An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono I

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Dream Weaver
Mammoth Hunter1K
05-03-2022, 07:16 PM
Balthier had just finished running his patrol at the dam but he had some heavier things on his mind recently. He had still been sleeping outside the pack lands but running his patrols when needed and bringing in kills for the stores. He was absent, but he was still getting his duties done. Avoiding things had been a way of life for him, so not wanting to stay in the bungalow where he and Azzurra had slept before was normal. Just like how he wanted to leave Abaven because of the harsh memories in every step he took on land there.

He had been searching for the raft on the shores of Auster with no luck, and he was starting to think of cutting his loses. The raft meant something to him emotionally since he and his aunt had built it together. He was hoping it wasn't really lost out into the sea. He couldn't really remember where he parked it either. It could have been on the far side of the island, he had no idea.

He made his way the central areas of the pack where Chimera and his Queens and children resided. He called for his king but didn't leave his call secret for his sister. She'd find out one way or another what his intentions were.

"Balthier Destruction"
Balthier can be rated a !M! mature character due to alcohol abuse.

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Haunted House
05-03-2022, 07:44 PM

There was no way to know every little thing that went on with all of the wolves of Fenmyre so Chimera had no idea that Balthier and his sister....Ashram or whatever her name was, were fighting. It wasn't as though either of them were social. They did their jobs though and that was enough for the King. When the younger brute called for him, Chimera was instantly curious as to the cause.

Rising from his books and ledgers, Chimera made his way out of his office and down into the arboretum at the center of the resort. The black and gold brute was there waiting for him and he noted that the sister was nowhere to be seen. Nothing unusual about that. It wasn't as though he carted Siren along everywhere with him. "Balthier," he greeted the man with a nod. "What can I help you with?"

Chimera Klein

Chimera is a very adult character and takes part in very adult situations. Don't read his threads. Ever.
[Image: tOAj1ES.png]
Chi has three black Tibetan Mastiff's as guards. Assume they're very close by.

Balthier

"The Golden Boy"

Loner

Expert Hunter (160)

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono I

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Dream Weaver
Mammoth Hunter1K
05-03-2022, 07:55 PM
Balthier waited patiently for Chimera to come to his call, and he stood with a slight bow in his head as he approached. Nothing too extra, but Balthier was always respectful to his authority and really anyone else. It as only his sister who had seen the darker side. He may not have always seemed happy or approachable, but he was always respectful.

"Chimera," He greeted back, suddenly struggling to find the words to put together. His head was full of emotions, and it was really difficult for him to speak fluently. But he would try his best to get them out right. "I need to... get off the island. Get out of Fenmyre." He was hoping that wasn't coming out harsher than he thought. He was at least not trying to offend his king. "I don't really know if I'm asking to leave for good or if I need a break." His lip pulled back slightly, maybe hoping that Chimera wouldn't ask him why though he would have expected it. Instead he tried to divert, though maybe not to any success. He had already said too much. "I've lost the raft, I'd like to search the southern shores of Boreas in hopes to retain it. It means a lot to me."

"Balthier Destruction"

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

05-03-2022, 08:31 PM

Balthier instantly launched into the reason that he'd called for his King. He needed to leave the island and get away from Fenmyre but he wasn't sure if it was permanent or temporary. The dire brute arched a brow, but made no other reaction to the request. Without allowing Chimera to respond, the black and gold wolf gave a reason, stating that he needed to look for a raft. Right...

"And the real reason," he began, not bullshitting in the slightest, "Is it something that I should know about?" If it was something that was going to affect the workings of the pack, then he needed to know. "Is your sister going with you?" Again that brow arched as he questioned the younger brute. He had no problem letting him leave the pack for a time, but if he left permanently, there was no returning.

Chimera Klein

Chimera is a very adult character and takes part in very adult situations. Don't read his threads. Ever.

Balthier

"The Golden Boy"

Loner

Expert Hunter (160)

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono I

Mammoth Hunter1K
05-03-2022, 08:43 PM
Balthier bit his lip and glanced away a little nervously as Chimera caught him in his half bluff. He made it easy. He wasn’t lying with what  he told Chimera but he wasn’t a good liar anyway. Was it something he needed to know? No. But he could accept that he needed a better explanation.

"No." He stated in the fact of his sister joining him. If she left that was on her own terms, he was only lying to himself to say he didn’t care where she went or whatever happened to her. He was still in no right mind. At least he wasn’t drunk. “Azzurra has cheated on me." He tried his best to keep a straight face. It was easier to hide his emotions against Chimera. But he still looked away in some sort of shame. It wasn’t easy to talk about in the least.

"Balthier Destruction"

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

05-03-2022, 09:06 PM

The young brute looked a little bashful as Chimera questioned him further. Apparently his sister wasn't accompanying him. Interesting. It took Balthier a while, but he eventually gave the reason why he needed to get away from Fenmyre. It wasn't the pack at all, he simply needed to get away from his sister. He stated that she cheated on him and Chimera gave a low hmm in response. "I wasn't aware that you two were together in that manner," he admitted. The pair were very secretive, almost reclusive to a degree.

The big man sighed in the end, his stature loosening a little. "I'm sorry to hear. I would be most upset if my sister did that to me," he proclaimed. A big paw lifted, swirling lightly through the air as he questioned the wolf further. "Have you two been involved long? It can take some adjustment." He knew both from experience and helping others take that first step as well.

Chimera Klein

Balthier

"The Golden Boy"

Loner

Expert Hunter (160)

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono I

Mammoth Hunter1K
05-03-2022, 09:23 PM
It wasn’t like a weight was lifted off his shoulders. Balthier probably wouldn’t have told Chimera as he wouldn’t have told anyone about him and Azzurra on any normal day. But the hurt and the rage, hidden well under his nerves was driving him into this insanity. He felt blindsided, if only right in this moment. Maybe if he had more time to clear his thoughts... it never felt like he could let this go though. It was fresh, but he felt like it would last forever. It’s what he got for being young and naive maybe.

"I don’t like to talk about it." Was his first and maybe blunt confession. But he listened to what Chimera had to say, if only a hint into some clarity of the relationship he had with Siten, not that Balthier really knew who that was. He sighed quietly, taking a seat as if to get comfortable. It wasn’t a long explanation, but one he didn’t really want to bring up. There seemed to be a theme growing with him. "I’ve always looked after her. Our mother was non-existent and our father abandoned us when we turned a year old." And the first tome they had kissed was when they went to The Hallows and found out that Aranea had passed. It was certainly not a happy story, but Chimera had some of his own too that wasn’t either. Maybe Balthier had thought everyone’s lives outside of his and Azzurra’s and his other siblings was much more perfect.

"Balthier Destruction"

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

05-03-2022, 09:42 PM

Balthier didn't like to talk about it, which Chimera understood. "It's not an easy subject to discuss. After a while, you begin to realize that it doesn't matter what others think, so long as you and your partner are happy." Gods knew that others judged the King of Fenmyre for not only his incestuous relationship with his sister, but the fact that he had multiple mates, kept slaves, offered the lives of those slaves for coin. No, Chimera wasn't well liked at all, but he just didn't give a damn.

The young man seated himself and began to speak, the tale being eerily similar to his own upbringing. Chimera's haunches folded and he seated himself as well. "I know the feeling," the dual-toned man spoke with a sardonic smile tugging at the corners of his maw. "Queen Siren and I were abandoned by our father before we were even born. Our brother disappeared soon after and our mother was too wrapped up in herself to care. We raised ourselves and I looked after her as well." Perhaps hearing that he wasn't the only one in such a situation might help. "It's difficult to deal with, I am aware."

"As for the cheating," he brought up the rough topic, "I was told that she was upset and confused recently." Erystotle had told him about the encounter with Azzurra when they'd worked on the yacht together. "Have you two spoken about your relationship? It seems that your terms weren't laid out clearly."

"Chimera Klein"

Balthier

"The Golden Boy"

Loner

Expert Hunter (160)

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono I

Mammoth Hunter1K
05-18-2022, 10:42 AM
Balthier listened to all Chimera had to say, but the subject was very sore and uncomfortable for him. Even with this clarification that being with his sister may not have been so unholy or wrong, or at least seen in understanding eyes from Chimera didn't phase him much. Not right now. He needed the time away to regather himself.

His eyes squinted a little as he mentioned that Azzurra was upset and confused and he honestly really had to hold himself back from an outburst. He was maintaining himself well. He sighed carefully, not really understanding what Chimera meant, about his sister and about these terms. "I just need a break." Was really all he could say at first. He took another few seconds as he thought though, because Chimera was opening up to him in a way and he figured he needed to take advantage of speaking to someone like this. He didn't get much guidance on relationships from his father, let alone a relationship with his actual sister. He was going straight by gut to say it didn't feel right as much as he wanted it to. "I don't understand what you mean by terms." Maybe it was a little naive in the way that Chimera had more than one queen, three to be exact. But Balthier was blinded by his own bruised ego. It was very simply put that he assumed he and Azzurra would just be together forever, by them selves. He was too young and dumb to recognize just how much their relationship had been at risk.

"Balthier Destruction"

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

05-24-2022, 01:53 PM

Again the boy said that he needed a break and Chimera was still more than willing to grant him that break. "Take your break, Azzurra will be safe here." She was a pretty woman. There was a possibility that she and Erys would strike up some sort of relationship. That didn't bother the king. Erystotle would forever be his lover until the pale man asked otherwise.

Balthier seemed confused when Chimera mentioned terms and eventually asked for clarification. It seemed that the young wolf was more innocent than he had first imagined. "Terms. Discussed your relationship. Decided whether you'd belong strictly to one another or you'd take other lovers. Without that clarification, how are either of you to know what's acceptable and what isn't?" Did he or Azzurra even agree that they were in a relationship? He imagined not. Now they were in this situation.

"So are you leaving the pack or are you just keeping your distance?" Chimera wanted it straight with no beating around the bush. If Balthier needed to be away from his sister to sort out his mind, that was fine. If he left the pack though... Chimera would be less likely to let him join again if it came about in the future.

"Chimera Klein"

Balthier

"The Golden Boy"

Loner

Expert Hunter (160)

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono I

Mammoth Hunter1K
06-06-2022, 10:23 AM
Balthier wouldn't say anything to Chimera as he explained how terms would work in a relationship. He had known of Chimera's multiple queens but he had never really thought of it much. He was too focused on his sister to really sit down and wonder where else he could be in his life. With Azzurra, with someone else. He had no plans for his future. He didn't think of kids, marriage... but he would have never expected this to come to his life. He knew that his relationship with his sister wasn't perfect, and he could just assume that they had mutual decisions. He was wrong.

Without commenting on Chimera's terms, he moved on to what was asked of him. "If it's alright with you I'd like to travel the southern coast of Boreas for the raft. And then I'd like to discuss again when I have a clear mind." It was honest, he didn't want to make too rash of a decision right now. He truly didn't want to leave Fenmyre, a second pack he had called home in a short life. But he couldn't sit around waiting, watching Azzurra with others or really just keep festering the troubles he was feeling against her now. He may have already had his decision, but he wanted to give it a little more time.

"Balthier Destruction"