size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

OverachieverSamhain 2022Double MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
06-29-2022, 02:47 PM

The seasons were changing and Kotori headed back home.  There was no exact date to say if it was spring yet but the weather was changing, daylight hours were changing and he had spent a great deal of time in Ashen and done all he had promised.

Kotori reached the pack land and called for his dad.  He’d had plenty of time to consider his future actions and it was just as well to make a clean break.  He’d talk it over with his dad, see what tips dad might have, see what help Kotori should do before leaving, and give all his goodbyes.

Kotori was no longer a child and it was becoming more obvious to him that he would never be fully satisfied until he was leading his own pack.  He had something to prove to the world and something to prove to himself.  Hopefully, dad would take it well.  He loved his dad and knew it was returned.  Time to split ways soon though, there were things that went smoother when faster.

"Kotori Fatalis"

[Image: HMmbDEu.png]
 [Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_39.gif]

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
06-29-2022, 04:39 PM

The familiar howl was a pleasant surprise, and the Warlord laid down his work, and trotted through the territory. Heading to the borders to welcome home his son. Picking up the pace, he met the boy by the border wall. Its creation was still a work in progress, but it was looking strong and proud on the Armada land.

He didn’t hesitate when he arrived, but leaned forward and wrapped a paw about Kotori. “Welcome home!” He said in a way of greeting. “Tell me about your time in Ashen. What did Venom have you doing?” he asked, opening the floor for Kotori to tell him all about it. Hoping to glean some insight in how Venom was doing from the question, as well.

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

06-29-2022, 04:58 PM

Kotori didn’t have to wait overly long before his dad showed up.  Even as he waited his mind was trying to think through all the work that lay ahead of him.  What he planned on wasn’t going to be easy but it was a simple matter.  He’d accomplish his goal regardless of what it took.  When dad came up it was hardly a surprise when he got a familiar paw wrapped around him.  The warlord father was rather affectionate and possessive.  That was fine, Kotori might not be a wolf that tended to overly show his affection but it was there in action.  Dad got a return pop of affection from Kotori’s muzzle before settling down on his haunches for discussion.

“It was pleasant over there.  I respect Venom.” That wasn’t a joking matter with Kotori as he kept to his own opinions of who was and was not worthy of his respect.  “I did things such as patrolling and training up the younger wolves in her pack.  She’s a strong woman who had no desire for a wolf that spent all the time following her.”  Dad had put protecting her as a priority but just watching her would have done little good and all knew it.  

“She also asked if there was anything she could do for me.” That was said with a pause for a second, “on the way down there I had time to think, and while ideally I’d have told you first there was a limited period of time I was there to take up her offer.  I asked her to let me spend time watching how she runs her pack.  Dad, I love you but I want my own pack.  I’m planning to leave the Armada and go my own way.”  They could discuss Venom in more detail later if he wanted but this was getting priority.

"Kotori Fatalis"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
06-29-2022, 05:15 PM

The Warlord nodded at hearing how Ashen and Venom had been doing. It didn’t surprise him that she had earned Kotori’s respect, she was a strong wolf. He hoped she was doing okay without the Armada beside her. The change of topic however surprised him. Kotori spoke of wanting his own leadership - he knew that Kotori would be a bird to leave the nest at some point, but it sounded like this was something he wanted much sooner.

The Warlord settled down on his hunches and considered the wolf before him. The best way for Kotori to learn was to do. That was the kind of wolf he was. “Tell me what you need” he said simply. His love for the boy was plain in those five simple words. Kotori certainly would not be fighting for his freedom to leave.

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

06-29-2022, 05:45 PM

Kotori knew he’d be able to leave but he hadn’t expected it to be quite that easy.  This was the same father who kept telling Kotori to prove himself and throw out challenges after all.  For that matter, he was taking this formally and offering his aid.  If he was going to be offered assistance by his dad what did he want?

“I know you would take me in any time but for the sake of making something official.  I want the Armada to have a firm alliance with my pack.  I want to know that besides myself any wolf who calls a greeting of mine will be allowed on your land unless solid reason not to.  In return, I will offer the same.  I want any tips you have on how you strike up alliances.  I’ve certainly seen some ways it can be done.” Throw away your daughter was one.  Damn it.

“The armada is about to get plenty of lands so you certainly have enough room for the size of the pack.  I would like take a willing wolf or two with me from the pack.  That’s up to them of course and a few members I don’t actually want.” A wave of his paw was given.  Yes, he didn’t get along with everyone in the pack but hell dad surely knew that well enough anyway.  He was arrogant and damn proud of being a prince, a Fatalis, and his own abilities that he’d gained through training.  Not his fault some wolves weren’t bright enough to understand that.

“I’ll take some ale for celebration,” that part said with a grin, “victory party will be important.  One of the carts we used also to get everything here.” Most of what they would need would be found near where he set up his land.  He couldn’t rely on his dad and hadn’t planned to ask for these few things.   Well, there was something else to ask for, “and any advice you have to give.  Not all of which is needed right now.  I can take a bit of time here if there is any last thing you need me to do.  Say goodbye to family,” at least those he liked.

"Kotori"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-29-2022, 06:03 PM

The Warlord listened aas Kotori laid out what he wanted. Speaking of alliances, and the Warlord inclined his head. “Those that belong to you will be welcome in my lands. If any of your wolves abuse that, there will be consequences.” The safety of his pack came first, but he could not fathom a world where any pack Kotori led was not family to him as well. “Bring a gift, treat them as an equal, and know what you want before you go” he said promptly as the boy - he really should stop referring to the prospective Alpha as a boy - asked for advice on creating alliances.

The Warlord nodded his head, agreeing with the second statement as well. Starting a new pack was no easy thing, and he would need what help he could get. “I’ll see who’s willing to go, I’ll find you someone” He promised. If he didn’t get a volunteer, he would send Mortis. The boy knew to obey.

The Warlord snorted at the next request. “Brazen pup” he growled, making a mock cuff at the side of the boy's head, but there was no real threat in it. “I can spare some of the Hallows vintage” He allowed. “Visit any time you like. If you seek me out for advice, I’ll come.” He promised.

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

06-29-2022, 08:15 PM

Kotori shrugged at dad’s first point on consequences, “if any of my wolves abuse that I’ll probably give them worse consequences than you would.  I don’t appreciate my reputation tarnished.”  If dad wanted to correct them also that was fine.  Kotori wanted a pack that was strong and showed well to others, if he had pack members who failed at good behavior then they deserved what they got.

Dad made diplomacy sound simple enough.  It would just be deciding on good gifts for the individuals he sought to ally with.  Kotori would be sure to bring Briar and Art a good gift but he had no concern for an alliance there.  Ashen?  He still needed to aim for an official alliance and bring Venom a gift but expected no problem there.  Elysium?  Hell if he knew about that one right now.  “Do you know much of the Elysium wolves?”  The ones who stole his Ikigai.

Kotori nodded with a small grin knowing dad would let go of someone for him.  What harder thing was there to do than ask his father to let members of his pack go?  Dad proved his love with actions and not just words also.

At the last bit, Kotori rolled his head with the mock cuff to his head, a devilish grin on his face at dad’s reaction.  Asking for a pack member was totally fine but asking for ale was another matter. “Oh,” a thought occurred, “a few of the more basic herbs and healing supplies.  Not a lot, but just in case needed that first day or two before we get our own.”  ‘We’ still being a question yet to be filled aside from Armada wolves but one way or another Kotori would get a pack.  He already had a few ideas the horned wolf hoped might work.  “Thanks, dad.” Sincerity in that thanks, his dad was doing a lot here.

"Kotori Fatalis"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-29-2022, 09:53 PM

The Warlord inclined his head, accepting his son's words. He knew Kotori would keep his word, and both Alphas would work to keep relations between the packs steady. He wondered what the world would look like a year from now… The Warlord had once decided he needed no alliances, now he found friends and family everywhere he looked. Two of his children would be Alphas, and wolves he had trained would lead. He had not sought to extend the Armada in any way, but somehow it seemed to grow out from him regardless. Perhaps this coalition of allies would keep the peace in this world.

“Elysium? It’s led by Manea. I know some, but I haven’t spoken much with their leader” he admitted. Enough to ensure they wouldn’t be a threat to the Armada. It could be considered a budding alliance.

“I’ll have a healer organise some supplies for you”

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

06-29-2022, 10:07 PM

Dad knew just about as much as Kotori did on Elysium it seemed.  Well, Kotori would have to grow that knowledge in the near future.  Ikigai was there and the best position would be on good terms with the pack.  He’d be willing to attack, make enemies, and steal back his princess except the princess wouldn’t appreciate it.  Her sense of honor and duty was a real irritation in his getting what he wanted.  It was true, at some point he’d need a different wolf for a mate.  Well, unless the one they chose for her would be kind enough to go and die on their own.

Friends would be better though.  Hell, it would be one thing if he ended up with one or two packs, not on good terms with him but if he got all the strong packs turned against him there was no point in starting a pack.  They’d be overrun before they got started.  It was all well and fun strutting about and acting like he was all that but Kotori would soon be in control of the fate of a young pack and he’d have to do what was strategic not just what sounded fun.  Getting what you want didn't come without hard work.

“Once I claim my land and have it set up decently I’ll be sure to let Briar know as well.” A pause before adding, “and I’ll need to speak with Venom again for an official alliance.” Another pause then a grin at his father, “and then, I’ll be inviting friends and family to a hell of a great party.”

"Kotori Fatalis"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-05-2022, 06:07 PM

The Warlord nodded his head in approval at hearing how his young son was already thinking of strategy. He would be a young, budding pack. Looking for support was wise. “And of course the Armada would be at your side” he said. But Kotori already knew that his father was not throwing him to the wind. He would be giving him supplies, advice, and general support.

“I look forward to my invitation” he gave the boy a wink, and nudged his shoulder lightly with a paw. “You’ve already got a solid line of support with the packs you mentioned. Turns out sending you to Venom was good for more reason then one” he concluded.

"Speech"

Art by Salt