Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-03-2022, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2022, 09:05 AM by Wren I. Edited 1 time in total.)
A howl for her new comrades.

She had tracked a lone male moose here in the woods, making sure that prey was close. She knew that most pack wolves didn't stray over borders. That they didn't like to be outside safety. Especially during winter months, when tensions with other packs remained high. Wren paced the location with smaller steps, not wishing to go too far. She was still getting a lay of the land.

She let the call settle in the wind. Some wolves would be out, surely? She couldn't exactly take on a huge moose by herself! Armada bred giants, so there was no harm in hunting one. The meat would feed more than a few folks for days. Wren's oceanic eyes sparked with light as footfalls came close. She grunted briefly in welcome, her tail swaying.

"Saw a moose in the woods. If you want to join the hunt, follow me." There was little else to say, considering any more words would spook potential prey. Wren turned and lead the party off.

"Speech"
ooc; first round ends june 6th. if we get more than six wolves, i'll up the prey to extra large!
introductions (1st), hunt (2nd) and final (3rd)
we hunt MOOSE (large)
put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Levi

Armada
Howler

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (245)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipDerby WinnerBy the skin of my teethPride - AsexualHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
The Ooze Participant
06-04-2022, 09:04 AM
Perched atop a sturdy branch, Levi's ears flicked at the sound of paws crunching through snow. He enjoyed the silence of this place, how the winter months seemed to both smother and amplify every sound that flitted to his ears. Sometimes he found himself missing the hiss of the waves, the lapping of salty water against his paws, but this place was fine. He didn't care enough to complain, if this was where his family chose then he would remain just the same. He was aware of the new face that had been recruited to the Armada and assumed this walker was them, he didn't recognise the pattern of her steps, cautious but keen. Like she had something to prove.

And sure enough, she called out for help. Beckoned a hunt and needed many paws on the ground, tooth and claw sharp enough to bring down a moose. He had plenty of both but rarely partook in pack hunts, left it to the bigger, bulkier of his kin. But if this newcomer truly needed help then he saw no reason to deny her, to show his face and shed some blood to pass the time.

Clambering down from his spot, he landed on all four paws. Like a cat and just as dainty. it didn't take long to locate the newcomer, soft and brown, with eyes like blue agate. Rolling his shoulders, he considered what he wanted to say, if anything. No one else had turned up yet, it was just the two of them. Two strangers with little in common. He shifted his stance, the cold seeping into his bones as the snow rode up to just below his knees.

"Moose huh? Do you know what you're doing?"
[Image: dZNVqTH.png]

Grimoire

Armada
Missing

Expert Fighter (200)

Expert Hunter (120)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

06-06-2022, 02:19 PM
His first pack hunt. Grimoire heeded the call and made his way swiftly. He was still new here and had yet to meet anyone other than Sirius. It was...strange...being surrounded by strangers now. Though he mostly stayed around his den in the caverns and went out to hunt alone, he hadn't exactly tried to be social just yet. He had been living alone for nearly his whole life after his parents died. Living as a hermit in the caves near the cove. Well, up until the bear had chased him out.

Now it was his turn to chase something down. The hunt was for a moose, and Grimoire couldn't deny the fact he was secretly excited to hunt something so big. Hopefully. He knew hunting down a moose was a big task, definitely more than what two or three wolves could handle. And judging by all the scents within Armada's territory, there should be plenty of members to help.

Approaching the location where he heard the call, his paws crunched in the snow, though he said nothing as he spotted the two wolves there. He flicked an ear to acknowledge them, though having lived a life without much social interaction, he found it difficult to start up any small talk.

Ruga

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
06-06-2022, 02:40 PM

Walking out to the woods with the intention of collecting more firewood, his plans were slightly interrupted when he heard a call from someone for a pack hunt. He hesitated since hunting wasn't exactly his thing usually, but he supposed if he was eating the food he ought to help get some of it from time to time. It wasn't like he wasn't a big, able body at least even if he didn't have the in depth know how that he was sure some of the other more seasoned hunters had. He diverted his path a bit till he spotted the group that was starting to gather with Wren, the woman he had helped with building a pin the other day. Well, since he was here he might as well join in.

He fell in next to the two other young men that had shown up—a larger brown-hued wolf with horns and a smaller black and flame-marked one that he was pretty sure was in Azure's brood. Somehow this move to the north was getting him more incorporated with the pack whether he had really intended to or not. He walked up just as the smallest of the group questioned if the woman knew what she was doing and he tossed the boy a glance, smirking slightly before he focused on following the lead of their hunt to wherever this moose was.

"Ruga Amanto"

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-06-2022, 05:59 PM
"Well if I don't, it will be my failure won't it?" Wren said this loftily, wondering if the lad would pull his weight or not. She moved around giants, knowing she had stopped growing and was dwarfed by them. Her mind already worked on what to do. "you and I will chase the moose" she added to the Prince, before her eyes locked on the larger wolves "you two will attack, block it. We'll converge on it and end it. If it escapes... Well, just make sure it doesn't." She hoped this worked.

She knew she didn't have rank to order someone around, but as a Stalker she had experience to organise a hunt. Wren gave a confirming nod, a soft smile, before rushing off. If the gold-black Prince came with her, she would quickly locate the moose. It was a young male, no antlers in winter months. Less hassle and less danger. She tried to make this painless for all the wolves involved, a vicious snarl escaping her lips as she dove at the moose.

It let out a bellow and turned away, inexperience with survival making it sloppy. She tried to drive it to the Dire wolves, snapping at its legs best she could.

"Speech"
ooc; second round ends june 10th.
introductions (1st), hunt (2nd) and final (3rd)
we hunt MOOSE (large)
put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Levi

Armada
Howler

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (245)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipDerby WinnerBy the skin of my teethPride - AsexualHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
The Ooze Participant
06-07-2022, 01:39 PM
Exactly. Levi had no intention of taking the fall for her, if things went wrong then this was her mess up. Not his. He rolled his shoulders in a shrug, done talking for now as the others trickled onto the scene. No one he'd really taken the time to get to know, but that suited him just fine, they didn't have to be cosy buddies to work together. Long as everyone knew what they were supposed to do it should work out, probably. Following Wren's lead, Levi moved through the snow with surprising ease as they narrowed in on the young moose. Its legs were long and ungainly, giving it an air of uncertainty as it stomped along, like it wasn't sure if it wanted to go this way or that.

Locking eyes with Wren, the pair were quick to make chase. Driving it along with the snapping of their teeth, Levi swerved to the side to avoid a hoof to the face but swiftly fell back into step. His sabres slashing along its ankle in a form of punishment, an eye for an eye sort of deal. With any luck the other two were in position, ready to receiving the fleeing moose with open arms. And mouths.

[Image: dZNVqTH.png]

Grimoire

Armada
Missing

Expert Fighter (200)

Expert Hunter (120)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

06-26-2022, 02:58 AM
One other had arrived to join them in the hunt, and with that, Wren explained the plan and their positions. He would be upfront with the reddish male, and that suited him just fine. He was among the bigger of the group, so this should work out just fine, right? When Wren moved, so did he. The chase began, and Grimoire's paws ate at the ground as he ran to get up in front of it. He snapped and snarled as he ran alongside the moose for a brief moment, and when he got along side by side with its head, he lowered his own head and thrust his horns towards the beast, scoring them along the side of its head which earned a bellow of pain.

That coupled with the hit it got from Levi, the moose was already on its way to going down pretty soon.

Ruga

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
07-09-2022, 05:58 PM

The plan the woman had for them was a simple and effective one. Her and the shorter of Azure's brood would chase the moose toward them and he and Grimoire would take it down. Easy enough. He and his partner were fairly large so it shouldn't be too big of a task unless the moose they happened to have found turned out to be a massive, fully grown male. They made their way toward their intended target and he and Grimoire took positions where the moose could be chased toward them. Wren and Levi certainly got the young moose moving and he shifted his position to be ready for it when it reached them. He wasn't typically a hunter by trade, but he could get by well enough and if nothing else he was effective at being a big wall of muscle.

Ruga waited till the moose had neared them and with Levi and Grimoire's hits to the moose making it stagger he saw an opening to jump in and do his work. He latched his jaws around moose's front ankle and jerked back, planting his paws to anchor himself and trip the moose. It was flung froward with the momentum and he let go as soon as he saw the long legged creature start to tumble so he wouldn't end up with an injured jaw or neck from the strain. It hit the ground with a heavy thud and he was quick to throw his weight onto its shoulder to keep it from being able to get up, leaving the window open for one of the others to make the kill.

"Ruga Amanto"

Grimoire

Armada
Missing

Expert Fighter (200)

Expert Hunter (120)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

07-09-2022, 06:43 PM
The wolves he hunted with were something else. They seemed to almost effortlessly hunt this thing, working as a team to bring the beast down. After he had raked its face with his horns, his partner had managed to grab a front leg and caused the beast to trip. He put a little more distance between him and the moose, just in case it decided it was going to fall on him or something. It fell hard to the ground, the wind knocked out of the beast. Ruga pinned its shoulder down so that it would be harder for it to get back up. Though it flailed in an attempt to get back on its feet, its efforts were futile. Seeing the opening, Grimoire lunged, teeth wrapping around its throat and he held on and bit down until the moose suffocated.

Its fight was over.