An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerOoh La LaDouble MasterPride - Lesbian1KFestival Organizer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted HouseValentines 2020Christmas 2019Treat 2019
04-29-2022, 02:14 PM
The dark night gave way to silver moonlight as it filtered through the drifting clouds. The sand, ever greedy, returns the favor by absorbing the light into its dark abyss. Still, the moon shines down, as if smiling, waiting for the day the sands send up a thank you.

The sand shimmers, but only barely. That is enough for the moon, Sparrow guesses.

She wasn't one to dwell on metaphoricals, but sometimes a girl just got into a mood, yanno? Maybe Mercury was in retrograde or something- not that Sparrow had any idea what that meant or what a Mars even was. Regardless, sometimes a girl just likes to be alone with her thoughts, although wine would make it better.

Sparrow has a female Harlequin Macaw named Pongolo and a male Capuchin monkey named Friar, and a hairless mushroom tuxedo cat named Beef Sandwich. She also has cat claws... and some weird leg spike things.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
05-08-2022, 09:26 AM
I'm Trying to Find A Signal Fire

Restless and unable to sleep Pyralis took to wandering down to the beach. She'd always assumed she'd slow with age. That she'd sleep more and more, but these days she struggled to remain in one spot and when sleep fell it was only for a few hours at a time. Perhaps winter would change that. The cold had a way of slowing all of life down. She would be content to settle into her den, wrapped in warm furs with some mulled wine.

Pyralis arrived at the beach, the glassy stones reflecting hints of moonlight and the form of her captain. With a soft grin she padded in the direction of the other woman, calling out. "Well now, I see I'm not the only restless soul tonight. Trouble sleeping?"

Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
05-08-2022, 06:20 PM

A voice came to her through the haze of her thoughts and Sparrow realized a second too late that she didn't even jump. She turned her attention towards Pyralis and offered what was supposed to be a smile, but quickly turned into a yawn that all but encompassed her entire face. "Guess so. Something feels off and I haven't been able to figure out what." Her brow knitted for only a second before she made an effort to clear her expression.

Sparrow careened her neck side to side to stretch it before standing and flexing out all of her claws and horned ligaments.

"What about you? Shoudn't you be snoozing or like six feet under or something?"

Sparrow has a female Harlequin Macaw named Pongolo and a male Capuchin monkey named Friar, and a hairless mushroom tuxedo cat named Beef Sandwich. She also has cat claws... and some weird leg spike things.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
05-14-2022, 08:16 PM

Pyralis slowed as she approached Sparrow, coming up alongside the other woman so she could gaze out across the ocean. The sound of the water lapping up against the rocks was soothing, but not enough to help the old woman sink into a comfortable sleep. Sparrow mentioned that something felt off and Pyralis nodded. She felt that way as well though she'd considered it more of an internal matter.

"What about you? Shoudn't you be snoozing or like six feet under or something?"

Pyralis smirked. "I was doing my best but alas, I am denied yet again. Seems like you'll be stuck with me for awhile longer." Her expression sobered.

"Sparrow, do you believe in any sort of after life?"

Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

05-15-2022, 03:04 PM

Pyralis smirked and joked back before her expression shifted and she asked Sparrow if she believed in an after life. Sparrow, in all her glamour, choked on her own breath and went quiet for longer than maybe she ever had in her whole life. Normally, she'd reply bluntly with 'no' and be done with it. She stole a glance of the aged woman next to her and felt it wrong to say that to someone who was... well... old.

But also she wasn't sure if that was nice to point out.

She swallowed, thinking carefully on her words, mustering all the tact she normally threw to the side in favor of shock-factor. "If it means we'll get to raid together in Hell, then I'd like to." She threw on a smile, looking to the woman, but it wasn't full and genuine. It wasn't pity either, Pyralis had lived what Sparrow assumed was a full life. She didn't really like these topics, and was used to shoving them down and far away as possible, but this was her packmate and right hand woman. "How about you?" She wanted to add on 'Does God call to you at night since you're right at his door' but that seemed inappropriate and Sparrow had to remember tact so she just swallowed and waited for an answer.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
05-23-2022, 05:22 PM

Pyralis didn't break the silence, she simply gazed curiously at the younger woman. She could remember a blissful time when her mortality seemed so far away. Now it followed her like a shadow and even when she would dare it to make a move it would falter and stay just out of sight. She was left to drown in the uncertainty of all of it.

When she replied it was non-commital but Pyr rolled with it and chuckled. "That would be nice." At the younger woman's question Pyralis broke eye contact, choosing instead to gave at the waves. A rumbling chuckle started deep in her chest then rolled out in a sarcastic laugh. "I was taught that all of my family are descended from the god Abraxas, the greatest of the all, the giver of our family name. I was taught that if we follow his laws when we die we'll shed this flesh and becoming the divine we we're meant to be." She sighed, then cocked her head towards Sparrow.

"I used to believe that without question. These days all I have are questions."

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

05-23-2022, 09:39 PM
Pyr didn't press further, and Sparrow was thankful. She just needed a moment to get her thoughts together. As she asked Pyralis about her beliefs, the onder woman went on to mention that she was an Abraxas and Sparrow couldn't hide her shock- had she known Pyr was an Abraxas before and just never put two and two together? "Oh you're one of them?" spilled from her mouth before she was able to think and quickly she lapped at her lips as if to rid the words that had crossed them, "Sorry, I just- I'm familiar, but I wouldn't have thought..." Her voice trailed off. What did she think? She didn't, that's what.

Pyralis finished and said that all she had was questions now. Sparrow nodded and chewed on her cheek for a moment, "I don't think I've ever believed in any gods," she said, her eyes slowly drawing to Pyralis, "but I'll believe in you whenever you become one." Sparrow tossed a slightly better fake smile, "So, what does being a God entail and why do you have to follow rules to be a god?"

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
06-15-2022, 06:16 PM

"Oh you're one of them?"

Pyralis barked out a laugh. "Ahhh… I see my family's reputation still leaves an impression." As far as she knew the work of the Abraxas had all but fallen silent. Whether they still toiled away in the shadows she couldn't say but there was far less open bloodshed and terror than there once had been. She thought it curious that Sparrow wouldn't have made the connection but in truth Pyralis could not remember if she'd ever given her surname. It was very likely she hadn't. After all, the name Abraxas stirred up so many feelings among those that heard it that sometimes it was best to discard the last name altogether for the freedom of anonymity.

"Ahhh my first follower. Well, I demand a sacrifice of good wine!" Pyralis' teasing tone bubbled up and fell like a wave, ending with a sigh as Sparrow asked her what being a god would entail. "That's the real question. We would guide the members of our family still bound in mortal flesh, and push on toward some untenable goal." Pyralis scowled. "To serve, to fulfill Abraxas' Plan, whatever the hell that is." Pyralis stretched. "A reconquering of the divine realms? Perhaps. Either way, only Abraxas has the power to awaken the divinity inside our spirits. If he deems us unworthy we simply cease to exist in any sense. Or spirit is turned to dust."

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

06-19-2022, 06:40 PM
Sparrow listened intently at Pyralis' explanation and her mind whirred into overtime to think of all the possibilities. Sparrow was pretty confident as far as her abilities went, but she didn't truly believe herself to be a god. She couldn't imagine how someone like Talon might react to being a god. She was pretty sure her head would inflate and fly off for one, but what about for others? "Well, do we know what makes him deem someone worthy? Like is it just believing in him? The Abraxas I've met have been somewhat... different and maybe even haughty. Does Abraxas even need a bunch of somewhat-worthy wolves to be gods with? Wouldn't one of them eventually want to take over his place?" Sparrow's mouth spit out questions as soon as she could think of them. "Like, if we took a bunch of Abraxas pups, convinced them they were gods, Abraxas was real, and we told them to be reeeaaallly good, couldn't some other Abraxas like kill them off then make more pups and fill the Abraxas spirit army even faster?" Sparrow stopped herself at this, "Y'know, theoretically."

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-08-2022, 09:14 PM

Pyralis fidgeted with her paws before casting her gaze out over the ocean. "Oh, it's more than just belief. It's following his rules, spreading his doctrine, often through conquest and blood shed as proof of strength and worthiness. Though… breeding followers is also expected. Did you know I have children of my own? Off in far away lands…" Sparrow's words started to fade in the back of her mind as she remember Ashiel and Asharya. She could still see them as pups racing across the canyon floor, sitting in front of her like little soldiers for their training sessions, telling stories of flinging rotten fish as their cousin. It brought a smile to her face. Would she see them again before she died?

Pyralis snapped back to reality. "Aw, shit. Sorry Sparrow… I zoned out." She looked back to her captain as she got to her feet. "I think I'm going to keep walking. The past is hitting hard tonight."