Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
03-13-2022, 07:56 PM
I'm Tired of Looking for Answers

Birna and her companion had skinned the mountain goat and removed the head for later use. Both she and the pup ate their fill and then it was time for her to get to work. The first thing she needed to do was finish scrapping off the remaining gunk on the hide. Birna seized the shoulder blade of a previous kill that she was using as a scrapper and padded over to the hide. She placed her front paws on the hide to help hold it in place while she bent his head to use the scapula to scrape off the remaining bits. For some areas she simply set the scraper down and used her tongue.

Speech

Ulmaria

Avalon
Healer

Master Healer (255)

Master Fighter (250)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7
03-13-2022, 07:56 PM

Ulmaria flopped over on her side after finishing eatting her dinner. She was sure her uncle would be along soon but for now she was content. Her head popped up as she saw Birna stride over to the hide where she started scraping at it. Curious as to what the leopard was getting up to Ulmaria rolled onto her feet and wandered over. "What are you doing with that hide anyway?" She'd never seen someone bother to take the hide off so carefully though come to think of it she remembered a preserved hide in her father's den that they'd all snuggle up on when it got cold.

Birna

Loner

Master Hunter (249)

Master Fighter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
03-13-2022, 07:57 PM

Birna paused as the pup came over and asked what she was doing. "I'm going to tan this hide to line my den. I need to remove the remaining flesh off it or it will spoil." Perhaps she could utilize the pup while she was here. Birna grinned mischeviously. "To tan it I'll need to use the sheep's brain. Why don't you work a bit more at cleaning some of these bits up and I'll get the brain."

Birna got to her feet and wandered over to the goats head to start working on the skull. Her teeth worked through the skull, fangs crunching bit by bit and piece by piece til she revealed its brain.

Speech

Ulmaria

Avalon
Healer

Master Healer (255)

Master Fighter (250)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ulmaria nodded lightly, noting that it was called 'tanning' and she was more certain this was how the hides in her den had been made. At the mention of brains Ulmaria giggled before realizing that Birna was serious. She watched as the snow leopard started chewing on the skull. "Ew, what, really?" She knew about brains of course but it wasn't something she'd really eaten. It was a lot of work to gnaw through the skull and they usually got full on the rest of the animal. Now she was really curious. Ulmaria bent her head and worked rapidly at the remaining bits of flesh, eager to see what Birna was going to do with the brain.

Birna

Loner

Master Hunter (249)

Master Fighter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022

Birna chuckled, pausing to lick her lips. "Really. There are chemicals in the brain that help to tan the hide and they affect the skin in a way that allows it to become more supple and preserved to an extent." She hoped that made sense to the pup. She wasn't sure how best to explain it in a way the young one could understand. Birna flipped the brain out onto the hide, she padded over to it and slammed one of her paws down into it. She started working her paws in a loose circular motion, scrubbing more here and there as she started in the center and worked her way outwards. If she ran out of brains by the time hse got to the edges the edges could be trimmed but if she ran out by the time he got to the center well…

Speech