Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
05-31-2022, 09:58 AM

Wren let out a howl.

It was a call, not to arms but to dinner. She waited among the Tall Grass Plains, in plain sight. Her blue eyes swept around the location, waiting for others to come. She had tracked a bull moose to this location and needed help putting it down. About six wolves would do it, give or take. Some were more skilled than others.

But she wasn't going to get ahead of herself. First, they had to gather. They had to get the prey located again. She knew the bull moose would be weaker during the winter. It was alone, not with others too. So it'd be easier to chase and find. She had already used a trap to hinder its movements, weakening the steps. The blood from the trap was in the air.

Soon, the other wolves would come.

"Speech"
1/3 hunt x-large prey (bull moose)
ooc; first round by june 2nd
1st - introductions, 2nd - then hunt, 3rd round - then finish

put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Malachai

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

Pride - Gay (MLM)Samhain 2022All Oozed OutOoze ImmuneThe Ooze ParticipantMammoth Hunter
05-31-2022, 07:57 PM

Malachai and Grim were out, just out. Things had been very hectic in their lives recently and Malachai just wanted a chance to spend time with his boyfriend without a pack breathing down their backs. He didn't really have a plan though. Instead, he'd sort of just started walking, they were taking it moment to moment. The call for paws to help with a hunt echoed across the landscape towards them. Malachai grinned at Grimsahw. "Shall we?" He didn't actually wait for a response, instead, he gave his boyfriend a wink and raced off, a barking laugh pulling from his lungs as he did so.

They weren't so far as to make it a proper race, a brown woman appeared on the horizon and Malachai slowed. He approached her, openly sizing her up. She was smaller than himself or Grimshaw which wasn't really all that surprising. He gave her a small nod but offered no other voice, he wasn't exactly a sociable wolf but he'd pull his weight.

"Speech
Art by Asphodely
[Image: eqRWCiM.gif]
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Cloudburst

Avalon
Beta

Expert Fighter (205)

Expert Hunter (180)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Christmas 2019Treat 2019
06-01-2022, 03:18 PM

Life as a loner was getting harder. Especially with the fact he was getting older, he found hunting alone in the winter season was getting a bit more difficult on his own. He considered joining a pack, but...there weren't really any that he felt he'd fit into very well. He was an introvert. He had a hard time trusting packs after his brother had thrown his trust not once, but twice, and then there was the matter of his inner demon that had grown in strength. Though Cloud often clashed with his alter self, he had been able to get it under control over the years. Still...there were times that it just came out, but nowadays, it was generally during his hunts since he often avoided fighting so as not to accidentally severely hurt someone, or worse...

Hearing the call for a hunt, his ears perked up. The monochromatic male listened for a moment and determined it was something he definitely wanted to participate in. Sending his osprey ahead, he followed the bird's shadow until he came across an earthen she-wolf and a couple of others that had joined her. The two boys smelled of pack wolves, but the woman had the scent of a loner. He offered a nod to them but remained quiet as they waited for others to join them.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Gimli

Hemlock
Paladin

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (175)

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship1KIce Bridge ExplorerChristmas 2019Treat 2019
06-01-2022, 03:27 PM

Ah! The call for a hunt had reached his ears and Gimli was all too happy to answer! "Let's go Knut! They need our assistance!" He bellowed as he raced across the plains. The voice sounded somewhat familiar. Like he had heard it before...sure enough, when he arrived, he spotted the familiar she-wolf he had met days prior. "Ah! Miss Wren! It be nice te see ye again!" He exclaimed as he slowed his approach. He spotted the others in attendance, offering a nod and grin to each of them before settling near Wren. "What have ye got on the menu today, lass?" He asked inquisitively. If she was calling for a a crew, surely it had to be something good and big that she couldn't take down on her own.

"Gimli"||"Knut"

Ignis

"You become the monster you fear the most"

Insomnia
Hellhound

Master Fighter (635)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

UnderachieverLegendarySnake EyesLoserOoh La LaWinner
Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipOverachieverSocialiteCritical Observation!Critical Attack!
Ooh La LaScarredCritical Block!Dream WeaverAll Oozed OutDouble Master
Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31KVolcanoValentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019
06-01-2022, 06:29 PM
"Talk" Walk

The call for a hunt had sounded in his ears, and Ignis was not opposed to crashing the party. Granted, the call was open and calling for aid, but he didn't know who all would be there, assuming anyone besides him answered the call. Sliding through the grasses, he made his way toward the summoner. His companions followed along, though the palm cockatoo flew on ahead to see what was going on before Ignis arrived. Winter was hard as a loner, though the crimson male had little trouble surviving it.

Upon arriving to the location, he spotted the earthen female who he assumed had issued the calle, and a few wolves he did not recognize. Save for one...he flashed a knowing smile at Cloudburst. "It's been a while, brother." He teased. Though he knew Cloud hardly considered him a brother, but whether he liked it or not, they were both the spawn of Elias, and there was nothing he could do about it.

Ignis has a pair of Sika Deer antlers that are not depicted in his artwork (yet).
Ignis is unpredictable and may become violent with little or no provocation due to his "demon" schizophrenia inherited in his bloodline! Consider this your warning!
*Ignis' tail is docked, and his left ear has been torn away and now resembles a Battle crop style.

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

Dream WeaverSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipVengeanceUnderachieverDouble Master
OverachieverHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethOoh La La1KCritical Fail!
Critical Attack!The Ooze Participant
06-02-2022, 07:43 AM

Another day, another adventure. Spending more time outside of Habari was growing on him, even if he missed home whenever he did go out. But as he and his siblings were growing up, their mother spent more time doing her queenly duties. Heading south once more in hopes that he would cross paths with the girl who had a moon upon her forehead, he was caught off guard by a different familiar voice. The howl that rang out was an exciting one and he took no time in turning in the direction of the call. Even with the scents of other males, Ghoul still approached with a bland expression on his face. "Wren," he murmured before his ruby gaze glanced around to the others that he didn't recognize.

G H O U L

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-02-2022, 07:57 AM

They came. Six strong looking wolves. Two she already knew. Gimli and Ghoul. She gave them nods before addressing the others. "I tracked a bull moose here. It's already injured so it won't be so hard to bring down. Its back leg is bloody so follow the scent and we'll find it easily. We'll surround it, the biggest wolves near the front of it." And smaller ones in the back.

She waited for any questions or complaints before heading off. She leads them to the location of the prey, picking up the scent of blood and following it after a short pause. As they neared the bull moose, she dropped back to allow the larger wolves to take over. Wren dove for the back legs of the prey, snapping and snarling. The moose bellowed, alone and without help.

She hoped the others would be able to help take it down for good. All wolves needed to eat during the winter. Some smelt of pack, so she didn't mind giving an extra share to them.

"Speech"
2/3 hunt x-large prey (bull moose)
ooc; second round by june 5nd
1st - introductions, 2nd - then hunt, 3rd round - then finish

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Malachai

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

Pride - Gay (MLM)Samhain 2022All Oozed OutOoze ImmuneThe Ooze ParticipantMammoth Hunter
06-06-2022, 03:11 PM

Grimshaw decided to sit this one out, fine enough, personally, Malachai would have preferred to have his boyfriend at his side of course but hey, they were getting a meal out of this so he wasn't gonna turn the chance away, maybe he'd be able to sneak enough away for the two of them to have a nice meal together. Beyond that, though the man really wouldn't turn away any chance to show off, even to totally random strangers. More wolves would join them, Malachai watched each of them but otherwise did not offer any greeting, it seemed two of them knew their original caller, greeting the brown woman by a name... Wren. He was almost certain that that name would eventually get lost in his mind, unless he needed to he wasn't really concerned with most others.

He listened to the woman, nodding as she gave them each a role to play. He personally wasn't sure he wanted to take orders from anyone here specifically but he wasn't going to complain either. He was a larger wolf, it would put him right in the fray, and he was more than happy to be in the midst of the action. He had no questions and so remained silent, simply moving to follow the woman as she showed them towards the Bull. He did not wait for the others when it was clear that she was slipping back to let the bigger amongst them rush forwards. With a wide grin the Klein man burst towards the Bull, angling himself off to the left to take up the chase on the left side of the massive animal, penning it in between himself and whoever was brave, or dumb, enough to take up position on the Bull's right, they were right in the bludgeoning range of the massive Moose's impressive rack, but what was a hunt without a little danger. Malachai would dart in whenever he saw an opening, harrying the poor thing by snapping his teeth near its left forelegs and shoulders before bouncing away to try and outrun those impressive weapons on the Bull's head.

"Speech
Art by Asphodely
[Image: eqRWCiM.gif]
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

OverachieverHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethOoh La La1KCritical Fail!
06-07-2022, 01:46 PM

The youngster listened to Wren's words as the other males gathered around. Surely with this much testosterone and muscle, taking down one bull moose that was already injured would be simple enough. Not a single word left his own lips as he waited out the silence in case anyone else had an opposition to the plan. Thankfully, Wren appeared to be a good leader. Picking up his own pace to follow the brunette through the plains toward the coppery scent of trailing blood, Ghoul's ruby eyes lit up at the sight of the massive bull.

When the darker coated dire pulled ahead to aim for the left front, Ghoul took this as his chance to move around toward the right. He wasn't nearly as large as the other males, but he would be close enough. With enough power moving beneath his skin, Ghoul darted in and out as well. Helping pin the bull moose in a straight line, pushing it farther and farther as his teeth snapped at the right ankle and shoulder. Making careful to barely dodge out of the way of the moose's rack, Ghoul found enjoyment in the danger.

G H O U L

Gimli

Hemlock
Paladin

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (175)

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship1KIce Bridge ExplorerChristmas 2019Treat 2019
06-11-2022, 01:35 AM

He listened to Wren's brief plan about their hunt, and while his pride wasn't happy about not being at the forefront of things, he knew better. He was the smallest of them here, so despite his strength, being at the front would do them no good. He'd follow the plan, of course. Big wolves at the front and smaller wolves at the back. The dwarf followed Wren and followed her lead, barking and snapping and snarling at the bull moose's heels while the larger wolves took point. He hadn't chased down such a large beast in a long time!

He almost forgot how exhilarating this could be! The last time he had chased down something this large, was when he had briefly stayed with a mountain clan of wolves that had allowed him to join in on the hunt in exchange for some supplies. He couldn't wait to get a piece of meat from this catch and smoke it later.

"Gimli"||"Knut"

Cloudburst

Avalon
Beta

Expert Fighter (205)

Expert Hunter (180)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Christmas 2019Treat 2019
06-11-2022, 01:43 AM

He was surprised to see that Ignis had shown up. He hadn't seen the red male since Incendium had disbanded, but he was even more surprised to see that his half-brother was no longer completely crimson, but bore markings of orange, black, and white. He didn't know how that change came about, but then again should he be surprised after all the strange things that happened? The Long Nights certainly cemented in his mind that anything was possible...

He ignored his half-brother and instead, turned his attention to the she-wolf that had called the hunt. She explained a brief plan, and almost immediately everyone got into motion. While Wren and Gimli chased its heels and the other two ran at its shoulders, Cloud raced ahead to the front in an effort to slow it down, though kept a pace to where he would remain out of range of any kicking hooves or flailing antlers. He checked behind his shoulder frequently to ensure the bull moose didn't get too close. But at least this way, it was pretty much penned in with no means of escape.

"Speak"||Osprey

Ignis

Insomnia
Hellhound

Master Fighter (635)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipOverachieverSocialiteCritical Observation!Critical Attack!
Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31KVolcanoValentines 2020
06-11-2022, 01:49 AM

He couldn't help the small grin at the fact that Cloudburst had ignored him. He knew his reputation wasn't that great but did he care? Nope! He was in it for himself nowadays and didn't give a single flying fuck about what anyone else thought and hadn't for a while. He listened to the she-wolf's plan and followed along with it. After all, why not right? The two smallest took up the back, and the other two strangers took up the sides. Cloud had decided to take up the front, so Ignis opted to join him, though hung back a little bit. He raced alongside the moose just behind and off to the side of Cloud, snarling and snapping towards the bull's nose. His cockatoo companion dove in and out, pecking and scratching at the bulls face in an effort to distract, confuse, and disorient it further, while his wolverine ran along in the back with the two smaller wolves.

"Speech"

Ignis has a pair of Sika Deer antlers that are not depicted in his artwork (yet).
Ignis is unpredictable and may become violent with little or no provocation due to his "demon" schizophrenia inherited in his bloodline! Consider this your warning!
*Ignis' tail is docked, and his left ear has been torn away and now resembles a Battle crop style.

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-11-2022, 11:14 AM

Little needed to be said in the thick of things. Especially a hunt such as this. Wren had split seconds to check how everyone was doing before it began, and ended. The bull moose was dead as a result. Who cared who made the killing blow? Perhaps it was a combination of all the snapping and biting? It was done within half an hour. The moose lay dead, bleeding out from various wounds.

"Good work, everyone" Wren stood by Gimli in the end, huffing and puffing from the effort "take your pickings; you all earned it." Then they'd begin, to make sure everyone had a fair take of the massive beast. By the time it was over, everyone did. Wren would leave the location with her own share, content to dry it and keep it for later.

But perhaps it would be the last time she hunted with wolves such as these. Who knew? Only time would tell.

/exit

"Speech"
3/3 hunt x-large prey (bull moose)
ooc; wrap! exit for skills
3rd round - finish

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Ignis

Insomnia
Hellhound

Master Fighter (635)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

06-24-2022, 01:50 PM
Between the whole group of them biting and attacking the bull moose, it had finally fallen. Weakened and surrounded, the wolves tore at it until it lay bleeding and mangled in the dust. Since the earthen she-wolf was the one to call the hunt, he waited until she called an end to it before he moved up to take his share. He didn't take a whole lot, didn't need more than a few pieces. He simply took what he wanted and needed before nodding to the she-wolf and the others, stuffing his share in a temporary pack before taking a few scraps of its pelt so he could make something out of it later before walking off. He wasn't feeling up to being more social than what the hunt demanded, and he had other affairs to attend to in his own life.

With his spoils tucked away, he cast a final grin at Cloud before departing. "Until next time!" He called over his shoulder, referring more to future hunts.

-exit-

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

06-29-2022, 10:26 AM

Partaking in such a large hunt made taking down the moose all the easier. Even with a few scrapes and bruises along his shoulder from the moose's rack, Ghoul continued to wear down the large beast. Staying close to the bull's shoulder, Ghoul bite and swiped his paws until blood splattered him all over. Minutes went by until the rasping breath of the moose echoed through the forest. Its life eventually left its eyes as he moved out of the way. Watching it fall to the floor, he took a few steps back. Smirking to himself, he knew mother would be proud if he brought back a good chunk of meat. Taking his own piece, Ghoul dipped his head to the others before disappearing in the other direction.

G H O U L