Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
05-30-2022, 01:27 PM

The fish were plentiful if the river hadn't frozen over. Wren stalked the banks of the Rio Grande, a quiet huff escaping her lips. She contemplated breaking the ice with something heavy to find the prey underneath. But she was stubborn and too prideful to admit she wanted or needed help - even from tools made to help. Instead, she walked along the length of the river. Maybe a hungry predator broke it further south.

She sniffed the air, finding a pack or two uncomfortably close. Veering off to the side, she headed back. It was then that movement caught her eye. She glanced back to the way she thought she'd go, the smell of pack clear and heavy. "Hello?" Wren said softly, feeling eyes on her from the brush. Maybe a scout. She shouldn't be so shocked, since she was close to a pack's land. Not the border, no, but their land was below this one.

"Speech"

put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Celeste

Somnium

Master Intellectual (375)

Master Hunter (370)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipDouble MasterThe Ooze Participant
05-31-2022, 05:18 AM

Boredom was her new best friend. Both Kuroki and Cyanide had undoubtedly gone off to do whatever it was they were doing. Leaving her behind to be bored to death by a pack that really didn't care for anyone but themselves. So, she left on a little adventure. What better what to find some excitement other than leaving the pack's borders? It wasn't like she couldn't handle the wilderness on her own. She may be small, but she sure was mighty.

Heading south toward the Rio Grande, the long, silky hair extended from her lengthened tail drug slightly in the snow, leaving a faint trail to her whereabouts. Not a big deal, really, there weren't too many large predators out here. Cruising through the snowy brush with dainty steps and soft teal eyes watching her surroundings, she was stopped by the scent of another wolf. Freezing in her tracks, tucked away in the shadows, the horned girl watched the brunette until she too paused and looked in her direction.

Figuring no better time to introduce herself than right now as the girl called out a hello, Celeste plastered on her best friendly smile and stepped out from the shadows. "Hello, indeed," she murmured in her sing-songy voice that was maybe a touch deeper than the average female. "Perhaps I can be of some assistance? You appear a bit lost," Celeste's head tilted slightly to the side as her accented voice died on the chilly breeze twirling around them.

Celeste Akizora

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
05-31-2022, 09:31 AM

The woman stepped out, calling a greeting of her own. It left Wren to wonder if she hadn't spoken... would the other wolf be stalking her still? She shoved that away, too preoccupied with the arrival. It wasn't like they were being hostile anyway. "You could say that" she admitted hesitantly "I haven't been to this location yet. I'm new to Boreas, or whatever this whole realm is called." She grinned awkwardly, shaking her head with a laugh.

No use trying to hide it. If the woman could see that easily, it'd only be stubborn to keep up a ruse. "I'm Wren" she added, giving a nod of her head "and, uh, pardon me but you smell like that pack down south a bit more? I'm not scouting your land or anything. Just trying to fish. Can't seem to find a thin sheet of ice to break." Her eyes glanced back to the frozen river with a grimace. A scout this woman may be, so Wren might as well be upfront about intentions.

"Speech"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Celeste

Somnium

Master Hunter (370)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

06-02-2022, 08:25 AM

This stranger seemed awkward or nervous or both. As Celeste's small frame stood a few feet away, teal eyes regarded her with dim interest. Letting her lips lift at the corners with a small laugh leaving them, she nodded. "Ah, I'm not entirely well versed in all of Boreas either. Only been around for about a year," Celeste murmured in response as her gaze started to linger toward the frozen-over river. She indeed was a Scout for Ashen though so she surmised that she probably should spend more time getting to know the surrounding areas.

Another huff of amusement echoed from her chest as she gave the girl a curious look. "I'm Celeste and I don't really mind if you scout our territory. Ashen is a friendly pack and wouldn't dare harm a stranger without reason," she hoped her words would calm the worries of the girl, but if they didn't, oh well. Turning her attention back toward the river, she let her head tilt toward the side. This particular section wasn't the best for fishing. Having spent the last summer here most days fishing herself, Celeste turned her chin farther up where the water was more shallow and the ice thin.

"There is a better spot just up the river if you'd like me to show you. It'll be easy enough to break through just by tossing a rock at it," another smile brimmed along her lips as she let her lengthened tail disturb the snow around her with a few swishes.

Celeste Akizora

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-02-2022, 09:17 AM

Only a year here, compared to the ones born here. Wren hummed thoughtfully before a grateful nod was given. The information would be useful, along with the pack name that was given. Ashen. Sounded 'friendly', said Celeste. "I know some packs can be less than friendly" she replied with a shrug "so I didn't want to start anything that didn't need to be." This time she huffed with amusement.

But Celeste moved on to say she could show her a better place to fish. Wren's eyes sparked with interest, following her gaze. "That'd be nice, thank you" the brunette replied to her offer "fishing is better than spending energy tracking big prey around. Especially in winter." Spending energy on something that didn't need to be done... It was wasteful. And needless. She moved a bit closer to Celeste, indicating she could lead them.

"Speech"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Celeste

Somnium

Master Hunter (370)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

06-04-2022, 06:26 AM

Celeste glanced at Wren curiously when she commented that she didn't want to start anything. One could not start anything if they didn't cross pack borders, right? The girl seemed cautious and Celeste supposed she couldn't blame her for that. Being a lone female out here could mean death or worse. Brushing it off, the petite fae nodded in agreement that she would show Wren the better fishing spot. Smiling softly as she did, she started at a good trot in the direction up the river.

Feeling the warmth spread back through her body, she was glad for some movement. It wouldn't take long to get to the good spot though and in a few minutes, her dainty paws stopped her as she turned to look at the thinner span of water. Here, one could tell the ice was almost sheer and definitely wouldn't be strong enough to hold more than one wolf at a time. Approaching the edge as she looked for a rock, Celeste picked one up and quickly tossed it a few feet in. The rock made a sharp plunking noise as it hit the ice before dropping in below. "We can make the hole bigger if we're careful," she says as she glances over to Wren.

Celeste Akizora

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-04-2022, 11:55 AM

Wolves could be easily irritated. Wren knew from experience that sometimes you just had to exist to be hated. In her previous land, each wolf had a star aligned with their birth. The stars of the main constellation were viewed as holy, and she had been born under a 'bad sign'. Some other pack had decided to hate these wolves, and would even attack them if they knew.

So far, Boreas had been tame. She followed Celeste when moved off, watching the woman pick up a rock and throw it. Wren was concerned about sharp points around the ice getting into paws and pads. "We should make it bigger..." the woman commented, moving closer to the ice and slapping her paw on the edges to make a bigger hole. A silvery form was attracted by the noise.

On instinct, she hooked it and pulled the fat fish out of the water. She turned to Celeste and dropped it between them. "Here" she didn't know if the other woman was hungry, but it was rude to eat alone.

"Speech"
1/3 - hunt small prey (fish)

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Celeste

Somnium

Master Hunter (370)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

06-09-2022, 04:49 PM

Watching the brunette approach the ice with caution, Celeste waited a moment. It would be stupid if both of them stepped on the ice at the same time. Unlike other parts of the river, the ice coating on the top was thin and easily breakable. As the plunk of her rock faded and the noise of Wren's paw slapping the edges of the hole replaced it, Celeste took a few steps closer to her. Even as Wren hooked a fish and flung it onto the shore, Celeste. "C'mon now, can't take all the fun away from me," she teased with a wink as she slid her petite form closer to the hole. After a few minutes of waiting, she dunked her paw in to try and grab a fish. Surprised by how frigid the way was, she pulled back with a quiet squeal.

1/3 fish for fish

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-09-2022, 11:35 PM

Celeste was capable of hunting for herself but... "You showed me a good place to fish" Wren protested, even if the other woman was playing around "and you have a pack to feed. I'm just a vagabond, but I can help out with that if they don't mind it!" She huffed, puffing her chest out in defiance if Celeste was capable of arguing back. The brunette smirked though; she, too, was joking around. "come on, I'll show you a trick."

Wren leaned over the edge of the hole, dropping some thin drool onto the surface. Instead of using her paw as a beacon, the movements of the drool caught the attention of the fish who swam over to see what the hell it was. She smiled almost diabolically, hooking another fat fish and dragging it up to kill it. "It's gross" she agreed "but it works every time!" Dumb, stupid fish!

"Speech"
2/3 - hunt small prey (fish)

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Celeste

Somnium

Master Hunter (370)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

06-29-2022, 10:11 AM

It was pleasant to meet someone else with as much attitude and dishing abilities as her. "Vagabond, schmagabond, I'm sure someone will sweep you way in no time," Celeste huffed back, her aquamarine eyes winking one more in the girl's direction. "I won't deny any helpful tricks though," she cooed as she scooted over to give Wren space beside her and the hole. With a curious glance, she watched as Wren let a stream of drool dangle over the hole. In the next few moments, another plump fish was flopping on the snowy shore. "Impressive, let me give it a go," Celeste chirped before leaning over herself. Slowly dangling the drool over the hole, she waited for a fish to get close to the surface. Without hesitating, she swooped a paw down and grabbed it. Tossing that one onto shore, she let out a laugh. "Can't believe they fall for that!"

2/3 fish for fish

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-29-2022, 11:30 AM

She chuckled quietly, knowing she could scare the fish away with loud laughter. "They're stupid but tasty" Wren remarked as she hooked another sucker in. The silvery gleam of the scales caught the light before she bit the neck, ending its life "come spring, the rivers will be over-populated so we're doing them a favor doing this."

If they didn't, the fish could starve and burst from the water in waves of overbreeding. Then they'd be wasted in the sun, going bad as the bodies decayed and baked. No wolf would want to eat them then, unless desperate for food. She waited until Celeste was done fishing before collecting her part of it, bidding the Ashen woman farewell.

"Speech"
ooc; faded end on my part; post again to end it and collect skill points!
it's old lol

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Celeste

Somnium

Master Hunter (370)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

06-30-2022, 06:12 AM

Caught up in the excitement of trying the new method of fishing, she barely noticed the pile of fish they'd accrued. Leaning over the hole once more, Celeste let her drool dangle percariously. As the glob barely hovered above the surface of the chilly depths, her eyes lit up when a fish came swimming up. Quick as a lightning strike, Celeste dipped her paw in and hooked a claw into the gil of the fish. Scales flashed in the afternoon sun as she tossed it ashore. Clipping off her drool, she too went to end its life with a quick bite. Happy with their catch, she slung her part across a stick and bid Wren farewell.

3/3 fish for fish