An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
Pride - Pansexual1KDouble Master
01-30-2022, 11:41 AM

Áskell headed somberly toward the mangrove, mind spinning with what he had to do. He had agreed to join the Ronin band and learned that they were to head far south into Auster. He'd be moving to a new continent essentially and he didn't know what that would mean for his relationship with Bog. He'd be so far away and visits would be even more limited than they had been. Áskell thought of inviting Bog to join the Ronin band, but he knew the other wolf had family in the east and he could understand Bog not wanting to leave the swamp wolves. Áskell also knew there was a chance that their relationship might just end and he certainly wouldn't hold it against Bog. In truth Áskell wasn't sure of his own ability to maintain a long distance relationship.

He arrived at the mangrove and tipped back his head to howl for his boyfriend.

Bog

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 11K
02-04-2022, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2022, 03:12 PM by Bog. Edited 1 time in total.)
TABLE & CODE © SKELLE 2021

"Speech!"

From the very outskirts of the mangrove came a familiar voice, calling for him. There was some strange undercurrent to the sonorous tones, but he couldn't quite parse what they meant. Picking himself up from the leaf litter at the mouth of his den, the swamp dweller murmured a soft few words to Hoarfrost. He would be back soon enough, but it was wise to let his den-mate know where he was off to. Soon enough he figured the young fae would be headed off to make her own den in the mangrove, but for now he was enjoying living comfortably with a friend-slash-apprentice of sorts. The ground along the banks was surprisingly muddy for the season, and his oversized paws squelched through the muck as he ambled towards where Áskell had called from. There was mud and debris clumped into his fur almost all the way up to his shins by the time his boyfriend had made it into his sightline.

Even from a distance, the pensive furrow to the dark furred male's brow was obvious. His gait slowed to something more hesitant, and moss hued ears half-pinned tentatively against his head. "Are ya alright, mm fanshaykane ser? Ya look like y'ate somethin' that didn't agree with ya." the emerald marked wolf aimed for a bit of humour, hoping to see a little smile creep through on Áskell's face. Perhaps he was just worried about the state he might find Bog in, since they hadn't seen much of each other since the sun had finally risen again and cleansed the land of the eerie plague.

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Master Intellectual (240)

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
02-05-2022, 08:21 PM

Áskell tried to focus on his breathing, using techniques taught to him by Ari. Long steady inhales and even longer exhales, doing what he could to control his breathe when he couldn't stop his heart and mind from racing. He wanted to get this over with and at the same time didn't want it to happen at all. All too soon Bog arrived and seemed to pick up immediately that this wasn't the usual joyful visit. "Hey Bog. I'm afraid I have some… well it's good news for me, but its bad news for us. I'm joining a pack started by members of my mother's clan. We're moving south into Auster, far south." He took a deep breath. "I… I mean you'd be welcome to join, I'd vouch for you but I know you have a life here. So I just… I don't know what to do. Can we keep this going while so far apart or…" His voice trailed off as he looked to Bog.

Bog

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player

02-13-2022, 01:59 AM

There was no wasting of time, from that first question Áskell let out a soft breath and launched into what could only amount to a month's worth of bottled up inner turmoil. Sparsely furred auds shoved forth as the petite swamp dweller plodded the last few steps to close the distance between himself and the larger male. Moving away? A soft whine passed inky lips as Áskell emphasized just how great the distance between them would become soon enough, punctuated by an audible inhale. Best not to interject, this was obviously important. Let him get all of it out, and then respond. No impulsive words, Bog. The offer to join the group moving south was tempting, but only for the split second that followed his verdant gaze lifting to watch the anxiety play across Áskell's face. No, he wouldn't leave his family. Nor would he leave his home in the swamps, at least not now. Finally, the big question. What would become of them? Their relationship, still new and fleeting and full of emotion.

Bog dropped his rump unceremoniously to the ground, heedless of the sucking mud that immediately wormed its way into his coat. Emerald eyes drifted to his paws, to Áskell's, not ready to meet those mismatched eyes. What a strange twist, after the events of the long night. "I... I can't leave th' family. I'm sorry." he admitted quietly, finally lifting his gaze to his boyfriend's. All of the usual mirth and vigour that sparkled in his eyes was absent, instead full of the solemn resignation that came from growing up fast. "I'd be glad t' come and visit ya, drop by once a season'r so. Spend a handful'a days distracting ya from yer duties, of course." the mud caked wolf added with a weak smile, auds half pinned towards his skull.

The meagre nub of his tail wriggled in the mud, an outlet for nerves that he could hardly recognize. Impulse bade him move, and so he did. Leaning forward, he sought to press his features into the thick, soft fur of Áskell's neck and lean against him. Shoulder to shoulder, just soaking up his presence. "To tell ya the truth, I didn't think this'd be what we talked 'bout the first time we saw each other again after the sun came back." he quipped softly, not quite able to put his whole heart into the joke.

”Speech” ‘Thought’

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-26-2022, 04:58 PM

Áskell's stomach squirmed. He felt terrible, he knew he was causing Bog pain and the whine that met his ears made him want to puke. He had to look away, his sight fixing on his paws in shame but he didn't know what else to do. He had been given a second chance at having a family. After so much death and tragedy he couldn't just turn down the chance to know more about his mother and her culture. The fact that she might have wanted him and his brother after all. The chance that she might even still be alive…

"I... I can't leave th' family. I'm sorry."

Áskell looked up and nodded, smiling weakly. "It's ok, I understand. Really, I do." He was moving for family, he wouldn't ask Bog to leave his own to join Áskell unless it was something he really wished to do.

Bog moved forward and Áskell closed his eyes, welcoming the familiar form and the reassurance of Bog's touch. He barked a soft laugh as Bog spoke. "I… I'd like that. If you're game. And I, I'll try and visit when I can to." At the mention of the sun Áskell sighed. "Yea… Why is my timing always such shit?"

Áskell nuzzled Bog's shoulder for a moment before seeking to meet his eyes. "What would you most want to do today? With the time that we have right now?"

Bog

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player

03-05-2022, 01:55 AM

Seeing how crestfallen Áskell's expression became, despite the reassurances to the contrary, really did break his heart. Even the harsh, rueful laugh that the other wolf mustered up wasn't quite enough to cheer him up. However, there was certainly some hope that they'd be able to make this work. Visiting from time to time, stealing away for a day or two- and probably making whoever the alpha was just a little bit cranky. It wasn't usually high on his priority list to incur the wrath of some kind of big bad alpha, but for his boyfriend he'd probably make an exception. Probably. It really depended on exactly how big this new alpha happened to be. He felt Áskell's sigh more than he heard it, the gentle swell of his chest pressing against his collarbone where the two touched.

The question that tumbled softly from his boyfriend's maw was rhetorical, but that did little to stop the instinctive half-shrug and soft laugh that managed to bubble up in his throat. "At least yer handsome," he quipped lightly, pulling his features from the soft fur of Áskell's ruff to shoot him a sly grin. The gentle ministrations of a wet nose against the wiry fur of his shoulder pulled a quiet rumble of glee from him, and the swamp dweller's eyes squeezed shut for a moment. He nearly missed Áskell's question, wrapped up in the simple pleasures of being in his company and surrounded by the gentle ambiance of the familiar mangrove. He grunted softly, brain taking a moment to catch up before he spoke up. "Come for a swim with me, deeper into th' mangrove th' little critters that live in th' water stay bright all day. It's real pretty, and the current carries ya well enough that ya don't even have to do anythin'." he offered with a little smile, already ambling towards the warm waters of the mangrove. The gentle, pulsating glow of the dark corners of the mangrove were always enchanting to see, and perhaps... a little romantic?

It seemed like a nice little date with his boyfriend was in order, before he moved a whole continent away. Bog wanted a little bit of magic and romance to tide him over, sue him.

”Speech” ‘Thought’

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

03-14-2022, 07:28 PM

Eager to spend time with Bog before their eventual parting Áskell would've happily hopped in a volcano with his boyfriend if that was what Bog wanted. "Sounds good to me, just promise me we won't get eaten by anything," he joked. He'd had one encounter with an anaconda and another with a crocodile. He had no desire to repeat either experience.

As Bog moved toward the water Áskell was quick to follow. He stepped into the warmer waters, slowly at first then more boldly until the water was up to the middle of his chest. The sun was starting to set, dipping down past the trees as amber beams of light grace the surrounding landscape. Around him Áskell could see a faint bluish glow starting to appear on the moss that stretched out along the limbs of the trees. "Bog? What makes it glow like this?" He could feel his heartbeat starting to pick up despite telling himself that he was safe. Bog didn't seem bothered by the glow so it was probably fine. It probably wasn't anything like the Long Night and the sun would rise and it was all totally fine.