An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Lesbian
1KDouble Master
12-30-2021, 07:40 PM

Gossamer stared at the dead coyote, a deep frown set into her face. It had been injured and she had tried to save it. Not out of any love for coyotes. She'd have killed it one way or another when she was done but she was certain she had proceeded in the correct treatment only to lose the patient. Ásta had looked the situation and soon found where the mistake had been made. It was so frustrating! She'd been dealing with her failures in battle and now this.

Ásta reached out a paw and patted her gently on the back. "If I've said it once, Gossamer, I've said it a million times. You don't learn anything new by being right. Take what you've learned here and apply it to future patients."

Lukina

Insomnia
Necromancer

Master Fighter (260)

Master Healer (270)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooze ImmuneThe Ooze ParticipantExplorerVengeanceMammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
Pride - Asexual
12-30-2021, 07:41 PM

Lukina spent her days stocking up on her herbal stores. She'd gone through many of her herbs over the long, dark winter and it was time to restock. She'd scoured the mangroves and springs for herbs and was now heading a short ways westward to see what the woods had to offer. She hadn't gone far when she caught the scent of blood and coyote. Her initial instinct was to steer clear. Even though she was a large yearling now, rather than a smaller more vulnerable pup, it wasn't in her nature to go seeking trouble. However, she could hear the muffled sound of voices and her curiosity got the better of her. She crept forward, glad she'd applied a liberal coating of mud, clay and moss to her fur as she often did to fit in with her swamp wolf brethren.

Gossamer

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (270)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Lesbian
1KDouble Master
12-30-2021, 07:41 PM

Gossamer tried to take in Ásta's words but her emotions were still running high. She sighed heavily. "I'm just so disappointed in myself. I should be able to do this without causing such fatal mistakes. If I'm not good at healing or fighting then what am I good for?" She still had a dream of being a lieutenant for the Armada. As such her focus was more on fighting than healing and it really should be what she was focusing on but after several embarrassing defeats she'd taken solace in the fact that healing was one of the few things she seemed to be doing really well even if she wasn't going to pursue it as her main focus.

Ásta sighed. "Negative emotions suck, but they can teach you a lot. Disappointment shows you that you tried for something. That you're not apathetic about it, you care."