size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

Critical Fail!1K
06-02-2022, 05:33 AM
This was her first time on the battlefield, but she had begged her grandfather to bring her and didn't stop until he obliged. With Valentine watching nearby, Brida sauntered into a decent clearing and scanned the arena. Hm...nobody was around, huh? Turning to her grandfather with a pout, she scanned the terrain again and decided to throw her head back and howled for someone to come fight her! Sure she wasn't quite a yearling yet, but she was almost a yearling so that was enough, right? She just wanted someone to fight against and show her grandpa that she could be a good fighter like he was back in the day!

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-03-2022, 01:07 PM

Typically, she wouldn't dream of fighting a little girl. Wren approached, eyeing the adult briefly and giving them a nod before her attention went to the child. "My name is Wren" she introduced herself to them both as she slowed her pace. A polite smile was given "if you want to spar, I can oblige. No teeth. No claws. No maim. Just a friendly bout. Does that sound good?"

She directed this to the girl. Wren knew the pain of wanting to better herself. Perhaps it was lucky she came across the girl instead of someone else. They wouldn't be so eager to be friendly about this. They'd rub in a win, and snarl at a loss. She waited patiently. "You can go first, if you want." The woman added a grin to her features, wagging her tail before tucking it and her chin.

"Speech"

put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Brida

Hemlock
Soothsayer

Expert Fighter (205)

Advanced Hunter (90)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

Critical Fail!1K
06-27-2022, 11:53 PM

It didn't take too long for someone to show up, and Brida's ears perked at the woman's words. "if you want to spar, I can oblige. No teeth. No claws. No maim. Just a friendly bout. Does that sound good?" Her head tilted at the woman, a mischievous grin settling on her features. "Brida, and if there's something I am not afraid of, its teeth and claws. I may not be a yearling yet, but I'm a warrior." She jerked her head to her grandfather that stood nearby, "That's my grandfather, Valentine Imperialis!" The Imperialis name was a great one in the lands. Well known among all in Boreas, but if Wren didn't know it, no doubt at some point she'd hear of their stories. As far as she was aware, the Imperialis family were among the oldest in the lands. But that didn't matter right this moment, no. She was here to spar.

Wren offered her first move, and Brida was happy to oblige. She set her defenses like she'd been taught, claws eagerly scraping into the ground. With a nod to the woman, she was off.

Brida charged at Wren, the gangly almost-yearling aiming to charge at the smaller woman head-on. She sought to have them collide chest to chest, head whipping towards Wren's in an effort to headbutt and daze the other woman.

Brida vs Wren for Spar
Round: 1/?
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Medium
Mutation 1: Bear paws
Mutation 2: Saber Fangs
Skills: Beginner Fighter & Beginner Hunter

"Brida"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-28-2022, 12:01 AM

It wouldn't be wise to underestimate the girl because she was a pup. Wren could risk losing. She gave a respectful bow of her head to Brida's guardian. "Then I'll do my best and so should you" she told both of them, and that was it. The spar was off to a start. Brida was a warrior, she claimed. She charged at the brunette, who angled her body so her shoulder and leg bone got the brunt of the collision. She skids backward a bit from the blow.

But is quick to recover.

She snakes her neck out, aiming a bite below the girl's neck. She is angled and able to try and grab the side, to put force and pressure into it. To really try and control the spar to her ability so far. This was an attempt though; Brida could retaliate. She was small but still large. Strange how that was. As she moved toward the girl, she sought to shove her own weight into her side. Try to throw her off balance.

"Speech"

Wren vs Brida for SPAR!
Round 1/2
Size: Large
Defensive Battle Accessory: Leather Bracers
Companion 1: Peregrine falcon, Female - Battle
Skills: Expert Fighter & Master Hunter
Specialty: Bloodletter
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Brida

Hemlock
Soothsayer

Expert Fighter (205)

Advanced Hunter (90)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

Critical Fail!1K
06-28-2022, 01:27 AM

Oh, she'd try her best alright! She had to. Valentine was watching, and she didn't want to let him down. Still, this was her first spar against someone that wasn't related to her. The earthen woman had angled her body so that Brida hit her shoulder instead of hitting her head-on. That was fine, that just meant she had to improvise, and quick! Wren reached for the side of her neck, and all Brida could think to do was rise onto her hind legs just enough to give her some leverage, (with legs spread equidistant apart to keep Wren from pushing her over) bringing her neck out of range and giving Wren her chest to grasp instead. With a growl of irritation, Brida quickly brought up a heavy, bear-like paw and aimed to smack Wren on the side of her head to disorient and knock her head away.

Brida vs Wren for spar
Round: 2/2
Size: Dire wolf
Mutation 1: Bear paws
Mutation 2: Saber Fangs
Skills: Beginner Fighter & Beginner Hunter

"Brida"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-28-2022, 09:47 AM

As with most bouts of fighting, there was little to say but grunts and growls. Wren was aware she had more practice in her before she mastered the skill, and even then? She still had much to learn. Euryale shrieked from above at the start of the fight, the peregrine diving fast. But Wren was already here, and quicker to react than her companion.

Brida rose up on her back legs. Wren bumped against her chest just as the girl swiped at her. Instead of ducking or dodging, or even taking the brunt of it, she turned her head and snapped. There was still some force behind it, with that nasty mutation of Brida's, but Wren tried to seize her paw. Keeping in mind the paw pad was sensitive -

She didn't want to puncture it too badly.

"Speech"

Wren vs Brida for SPAR!
Round 2/2
Size: Large
Defensive Battle Accessory: Leather Bracers
Companion 1: Peregrine falcon, Female - Battle
Skills: Expert Fighter & Master Hunter
Specialty: Bloodletter
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
06-30-2022, 03:08 PM

And the winner is...

Wren

Brida must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Brida :
Attack Roll: 9
Defense Roll: 47
Agility Roll: 17
Perception Roll: 27
Total: 100
Attack[9] + 30% Bonus[2.70]: 11.70
Defense[47] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 47.00
Agility[17] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 17.00
Perception[27] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 27.00
Total[102.70] + -15% Bonus[-15.40]: 87.30