Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantPride - LesbianCritical Hit!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
11-20-2021, 02:08 PM

Valdís curled up tighter underneath the elk hide, seeking to conserve as much warmth as possible. Somewhere in her mind she knew it was spring but all she felt was cold. Her bright green eyes stared up at the moon, blinking cloudy green liquid from her vision. She lifted a paw to swipe at her nose, removing more of the same glowing green liquid. Despite her lover's best efforts she was growing weaker and weaker every day. She wanted to believe that she wasn't going to go out this way. She dreamed of dying in battle, not in a den from some bizarre illness. It made her heart ache. She'd been going from one illness to another. She'd hoped to take a trip north with Ásvor one last time but now it seemed that dream would not come to pass.

"Talk" "You" Think

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - LesbianBeeventVolcano
11-21-2021, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 09:33 AM by Ásvor. Edited 1 time in total.)

Valdís had gotten sick first, though Ásvor had soon followed. At first she'd attempted to hide her illness from her in the hopes that it would pass, so that she might focus on her wife's symptoms first.. but it seemed there was no cure, she'd accepted that by by now, not for either of them. The realize had been heavy at first but had grown lighter with each day that passed. All she could do was prescribe them bot herbs to lighten the pain and take their minds somewhere else. Today she was clear-minded though, at least as lucid as she could be with a crystal overtaking one of her eyes and the same viscous liquid dripping from her nose and eyes and mouth. She sniffed quietly as she slid into their shared den after a short walk, wanting to get some fresh air. The darkness seemed so stifling now that she hadn't quite gotten what she wanted out of her walk but it didn't hurt to try. "My love," she announced her return quietly as she moved to her side, heaving a pained sigh as she lowered herself down onto her belly.

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantPride - LesbianCritical Hit!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
11-21-2021, 07:27 PM

Valdís sighed softly, awash in her memories until she heard her wife entering the den. Ásvor lowered down onto her belly and Valdís rolled carefully onto her feet, doing her best to ignore the pain in her joints where fluid was collecting. In the dark you could almost see a dull green glow pulsing underneath the skin. She moved over towards her wife, gasping for breath before collapsing next to the other woman. She sought to wriggle closer, desiring to snuggle as close as she could to her lover. "The veil thickens… my time grows shorter." She sighed heavily. "I didn't expect to go like this, but I could think of no kinder way to go than with you by my side." She'd always expected to die in battle, but there was something to the quiet and the dark, being wrapped in the arms of her wife.

"Talk" "You" Think

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

11-22-2021, 06:14 PM

She'd expected the end would look far different than this, but it wasn't her place to decide her name nor her fate. That was all up the gods she'd always believed in, though she'd never been as faithful as her mother had tried to raise her to be. Though she'd never been without faith she certainly could've done better... could've done better in so many ways. For Valdis, for her son. Briefly she watched as her life flashed before her, a series of disjointed memories that came to her without any context. Young Ulfr, so small. Her own siblings, just as young, back when her mother had ruled Yfir. The first time she'd ever met Valdis, huddled together to seek shelter from a spring storm. She breathed a tired, heavy sigh as she curled tightly against her. Though one of her eyes remained untainted by the crystal growths, still it pooled with ooze and left it intermittently sightless. Asvor had no doubt her sight would soon be completely gone. "And nor could I," she agreed, her voice tired though with a hidden strength that spoke of her acceptance of their fate. She'd known for some time that they didn't have much longer left but it was a shame they couldn't say goodbye to Ulfr. She'd rather forgo a goodbye entirely than expose him to such a sickness, no matter how much she would've liked to see him. He'd always been strong - he would carry on as he was destined to. "Thank you," she started after a moment of quiet, her breaths low and ragged now. "For loving me in a way I never expected. Nor deserved. My life.. was made complete because you were in it." She'd always been independent but she knew in her heart her life would've been lesser without Valdis in it, and she knew their love would carry on into the next life they ended up in.

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

11-24-2021, 12:55 PM

Valdís pressed as close as her weak form would allow, sensing the body heat draining from each of them. She blinked rapidly, trying to clear more of the ooze from her eyes but it did little to stop her vision from growing darker. She was starting to feel like she was floating. Her senses were numbing, though she could still hear her wife's words. It brought tears to the hardened warriors face. "I feel the same… I'm so glad… we can go together." She meant it, she truly did. One of her worst fears was Ásvor dying before her and having to carry on without her other half. She could manage for their son of course, but he was an adult now. A young, strong warrior, who had found his own path to follow and though she knew he'd grieve she hoped he would think fondly of them, and know they were proud.

Pain settled in a knot in her chest, making it harder to breathe. She coughed weakly, feeling the fluid building in her lungs. Sensing her last breath was at hand, she whispered, "I'll see you on the other side my love…".

-exit via death-

"Talk" "You" Think

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-24-2021, 01:01 PM
Valdis

You have died of dysentery.

You gain:
  • Ethereal Somnium Pass (player-bound)- One time use. Allows a Somnium character to return to thread freely for 1 in-character season (2 months) after event is concluded. Restricted to only threads where you have permission to enter, no trespassing, pass will be revoked if abused. Post in Maintenance when ready to use this pass.
  • Creepy Contact Lenses (player-bound) - The fireflies help you to equip this item that once applied cannot be removed or traded. Can look however you like. May not change color, rotate, or otherwise alter once in the eye.

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

11-27-2021, 04:30 PM

Ásvor was at peace. A deep calm had settled over her and enveloped her like a warm blanket, the comfort only intensifying as she curled tightly against her wife. The end was near now, just around the corner - though she'd never feared death suddenly she was ready for it. The sickness was too much for her to bear, and feeling Valdis slipping away from her made it impossible to hold on any longer. Perhaps she could fight to stay alive for a few more days, even months, but for what? Her life had been lived fully. She had no regrets and there was nothing left undone.  "Until we meet again," she breathed quietly against Valdis. She felt the life slip away from Valdis then, her breathing growing ragged and slow. How long she lay there she wasn't sure - it couldn't been minutes or hours - but she lay curled tightly around Valdis until she too took her final breath. With Valdis gone there was nothing left to fight for, and the knowledge that soon they'd be together in the afterlife was enough to allow her to cross seamlessly to the other side, without sign of a struggle.

- exit via death -

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-27-2021, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2021, 06:31 PM by NPC. Edited 3 times in total.)
Asvor

Mission Failed.

You gain:
  • Permanent Somnium Pass (player-bound)- One time use. Allows a Somnium character to return to site permanently. Restricted to only threads where you have permission to enter, no trespassing, pass will be revoked if abused. Post in Maintenance when ready to use this pass.
  • Coat Hanger (player-bound)- It’s just an everyday coat hanger, but you are a wolf, and you do not know that.