size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

Pride - PansexualTeacherSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble MasterWordy
12-16-2021, 01:48 PM

Halo had been spending her days settling in, making her den more comfortable, and beginning to plant her garden. It had become a bit of an obsession, making sure that her plants were thriving. Still, that's not necessarily a bad thing. It had given her a chance to truly throw herself into something, and it made her genuinely happy. Happy, imagine. She was pleased with it, and had learned the tall grass plains relatively well. Though the grasses were high over her head, Halo had learned to use the obelisk and the sun to navigate.

The tenderhearted girl considered that she should make her way out and find some more advanced supplies-- things she couldn't grow herself. The bark of a stately white willow tree was chief among them, and she could prepare a poultice for pain relief. With keen eyes, she ventured just out of the packlands. Ever on her guard and watchful, especially after the incident on her first day here, Halo padded across the ground with soft steps. Around her, the weeping willows created cool shade from the mid day sun. Carefully, the healer inspected for white leaf undersides, at which point she'd be able to find her prize.
[Image: m4UQRpx.png]
[Image: nvtQgrf.gif]

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Derby Winner1KPride - BisexualDouble MasterAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Wordy
12-16-2021, 02:05 PM

[Image: daqb2ha-264d41d0-8bab-4611-883a-0e44d490...uxghdWN4CY]

While Auster was abundant with greenery, it didn't have everything she needed. She still would have to venture north up into Boreas to find specific plants to cultivate for her healing. Still growing accustomed to only having one working eye, she used her other good one to glance around her surroundings. It hadn't taken long for her to travel up into the southern end of Boreas, but this area still appeared new to her. Coming around a bend, her eye took in the sight of large willows with sweeping boughs. Water trickled in small channels as songbirds sang their sweet tunes.

Surely she could find some good herbs here. Sniffing at different barks and plants, Audra had succumbed to her search when the scent of someone else caught her attention. Pausing, her head lifted to spot a wolf about her size with pale purple eyes who was also inspecting different leaves and plants. Curious, she smiled gently to herself before approaching. "A-are you a-also searching f-for willow bark?" She calls out in her stuttering tone. It wasn't something that she could help with. The nervousness of meeting someone new always sent her into a stutter.

audra's companions are to be assumed next to her unless stated otherwise

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

12-16-2021, 02:32 PM

Her steps across the ground were confident, though they lacked practice. The ground here was spongy and gave way beneath her paws. Carefully, she'd inspect each of the trees in turn. White... white undersides to the leaves. So many weeping willows, springing up all around her. White willows? Those were less common. Halo was intent on it though, and her gaze was sharp. She couldn't let it wrap her up too much though... there could be another infected predator lurking. That was enough to make her a bit uncomfortable. She worried was all. Anxiety was a friend of Halo's.

From somewhere not so far away, she can hear someone else out here. They didn't have the same heavy step as many of the wolves she'd met in her new home. It was hard to tell through the rustle of wind in the willows, and the twittering of songbirds. Still, it didn't seem that there was a threat.

It wasn't long before she heard the call, a voice as soft as her own. Turning, she could see the stranger. A wave of relief crashed over the tenderhearted-- a girl that was built like her. Around her height, around her structure. Honestly, she was grateful. Are you also searching for willow bark? The question came, and Halo returned the soft smile. "I am," her tail wagged at her haunches. "I haven't had any luck yet though, have you?" The question was soft, her voice a gentle bell tone where it hung in the air between them. Company sounded excellent to the lonely, tenderhearted girl.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

12-16-2021, 03:33 PM

Audra was more than glad that the other girl didn't respond in an aggressive way. Instead, her own smile was given a soft smile as well. Her tail wagged happily as she shook her head lightly. "N-no, not for the right k-kind of w-willow," Audra frowns now as a sigh leaves her lips. "This f-forest is large, b-but if you'd l-like, we can look together," her head tilts gently to the side as she questions whether the girl would be okay with her joining or not.

"I'm Audra, b-by the way. I-I haven't explored these p-parts much, but I'm sure we can f-find something," her tone is warm and almost tinkling like a bell as her tail continues to wag. Glancing away from the white-coated girl, her one honey-gold eye continues to survey the area. Having not spent a lot of time finding white willow bark, she wasn't sure where exactly they could find some of good quality.

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

12-16-2021, 03:56 PM

Halo doesn’t know aggression. Honestly, she didn’t think she was capable of striking out first. If she was threatened, well, the girl would try her best. Sirius said he’d teach her how to defend herself, and for that, she was grateful. Still, Halo had a long way to go.

The girl shook her head, confirming what Halo suspected. It was hard finding the right willows out here. White willow was reclusive, and it would take some doing to find their prize. “That sounds wonderful,” Halo’s voice was quiet, but her eyes glimmered in the low light. Judging by the brilliant scent of the herbs in her satchel, this stranger was a healer too.

Audra her name came, and the tenderhearted girl did her best to tuck it away in her memory. So many new names, so many new faces, though she didn’t seem to have a hard time keeping track of them all. Not yet, at least. “It’s nice to meet you, I’m Halo.” The introduction was soft. “I haven’t explored much here either, I’ve really just been visiting with the trees,” her tone pleasant, Halo moved to continue her wander through the woods. Still, she wouldn’t really start until Audra was ready to accompany her.

“Are you from around here?” Though she was utterly useless at small talk, Halo was curious. Not needing to make eye contact certainly helped, able to train her gaze on the trees instead. Where was the white willow? That, and maybe she could learn about more of the lands from the golden eyed girl by her side.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

12-16-2021, 04:46 PM

"Halo is a p-pretty name," Audra comments as she moves her body to follow the pale girl. Their steps are muffled against the carpeted grass beneath them. The quiet trickle of water fills her ears as she wanders with Halo. Having company was better than being alone. Inspecting her own patches of leaves, Audra was more than ready to start investigating for the illusive white willow. "O-one would think i-it be easier to f-find in a f-forest of willows," she comments quietly, mostly to herself but loud enough for the other girl to hear.

Audra's interest is piqued as her nose turns over a leaf to inspect it. "H-here? No, I s-suppose not o-originally. C-currently, I reside at H-Hallows d-down south in Auster," her tone, while still stuttering, is easy enough because it is true. Her origin story was sad and not one she cared to share too often. Turning over a few more leaves, Audra tsks under her breath. "H-how about you? D-do you h-have a pack?" She asks, genuinely interested. Unlike some wolves, Audra was more than welcome to have friends from all over. If she was in good regards with the other packs, she would be able to search for plants wherever.

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

12-16-2021, 05:16 PM

"Thank you," Halo felt... what was the word? Shy, maybe. Shy beside the girl, shy from the compliment. Still, there was a bit of pride to her as she carried herself across the soft, mossy ground. Her gaze was careful, inspecting each tree. Audra's comment brings a soft giggle to Halo, and a smile that reaches to her eyes. It's easier to feel comfortable when your companion isn't nearly twice your size, probably. Really, it's the most normal she's felt since arriving. Though the newness was exciting, almost exciting enough to break down some of the grey filter that had taken over her mind lately, it was also... a lot. Still, the normalcy here was nice.

Hallows, down south in Auster, at this, Halo allowed herself to relax even further. She recalled what was written about the pack, how they were close allies. Audra was a safe companion, and Halo was well and truly in no danger here. It was a good feeling, honestly. "I just joined the Armada a few days ago... I just got here a few days ago really," she smiled softly. Halo wasn't far from home, really just a stone's throw away. Really, she was probably lucky that she'd been invited into a pack near such lush lands. The area was resource rich and comfortable. "I haven't been to Auster yet," she admitted, "are there any interesting plants there?" It was a vague question, but Halo wasn't the most comfortable conversationalist.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

12-16-2021, 07:34 PM

As her eye searches the ground and brush for that one certain leaf they wanted, her ear tunes in to listen to Halo's words. At the mention of Armada, she pauses with a smile. Looking over to the girl, she nods. "Ah, the Armada are a g-good pack," Audra comments, "if y-you get a ch-chance to meet Hanako, s-she's really n-nice and l-likes to race," her tone is pleasant as memories come back of that day. Racing beside the pretty koi painted wolf had been a good day indeed. As they continued to walk through the lush grasses and over muddy areas, she is reminded of how she used to be like Halo.

Once upon a time ago, she had been a newcomer to this land as well. Lost and alone, waiting to be taken in by someone. "I-I'm glad y-you found a good p-pack quickly," her voice is quiet and doesn't delve further on the topic. Focusing back on the task at hand, her nose sniffles against some leaves. Pausing, her head lifts for a moment to glance at Halo. "I think I f-found something," she chirps with a smile and a slight wag of her tail. Reaching a paw out to gently turn the leaf over, her smile grew at the sight of the telltale sign of a white-leafed underside.

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

12-16-2021, 08:05 PM

As they search together, Halo finds herself more at ease. The grey haze was a constant companion, but she's glad to not be so lonely. As they moved together, she listens to Audra's quiet words. She speaks of Hanako, who Halo had yet to meet, though she'd encountered one of her children already. A soft smile played on Halo's face as they continued. "Do you like to race?" It was a soft sort of question. In honesty, Halo wasn't built for it. She wasn't particularly fast, and in the summer months she overheated easily. Still, it was cool enough in spring, and if Audra liked racing then maybe they could do that too.

Her words were sweet, and Halo's tail wagged softly once more. "I got lucky, and really I'm not sure how." It was a quiet admission. Sirius needed healers in his ranks, and he'd offered Halo a home without a second thought. She wasn't sure how she'd ever repay him, and she certainly wasn't about to let him down. As the darker girl paused, Halo moved to her side excitedly. The underside of the leaf-- white! Halo couldn't hold back a soft, excited woof. "Woah," her eyes widened, looking from Audra to the tree and back. "You found one," the words were breathed, Halo taking a step back to mark the location of the tree in her mind. Though they had to be careful not to overharvest, it was an important resource to be able to return to.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

12-16-2021, 08:24 PM

Keeping cool beneath the willows was more than comforting considering the intensity of the sun as of late. It was as if it had missed the land after hiding in the shadows of the plague. A plague that she never wanted to have happened again. Her dreams of the cloaked figure still haunted her mind and made it hard to sleep. Thankfully, Lavender was abundant around these parts and the grounds and could help her fall asleep.

Audra smiled again as Halo asked if she liked to race. "Oh y-yes, I may be s-small, but racing is so m-much fun," she replies with another nod of her head. Humming quietly to herself, beamed down at the white-colored leaf in her paw. Looking up at Halo as she let out a small woof, she responded with her own soft chirp. "Isn't t-that amazing?" Audra whispered now as she turned the leaf back over. "Let's n-not forget t-this spot," she murmured as she pulled open her pouch to grab a few red berries.

Smooshing them against the bark nearby, she left a good-sized smear that wouldn't fade too fast. "D-do you think th-there's enough for u-us to take a few leaves?" Audra asked, also knowing they surely couldn't take everything they found. If they ever wanted to return to this spot for more, they had to leave some to grow.

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

12-16-2021, 11:11 PM

The Warlord had spoken of the lasting mental impacts of the plague, and Halo thought too of the lavender that she would likely need to prescribe. It would likely be important to plant some in her plot as well, in addition to cannabis and other anti anxiety aids. The trauma of something like this would be lasting, both on the land and the people that lived here. She had arrived only on the tail end of the strangeness, and she felt guilty being too late to really help. Could she have made a difference had she come just days sooner? There was no way of knowing, and maybe she'd realize feeling this guilt was silly, but... well, for now it didn't help her much.

The pair was pleased with the find, both showing their excitement. Healers really did get excited about the little things. Audra asked of the leaves, and Halo considered for a moment, turning her keen eyes to the tree itself. "I think so... I was taught that the bark is useful too, but for a tree this size I think we might be better to just take the branches and sticks that are on the ground," her words were soft, gaze careful. The tree was still young, and Halo didn't want to risk doing harm to it. With an excited pounce, she found a downed branch, dragging it over to where she and Audra stood. "I think we can break off the smaller sections, the ones that will fit in your bag, for you to bring back. I'll bring the bare big branch back home, because I have less far to go." Halo thought that sounded fair, at least in her mind. "Is that okay?" She'd gotten ahead of herself, maybe a bit too excited about the find. Sharing was, after all, caring.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

12-16-2021, 11:23 PM

Audra listened to Halo with a curt nod. Indeed the girl was right. Taking some of the bark would do just fine as well. When she was about to suggest stripping some of the bark off of the trunk itself, Halo suggested grabbing branches instead. Oh, why hadn't she thought of that? Smiling, a light giggle left her lips as she watched Halo pounce over to a larger branch. As the pale girl drug it back over to where she stood, she was glad that Halo was also thoughtful and generous. "That sounds like a good deal to me!" Audra exclaimed with a happy wag of her tail. Reaching out toward the branch that she'd drug over, Audra began helping strip some of the smaller branches off into pieces that she could fit into her bag. Initially, the taste of the bark made her nose wrinkle, but it was necessary for them to collect this. "If you need help dragging this branch back to Armada, I would be more than happy to help," she comments between stripping pieces.

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

12-16-2021, 11:35 PM

The bark tasted strange, rather astringent in quality. Halo wasn't sure she was the biggest fan of that, but she knew that it was absolutely worth it in the end. She helped Audra make quick work of the twigs along the branch, breaking them down and setting them next to the brown girl's paws. Honestly, teamwork was the way to go, and Halo wasn't sure if she could have managed to get the full branch (sticks and all) back to the Armada on her own. She was pleased that Audra found the deal agreeable as well. She'd met an allied healer, and they'd been able to find success together-- there was pride in that.

"I would be grateful for your help getting it to the border, and then I think I can do it from there," Halo smiled softly at the woman, pulling the last of the smaller sticks from the branch. She was concerned about getting stuck on trees, roots, branches, and other what-have-yous within the land that came just before the tall grass plains. Once she was out of the (literal) woods, Halo was confident that she had this under control. "Thank you," her gaze lifted to the woman, a smile on her pale lips. It really had been a good morning.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

12-21-2021, 10:47 AM

During their work of stripping the branch of stems and bark, Audra nodded. The polite and friendly smile on her lips was all that anyone needed to know she would be more than happy to help. "O-of course, anything I-I can do to-to help," she said quietly as they finished up their job. Looking down at the rather large branch, she thought for a moment the best way they could carry it. "Why don't I c-carry one end and y-you carry the other?" Audra offered with a light tilt of her head. From what she knew during her travels, Armada borders really weren't that far from here so it would be a quick walk if they worked together.

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

12-22-2021, 10:00 AM

They worked together quickly and easily-- such was the way with healers. Halo recognized some of her own meek nature in her companion, and really? She was thankful. The wolves of the Armada had been kind to her, but they all seemed to be so compulsively bold. There was such noise about the place all the time, and it could be so overwhelming. Though she was learning to enjoy it, sometimes things were still too much. Having Audra's quiet company was a welcome respite from the racket. Softly, Halo's tail wagged as she offered help. They'd have an easier time as two than she would as one.

"That sounds like a good plan, thank you," she smiled. Carefully, Halo made her way to one end of the branch. It lifted easily, as it had when she dragged it over. No, it wasn't heavy, just awkward. "Ready when you are," her tail wagged loosely behind her, voice a bit muffled around her branch. They'd be able to handle this together.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

01-02-2022, 09:56 PM

Audra smiled around the branch as she picked it up between her jaw. Giving a quick nod in Halo's direction, she made sure to walk at a careful pace so that they could easily move together. Getting used to the awkwardness of the large branch took a few moments, but with the help of Halo, they would be able to manage. Humming quietly under her breath, she got used to the silence between them. Admiring the scenery around them, it would not take long for them to reach Armada borders. Upon scenting the pack's scent, she paused before they crossed. Having never met the Alpha of Armada, she wouldn't take her chances. Gently placing the branch on the ground, she glanced over to Halo. >"Th-thank you for helping. Today was f-fun," she said with another smile. >"We w-will have to do it again s-sometime," Audra said before turning away to walk back toward Auster.

-exit-

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

01-02-2022, 10:35 PM

Comfort and togetherness-- Halo could get used to this. Something about living life as she was now had the pale girl... comfortable. Back home, comfort only meant it was time to get moving again. She was still settling in, but life here was so new. So different. There were so many thoughts in her head, but at least she had company moving the branch. Still, quiet company was the best kind of company. Halo could be lost in her thoughts, and still not alone. Safety in numbers, safety in her own mind. Safety here. That felt good.

They made it to the border, and Halo turned to regard Audra once more. "Thank you, too. It really was fun," her words were quiet, tail wagging softly at her haunches. "I would like that." And really, Halo would. It would be nice to have someone around her size to relate to, as well. Maybe it was a small, silly thing, but Halo really did live among giants. "Travel safe," the words came quickly, quietly as Audra turned to return to Auster, and her home in the Hallows. Halo would watch from the borders of the Armada packlands until her new friend faded from view, making sure she got off on the right foot, and making sure she departed safely. Yes, that sounded good.