An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipDerby WinnerBy the skin of my teethPride - AsexualHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
The Ooze Participant
06-21-2022, 12:52 PM
Things hadn't changed much around here. Aside from the collapsed dens and scrubbed away remains this place almost looked the same, like the march north had never happened. He stood at the beach, sandwiched between the looming cypress trees as the waves rolled over the gold of his paws. Though he wasn't overly attached to the warmer climate he couldn't say he enjoyed the chill of the north, hadn't realised how mild winters were in this part of the world before it was too late. Before reality set in, like a chill seeping into his bones.

He breathed deep, scrunching the sand beneath his toes as his gaze set upon the water, crystalline and clear. Nothing like the dark beach way up north.

It felt weird to have emptiness at his back, to not feel or hear the distance presence of his family. Now all there was to be heard was the rustling of beach grass, seabirds calling out to one another as they rode the breeze.

[Image: dZNVqTH.png]

Torben

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy
06-21-2022, 05:40 PM
Torben walked south, following the cries of seagulls as they shrieked above his skull. Gulls, to his knowledge, knew where to find water. He roamed closer, remarking on the trees that grew apart. It was as if a tunnel was welcoming him, beckoning him further inward. He spotted a dark shape ahead of him. Slowing his pace until he was under the cover of the foliage, he blinked against the light. His eyes itched.

"Lo there!" he called out to the other wolf. A youngling, like the pale girl in the north, if he had to guess. Untainted by most of life, only for it to grow the more that he lived on. Torben's voice was civil and polite, even if he hadn't a care what rank or status this boy had. Due to his albinism, he stayed where he was. Though he did take in the sights. Some could say he was keeping his distance out of respect, but one look at him could be told otherwise.

SPEECH HERE
1/3 - explore sea's plain

Levi

Armada
Howler

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipDerby WinnerBy the skin of my teethPride - AsexualHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
The Ooze Participant
06-28-2022, 11:49 AM
Levi turned, gold tipped ears tilting as the pale stranger approached. There was an odd tilt to their voice, an accent he couldn't place. In the reaches of his mind he felt an urge to tell them to leave, that this was Armada land, but it wasn't, not any more. If this stranger felt like sniffing around old stomping grounds he was hardly going to stop them. There were no pack secrets to be found, no traces left behind, everything that was here had always been so. Nature just doing its own thing.

He turned and left the water, noting the tangled roots that dug into the sand. Steady and strong despite the tide.

"Hi." He said, dry and stale like an old loaf of bread.

Moving parallel along the beach he saw the Ashen islands in the distance, the archipelago well within reach if he chose to swim. Maybe if the weather was warmer, but dipping his paws was enough for now, especially since he didn't feel like making the trek back home sopping wet.

Torben

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy
06-28-2022, 12:07 PM
Torben was not one to force his company on another, though he held a mild curiosity about the lad's pack. He had smelt it before, heading north. The scent was strong with the arctic wind, pine needles and snow. "Yer from that pack up north, right?" he ventured but did collect himself "I ain't gonna press ye for information" he added politely as he moved a bit closer. The sun blared down on him, but it was mostly cloudy due to winter's grasp. He could stand the burning for a bit. "yer lot seem capable, not many wolves'd want to live that far up."

Around them, the waves crashed in slow motion. Torben glanced around them, spotting the archipelago as well. There was a drifting scent of a heavy-membered pack there. Unaware of the alliance with the two communities, he continued at a slow pace among the foliage that lined the Plain. While he was attempting to be friendly with the lad, he kept his space respectful and leisurely. He was here to explore too and was woefully unaware they once lived here.

SPEECH HERE
2/3 - explore sea's plain

Levi

Armada
Howler

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Ali

The Ooze Participant
06-30-2022, 09:47 AM
Levi noted how soft and grainy the sand felt beneath his paws. Nothing like the dark sand at the cove, all rough and course, like it could scratch his skin off with another friction. He breathed in deep again, savouring how the air wasn't bitterly cold, how it didn't make his throat ache. In all honesty, he didn't like the move. Was he more like his Mother than he realised? Possibly. But this stranger seemed intent on filling the silence, in asking questions when Levi had none in return.

"Yeah. Can't say I'm a fan." He admitted with a limp shrug, but he wasn't gonna kick up a fuss. He'd heard enough of his own mum's bitching to last him a lifetime.

The stranger didn't smell like he was around these parts either. Lacked the salt of the sea air, the local floral scent hadn't stuck to him at all. He smelled...dry, almost. Like he'd passed through endless dunes of sands to get from there to here.

"I guess it's to prove a point, that we can."

Torben

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy
07-02-2022, 12:27 AM
It was easy to pack up and move when something didn't go your way. If you didn't like things, you could change them. The fact this wolf didn't spoke about his resilience. Torben didn't even say this as flattery; it was fact. He stated it bluntly but kindly. Almost in awe. His head tilted to the side somewhat. "Then yer hardy than most" he pointed out "if ye didn't like it, ye could leave. Ye stay - and it ain't me business why - but ye stick it out."

He stopped, admiring the way the waves rolled along with the crisp yet cold sand. Even if it was winter, the water was strong. The gulls cried above his head more and more, circling the two wolves as if waiting for food to be dropped. A few actually fought over a few fish that had beached themselves. Caw. Caw. His head almost pounded from the noise and also the sensitivity of the light. "It shows ye have character" he added, turning on the spot and beginning to head off.

If the lad didn't want to speak to him properly, he didn't mind. It was his choice in the end. But Torben couldn't stick around. He felt lethargic. Tired. A migraine pounded. /exit if not stopped

SPEECH HERE
3/3 - explore sea's plain