An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double MasterOoh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
05-01-2022, 09:50 PM
The wedding is growing close and everyone in the pack has thrown themselves into helping prepare for it. Fern has enjoyed hunting to help fill the stores and has been pondered asking Artorias if she could be the lead hunter for the pack. While she loves being a Knight and protecting the pack, the gray girl has also noticed the distinct lack of hunters in the pack. Maybe she can help remedy that situation. Making her way to the garden and, uncertain of where Art’s duties have him working, Fern releases a short call for the Aegis. Normally, she would wouldn’t bother Artorias if he is busy but, the prospect of helping with hunting has her excited. She looks at the flowers that are in full bloom as she waits for the busy Aegis to arrive.

"Fern Lark"
Fern has a female stoat companion named Puff. She is always nearby.

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
05-05-2022, 04:03 PM

Down in the wine cellars, Artorias sipped at the sample of a sweet red wine the pack had been fermenting in preparation for the wedding feast. This was one of the first times his pack had manufactured wine to this scale, and it would be a true test of their abilities. The rich flavor of the fermented grapes, hinted with notes of honey and strawberries was delightful and light on the palate, and he was pleased with the results. Which was a good things because they had several full casks of the stuff finishing its process and just about ready to be consumed. He set the goblet down on the sampling table and was about to move on to taste test the white wine they'd been working on when the howl from Fern called for his attention. Well, it looked like recreational drinking would have to wait for now!

Artorias made his way back upstairs and through the halls of the castle until he emerged in the warm summer sun. Auster had become noticeably hotter as the sunny spring days drew out into the longer dog days of summer. The gardens were fragrant with the fresh scents of all the flowers, and any humidity in the air was cut away by the cool coastal breeze that rippled across the lands from the nearby ocean. Artorias didn't use the word often, but the Hallows truly felt like a paradise sometimes. He found Fern waiting for him amongst the blooms, approaching his apprentice with a small smile. "Fern," he greeted the girl with a tip of his muzzle. "You needed me for something?"

"Artorias" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Fern

"Live Like A Warrior"

Loner
Lead Hunter

Master Fighter (290)

Master Hunter (280)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double MasterOoh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
05-05-2022, 04:31 PM
A smile tugs at Fern’s lips as she enjoys the beautiful flowers. She does not have to wait long for the Aegis to arrive and, when she spies his black and form approaching, her tail swings happily from side to side. He dips his muzzle in greeting and the gray girl offers him bright smile in return and an affectionate greeting of, “Hey Art!” Next comes the of question of why she had summoned him and Fern, still smiling, gives a short nod and invites the Alpha to sit with her.

She knows he is busy so the gray girl will be quick to get to the point of the call but first, she wants to tease her teacher just a little bit. Smile grows as she says, “Well, as much as I wouldn’t mind just having a nice little social visit with my favorite mentor, I do actually have a request for you.”

Taking a moment to fold her haunches and settle onto the ground before continuing, “Okay, so, I have noticed that isn’t a lot of hunters within the pack ranks and I would like to switch my rank to the hunting track. Now, I want to stress that this doesn’t mean I would stop my sword training or, suddenly, not be a protector for the pack. I just have some ideas that I think be useful to the pack and, more specifically, the hunters.” Swallowing, her mouth suddenly dry, Fern wonders if she has said the right things.

"Fern Lark"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
05-05-2022, 05:12 PM

Fern's good mood is infectious, and when invited to sit with her, Artorias smiles a bit wider and graciously accepts, plonking his larger frame down near Fern's to enjoy the sunny day in the gardens. He hoped the weather would hold out like this until the wedding was over; it would be so much nicer to let everyone mingle and party amongst the gardens and plains if they wished rather than keeping everyone cooped up inside if it rained. Fern didn't take long to get to the matter at hand, something the Aegis was appreciative of, given his shortness of time as of late. Fortunately, planning and preparation for the wedding was at its tail end, and soon enough life would return to normal around the southern pack. Fern starts by buttering him up, drawing a humored chuckle from the dire wolf. "Your favorite mentor, eh? You clearly want something," he remarked with another chuckle.

Artorias listened as Fern laid out how the pack had a lack of hunters within their ranks, and the Aegis hummed in thought. It was true, they had more fighters than any other rank, and with the demand on the four they did have with the wedding feast, it had highlighted their need for more suppliers in their midst. He had a feeling he knew where this conversation was going, and sure enough, Fern mentioned switching from Knight to Hunter. He smirked when she promised she wouldn't shirk her duties as a fighter or give up on her sword training, but that she had ideas on how to better serve the pack. "I see," Artorias murmured, feigning pensive thought while he cast a sideways glance to the monochrome fae. "And I suppose you'll be asking me for the rank of Lead Hunter next, right?" He knew Fern had the aptitude for the role, but would she have the confidence and courage to ask for what she really wanted from him?

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Fern

"Live Like A Warrior"

Loner
Lead Hunter

Master Fighter (290)

Master Hunter (280)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

05-05-2022, 09:46 PM
Art settles near Fern and she offers him a bright smile, the good weather only adding her to her happiness. The talk begins and Artorias sees right through her attempt to schmooze him. She chuckles and gives him a wink before explaining what she would like. The Aegis murmurs as his features become thoughtful and Fern feels her stomach start to knot in worry. When he gives her a sideways glance and talks about asking for the role of Lead Hunter, Fern turns to face him straight on. Yes, this is why she had called him and she wants him to know how thoughtful she been in her choice. Resettling into a seated position, she turns her gaze up at him, a serious edge glinting in their corners or her eyes.

After a moment, she calmly says, “Yes Artorias. I would like to take the rank of Lead Hunter. If you allow me to take it, I will see to it that all Hallow wolves have a rudimentary knowledge of how to hunt alone and in a group. For those that choose to become Hunters, I will oversee their training and help them to become a master of the trade.” She pauses for a short moment before adding, "I am ready Art." Fern’s voice falls away as she continues to look to her leader. Mentally she readies herself to give him battle of words to try and his opinion if he deems her unworthy of such a title.

"Fern Lark"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

05-16-2022, 08:29 PM

As he had suspected, Fern straightened up her posture and fixed him with a look of determination before launching right into her request to be named the Hallows' Lead Hunter. Artorias was quiet and allowed Fern to say her piece while he simply watched her and listened. Her pitch was well thought out and rehearsed. Clearly this was something she'd been considering for some time. Then his apprentice finished by claiming she was ready to take on this responsibility. The Aegis pursed his lips and nodded his head pensively. He was inclined to agree with her. Fern had proved her dedication and mettle. She showed that when she put her mind to a task, she got it done. For too long now the rank of Lead Hunter had been left vacant, and while he had initially thought his brother might claim it, Rudyard had been fixed on the path to Vanguard instead.

"Very well," Artorias agreed with another short nod of his head. "So it shall be. Hence forth, you shall be the Hallows' Lead Hunter, Fern. The responsibility of ensuring the pack is adequately fed and the duty of keeping our hunters' training active is yours along with the title." It was a great deal of responsibility, but he believed in Fern, and if she felt ready to do more and contribute more to the pack, then he would give her this chance. "I suppose your first real challenge will be making sure we have more than enough food for the wedding feast." Artorias turned a cheeky grin to the gray-furred girl. "I want us to have enough food to feed a hundred wolves if they show up. Think you and your team can handle that, Lead Hunter?"

One big happy family