinned again. "'In death', I suppose describes it better but ahhh, details. Come now, one little tug. I promise I'll be gentle with you."

TALK SHIT
GET HIT

Úlfr

Hemlock
Stalker

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (280)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Pride - Gay1K
11-20-2021, 04:13 PM

Úlfr's ears flicked back at the spirits reaction. Rather that backing off she seemed excited to pluck the fungi from his body to cause him pain. He steeled himself, hackles raised and ears back. "Leave me be spirit, I've done nothing to you!" He pedaled backwards a short ways until the rush of cool water snaked around his legs. How fast could a spirit move? If she could hurt him could he hurt her? His heart raced as she stalked closer and closer. It was now or never. Perhaps he could answer his own questions. With a snarl Úlfr charged forward, seeking to race past the specter's left side as his jaws lashed out. He tried to bite her left shoulder to see if he could draw blood or if indeed his jaws would simply move right through her.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-20-2021, 05:00 PM
Ulfr

You are temporarily disabled by your illness (-15% in all fights and races until event's conclusion).

You gain:
  • Mushroom (3x)- Used in Firefly's Shoppe, and perhaps elsewhere...

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-20-2021, 05:19 PM
Sabine

You feel your figure shimmer lightly as if being pulled back to Somnium, but it subsides.

You gain:
  • Ethereal Somnium Pass (character-bound)- One time use. Allows a Somnium character to return to thread freely for 1 in-character season (2 months) after event is concluded. Restricted to only threads where you have permission to enter, no trespassing, pass will be revoked if abused. Post in Maintenance when ready to use this pass.