Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-16-2022, 01:05 PM
Sometimes she liked to go near the water.

It was a familiar friend. Somewhere she could be alone with her thoughts. Wren paced up and down the Bay, not really doing much of anything right now. She had mastered her skills enough as a hunter, so she would now focus on other areas. There was so much to do, and so little time - at least, it felt like that. She was only two years of age and it felt like the weight of the world was on her shoulders. Granted, she always made herself feel like that.

With the North at her back, she figured she might as well explore. The brunette had come here weeks prior, meeting a wolf from Habari. Medusa was in Habari as a slave. Then there was Ghoul, also Habari. She didn't know how Armada felt about them, but she could talk to Sirius about Medusa's treatment. Sigh. It felt like she couldn't do anything for her ally but talk. The waves rolled in and out and she stopped near them. The cold water tickled her toes.

For now, she was at least alone.

"she speaks"

put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Voodoo

Loner

Intermediate Fighter (40)

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Kingpedle

Samhain 2022Pride - Lesbian
06-16-2022, 11:41 PM
LOVE ME MORE THAN YOU POSSIBLY CAN

She'd never been to a beach, something about it was exciting. The feeling of sand against her toes wasn't quiet like any other terrain. She felt like a pup exploring the outsides of the den for the first time. Voodoo had not been bitter that most of her life had been spent within Habari's borders. In fact she was still happy her birth packs scent clung to her pelt alongside Abaven that was slowly seeping in. She needed to get away - after visiting the plains the bay had been the next stop. After all plenty of winter herbs could pop up on shore if she knew where to look. Yet what she found was another wolf nearing the water. A scent washed over her and Voodoo relaxed. An armada wolf... Curiosity tugged at her. Silas had been her mothers guard or so she had heard. Voodoo had never met her mothers side of the family nor her fathers. She was a klein though and now that she had freedom something told her she had the right to information.

"Greetings. Are you not afraid of the water?" Looking out Voodoo felt a sense of slight danger. She surely wouldn't like to be pulled out into the sea. Voodoo took a few more steps before sitting curling her dark tail around her legs. "I'm Voodoo Klein. It's a pleasure to meet you." she felt at ease. An Armada wolf would never think about harming her. Not especially if they heard she was Deathbelle's daughter. At least... that's what she hoped in this case.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-17-2022, 08:00 AM
Wolves who gave their surnames were proud of their family name. Wren glanced at the young woman but did not respond right away. She always felt it was ego to give one's surname when introducing each other. Like you were supposed to know them. She may be in Armada, but if the woman thought or assumed she'd know who the Kleins were... She was mistaken. Nobody had even told her. Still, it was a big bonus that they spoke to Wren and not someone else. Someone dangerous. She was not dangerous.

Not unless provoked. "Wren" she replied "water is like anything else. Can be dangerous if not respected and understood" Especially the ocean "but I can swim strongly. So I'm not worried." She shrugged, reminded unhappily of her days spent at the edge of her former pack's cove. Wren looked down at the tickling toes before backing up, shifting her body to face the other woman. Outside of the black-white coat that some others sprouted, Wren knew she didn't know Voodoo before now. No matter. That's where introductions and small talk came into play. Too bad she sucked at the latter.

"she speaks"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Voodoo

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Kingpedle

06-23-2022, 10:24 AM

Voodoo had once thought being a Klein meant something, these days not so much. Her mother had always thought it polite and Voodoo had intended to be polite. Subconsciously she shifted on her paws watching the water lap up the young female's paws. Voodoo's ears flicked and she smiled looking at Wren. "You think you could teach me to swim?" her purple eyes widened and glittered. Normally she was very calm but for some reason the thought of bonding with a wolf outside of her home pack seemed appealing. Plus with a swallow she was taking note of Wren's mannerism she could use them later on for when she tried to interact with other wolves.

"I was raised inland I didn't leave my home packs lands much don't know why so there's lots to explore and get to know. Even if I just turned two." Voodoo gave a shrug settling back down as she didn't want to seem childish with her antics. She was no longer a pup and getting overly excited about a swimming lesson probably wasn't the best idea. Voodoo took one step into the water shivering for a moment before the water warmed over her paw. How fluid, she'd drank from rivers and streams and ponds but never really swam before.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-23-2022, 11:41 AM
Wren could not help but blink. The young woman wanted to know how to swim? She even seemed happy about it. Most wolves didn't know, nor cared to know. They went their whole life without swimming in the water. It seemed sad, to deny themselves this happiness. There was so much to learn in the world, but they picked and chose. "You don't have to justify yourself" she said to the other with a chuckle, shaking her head "if you want to learn, you want to learn."

She, too, moved to the water. The water lapped gently around her ankles now and she took to measuring the depth before moving out more. While Wren was a strong swimmer, Voodoo was not. She didn't feel like saving anyone today, even if she would. "Follow me until the water gets halfway up your body" Wren instructed the other, a bit sternly "if you've never swum before, we'll work on getting you comfortable first." She only spoke a bit harshly because she didn't want Voodoo to chew off more than she could eat!

Wren began to move further out, only stopping when the waves tickled her belly.

"she speaks"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Voodoo

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Kingpedle

06-23-2022, 01:08 PM

Excitement bubbled inside of her when the wolf agreed. Voodoo was ready to protest and make her point as she always found herself doing. However, Wren almost made Voodoo feel at ease again. It had been a long time since anyone had taught her anything that was the whole point of her going to Abaven. Her mother had taught her most of the things she knew and she had learned some from Eraithus but she was a self taught healer and her interaction with her birth pack was few and far between for the most part. It was important to her to try and start to make a mark about whoever she was.

Carefully she waded into the water next to Wren startled slightly by the feeling of it tugging at her monochrome fur. It felt like some of her weight had lifted her paws pressing into the wet soil as it engulfed her paws. Panic was not in her nature, carefully she pulled her paws up making sure to tread them more lightly as to not get sucked into the sand again. Soon the water lapping at her belly she looked at Wren. "It feels like another beast." she exclaimed with a soft laugh. Her body swayed slightly with the waves but the feeling was welcome.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-23-2022, 01:18 PM
Wren looked at Voodoo's paws under the water, critical but kind. When the young woman lifted them and began to churn, she gave a nod. Approval. "Swimming takes a lot of stamina and endurance. We don't sweat in the water, not really, but you can feel exhausted right away when you get out" she instructed carefully "it's important to take it slow and never panic. A lot of the time, you can get yourself out of your own mess." Such was the way of life.

She lifted her own legs and began to churn, wading out a bit deeper without fuss. She began to circle Voodoo, taking stock of her form, feeling a weight lift. It had been too long since she swam. "And if you feel heavy, remember we can float" Wren added, rolling onto her back and letting the water keep her up. She did churn her back legs to keep afloat completely though "especially lighter wolves" with her neck submerged, her head was the only thing visible "I won't let you go out further, but maybe next time..."

A regular occurrence? Maybe. She was offering to meet up with Voodoo again. Basilisk couldn't be her only friend in the world. She had Medusa too, and for once... She had friends who were girls. Forever the tomboy, she felt more at ease around males but... If she wanted to one day have a partner, she couldn't exactly be 'one of the boys'. Didn't men like their women more... girly? Even Voodoo seemed more feminine than Wren.

"she speaks"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Voodoo

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Kingpedle

06-24-2022, 12:51 PM

Something was oddly relaxing about all this. Voodoo felt like she was weightless as she began to wade a little farther out making sure to stay near her new friend just in case something happened. She couldn't help but to laugh feeling the water push underneath her paws and her body well it was indeed floating. Voodoo listened carefully as she swam around in a small circle. Letting the waves lap against her fur and her necklace that floated above. The golden jewels embedded in the canine teeth were glistening in the sun. She stopped only slightly kicking her back legs as she floated just a few inches from Wren telling her not this time that they would be going any further.

"I...I'd love to do this again sometime." she embarrassingly sputtered out. It had taken her a moment but Wren was just so....beautiful. Those flowing brown locks made Voodoo have to clear her throat. She had never been one interested in romance not in the slightest however she never though it would be females who would be catching her attention. Wasn't she fated as a princess to marry a prince of some sort? Not that she cared about that. Carefully she swam back to the shore feeling the heavy feeling that Wren had said when she stepped off. Voodoo shivered trying to shake some of the water free.

"I didn't mean to sound so eager, it's just. This was nice. I've never really talked to other wolves outside of my family. It's nice to get to know someone else." she grinned at Wren wagging her tail slightly and hoping that the feeling was mutual.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-24-2022, 01:21 PM
She didn't laugh.

Wren never tried to laugh at people expressing themselves. She always laughed at herself when doing such a thing, so it was easy to accept awkwardness from others. Instead, she smiled, rolling back to her front expertly in the water. "I get it" she said carefully "not personally... I never had much of a family experience. But I've been around my pack enough to know they're close, family-wise. It's easier to slip into, yanno, comfort than branching out." She sighed and began to lead them back to shore.

"But, heck yeah. Swimming lessons and hanging out" the brunette laughed now, shaking the water from her fur half-heartedly. She liked how it felt after so long on the road, the weariness setting in along with the familiarity "I'm from Armada, but I think you knew that" Sirius didn't seem the sort to keep himself and his pack secluded. Voodoo had approached rather confidently too like she knew that Wren wouldn't mess with her "you'll have to name the whole of your family next time." She added as a joke.

So maybe their packs had an alliance? Who knew. "I'm beginning to think that this place has a ton of old families. I'm the odd one out." She flashed Voodoo an awkward grin.

"she speaks"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Voodoo

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Kingpedle

06-24-2022, 10:47 PM

Voodoo's fur fluffed out and it took her a moment to realize how much she actually had grown. She was no dire wolf but her thirty eight inches had bode well for her. She suddenly had become aware of the young thin muscles beneath her pelt. She never did have the chance to train as a fighter she had resigned herself to healing and thus gathering herbs and the such didn't build the bulk that some others had. Her thoughts trailed as she returned her attention to Wren smiling as she responded. Why had she been so embarrassed! Voodoo realized that she was growing a bit fond as she sat down and nodded her head to the girl.

"Yes, I'm actually from Habari Recluse was a part of the Armada I believe before she created Habari... it was that or Ashen I can't remember." Voodoo tilted her head. Boy she wished she had been more keen on her family history. Voodoo looked at Wren and blinked, odd one out? "Maybe, but it's just because their ancestors are from these lands. Many wolves from all around the world end up here it doesn't make you less special." she shook her head. "My mother is Deathbelle Klein she was the founder of Ashen in which the Armada came from. Sirius used to be my moms personal guard, but I don't know anything past that I never met my half siblings in Ashen I caught a glimpse during a tournament but that was it." oh boy she had talked too much. Voodoo cleared her throat and looked away her heart pounding against her chest. Is this what... friendship felt like? Why was she so nervous about how much she said?

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-24-2022, 11:16 PM
Wren's lip twitched with controlled amusement, sarcasm and annoyance. Not at Voodoo though. "My mother was a bitch" she seemed to want to joke about it, even if the pain was hidden "and not in the sense of a fancy pedigree" The brunette chuckled "Armada hasn't spoken much of Kleins, but they're keen to toss around Fatalis names." She resisted rolling her eyes, remembering Kotori's insistence he was called his full title. The others were fine though, Mortis and Basilisk especially. Obviously Sirius.

"It's probably hard being related to most wolves here" Wren continued "not everyone gets along, especially family" She spoke from experience on that "do you feel you have to tread lightly?" She wasn't curious, but she was sympathetic if so! "I actually want to make my own pack. Away from family names, titles... Everyone would be equal. At least, I hope so. Some wolves will cling to their name and the notoriety" she shrugged "I just want new wolves like me to feel like we belong. Like we're a part of the party, but also not invited to it."

She chuckled at that, more heartily.

"she speaks"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Voodoo

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Kingpedle

06-25-2022, 12:16 AM

Voodoo had always thought she needed the Klein last name to protect herself. They were respected and reveered but why? It wasn't as if she had ever met or ever would meet her queen sister. Well Voodoo mildly wished she was a true princess she looked at her necklace for a moment. Regal? Ah but her life had been changing recently. Her head turned to Wren as she spoke a mild grin growing on Voodoo's face. "Really! I would have thought Sirius would still hold the Klein name near. Err, or maybe it's because he's a fatalis a sworn guard of Ashen." Maybe she had it all wrong? Weren't the Ashen's sister packs meant to converge at their roots. Maybe not...

Voodoo looked at Wren and shook her head smiling softly. "I don't actually... I haven't MET half my family. I've only heard stories from my mother and well she began drifting from me when I was a yearling for her own happiness so. I kept to myself I learned some herbs and have been trying to forge my own path." She'd had an identity crisis with Recluse. When she had heard about Abaven's school considering her mother was not around to teach her she was hoping she could become a good healer and she could dabble with her poisons on the side.

Then her eyes glinted at what Wren said. It sparked something in Voodoo but she was too embarassed to say. "That sounds like an amazing idea." she nodded. The wolf's tail twitched a little nervously. She didn't know what direction her life was moving in. She'd felt less guilty lately. "Maybe... after my studies in Abaven. I could seek you out?" What was she saying! "It's not a promise, but I do wonder where my life might take me. Not with my mom's last name, just being able to feel things out and like you said. 'Like we're a part of the party, but also not invited to it.'" Voodoo smiled at her new friend.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-25-2022, 12:36 AM
She laughed at Voodoo's response. "I think my alpha likes to give people a chance regardless of their surname. Maybe cause he had been a servant? Either way, I've always liked to do that too. He's... been teaching me some things. Mostly confidence lessons, if I have to be honest" she smirked "it's mostly his kids or his grandkids that take it oh, so seriously!" Basilisk and Mortis excluded from that, of course!

The idea of a potential budding healer joining her pack was exciting. But she knew not to get all her eggs in a basket... Not right away! "You'd be welcomed in my pack, Voodoo" she confirmed "and if not, we can still be friends. One day you'll be a great healer; any pack would be lucky to have you" And Wren wasn't saying that to butter the woman up; she truly believed in folks "it'd be nice to have a wolf around who can tell me more about Habari and Abaven."

Alliances, friendships... Anything. Habari had a sour taste due to Medusa's slavery though.

"she speaks"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Voodoo

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Kingpedle

06-25-2022, 12:58 AM

Oh she had so much to think about now. It really was funny how a chance interaction might have turned out like this. It left Voodoo feeling more satisfied than she had felt in her apathetic life. Then again though she felt a sense of guilt. Was she a pretender she was no good wolf she was convinced. Then again hadn't she been burying those memories and they were long since gone. The eternal night was forever ago. When Wren said it Voodoo had realized something. Her entire childhood she had imagined such grandure. She had imagined a queen with her guard loyal as could be. Yet in reality that was all fantasy. Yet Voodoo didn't mind! Wolves of their own free choice was how she had been raised and she would keep it that way.

"He sounds like a good man." she mentioned for a moment before listening to Wren finish. A chill ran through her for a moment. A Spy? No that was dumb, she buried the feeling immediately. There was no harm in wanting to know about the local packs. After all Voodoo hadn't even known Habari's secrets, that was all kept from her. "That's flattering." she coughed a bit after all she enjoyed the feeling of being praised she couldn't help it.

"Yes I really do want to meet again. Perhaps I can teach you a thing or two about healing." she jested. After all not everyone had the affinity to it. "It's easy and I can teach you how to make an annoying wolf sleep peacefully if you need it." Her thoughts drifted to Eraithus who had continually asked questions until Voodoo forced the sick man down. She was joking though, that sounded weird didn't it?

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-25-2022, 01:06 AM
As if she could read Voodoo's thoughts, or knew how it sounded... Wren quickly shook her head. She smiled weakly. "Alliances, nothing more" she added "I don't plan on making enemies, or knowing more than I should. People are allowed to keep their business to themselves" She frowned now, recalling Medusa's mistreatments. Surely as an alpha, she could barter for her freedom? "I don't plan to use spies. I want... friends. As lonely as that seems."

It seemed the right time to go back to Armada. Wren shook the remaining droplets of water before angling herself north. "I know where Habari is" she added over her shoulder "once you finish your studies, I'll ask about you there. I have an acquaintance there, Ghoul" Unaware she was his cousin "I think he's the alpha's kid" But she forgot the details for sure "and if you need to come to me sooner, come to Armada if you can." She flicked her tail in farewell, heading off.

"It was nice to meet you! Hope to see you around soon." /exit

"she speaks"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me