Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-29-2022, 04:02 PM

She remained unaware that one of Armada's allies had fallen. Abaven was close but not quite, and Wren hadn't the chance to visit anyway without Sirius' saying so. He promised to introduce her to the allies of the pack, perhaps 'scare' up a bit of membership. So far, she had Mercury, Voodoo, and Tanelan. Along with Beauregard, that made a good start. But while Voodoo studied in Abaven, she did need a healer. Spring brought its own share of illness.

Wren came to the Bay again, glancing around at the location. She never realized how nice and quiet it was here; that is until she saw the frame of another wolf. Curious, she approached the woman. "Hey" she chirped a greeting, wagging her tail. This russet-gold woman smelt like Voodoo but also not. An Abaven wolf? "are you, uh, from around here?" Smooth, very smooth. She hurried by this awkwardness. "I'm trying to learn the locations of the packs."

She tilted her head. "I hope to start my own soon; I don't want to tread on toes if I can help it."

"Speech"

put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Derby Winner1KPride - BisexualDouble MasterAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Wordy
06-30-2022, 06:06 AM

She couldn't believe it. There was a tremble in her body as the fading winter breeze rustled her coat. After traveling all this way from Auster, there was nothing left of Abaven. The one place she thought she'd find solace; a place where she could heal. Gone without a trace. Not even a note to let anyone know not to keep coming. Anguish lined her features as she stared out at the foaming ocean caps. What was she to do now? She didn't want to return to the Hallows yet. It was too soon. Her heart was still in pieces. Dipping her chin as her one eye closed, she held back the tear when the gentle sound of paws on sand caught her attention.

Lifting her chin to glance over the brunette, Audra returned a timid smile that barely lifted the corners of her lips. Once the girl's words died on the wind, she glanced up at the cliffs that shadowed the beach. "N-not close, t-this used to b-be Abaven, b-but they've fallen," and so had others. Who was left toward the north? She knew of Elysium, their leaders were good friends with Artorias and Armada had recently moved. Without Fireside and Abaven, the cooler north of Boreas was open. There had to be a reason packs were ending and it was worrisome. Unlike a lot of wolves, she paid attention. One ear always to the door, silent as a mouse, keeping notes of the worldly going ons.

"As l-long as y-you don't t-tread on Elysium t-toes, you should b-be fine," her golden, glittering eye turns back to the girl as the blackened one stares into nothingness. Even though the stranger was slightly awkward, she was bold and Audra thought that a good thing. "I-if I don't h-have a r-reason to s-stay in th-these parts, I m-might need to go b-back," the verbal admittance of something she wasn't ready for made her chest ache. Letting out a sigh, she shook her head softly. It wasn't this girl's problems. It wasn't anyone's problems but her own.

A  U  D  R  A

audra's companions are to be assumed next to her unless stated otherwise

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-30-2022, 10:34 AM

What? Abaven fell? "A healer student" Wren hurried into worry "by the name of Voodoo Klein..." Her friend, her potential pack member... What happened to her? Was she okay? "she was in Abaven. Is... are the members okay? Do you guys need help?" Concern laced her voice, a frown on her lips.

Mentioning a name she hadn't heard of, the woman continued in her stumbles. "You can stay with us" Wren said honestly, offering the woman a lifeline "you don't even need to join my pack" Abaven fell. It was gone. She'd need to tell Armada; they were allies! "if you just need a place to sleep... My members are gathering up North."

She paused. "Armada is housing us. So if you don't know where to go right now, consider... That's just an option though" Wren added hastily, knowing the woman would have plenty to think about "I'm Wren by the way. Stalker of Armada."

"Speech"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

07-01-2022, 07:22 AM

Audra did not expect the sudden bout of worry to explode upon the girl's face. Sidestepping half a step, her ears fall back as she glances up to the cliffside. "I-I do n-not personally know a-a Voodoo," her timid voice responds as she gives her head a gentle shake. "I-I am not o-of Abaven, b-but I assurer y-you that Theory w-would not have l-let harm come to anyone," she adds on as she turns her gaze back once more to the blue-eyed girl. Audra had to remind herself that looks weren't everything.

Another surprise tilts her thoughts away as her ears flick back forward. The north had never been her favorite area to stay in, but maybe a change of pace would help. Anything to help her heart mend before heading back south. Maybe a new life would help? There was so much trauma and pain connected not to the Hallows, but to Tika, and if Tika was there... Audra wasn't sure she'd be happy. Letting out a sigh, she attempts her best smile.

"I th-think I'll t-take you up on y-your offer. I-I cannot guarantee I-I can s-stay, but I w-would like to see what y-your pack is like," her tail flicks happily between her ankles as she nods respectfully toward Wren. "N-nice to m-meet you, Wren. I-I'm Audra, once Physician of the Hallows, n-now temporary wanderer," she lets out a half-hearted laugh. Once again, left in limbo and wondering if she'd ever find a place to call home.

A  U  D  R  A

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-01-2022, 03:15 PM

"Sorry..."

Wren bit back another sigh, forcing her thoughts into the public. "I don't know Theory, only Voodoo... and" she was her friend! "it's hard not to worry when you don't know where your friends are or if they're okay." This time, she sighed. Deep and troubled. Maybe she should look for Abaven's old stomping grounds. See if anyone needed help.

But the other woman, despite her stumbles, was not done talking. Wren's eyes flickered back to her. A former Physician of the Hallows... "Sirius told me the Hallows are Armada's friends, those good wolves stay there" she recalled "I don't think he'd mind if you came north and stayed for a bit!" Maybe he even knew Audra personally?

"Even if you don't stick around Menagerie" Wren added "it could be good for budding healers to learn some things from you, Audra" If she couldn't find Voodoo, she definitely needed a healer or two. Maybe the russet woman could teach them? "it won't be for some time. You're free to leave before that, though. Summer will be our start goal."

But! "It's nice to meet you too. I'm glad you're okay... When packs fall, in my experience, it's bad."

"Speech"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

07-03-2022, 05:31 PM

Her chin nodded somberly as she understands the worry Wren felt for her friend. Not that Audra had had many friends in her lifetime, but she imagined if anything had happened to someone from the Hallows, she would be distraught. Laeta, Synna, Fern, wolves she had come to know well and spent time with. Even Jynn, who she only saw in fleeting passing bys, Audra would be upset if she ever were injured. Maybe leaving the Hallows hadn't been a good idea... What if they needed her? A lump formed in her throat at the thought, but she shook her head. If Artorias had felt it more important she stay, he would have stopped her. Could have stopped her...

Letting out her own form of a sigh, she smiled briefly at Wren. "I h-haven't met Sirius p-personally," really the only time they'd been in the same vicinity together was during the wedding, "b-but I kn-know a f-few wolves th-that reside within th-the Armada so it w-would be nice to s-say hello," her smiles widens a bit more. Even more so when Wren offers that it would be a good thing if she passed on some of her knowledge to newer healers. Again, she nods, her smile faltering. "Y-yes, I c-can, for n-now, u-until, I m-make a d-decision," the petite fae confirms she'll come for a temporary stay. Meanwhile, her thoughts trail back south. Would Artorias be worried if she didn't go back? Did he know about Abaven? She couldn't leave him in the dark...

Brought back to reality by Wren's mounting concerns, Audra lets out a light laugh. "A-after my eye in-incident, not m-much phases me," it was a morbid realization, but true nonetheless. Abaven fallen made her more concerned for the health of Theory than anyone else. The rest would find a new pack or go back to their homes.

A  U  D  R  A

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-03-2022, 06:00 PM

"Well, let me know when you'd like to go" she said "I'm going to head back, report Abaven's fallen..." she trailed off, deciding to not mention it again for Audra's sake and her own sanity "anyway, I should go back before someone worries about me." She chuckled, knowing that she personally traveled all over for the sake of meeting others and such. Finding herself was a big thing, and she had help on that front.

Wren didn't want to stare at the empty socket that was Audra's eye. She felt it was personal, like a visible scar that others didn't want people to see. "There's a story there" she admitted about the woman's eye "but I'm too polite to ask right now" she also admitted curiosity, even if it was rude "and frankly, it isn't my business" she smiled grimly, reveling in the morbid turn it took for a moment "but two eyes or one, I think I believe in your abilities as a healer."

'Think' was said because Wren didn't know Audra at all, and also never saw her work. It was an admission that she believed in Audra though.

"Speech"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

07-03-2022, 06:22 PM

Once more a nod dips from her chin in response to Wren's words. She understood the duty and concern Wren felt. Something inside her own chest tugged at her to return south. Yet, that was a far trip and she may never... Not wanting to think about it and resolving to the fact that Sirius most likely had a way to inform Artorias about her, Audra came to her own decision. Going to Armada now to spend time with their pack would be a good move. At least until she felt that her heart was in a better place. Give Tika some time to do her own soul searching.

When Wren responded next about her blackened eye, Audra felt a shiver run down her spine. Brushing off the pressing traumatic memories of that fateful night, Audra attempted her best smile. "Th-then I will w-waste no time, I'll f-follow you back n-now," she said in her timid voice as she took a few steps closer to Wren as if to say lead the way.

A  U  D  R  A

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-03-2022, 07:36 PM

"Great!"

Wren's tail wagged happily, an easy grin on her features. She bounced away from Audra, as she lead the way back up north. She kept a steady pace with the healer woman, aware becoming lost was a thing when one didn't know where to go really. She made sure to keep Audra in her sights.

"Remember, you can leave whenever you want" she added as they made their way "just, yanno, tell me. Cause I'll start to worry." She cast a fleeting gaze at the woman, smiling gently. With an experienced healer under her belt, with a promise to train young minds... Wren felt the beginnings of change on the wind.

"Speech"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me