An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

OverachieverCritical Attack!The Ooze ParticipantVengeanceSnake EyesMammoth Hunter
06-02-2022, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2022, 02:14 PM by Ezra. Edited 1 time in total.)
OOC: Deadline for the first round is June 9th!

In the efforts of the hunters of the pack, including himself, to get everyone in the pack more comfortable with hunting they broke up the pack into groups. The names they picked for each group were entirely random, but he was incredibly happy to have Syanna end up in his group. He was eager to get her out of the castle for a little bit and at least this way he could do that, fulfill his duties to the pack, and keep an eye on her at the same time. It was pretty early in the morning when he went to meet up with the group he had been assigned in the castle courtyard, walking down with Syanna and giving her a quick kiss before he called for the others—Briar, Jane, Laeta, and Greed. He of course was familiar with his sister and Briar, but he had only seen Laeta in passing and Greed was a new addition to the pack so he wasn't as familiar with their capabilities. Hopefully they would be comfortable with what he had in mind.

Once everyone had gathered in the courtyard, he gave them all a grin and started to lay out the plan. "Alright, so I've been tracking a group of okapi for a few days and the herd was moving toward the Ancient Oaks last night so I think we'll be able to find them there today. I want three of you to be our chasers to separate one from the group and drive it to the ambush spot and then one of you can join me in ambushing it and taking it down. Nothing too complicated today plan wise. They are large animals though so it'll take all of us to bring it down and carry it back. Does anyone want to volunteer for doing the take down with me?" He left the floor open for them to decide among themselves. Once they had the plan settled on they would head out to the Oaks.

"Ezra Adravendi"

Greed

The Hallows
Knight

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (120)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Christmas 2019Treat 2019
06-02-2022, 11:43 PM

It had felt...strange...living back in the same lands he once dwelled in with the Ancora family. While the lands had been left unchanged for the most part, the castle had indeed, been given a facelift just like Artorias had said. The place was bustling like it had when Talis lived here. Though he had to admit, he was a little overwhelmed after having been living as a loner for the better part of a year now. How was Claire faring? They had chosen to sleep together under the stars the first couple of nights, though mainly because she still hadn't decided where she wanted to lay her head down. Castle or plains? She was just as overwhelmed as he felt, if not more.

When the call to gather for a pack hunt had reached his ears, Greed left his idleness to join them. He didn't know quite what to do with himself yet, so he figured it was best to show up and at least see how this pack operated in a team. While he was more of the lone wolf type, he had no issues being around others. He was the first to arrive, and as the others gathered, he listened to the plan set forth by the young antlered male. "I'll help you take it down." He said gruffly. What better way to show his new packmates that he was experienced and capable?

"Talk"

Art||Plot with me!

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Laeta

Somnium

Intermediate Navigator (40)

Expert Intellectual (135)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
06-03-2022, 03:12 PM

It would come to no surprise that Laeta wasn’t quite in the best shape to be a supreme hunter. She had certainly regained strength, enough to withstand some distance, and no longer required Mel by her side as often to balance her legs. Her once atrophied mucscle from her paralysis had come back, decently fleshed around her slender limbs and streamlined torso. However, she would never quite regain the agility required to take down a large prey animal - so when she had arrived on the scene, she caught winf od the unfamiliar pack member mention he would volunteer for the role. Her ruby eyes then faced the man who she was told would head the pack hunt - Ezra, she believed he was called. Ignoring the ever persistent ache in her joints, she instincitvely looked to her side - only to find Mel wasn’t there. That’s right, she recalled telling him to remain at the castle while on the hunt. His panic stricken face didn’t leave her feeling too amused, but she felt ready to participate. She was stronger. Not strong as she was before, but enough to make it through this. "I’ll help chase them," Lae said, offering a small smile. She wasn’t the best hunter, and she never recalled taking down large animals before. She’d just have to follow the others to make sure she was doing her job correctly.

”Speech” ’Thought’

comin' up for air in the deepest of the deep ends
i thought i learned it all, but boom, the plot thickens
laeta has a european badger companion named melis. he can speak and is assumed to be with her at all times.

Jane

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
06-03-2022, 04:55 PM

The day was pretty, bright and quiet. Winter still had an slight graps of the wind which was chillier than normal but it was right. She had been working on her studies as both a hunter and a healer, the later being a freshly discovered passion. One she wanted to explore more as it grew stronger, but never she would neglect her duties as hunter, she did her best to split her time fair, giving each area their respective care and interest. After spending a good chunk of the day working on the greenhouse's medicinal plants. And now that she was done, it was time for a more dynamic activity one she had been told about by her brother earlier, one he would lead. She always felt more comfortable hunting or being in a group were familiar faces were around.

She went to the oaks, finding the group already there. And soon enough to listen to Ezra's plans. He had always been a genius for hunting and she had always wanted to learn from him by mainly watching him and taking any information raw. Carefully she considered her own skills and capabilities. She was large enough to help take down, but light enough to chase. Last major hunt she was one to chase and distract maybe today she could go the other way around. "Count me into the taking down Ez!" She stated with her usual smile.

""
code by CloudyNight

Briar

The Hallows
Lady of Cinder

Master Fighter (245)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
06-04-2022, 06:31 PM
The plans for the whole pack to participate in various hunts and training around the subject made her happy. She wouldn't consider herself an avid hunter by any means, but it was something that her father had always emphasized the importance of so she could hold her own doing it when needed. The group she was assigned to was led by Ezra and she was fond of her fellow antlered wolf so she was in good spirits as she went down to the courtyard to meet up with the other members of her hunting party. She settled in among the group and gave Ezra her attention while he began to explain the details of today's hunt and she nodded with understanding. It seemed like a straight forward plan so it was easy to follow. Greed and Jane both spoke up to offer their help with the take down portion of things so she felt confident that Ezra had more than enough help in that department. "Chasing is fine by me," she added in easily, giving him a small nod.

"Briar Carpathius"

Syanna

The Hallows
Expert Physician

Master Healer (240)

Expert Navigator (140)

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 11KPride - Bisexual
06-07-2022, 11:32 PM

Ezra had been tasked to lead the Hallows wolves in some hunting training, and no matter how bad Syanna felt, she wouldn't do anything to sabotage her boyfriend's duties as one of Artorias' High Councilors. She hadn't had to hunt for herself in a long time—not since joining the Hallows, as a matter of fact—so there was no doubt her skills would be rusty. But for Ezra, she would do her best. They both walked out of the castle together to the meeting spot Ezra had told his group to assemble at, and when they arrived and he gave her a kiss, she managed a sweet smile back up to him. Hopefully, doing something with her pack mates would help lift her spirits. Plus their group was shaping out to be a good one. The older wolf who was their newest member, Laeta, Jane, and Briar. Syanna smiled to each of them as they arrived, then listened quietly while Ezra filled them in on what they would be doing today. A group hunt to take down some okapi. Seemed easy enough, especially for a pack of wolves.

Ezra divided up his plan amongst the group. It was straightforward and simple, just the way she liked it. Greed volunteered to help him bring it down, which made sense. He was large, and both he and Ezra would have no trouble making the kill. That left the ladies to run the herd down. Now that was something she could do! She was good at running, after all. "I guess the ladies will have to do all the legwork for you boys then," she teased Ezra and Greed with a smirk and a wink.

"Syanna Alluráin"

As her mate, Ezra may enter her threads not marked as Private.

Ezra

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

OverachieverCritical Attack!The Ooze ParticipantVengeanceSnake EyesMammoth Hunter
06-08-2022, 12:21 AM
He was pleasantly surprised to have Greed volunteer so easily to volunteer for taking down the okapi with him and he gave the older male a thankful grin. He nodded to Laeta when she agreed to chase, but then Jane said to count her in for the take down and he gave her an apologetic grin. "Ah, sorry sis, I don't think I really need more than one volunteer for that. But we do need an experienced hunter in the chasers group so you'll be a big help with that! And if Greed or I need any help right at the end I'll count on you to jump in." Briar agreed to be with the chasers as well and that rounded out their group. He hadn't even intended on having it be split by men and women, but Syanna pointed it out with a teasing remark about the ladies doing all the legwork and he glanced at her with a toothy grin in return, giving her a teasing glare and nudging her shoulder playfully. "Alright, lets head out then! We don't want to loose day light."

The trip down to the Ancient Oaks wasn't an eventful one and after taking a path through God's Garden and cutting around Wraith's Woods they finally arrived at their destination. He went back to where he had found the okapi's scent before and followed it into the trees. It was a bit stale at first, but as he continued to follow it the scent of the small herd he had found got stronger and he picked back up the trail. He motioned them forward, but signaled for them to be quiet and stay behind him before he continued on through the trees, following the scent and keeping his eyes peeled for them. As soon as he caught a glimpse of the large animals through the brush he stopped and signaled for them to as well. "Wait here," he whispered to the group before he crouched and crept forward quietly to go get a closer look. Once he had scouted out the clearing the okapi were grazing in he came back, gathering them around to give them the run down.

"Alright, there are three adults in the clearing back there. We'll only be able to carry one back so there's no reason to try and go for more than that. Greed, you and I will go around to the other side of the clearing and find a spot to hide and wait for it to be driven toward us for the ambush. Ladies, wait here for a few minutes to give us a head start and then move up to the edge of the clearing to wait for my signal. Look for my paw, I'll wave over the top of the bushes when we're ready. Got it?" Once everyone was in agreement he nodded and began to work his way with Greed through the trees, giving the clearing where their prey was waiting a wide clearance so they wouldn't be noticed and doing his best to keep them down wind. Once they were on the other side opposite from where the women were waiting he inched toward to the edge of the clearing and hid behind a thick cluster of bushes that took up some of the space between the wide tree trunks. Once they were in place he looked for Jane, Briar, Syanna, and Laeta on the other side, giving them a wave as soon as he saw them.

"Ezra Adravendi"