Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-11-2022, 02:14 PM
Small food wasn't going to feed the giants of Armada, but Wren had  other ideas. She was practicing her agility and endurance, so she might as well hunt something she could easily take down. Spotting a flash of black against the snow-covered ground, she spies an arctic hare. Her blue eyes focus on the small critter before a burst of speed propels her forward.

There is no need to track it for too long. It smells her. There is little cover here for her brown coat. The hare spots her and darts off. She zips after it, paws and limbs flailing in rhythm as she proceeds to chase. Wren barely registers the other being until they're almost colliding with her. She grunts in warning, paws skidding against the snow as she veers off. The hare pauses briefly, staring openly with beady eyes before taking off.

Wren doesn't give a shit about the other wolf. She charges after the hare.

"she speaks"
1/3 - track and hunt small prey (arctic hare)

put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Edelweiss

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

Pride - Bisexual
06-12-2022, 07:29 PM

The pounding of feet. Edelweiss followed it, almost colliding with a brown wolf who barked a warning at her. She had one second to blink before charging after the hare that almost slipped away from them both. She grunts, racing and yelling out a quick word to the other to corner it. The girl sees the brunette dash to the right, trying to overtake it.

Edelweiss continues the pursuit seemingly alone. With the other ahead of the rabbit and her, there is little else to be done. Panic rises in her chest a few times as the hare darts off course, but she speeds up and snaps at it to correct it. The girl takes a chance and bites at it's hindquarters, making the prey panic and flail. It jumps over a log and goes directly at the brunette.

She slows her pace, panting. It was now or never! Hares could be tricky with just one wolf, let alone two. She waited to see if she was needed again, slowing near the kill scene.

"she speaks"

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-12-2022, 07:34 PM
Wren noticed the pale girl joining the hunt. She growled in response, her focus entirely on the hare as it darted away. If they didn't work together, the prey would escape. She charged after it, leaping and weaving over and under fallen logs. Her eyes entirely on the kicking backside, she veered to the side and began to race ahead. Her aim was to keep it nervous with the pale wolf, too nervous to focus on the brunette.

She'd cut off the escape. Simple as that. Skidding to a halt, she saw the girl chase the hare toward her and slow. The prey assumed it lost the other wolf, eyes flying open in shock as it looked at the larger woman. It gave a final squeal before it met jaws. Blood sprayed the forest floor, and Wren felt accomplishment again. The only thing to do next was divvy up the prey between the two females.

And she hoped nobody was hurt about it. Wren needed more since she was in a pack.

"she speaks"
2/3 - track and hunt small prey (arctic hare)

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Edelweiss

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

Pride - Bisexual
06-12-2022, 07:38 PM

Edelweiss was not a big talker. She rarely spoke or gave advice unless asked.

She saw no point in scolding or opinions. The kill had been messy, but she knew that it was better than letting the prey escape. She walked toward the brown hued woman, a chirp of acknowledgement escaping her lips. She watched as the other slew the rabbit and began to wordlessly separate the food for both of them.

The girl accepted the pieces given. She silently dipped her head, said a soft 'thank you' before leaving the pack wolf be. She should head back down south, escape the cold and blizzards. Or she could toughen it out and see Ghoul later focus on her own survival. Either way was fine with Edelweiss. Though the latter was more profitable. /exit

"she speaks"

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-12-2022, 07:42 PM

"Thanks" Wren would say once the kill was over and the meat divided up. The girl would leave with little said, taking her share and accepting the smaller portion. Upon a time, she was also a vagabond. Now she had a pack, hopefully, that had her back. She watched the other wolf leave, licking blood from her lips and plucking the hare from the earth.

The kill had indeed been messy and panic-based. Wren hadn't known if the girl would want to kill the hare herself or just chase it. She also didn't know if a fight for the food would be a result. So Wren killed it in panic, letting the hare fall in pieces on the earth. "Safe travels" she murmured to the girl, taking her pieces and returning to Armada alone. The other was already gone.

But Wren... felt peace in this final pursuit. As if a giant weight had been lifted, the wool from her eyes gone. She saw clearly now. Her skills had indeed improved. /end

"she speaks"
3/3 - track and hunt small prey (arctic hare)

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me