size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - PansexualSamhain 2022TeacherDouble Master1K
06-10-2022, 01:13 AM

Ricin feels out of place. As the blue boy sets up his table of items, he ponders the task that Manea had given him. The boy loves his Alpha and her family and would do anything that they asked of him… which has led him here. A couple new faces have joined the ranks of the Elysium pack and the purple leader had asked Ricin to ‘motivate’ the healers of the pack. The boy had wondered what the heck he was supposed to do to help and had finally come up a solution. The answer; group bandage wrapping. Pulling another roll of lien from his supply pack, the blue wolf lines it up next to the rest that crowd the tabletop.

He has gone to great lengths to try and make the meeting place comfortable; picked out a large cave where a fire could be built near the mouth to keep the occupants warm, laid out large plush furs for his students to sit on, and even left a few coats near the back for anyone who gets cold. A few torches also line the wall so that the group will have adequate lighting and jugs of water sit next to stacked bowls by the coats. The fire crackles happily in the winter air, casting dancing light inside the cave.

Taking a step back, the blue boy counts the number of lined up lien rolls and is satisfied that there will be enough bandages to cover every square inch of his body. Stepping to the mouth of the cave, Ricin tilts his head and releases a summoning howl for the healers he has been assigned. With that done, he moves back behind his table and settles onto his own plush fur. He greets each wolf as they enter and, once they are all settled, he says, “Hello everyone! Can anyone tell me what they think today’s lesson is on?” Brows lift in cheerful anticipation he waits for his class to answer.

"Ricin Dauner"

Keelin

gems
size
build
player
06-14-2022, 06:14 PM
Keelin didn't quite know how to feel about being assigned a lesson with some of the other healers in the pack, but now that Merrick was no longer in critical condition she was running out of excuses to not fulfill the instruction he had given her a while ago to get to know the pack and its members better. This was certainly an opportunity to do that so she didn't put up too much of a fuss. She was always eager to do things that would make Merrick happy if nothing else so when the call went out for her and the others to gather for their assigned lesson she went to the cave that had been set up for them.

She was impressed by all the work and preparation that had been put into everything when she arrived. It was very comfortable and quite warm inside, enough so that she was able to slip off the fur cloak she had worn from her and Merrick's cave to this one. She folded it neatly beside her as she took a seat on one of the furs, eyeing the table laden with bandages curiously before giving the blue-hued young man that would be the leader of their lesson today a small smile. Once everyone else that they were expecting had gathered, Ricin started out the lesson by asking if they could guess what they were going to be working on. He was quite cheerful and it made her chuckle softly at his enthusiasm. "I'll take a shot in the dark and say bandaging," she replied in her usual smooth, soft tones, a slight smirk tugging at her lips as she looked at the piles of bandages again.

"Keelin"

Scylla

Obscura
Sovereign

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (270)

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Res

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
06-23-2022, 04:19 PM

Scylla was expected to learn things and grow or whatever so when she was offered to come to a healing class, she didn't turn it down. It didn't mean she was all bright and chipper though. Scylla was your typical, sulking young teen. She slid into the cave, eyes narrowing at the bright torches. There were already two wolves there, Keelin and some boy. As she moved past, she chose the fur on the far side of the group, settling down onto her belly. Her cousin arrived soon after and they began.

The boy asked what kind of lesson this would be and Keelin answered. Pretty obvious, really. There were bandages and things on the table. Scylla stayed silent, curled up and watching.

"Scylla"

Scylla should be seen as a very adult character who will indulge in acts that others may find graphic and uncomfortable. Steer clear if you don't like this sort of thing.
[Image: vF1xS6t.png]

Ikigai

Elysium
Queen

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2
06-23-2022, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2022, 04:28 PM by Ikigai. Edited 1 time in total.)
Ikigai was always glad to learn anything. It didn't matter who her teacher might be, or their age. She was a little surprised to see how young her current teacher was, but she didn't complain. The pallid princess entered the cave, nodding to each of the occupants before sitting on a fur beside her cousin. Marbled eyes rested upon the blue boy, lynx tipped ears swiveling forward to catch his words.

Being asked what the lesson was about, the brindled fae answered first. Ikigai nodded at her answer, looking again to the boy. ”Bandaging, wound care... splinting?” The young woman's silken inkbrush of a tail curled around her hip. The temperature in the cave was nice, she simply pulled it close by habit, thank you, Oki.
[Image: VsG8QnS.gif]

Satira

"Do not underestimate the power of the floppy ears!"

Obscura
Apothecary

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Joe

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantPride - Bisexual
06-24-2022, 12:15 AM
With much of her healing lessons stunted by the absence of her healer father, Satira had been left to either self teach herself or learn from any other sources of knowledge she could find. Fortunately, Elysium had a number of talented healers that she could glean some information from, and when she heard one of the younger members of the pack was teaching a healing lesson, she knew she had to attend. Expanding her own wealth of knowledge would undoubtedly be a boon for her family when they all eventually continued on their own way and left the pack. Satira didn't know any of the wolves of Elysium very well, but maybe this would be a good chance to get to know some of their temporary pack mates as well.

Following the directions she'd gotten from Manea, Satira arrived at the cave and found a much cozier atmosphere than she had been expecting. A warm fire kept the space warm and the winter chill out, melting some of the snow that had clung to her fur on her trip over. A number of medical supplies, including bandages, were laid out on a stone table before the gathered wolves. She offered a polite smile to the group, then locked her focus on the tall blue boy who was apparently the teacher for the day's lessons. Everybody else had pretty much guessed what the lesson would be on, so Satira just shrugged her shoulders and replied, "Uh, yeah, what they all said." She wasn't much for guessing games. She would much rather get right to the matter at hand.

"Satira"

Ricin

"Born In Suffering; Built with Love"

Elysium
Tracker

Master Navigator (240)

Master Intellectual (270)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

06-24-2022, 12:57 AM
As the group filters in, Ricin offers each wolf a friendly smile, thankful that Manea had informed of how who he would be teaching ahead of time. When he inquires as to what they think today’s lesson is about, Keelin is the first wolf to speak up. The brindled, scarred woman tosses her lot in with bandaging and the tall blue boy nods with a happy smile on his lips. Eyes turn to Scylla next, watching as the small, quiet slate form lays curled up on one of the furs. He is about to ask if she is alright when the black and white Ikigai speaks up, elaborates on Keelin’s answer. Ruby eyes slide over to her and he nods in agreement, a chuckle slipping out as Satira arrivals. The floppy eared wolf throws her lot in with the other two wolves and Ricin lets a short laugh escape.

With everyone present, Ricin finally moves out from behind his bandage laden table to greet his class. Warm, happy tones say, “Hello class! Thank you for joining me today. My name is Ricin and everyone is correct. Today you will be bandaging and splinting a patient… me!” A soft laugh fills the space as he says, “I will be assigning each of you a body part and a method. I want you to come up, apply the desired treatment and then sit back down. Do not remove your work, although if it is supposed to tight please loosen it… for my sake. Okay, ready to begin?” Crimson eyes sweep the others for a moment, waiting for them all to acknowledge him. With a sharp dip of his head, the blue boy moves to a fur that is laid out in front of the table.

As he settles down onto his belly Ricin says, “I was out exploring and slipped! You stumble upon me at the base of tall cliff, where several rocks jut out above. I am unconscious and cannot move. Since I cannot explain what happened, you all must assume the worst.” His gaze turns to Keelin and he offers her a small smile as he continues, “Keelin you will come up first. I want you to stabilize my neck. You have everything you need on the table.” A paw is thrust back to the table where, among the bandages, are various items they might need. Next, he looks to Scylla and says, “My front leg is broken with a bone sticking out through the skin. You will need to splint the leg and prevent any further blood loss.”  Next was Ikigai, “Ikigai, my back leg is sticking out at an odd angle. You must splint it.”

Finally, he turns to Satira and says, “My breathing is labored and, when you gently feel my ribs, there are a couple that give when they shouldn’t. You must wrap my ribs to help prevent a punctured lung during transit.” Looking over them all one more time as he racks his brain for any other information that Irilyth had given him to help with the lesson. Satisfied that he remembered it all, he adds, “Since you will be working one at time, I can shift and move for you. Just nothing big. Okay?” With that Ricin dramatically flops over onto his side and joyfully says, “Begin!”

"Ricin Dauner"

Keelin

gems
size
build
player
07-01-2022, 03:56 PM
With a laugh, Ricin introduced himself and confirmed their assumptions, letting them know that he was going to be the patient they would be bandaging. It would be more useful to have a live patient to practice on, even if she was already picturing him ending up in quite an amusing position with four healers here to bandage him—especially if he didn’t want them to remove their work as they went.

She snickered softly as Ricin went fully into the dramatics and gave them a full scenario to play off of, painting himself as someone who fell from a cliff. She was invited up first to stabilize his neck and then gave tasks to everyone else before flopping over and telling them to begin. She chuckled softly and went to collect some supplies.

Picking up a few sticks that were smooth and slightly pliable and a roll of bandages she went over to where Ricin was laying and started to carefully and gently shift his head and shoulders to that his neck was laying flat. She used the bandages and sticks to create a stiffened brace for his neck, making sure not to put the sticks over his throat and instead keeping them just to the sides and back. It should be enough to keep him from turning his head one way or another, but wouldn’t be too stiff or tight where he couldn’t breathe. Tying off her work she went back to where she had been sitting for the next student to proceed.

"Keelin"

Scylla

Obscura
Sovereign

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (270)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Res

07-02-2022, 09:57 PM

Scylla listened to the boy as he ran through his scenario. The slate girl rolled her eyes and sighed. Why were they playing pretend? If he really wanted them to learn, he'd go break a few bones. Granted, she'd probably just kill him and stuff him if she found him broken in the wild. Ah, but she had to play nice. Pack and diplomacy and make dad proud and all that crap.

Keelin did her business first, then Scylla trudged up to the front, grabbed some supplies, narrowed her eyes at the blue boy, then pretended to snap his bone back into place so that she could splint it with two wide pieces of wood which she then wrapped with the bandages. Yes... she tied them a little tightly just to be a jerk. Then she went back to her fur and tossed herself down with a huff.

"Scylla"

Scylla should be seen as a very adult character who will indulge in acts that others may find graphic and uncomfortable. Steer clear if you don't like this sort of thing.

Ikigai

Elysium
Queen

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res

07-02-2022, 10:04 PM

Iki watched Keelin first, then Scylla, wincing as the girl tied her bandages tightly. Then it was her turn and the snowy princess rose and made her way up to the front. Dexterous paws made as though to feel the bone and she explained aloud. "First, I would feel the bone to see if it's a break or a dislocation. Since we're assuming that this is a break, I would splint the wound so that you could be carried back home without the break bouncing about." Taking up two thicker sticks, Ikigai placed them on either side of the leg in question and gently wrapped them with the bandages since this was just a demonstration. She then discreetly loosened the tight bandage that the blue girl had tied and shot Ricin a wide eyed look, her gaze silently saying, "I don't know what her problem is."

Okiku Ikigai Ōritsu Abraxas

Satira

Obscura
Apothecary

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Joe

07-10-2022, 12:50 PM
Satira listened intently while Ricin explained the meat of today's lesson to the entirety of the class. It was a practical lesson on how to stabilize and transport a patient with some severe physical trauma and broken bones. Each wolf was assigned a symptom and given carte blanche on how they would go about treating it. The tiny wolf-dog sat quietly and watched as each of her classmates took their turns, explaining their methods and how they would aid the patient, all the while Satira thinking about her own problem to solve. Finally, when it became her turn, the yearling made her way up to the tables and looked over her available supplies. Labored breathing, loose ribs... She'd need something to keep the bones stable and prevent them from fracturing further. Tiny paws reached out to gather some thick moss to use as padding, along with a good amount of the linen gauze that had been provided for them. Then she approached her "patient" and looked over Ricin.

"Well, if I know the ribs are fractured, I'd need to keep them stable so they don't fully break until they heal," she explained, giving voice to her thought process. Tira then began to pick up bunches of the spongy moss, using delicate toes to feel around Ricin's ribs the way she would to locate which ones were fractured on a real patient. "Once I'd found the damaged ribs, I'd carefully pack the area with something soft, yet dense enough to keep them in place and prevent them from moving." The wolf-dog demonstrated by carefully surrounding one of his ribs with the moss, then winding the bandages securely around his chest to keep it held in place with enough pressure so that it wouldn't shift or move. "Then we bind the padding in place to prevent movement, like so." Satira used her feline claws to cut off the end of the bandage, tying it securely in a knot to prevent it from coming loose, further mummifying the poor yearling in an almost comical fashion. She looked over her work briefly, and satisfied with the results, stepped back with an amused smirk to let their instructor grade her performance.

"Satira"

Ricin

"Born In Suffering; Built with Love"

Elysium
Tracker

Master Navigator (240)

Master Intellectual (270)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

07-11-2022, 09:11 PM
Ricin is enjoying being a teacher and the wolves that he is teaching are very smart. Keelin is the first to approach and stabilizes his neck, the blue boy giving her a wink of approval before she returns to her seat. Next is the small Scylla, who, in all honesty, terrifies the lanky boy. She narrows her eyes at him and his crimson eyes widen as he wonders… ‘is she really a healer’? As she pretends to put his bone back into place Ricin gulps nervously, wondering how he is going to explain to Manea how he got injured giving a healing lesson. Scylla soon finishes, her tight bandage and huff leaving the boy thanking any and all deities that mght be out there that he made it out of that alive.

Next is the beautiful, black and white, Iki who’s voice soothes the trapped Ricin. After she finishes her part, she loosens Scylla’s work which has the boy letting out an appreciative sigh. He flashes her a thankful smile as she returns to her seat and Satira steps up. She explains everything she does and, as she steps away, Ricin notices the amused smirk on her lips. Okay, now for the next part. Ricin, unable to move, speaks from his position on his side, saying, “Great job everyone! Scylla maybe a little less glaring at the patient. Remember are you there to help, not pass judgement on them.”

A chuckle passes his lips before he continues, “Okay, one last thing, I want each of you to come back up and go to a different bandage. Inspect it and give your critique of the other person’s work. Once done, please remove the bandage. Okay?” If they all exited class right now, Ricin would be stuck on the floor until some kind soul took pity on him and undid the bandages. Maybe he shouldn’t have made that comment to Scylla…

"Ricin Dauner"

Keelin

gems
size
build
player
07-22-2022, 01:21 AM
Keelin sat back and watched as the others took their turns with Scylla going after her and making a show of her displeasure at this scenario and activity they were performing. Watching Scylla as she glared and tightly wrapped her assigned limb made Keelin smirk and have to bite back a chuckle, remaining on her best behavior as she remained quiet and observant throughout the rest of the activity. Ikigai seemed to take pity on the blue-hued boy and was more kind and gentle with her wrappings—and adjusted Scylla's as well. Satira took her turn last with a very detailed explanations of what she was doing, Keelin nodding along as she watched.

Eventually they were all done with their wrappings, leaving Ricin immobile with his bandages. She grinned a little as he recommended that Scylla have less glaring at her patient next time and couldn't help but think of all the times she had ended up glaring at Merrick while she was healing him because he made some reckless choice that had gotten himself hurt. He then asked them to come inspect one another's work and untie him. She did just that, getting up and walking over to him to inspect Scylla's handiwork. "This seems good to me. The tightness would probably be very beneficial had this been a real broken limb. And, in fact, I think glaring at the patient can be helpful depending on how they got themselves hurt," she said with a grin and a chuckle as she started unwrapping the bandages, freeing Ricin's limb before she moved away again so the others could take their turn.

"Keelin"

Satira

Obscura
Apothecary

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Joe

08-04-2022, 01:32 AM
With their instructor now fully wrapped up like a veritable mummy of sorts, Satira couldn't help but giggle at the young boy's predicament. He looked positively trapped where he was and helpless to move! Their next instructions were easy enough: inspect and critique the work of the others, then cut him loose. Keelin went up first, inspecting Scylla's work with some witty banter about glaring at patients being beneficial at times. Tira would remember that for her more unruly future patients. Once Keelin had cut Ricin free, Satira stepped up, her folded ears bobbing with each movement. She approached Ricing and studied the neck brace Keelin made, looking it over and even gently turning Ricin's head this way and that to check the way the movements tugged at the brace.

"The neck brace looks pretty good," she said, giving an approving nod to the handiwork done by the older wolf. "It would do well for a patient who's stable and not moving. If we were transporting you, I might worry about the sticks breaking in transit though. I might suggest using a more sturdy piece of bark on the back of the neck and sticks at the side as supports. Less likely to break that way. The bandaging is good though, and you clearly can still breathe, so I'd say that's an A+!" Shooting Ricin a wicked smirk, Satira lifted one of her paws and, with a flick of her digits, extended her razor sharp cat claws. "Hold still, please," she instructed the blue boy before ever so carefully bringing her claws down to the edges of the bandaged at his throat. With deft precision, Satira cut through the fabric, slowly peeling it away until Ricin's neck was freed. With her work done, she smiled proudly and bounced back to her place, ears and tail bobbing all the way.

"Satira"

Ikigai

Elysium
Queen

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res

08-25-2022, 12:10 AM

Once it was her turn, Ikigai went up and inspected the bandages that Satira had placed around Ricin's ribs. With gentle, dexterous digits, she explored the work that the smaller woman had done. Eventually, she gave a nod of approval. "Well done. Depending on whether the ribs are cracked or broken clean through, a patient may need to be carried back to safety to prevent puncturing of ones insides." She had simply wanted to add something helpful to the discussion as she could find no fault in Satira's work.

Gently as she did all things, Ikigai unknotted the bandage and began unwrapping Ricin, wrapping the remainder around one paw. It was still good and could be used again. She placed the bandage and the moss back with the rest of the supplies, nodded to the blue boy, and made her way back to her seat.

"Iki"

Scylla

Obscura
Sovereign

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (270)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Res

08-25-2022, 12:21 AM

The blue jerks reprimand was met with a curled nostril and a narrowing of mismatched eyes. Who did he think he was? She was here to watch, observe and learn. Scylla hadn't signed up for a demonstration and to share with the class. Healing wasn't even something that she wanted to do!

Keelin defended Scylla's glare and the slate colored girl flashed a grin, staring pointedly at Ricin. Her work was done well, she knew. Yeah, she'd made the bandages tight, but if he'd actually been broken, that's how it needed to be done. So there.

Then it was time for her to undo someone else's work. Now, how could she make him pay? Rising from her fur, Scylla made her way up to where the blue boy lay still slightly incapacitated. Making a show of it, she tilted her head back and forth, drawing out the inevitable. She'd have to untie him and let him loose. "The bandages are much too loose. They need to be significantly tighter in order to keep the bone from jostling out of alignment, thus creating more pain for the patient in the long run. Resetting a bone doesn't tickle."

Taking the bandages between her paws, Scylla untied the knot, almost gentle in her approach. When she went to remove the sticks that had been used as bracers, however... One of them magically flew out of her paw and made a beeline for Ricin's face. Whether it smacked him in the nose or between the eyes, Scylla didn't know. The girl's eyes went wide and a paw moved up to cover her mouth in mock embarrassment. "Oh, I'm so sorry. Do you want me to look at that?" Of course he wouldn't. Inside, the blue girl was laughing her tail off.

"Scylla"