size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

OverachieverSamhain 2022Double MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
06-02-2022, 10:29 PM

Kotori had to admit it was somewhat irksome having so many happy people around him when his mood wasn’t matching theirs.  However, he did have a pretty awesome sister.  Not only had she done well for herself in her marriage but she took time away from her excitement to try and cheer him up.  He’d drank a bite of the wine that had been laid out and even if he wasn’t so lighthearted as some the wine did at least help the worse of tensions edge away.  

Thinking about having an awesome sister Kotori’s gaze spotted more siblings, those he hardly even knew.  Indigo and Asla, the first having not even been in the pack when he was born and the latter having left when Kotori was still a younger kid.  Both were mysteries for the most part and with a bit of wine in his belly and still welcoming a distraction he decided it was time to say hello to the family he hardly knew.

Kotori didn’t generally go meet up with wolves he hardly knew to start up chit-chat usually but this seemed an exception.  “Asla, Indigo,” Kotori greeted the two, “It’s been a good while.”  His words kept polite and respectful.  He didn’t know how to feel about either of them but they were Fatalis so until he knew them better they got the benefit of the doubt in deserving respect.  The boy did have a faint memory of Asla being the reaper who had helped fight against the giant wolf monsters way back when he was a small child.  So, she was at least a solid warrior and competent leader.  The memories of a child though are surely flawed in what is absorbed.  Now he’d learn more about them as one adult to another.

"Kotori"

[Image: HMmbDEu.png]
 [Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_39.gif]

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
06-05-2022, 05:26 PM

"Aslatiel"

The reception was nice and awkward, just as Asla had expected. After paying her respects to the bride and groom with embarrassing sister kisses, Aslatiel had meandered off to the side of the big space to sit beside Indigo. Not ashamed of their closeness, the small fae seated herself between the large purple pillars that were his front legs and slid down to lay upon her stomach on the cool stone. She sipped a bit of sweet wine, conversing with her brother rather than mingling with others. No one bothered to come chat with them, which she expected.

Surprisingly, Kotori approached them both. Asla hadn't been close to her younger siblings at all when she'd been a part of the Armada. Aside from Briar, that was. Her antlered sister had made the effort then and Asla had quickly grown to like her. She hadn't had many run ins with Kotori, but she recognized him even though he was now fully grown. He looked good.

"Kotori," Asla replied with a nod. "How are you, little brother?" He had acknowledged them, so she would acknowledge him as family. It was only right. Asla patted the stone with one paw, inviting him to sit with them so that they could talk.

[Image: qnvtMu8.png?1]

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
06-16-2022, 02:21 PM
After everything was settled back down again he and Asla sat a little off to the side of the gathering, quite alone for the most part. That was mostly alright, it seemed like whenever everyone was together someone’s feelings were hurt. Maybe keeping his distance all this time had been a self preservation tactic after all. He spoke softly with Aslatiel, the event just cementing his knowledge that she was the only one he needed. She completed him, she was his other half, and he could feel whole when he was with her. No matter what had been lost.

Indy followed Aslatiel’s gaze and he found one of the younger Fatalis approaching. Indy knew Briar the best of his younger siblings, not that it really meant anything. He hadn’t seen much of his siblings in a very long time, and he tried to ignore the guilt in his heart. Indigo made a life outside of his family and he’d watched it crumble and burn around him, he wasn't eager to flaunt that fact.

”Feels more like a lifetime than just a good while.” He spoke almost regretfully, but kept his deep tones soft. ”Are you enjoying the party?” Indigo went on to ask with a raised brow, continuing the small talk.

Indigo Arcturus Fatalis

Warning: Indigo should be considered a Mature Character.

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

06-21-2022, 11:11 PM

With Asla’s invitation, Kotori made his way over to sit next to them.  They were his older siblings and in the past, he had only known Asla as an older and bigger sibling.  That much had certainly changed as his head was now well above hers when sitting.  Indigo, like many in their family, was just a bit taller than Kotori.  At one point the age difference had set them in different worlds as far as viewpoints yet now the younger Fatalis could meet them as equals.  

Kotori gave a small hint of a smile at Asla’s question, “It’s a nice wedding, and Briar was always my favorite to spend time with.” As far as he noticed none of his other sisters were in earshot but Kotori was hardly the shyest of speaking his mind.  It wasn’t as if he said he disliked the others after all.  It was sidestepping the question  He didn’t have enough of a relationship with these two to pine away at what was lost.  “A bit more wine will add a bit more to the day.”

There were questions he had for both of them and perhaps the first they would label as personal and thus unappreciated.  Maybe not?  “I have a question or two, I’m not sure if you’d label them as personal.” Kotori shrugged, “but I imagine after this party ends I won’t know if I’d get another chance to ask.  I want to know why you both left the pack.  I’m also curious as to where you have gone and what you do.” The questions weren’t judgemental or an attempt at rudeness but instead a sincere bit of curiosity.  His family name was important to Kotori and a desire to know these two had sprung up.  Hell, maybe it was just losing Iki he wanted to find something new of value, even if it was siblings instead of a mate.  Maybe it was just the wine bringing out a more social side of him.  

"Kotori Fatalis"

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
07-07-2022, 07:33 PM

"Aslatiel"

Kotori spoke of Briar having been his favorite and Asla chuckled. "Mine too, no offense." She hadn't known Kotori well, nor Aris. She knew Ophelia some and Gossamer a bit. Briar though had spent the most time with her. After their father lost his wits and attacked the antlered girl, she had stayed with Asla. It only made sense that they were the most familiar.

The young wolf then went on to speak again, stating that he had questions for them. The scarred fae lifted a brow and nodded. Their brother then went on to ask why they left the pack. It was a personal question, but not one that Aslatiel minded answering. "When our mother and Azure went missing, our father lost his mind. As Reaper, I held the pack together while he sorted himself out. I didn't receive any acknowledgement and I was pushed aside for Azure when he returned. Why should I continue fighting for a pack that wouldn't fight for me?" The fawn and grey woman shrugged. "So I took my children and left. We've made our own way with no one lording over us. They've grown strong and smart. More capable than most young pack wolves." Aslatiel was very proud of her children and the strength and smarts that they both had.

"As for what we do now," Asla looked up towards Indigo, "We're mercenaries of a sort. Right now we're part of Elysium, lending them strength. Though the leader has since recovered from her birth and we should be on our way elsewhere soon." After she tended to some business first.

[Image: qnvtMu8.png?1]

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
07-08-2022, 12:08 PM
Indigo gave an amused chuckle as Kotori and Aslatiel both claimed Briar as their favorite sibling. Of course, Asla held that title for him, but he didn’t give voice as the two of them continued speaking. Indigo listened with interest, he had little interaction with Kotori, but he would be given all of his focus in show of the respect he was willing to give his younger brother. Ko mentioned a bit more wine and Indy gave another hearty chuckle. He was a sad drunk, and no one needed that here so Indigo had abstained.

It was not just amusing banter, Kotori went on to ask the two of them a couple of questions. Not quite personal but sort of all the same. Indigo had no reservations as Aslatiel poke up first. Indy glanced away from both of them as she told her story, frustrated at the lack of recognition after taking the weight of the armada on her shoulders while their family struggled.

He felt Aslatiel’s galactic gaze on him and shifted his own blue eyes back to her beautiful features, giving her a crooked smile as she explained their current position. ”My story is a bit less complex. When the Hallows departed for Auster I went with them to follow my teacher Meadow to continue my training in healing.” He explained simply. ”Instead of returning to the Armada when I was done I stayed because it fit me so much better. I only left when I tried to lead my own band.” Indigo was honest, but he felt a pang in his heart when he mentioned the nomads. He had his heart’s content, but he still missed the scattered members.

Indigo Arcturus Fatalis

Warning: Indigo should be considered a Mature Character.

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

07-12-2022, 09:44 PM

It seemed Asla and Kotori both agreed on a favorite sibling.  There was certainly no problem with Kotori not being Aslatiel’s favorite.  It would have been a shame had it been him since they had no real knowledge of each other.  He mostly recalled her as being distant and being the reaper.  She had helped fight the giant wolves his first winter as well.  To Asla he would have just been one of several kids that she was apparently not interested in at the time.

Kotori hadn’t been blind to his father's suffering even if he didn’t know the full extent of it.  It was a time in life that Kotori didn’t care to recall overly.  He hadn’t been traumatized by overwhelming sadness but by a numbness that as a child he had no explanation for.   Then she’d come back and that had just caused more confusion in the young boy.  Certainly, a time period he’d rather forget.

Ignorant and naïve as children are, the boy that he was hadn’t worried overly about how the pack would handle his father’s absence or the work that would be tossed on another’s shoulders.  Was it fair to push Asla aside for Azure?  Was there a reason for it?  It was a thing done and over with now and he imagined each side had its own viewpoint.  Regardless, Asla felt she’d been wronged.  If Kotori had been cheated of something he felt was deserved he’d have reacted also.  “I don’t recall the pack falling apart nor worrying about it so I imagine you did a good job.  I was too naïve at the time to really think on it.”

Kotori listened to Indigo, curious of the brother he even knew less than he knew of Asla. “It seems our family has a good number of healers in it.  Other than Briar all my sisters went into the healing art.  I tried it at first when I was young but I found it boring.  Hunting is much more fun.”  Focusing on killing for food instead of focusing on healing.  Kotori liked his other two brothers so would he of enjoyed this one as well had he stayed?

Kotori nodded to Asla’s words of leaving and how it had helped her children grow strong.  “After that ‘mess’, a time after that I was feeling lost.  I roamed a lot to find my own identity outside of the pack so that I wouldn’t be swayed by others’ viewpoints.  I needed to hear my own mind and find new experiences, see the larger world versus one small spot of it.” It had been when roaming he had run into Iki.  

A family roaming as mercenaries?  That didn’t sound bad at all.  That could just be an aching heart wanting to escape more than truly wanting something of the kind.  The wine was helping though, and this distraction.  Roaming about with family and offering strength.  Would that make him happy?  It didn’t quite fit the picture he’d set for himself though.  He’d have to decide what his dream was going to shape into now.

"Kotori Fatalis"