Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Derby Winner1KPride - BisexualDouble MasterAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Wordy
02-10-2022, 07:53 AM

This time around, Audra had made her way a bit too far south. Farther south than she had planned on going. Lost in thought and amazed by the different scenery that came and went, her paws continued to carry her through Auster. There had to be another coastline somewhere, right? Moving south through the dense forests that eventually changed in species, her eye squinted in confusion when they changed into long, round stalks with no branches.

Standing at the front of the massive bamboo maze, a familiar scent wafted into her nose. Hattori, perhaps? Yet, wasn't he Shogun of Ashen up north in Boreas? Why would he be all the way down here in Auster? Looking from side to side, her eye caught the sight of an opening in the bamboo. Shifting her weight, she took a few steps toward it before thinking it was better to not enter. While she was small and could possibly fit through the opening, the scent of wolves held her at bay.

Turning her chin up to the sky to stare at the massive wall of bamboo, the petite girl is amazed. Maybe a bit intimidated as well but amazed nonetheless. It appeared as if someone had grown and cultivated this piece of land to be in a specific pattern. Letting out a light rush of air, she takes another step back to take in the sight. Whether anyone would come to chase her off was not on her mind, no. She wanted to know more about the bamboo and if she could possibly take a piece home.

A  U  D  R  A

audra's companions are to be assumed next to her unless stated otherwise

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
02-10-2022, 12:26 PM
Weaving his way through the maze, Hattori had just about finished his patrol till a familiar scent wafted to his nose. Audra. What was she doing here? He knew well enough that she'd settled in the Hallows and it was not too much of a stretch for her to travel from there to here, but how did she know? After all it  wasn't as though the Kaicho had advertised the clan's whereabouts, or even diplomatically reached out just yet, if he ever would. Intent on finding out, Hattori shouldered his way through the thinner trees, young shoots and stalks that hadn't grown strong and thick just yet and made his way to the clan's threshold.

Audra was just about standing on no man's land, a curious gleam in her eyes as though she'd contemplated stepping over. Even if only for a second or two.  He didn't think she would but he found it prudent to intercept her all the same, even if only to figure out what she wanted. Why she was here.

"Audra." He greeted, close to as friendly as he could manage.

[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

02-10-2022, 02:57 PM

Some might perceive Hattori's presence as intimidating. Compared to Audra, he was quite a large wolf, practically doubling her in size. Yet, even as he emerged from the bamboo, her eyes did not stray from the tall stalks extending skyward. "Afternoon Hattori," she greeted with a nod of her muzzle in his direction. They had met several times before and while Hattori would consider them nothing more than two wolves who knew of each other, Audra did not mind being around him. His quiet and stern persona was almost comforting in a sense.

Taking a few more steps back out of curiosity, she hummed under her breath. "How tall do you think these are?" Her question was posed into the air and she didn't expect Hattori to respond. "You walk through it as if it bends to your will," Audra comments as she finally lowers her muzzle to assess the prior Shogun. No, he still had an alpha air about him, but these other wolf scents she noticed did not smell that of Ashen. Quirking a brow in the silent question of what had happened to him, she asks a different one instead. She knew the man didn't care for prodding ears. "Can I touch it? I've never seen such a plant before." The petite wolf stays still a moment before stepping forward to reach out and lightly press her nose to one of the bamboo poles.

It is hard to the touch but smooth and very bright green. Blinking a few times, she steps back with another hum under her breath. "It appears pretty stable. I could see why one might want to live here," her shoulders shrug as she looks back over to Hattori. Was she being stupid? Possibly. Would he agree? Definitely.

A  U  D  R  A

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
02-13-2022, 10:17 AM
Hattori followed Audra's line of sight as she eyed the towering bamboo, it swayed gently, leaves forever rustling. He supposed as an outsider who'd never set paw upon Nihon's shores this place seemed strange, otherworldly as though the trees themselves had a mind and will of their own. Knew things many did not, could not. But the Tojo clan sought sanctuary and secrecy within the shadows, there was no better place for them than here. A home away from home.

Curiosity shone in Audra's golden eye as questions danced on her strange, glowing tongue. Hattori's brows furrowed slightly, she wanted to touch the bamboo? It was a strange request, one he would have never thought to ask if he were in Audra's shoes, but harmless nonetheless. There were plenty of battles and fronts to be fought, but the Kaicho was not so stuck up or possessive that he felt the need to police this matter.

"If you wish." Which was a roundabout, slightly politer way of saying: I don't care if you do. "Did you come from the Hallows?" Hattori wasn't sure why she'd made her way out here, other than to just sniff around and touch some wood. Seemed like a wasted journey to him.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

02-14-2022, 09:22 AM

Audra took a moment to ponder Hattori's question. Did he know Artorias personally? Would it not be obvious that she had come from the Hallows? Surely, no other Alpha in the surrounding area had any real idea that the previous Shogun now resided in the southernmost tip of Auster. Peering at him in an inquisitive manner, her head nods slightly before turning back toward the bamboo. "I have, yes," she states before reaching up a paw to tap on the green stalks. A quiet but hallow echo resounds in the middle of the stalk and her head tilts. Hallow trees with no branches, interesting.

"We were raided recently by Sparrow's pirates. Really, it wasn't a raid. More so the Hallows getting spooked and then beating the pirates up for all their worth," her shoulders shrug. Would it be useful information? She didn't really think so, but maybe. "I have my opinions about the Hallows, but they welcomed me with open arms into their family. Avantika, one of their fighters, I love her, I do, but I have yet to see all of the land. Before we settle down, I am traveling around to see all that there is to see," her words are quiet but deliberate as she gives the bamboo a few more knocks.

"I suppose I can give you more information about them. I would like to take some of this strange tree home though in return," her eyes turn now to Hattori to see how he would assess this. She wouldn't share her piece with anyone. In her mind, she had the perfect place in her room for it to sit. Use it as a holder for flowers or something. The towering wall of bamboo standing before her was interesting and if it had not been for Hattori, she would have wandered in.

A  U  D  R  A

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

02-17-2022, 12:36 PM
It was an obvious question that was paired with an equally obvious response. But it was clear to see this wasn't anything official,  no prepared statements had been put together to be dropped off at the border. For better or for worse, it was simply Audra sating her own sense of curiosity and thinking on her paws in the here and now. Hattori watched as she tapped at the wood, marvelling at its hollowness, its ability to be sturdy nonetheless. To snap bamboo was far easier said than done, cutting it took practice, precision and the right tools, otherwise you'd get a face full of splinters.

To know the Pirates had taken to raiding did not come as a surprise to the Kaicho, it was expected really. But knowing the Hallows had overrated was certainly a thing of note, in Hattori's eyes. Would Sparrow come here in time? Definitely, it was not a matter of if,  but when.

"What opinions?" She should have expected such a question, dangling the unknown in front of Hattori was bound to earn a little prying.

At her offer, Hattori pursed the dark of his lips for a moment. Whether this was an offer Audra had any right to extend was debatable, it all depended on how much Artorias liked to micromanage he supposed, but Hattori saw no reason to deny her trader. Giving away one piece of wood was no loss to him, when there was too much to count in its stead.

"Go on then." He raised a paw to gesture loosely, accepting her offer.