size
Medium
build
Light
player
Glacier

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
12-05-2021, 06:36 PM

Kitsune knew that she was young, and was weary about introducing every aspect of what Iho meant to her, to her parents. She had no intention of pursuing the romantic side of their relationship until she was older. But she knew, in her heart of hearts, that the only one she would want was Iho. In the meantime, they were best friends, Vessel and Princess. It helped that she already knew what she wanted in life. She wanted to challenge for Chunin, so she could explore the world while still serving the interests of her family. She wanted to travel with Iho at her side. Before she could do any of that however - Iho was right. He needed to meet her mother.

With no small amount of trepidation in her heart, Kitsune led him back to Ashen and to the borders of her home. She had him sat on the rogue side of the borders, and lifted her head, calling for her mother. She just hoped The Empress wasn’t too busy at the moment, and was starting to feel better.

"Kitsune"

Kumiho

Loner

Advanced Fighter (60)

Advanced Navigator (80)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Pride - DemisexualThe Ooze ParticipantWordy
12-05-2021, 07:43 PM
Kumiho had never been brought home to meet anyone's parents before. Sure, he'd traversed swelling seas and dangerous terrains, encountered friendly and hostile groups of wolves, but nothing was quite as intimidating as going to meet the Empress of Ashen—Kitsune's mother. This would also be Iho's first time considering living amongst a larger group of wolves since he'd left his home. That notion felt foreign to him, but for Kitsune, he'd step up to any challenge. The two of them had shared the emotional connection they'd felt for one another, though it still felt strange to Iho to consider the yearling as anything more than a close friend and confidant. It made the older wolf a touch more awkward, especially considering he was about to meet her mother. For now, they were best friends, and whatever the sands of time would hold for them would have to come to pass.

With Kitsune at the helm, Kumiho followed her to the borders of Ashen. This was the closest he had ever come to the pack, and his heart beat in his head, reflecting his nervousness. The empire was vast and strong, and he wanted to badly to make a good impression. He sat back on his haunches on the wild lands side of the border. Kit's ringing call for her mother went out across the land, and then the real tension began. Iho took a slow breath to try and steady his nerves, doing his best to sit still and steady and not fidget while they waited for the venerable empress to appear.

"Kumiho"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
12-06-2021, 04:25 PM
The world was ever changing and for that Venom was thankful. The sun finally returned to the world and the curse that held tightly to them dissipated. The Empire was rising from the ashes once more, along with its inhabitants and Venom couldn’t have been happier. When she had been on the verge of losing everything, husband, children, her throne, and the entire Empire itself… The relief was well and truly indescribable.

White gloved paws carried the Empress over the trails around the border of Ashen, she had returned to her regular patrol of the lands, and she was doing just that when she heard her daughter’s voice call to her from up ahead. Meeting her at the border was unprecedented but as she loped towards Kitsune the reason would reveal itself.

Beside her sat a monochrome man, younger than Venom but older than her daughter. He stood at an easy attention, but Venom was struck by the similarity of his horns compared to Kit. Fire and Ice. ”Princess Kitsune,” She greeted softly as she came to a halt before the young wolves. Venom tilted her head but beyond the gesture did not ask Kit’s intentions, she would tell her mother swiftly.
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Kitsune

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Glacier

12-06-2021, 08:54 PM

Kitsune felt nervous as well, wondering what her mother would think of the young man she was bringing before the Empress. Her mothers thoughts on him mattered very much to Kitsune, and she could only hope she approved of him.

She could sense Iho beside her, quiet and still but nervous. She could sense the anxiety in him, though little of it showed. Perhaps she was more attune to him now, after that nightmare night they had shared near the start of the long night.

Then Venom was there, greeting her, and watching quietly to see what the young Princess would have to say. She swallowed, and then bowed her head in greeting to her Lady Mother. “Empress, mother.” she said politely, before a small smile peeking out, and she moved forward to kiss her mothers cheek. “This is my friend, Kumiho. He saved my life.” she took a soft breath, and looked up at her mother imploringly. “And when I challenge for the rank of Chunin, I would like it very much if he could be beside me, looking out for me while I learn how to gather intelligence from other packs.”

"Kitsune"

Kumiho

Loner

Advanced Fighter (60)

Advanced Navigator (80)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Joe

12-22-2021, 01:02 AM
The pair of wolves fortunately was not kept waiting long after Kitsune's call went out for her mother. Soon after, a wolf approached them, exuding so much regality and grace with every stride of her lithe and limber body that Kumiho questioned whether he was seeing a mortal or a deity. For a wolf from a remote fishing pack, it might not have been far from the truth either. The Empress of Ashen approached and greeted her daughter by title and name, then regarded him with a curious tilt of her head. Almost immediately, Iho lowered himself in a deep, respectful bow reminiscent of his homeland far across the many seas. When Kitsune had introduced herself as a princess to him, it had been easy to mentally disregard decorum in light of her childish nature and age. But this wolf, she commanded armies, reigned over kingdoms, ruled worlds vaster than he could imagine! She inspired awe and terror in him all at once.

The arctic nomad remained in his bowed state until Kitsune had introduced him by name, only then did he dare to lift his head and meet the larger fae's rich amethyst gaze. Oh no... was that a mistake? Should he not be looking her in the eye? What if she took it as a challenge?! Oh shit... he'd never been taught how to handle interactions with royalty before! He managed a smile that betrayed his nerves, hoping he came off as more disarming than concerning. "It is an honor to meet you, Your Grace. My name is Kumiho Mayonaka," he said with another more conservative bow of his head. "Though I think your daughter gives me too much credit. I'm just a seafaring traveler way too far from home, no hero. I would have helped anyone who needed it." Doing his best to keep from fidgeting, Iho glanced between Venom and Kitsune, trying to gauge how well he was doing by their expressions. Both mother and daughter were impassive, however, and he was beginning to see where she got her mannerisms from.

"Kumiho"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
12-30-2021, 11:32 AM
Kitsune looked obviously nervous, something Venom didn’t often see in her daughter. This young man must have been quite important to garner such emotions when brought up to her Empress mother. She remained silent as Kit steeled her nerves, greeted her properly in return, and fully explained herself. The boy had saved her life. Venom glanced towards the monochrome warrior as Kit spoke of him. Her expression grateful as she listened to her daughter’s words. More than his acts in saving her, Kitsune wanted him to be at her side when she took on her role as chunin.

Venom’s eyes widened slightly in the revelation as her attention shifted from Kit to Iho. He remained reverent and bowed until the princess quieted, and then his striking gaze lifted to meet hers. He was trying his best, but that moment revealed his humble upbringing and brought a soft grin to the Empress’ features.

”Either way, sir Mayonaka, you have saved the life of a princess. Who seems to be quite grateful for your efforts.” And more than that if Venom looked closer. ”You are indeed a hero.” Venom tilted her features, looking him over once more, revealing more of a judgemental gaze as her sunset gaze returned to Kitsune’s bright eyes. ”He will have to challenge the same as you, but I think we can make a place for him until then.” More than that, he deserved a reward for saving her daughter. ”You would seek to join us, so that you might stand at my daughter’s side?” Likely in more ways than just a protector, but that discussion was for another day.
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Kitsune

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Glacier

01-01-2022, 08:25 PM
She managed to refrain from commenting, but amusement sparked in her eyes when Iho called himself ‘not a hero’ she knew the truth. It seems her mother agreed with her! As she pointed out to Iho that he had saved the life of a Princess.

Kitsune straightened visibly at her mothers words. She knew they would both have to challenge for the rank, she just wanted them both to have the opportunity to do so. Her tail began to wiggle beneath her, and she leapt forward. Overtaken with emotion. She kissed her mothers tall chin, and grinned at the woman. She should have known. Her mother Empress had stood up for her when her Auntie had requested she and Take be given severe punishment, and she stood for her daughter now as she made this Very Important request. She was Empress, but she was also Venom, her beloved mother. She didn’t say anything however, as Venom’s question was directed at Iho, and Kit turned her attention to him as well.

"Kitsune"

Kumiho

Loner

Advanced Fighter (60)

Advanced Navigator (80)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Joe

02-20-2022, 07:28 PM
Despite his humbleness and hesitation to accept the mantle of "hero", it seemed the Empress had no qualms of bestowing it upon him herself as well. Kumiho blinked in surprise while Venom explained that since he had saved the life of a princess of the empire, he was indeed a hero. Dark ears folded back to his head bashfully, and though he dipped his head in appreciation for her kind words, the sheepish smile on his face betrayed his enjoyment for the praise. Iho was not a proud wolf. Being commended for just doing the right thing by someone as important as Kitsune's monarch mother was the greatest accolade he had ever achieved. Boy, if only his parents could see him right now, a simple traveler from a fishing pack being praised by an empress!

When Iho looked up again, he saw the tilt to Venom's head as she studied him, appraising him with those keen sunset purple eyes. The young wolf made doubly sure he was sitting up straight, looking presentable, and his fur wasn't an outright mess or ruffled out of place. Shit, did his hair look okay? He must have passed her inspection though, as Venom turned her attention to Kitsune again and informed her that he would need to challenge for the rank she desired, same as her, but that they would make a place for him in the meantime. Iho's arctic eyes illuminated with awe as realization dawned on him. He was being offered a spot among the Ashen Empire! Venom asked if he would join them, and Iho all but fumbled over his words when he spoke. "Y-Yes, yes I would, Your Highness! Er, I mean, Your Grace. Your... Majesty?" He could feel his cheeks flushing hot with embarrassment. What was the proper way to address an Empress? "It would be the greatest honor of my life!"

Kumiho bowed his head in reverence, not sure when or if there was such a thing as giving too much respect. All he remembered was his parents telling him to always bow to any highborn wolf above him, so that's what he fell back on. His meager education of court decorum and mannerisms, praying he didn't make a damn fool of himself while trying to minimize the smile threatening to break out across his face.

"Kumiho"