gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
03-14-2022, 11:48 PM
Ardyn Cadeyrn Aodhán Phoenix Adravendi

He padded along the top of the wall, scanning the lands beyond, Lyr circling high above. While he was ostensibly on patrol, he was also running through the agenda for the meeting he needed to call soon. There was much to consider, lay out for the pack, changes he hoped they’d take in stride, high ranks that needed to be announced as open to be worked for…. So much. How had his mother done it?

There was the issue of numbers, as well. Their ranks of hunters, fighters and healers, not to mention the more intellectually inclined paths all needed bolstered, and they needed to expand some time in the next few years. The raid that was supposed to come from Aerie had never come, and he wondered whether it would be a strong tactical move to raid them again. From a moral standpoint, he decided, it wouldn’t be. And it would serve no purpose other than annoying the neighbors.

He puffed out a breath, tail flicking as his eyes drifted over the rolling grasses of the plains beyond the wall, ears perking as he spotted movement. Lyr croaked from above. Deer, or wolf?

Ardyn didn’t give any further sign he might have seen anything, letting his peripherals work for him as his head turned away, as if continuing his scanning observation of the outer lands beyond the pack wall.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Ardyn's family (Red, Aurielle, Siblings, Valhalla) are allowed to crash threads, regardless of private tags.

Ardyn at first glance is as black as can be imagined with a raven sheen.

Closer inspection proves that he shimmers in fire tones in every hair on his hide right down to his lashes.

More obviously, he glows like a bed of coals and flames with every movement and brush of fur. His tail is usually wagging, so blazes like a torch.

His adult teeth are in and his saber canines have grown to their full length (see profile). His mane and tail hair have grown to full length, as well as being lightweight and easily buffeted by breezes.

A look at his front paws will give the impression of hands, with his dew claw dropped low and lengthened into a functioning thumb, and his toes elongated into fingers. He has retractable, solid black cat-like claws on every paw.

Ardyn has developed a glowing mast of intricate markings in fire and ice colors over his face, symmetrical over the last seasons of Year 17 (see profile for details). During hunts or raids/sieges, he will smudge them out with black soot to cover the glow, otherwise, they are bright enough to note at first direct glance at his face. Not all his artwork currently portrays the mask markings.

He is also often bedecked in beads, small bells, feathers in blues, ribbons and braids thanks to the Ooze Event of Halloween 2021, and the Coathanger item that he got. The accessories generally are seen most in his mane and tail hair. He removes the brighter items and bells for hunts or battle.

Noelle

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

Intermediate Intellectual (40)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
04-19-2022, 06:28 PM

She had taken some time to think about joining the pack she had come to a couple of seasons ago. And now she found herself returning, finally deciding she would commit herself. After quietly checking out the other packs from beyond their borders, she decided this was definitely the best fit for her. She had talked to a couple of the members here before, and they seemed pretty nice and very structured, something she had been looking for, and ultimately decided to take the plunge with them. They didn't mock her for her disability, and she hoped that she would thrive here better than she was as a loner. She was a little thin, but it was hard to hunt on her own. She often had to rely on traps to catch what she could, and maybe her work wasn't intricate or subtle enough to catch larger game, so she often settled for smaller game like birds, rabbits, and things not much bigger than she was.

She approached the wall, tilting her head slightly so she could get a better look at it with her peripheral vision. Honestly, it sucked not being able to see in front of her and she felt like a freak and like she was judged when she had to move her head to see what was in front of her face. She didn't blame her mother...perhaps it was just genetics...or maybe she had just gotten the rotten luck of the draw when it came to her genes. Whatever the case, she had learned to live with it and she tried to adapt as much as she could. This was normal for her just as much as breathing was natural, but still...she often felt the way she did. Hindered. Judged. Weak. She still struggled sometimes to accept that this was her life.

But hopefully, it would get easier.

She came up to the wall though remained a respectful few feet from it before tilting her head back and calling for someone. She was ready to ask if she could join them, and she'd do her best to repay them should they accept her.

"Noelle Destruction"

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-02-2022, 09:36 PM

It was her manner of walking that pegged her as the woman he’d spoken with at this very wall – almost the same spot, even – a season or so back. He’d still been the Heir, then, so had given her time to consider her choices with what information she had of Valhalla. But that was Valhalla under his mother’s rule. The Valhalla of his reign was much the same in terms of values and what it stood for, but the ranks had changed.

She hadn’t spotted him where he stood, and he considered that fact of her blindness. They hadn’t touched on it, but he could still see that although she was handicapped, her particular sort of blindness could make for a decently deceptive sentry. Most would expect someone who’d spotted them to look directly at their location, instead of turning their head away. However, a fighter she highly doubted she was.

She sang for the pack, and he shifted, turning in his tracks and retracing his steps to drop to the ground nearby, in her line of sight and taking a seat a respectful, comfortable distance away with a greeting smile and nod.

“Noelle Destruction, wasn’t it? Welcome back. What was your decision in the end?”

He’d come into himself, and the soft thunder of his voice was genuinely friendly and inquisitive as his intricately masked features studied her. She was thin, and he figured she could do with a few solid meals.

Ardyn's family (Red, Aurielle, Siblings, Valhalla) are allowed to crash threads, regardless of private tags.

Closer inspection proves that he shimmers in fire tones in every hair on his hide right down to his lashes.

More obviously, he glows like a bed of coals and flames with every movement and brush of fur. His tail is usually wagging, so blazes like a torch.

His adult teeth are in and his saber canines have grown to their full length (see profile). His mane and tail hair have grown to full length, as well as being lightweight and easily buffeted by breezes.

A look at his front paws will give the impression of hands, with his dew claw dropped low and lengthened into a functioning thumb, and his toes elongated into fingers. He has retractable, solid black cat-like claws on every paw.

Ardyn has developed a glowing mast of intricate markings in fire and ice colors over his face, symmetrical over the last seasons of Year 17 (see profile for details). During hunts or raids/sieges, he will smudge them out with black soot to cover the glow, otherwise, they are bright enough to note at first direct glance at his face. Not all his artwork currently portrays the mask markings.

He is also often bedecked in beads, small bells, feathers in blues, ribbons and braids thanks to the Ooze Event of Halloween 2021, and the Coathanger item that he got. The accessories generally are seen most in his mane and tail hair. He removes the brighter items and bells for hunts or battle.

Noelle

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

05-26-2022, 12:34 AM

Almost like a ghost in the night, the midnight, ember-clad male had dropped into her field of vision and she couldn't help the slight jump of surprise. Of course, she should've expected as much. The last time she had seen him, he had been up on that very wall, if she remembered correctly. And here they both were yet again, only this time, she was sure of what she wanted. “Noelle Destruction, wasn’t it? Welcome back. What was your decision in the end?” She sucked in a breath for a moment as she nodded. She wished she had joined the first time around, but her indecision and fear of starting a brand new life that was far, far different than the only life she knew had caused her to turn away in thought. But now she was sure. Her struggles the last season or so had certainly helped in her decision making, that was for sure.

"Yes, Sir Ardyn. I have decided to join Valhalla if you'll have me." She offered a shy, meek grin as she tilted just a tad more to get a better look. He was a handsome man, she couldn't deny that. His midnight coat that seemed to burn like a bed of coals with each and every movement was mesmerizing. She had never seen anything like it before. Little did she know there would be more exotic coats to gawk at on the other side of the wall. "I'm sorry to have kept you waiting. I don't know any life than the one I've lived since I was born. I have to admit, it's been rather...difficult on my own." She supposed she should be used to it by now, no? But the struggle wasn't really worth it anymore. Neither was the loneliness the rogue life brought.

"Noelle Destruction"

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-26-2022, 12:40 AM

An easy smile rested on his light-masked features as she spoke, confirming her decision to join. His muzzle dipped in a nod at her apology, adding, “It’s no issue. Some choices take time and deep thought.”

He rose, tipping his head toward the passage into the territory, paw gesturing for her to follow as he asked, “What calling do you feel most in tune with? Healing, for instance?”

Fighting and hunting he seriously doubted she felt a passion for, but you never knew. His best guess was she was a healer. He padded along at a slow pace, allowing her to keep up if she wished while he waited to learn a bit more about her and where she would fit in.

Noelle

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

05-26-2022, 01:01 AM

She was glad he understood, though truthfully, she wished she hadn't taken so long to figure it out. But at least she was here now, and her spirits and hopes were lifted when he gestured into the territory. Her tail began to wag as a smile began to plaster itself on her delicate features, and no matter how hard she tried to stop it, she just couldn't. Would this be somewhere she could call home? “What calling do you feel most in tune with? Healing, for instance?” She followed alongside, though mostly kept her head aligned with his shoulder so she could better see him as he spoke. "I think you hit the rabbit on the head. Yes, I do have more of a passion for healing, though simply because it's easier for me to track down herbs and perhaps wrestle a patient with words than it is for me to chase down dinner or wrestle down an actual opponent..."

She flicked her ears nervously as she paused for a heartbeat before continuing. "I'm sure you've noticed by now, but...my eyesight isn't the best. I can see. Partially. Peripherally, at least." She shrugged, "I haven't tried to fight anyone, and I tend to flee at the first sign of danger...I'm not a coward, but...I don't know. Being a loner has its risks, and out there it's me against the world. Letting someone else have my meals was better than fighting over scraps and potentially getting seriously injured and without a pack?" She shook her head. I suppose if I really wanted to, I could learn to fight. Who knows, I might even be good at it!" She joked, though part of her had considered that for a while now.

Maybe now that she was in the hands of what seemed to be a reputable and long-standing pack, perhaps she'd get that opportunity. Even if it was just to learn how to defend herself.

"Speak"

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-26-2022, 01:17 AM

He listened as she explained herself, nodding at her guess, and her confirmation of her limited eyesight. It lined up with his observations. She was sensible, and he agreed with her reasoning for joining a pack.

A rueful chuff of amusement answered her joke, before he added, “You’ll be expected to learn to defend yourself, for sure. The blind can still fight if they must. Your unique vision may be a boon; someone who thinks you’re blind might try to get you from the side, and you’ll catch it.”

His long-haired tail flicked, feathers flipping among the shower of fire, beads glittering and tinkling softly as he considered her, an easy grin on his face, “But you won’t be expected to go on war raids or offensive sieges; at most you’d be with the healers in a camp well away from the fighting.”

He pondered then nodded to himself. “I’ll take you on as a Leigheas Sóisearach, or Junior Medicine. Would you like a tour while I talk you through the pack’s details?”

His head tipped as he regarded her with perked ears. His place in the patrol would be filled, especially since Crystaloria ghosted over them and winged off to inform Cairo of early shift.

Noelle

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

06-01-2022, 11:30 PM

“You’ll be expected to learn to defend yourself, for sure. The blind can still fight if they must. Your unique vision may be a boon; someone who thinks you’re blind might try to get you from the side, and you’ll catch it.” "Oh?" Well now that he mentioned it, she never really thought about that! Maybe with practice, she could prove to be a valuable asset...she was certainly interested in learning at least the basics and how her limited vision might be advantageous. She had always seen it as a hindrance, but he had a more positive way of seeing it.

“But you won’t be expected to go on war raids or offensive sieges; at most you’d be with the healers in a camp well away from the fighting.” She nodded. Well, that was good at least! She couldn't see herself ever running into the fray, but tending to those who did was something she could definitely see herself doing. "That's good to know! While I don't mind learning how to defend myself properly, I'm not one to really...er...I'm not the violent sort at all, but you could probably already see that." She offered a shy smile. Gosh, she was bad at small talk. It had been a while since she had a conversation, but she was sure she'd get used to it soon enough.

He told her the name of what she assumed was a rank...what with the strange name he had for it, but he clarified what it was not a moment later. Junior medicine...that was fine by her. She still had plenty to learn, after all, and was grateful he hadn't just thrown her into some advanced rank considering he didn't know her skills, and she was doubtful she was even that good. She would be, but for now, she was content with the rank he'd given her. "I would love a tour of your pack!" She exclaimed, tail wagging as she listened to the tinkling of the trinkets he had in his fur.
"Speak"

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-10-2022, 03:09 AM

He chuckled softly at her self-assessment; “Most healers aren’t given to fighting. The Nomads – our long-time allies and trade partners – are Elite healers, and elite defensive fighters, primarily focused on the defense of others—usually their patients. They are also traders and nomadic animal herders and crafters. I’m happy to teach more about them later if you like.”

At her acceptance of his tour, he nodded, leading the way at the edge of her peripheral sight—within sight, but not blocking her view. First he indicated the wall, explaining, ”This wall started as a simple line of stones during my grandfather Regulus’ reign. He wanted it as a visual cue for pups and outsiders. Over time, it was built to what it is now, both as a defense, and a precaution to keep the very young from wandering too far.”

He gestures north and south in a sweeping movement of his paw, adding, “It encompasses most of the plains, and the Moorland we rule as well. Everyone has a turn on sentry duty, usually with a watch-partner, and a patrol route. We have openings to allow prey to migrate in and out.”

He let her absorb the information and the sights, before he led the way toward the meeting clearing. As they stepped onto the bare dirt he nodded around them to the twin oaks that stood over the large bounder with its flat top. One old oak, and one young.

“This is where the pack gathers for meetings, and generally it will also be used for crafting when the sun’s out and warm. Most of the fight training sessions will be held here, but we have other areas that provide more technical footing for more advanced training. You might be interested to know that we also train with our eyes covered, so that in the event someone is blinded, they have experience with lack of sight. I’d like to have everyone spend a good while without their eyes to learn the pack lands with their other senses.”

Noelle

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

07-20-2022, 03:54 AM

She followed the sound of the bells he wore, which truthfully, she was glad for. It made it easier for her to follow him by sound rather than sight, and she wouldn't have to keep turning and tilting her head every other step to make sure she was still on the right path. Her ears perked as she listened to him talk about Nomads and how they were Valhalla's allies and trade partners and that they boasted all sorts of things from elite healers and fighters to a myriad of other skills. "Oh, yes please! They sound absolutely wonderful!" She exclaimed with fascination and interest.

She followed along as he explained the wall she had nearly run into her first time visiting Valhalla, its purpose and a load of other information. She absorbed it all, listening intently while looking around at the things he pointed out as he explained. They paused for a few moments as she scanned the area, already spotting a few bits of herbs that she might be able to collect later when she got settled in. Or better yet, perhaps she'd simply tend to them so that they'd survive long enough until spring brought a better boon to the lands. When he moved again, she followed until they arrived at Valhalla's meeting place. She listened to him, nodding her head as he explained the purpose of this place, and then he told her about training the fighters blindfolded. Well, that was something interesting and new to hear about. "I'm sure I'd pass that test with flying colors," she joked. She had lived her entire life with limited sight. She was already ahead of the game in that field.
"Speak"