Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
07-02-2022, 03:48 PM

Wren had decided after her patrolling and hunting were done to go back to the Gorge. Armada made good on its promise to house members of Menagerie, for the time being, so she left them to socialize with their allies at the Cove. She didn't expect much to come out of her walk. She was alone with her thoughts for once, rounding the entrance to the location -

And was knocked away.

"Oof!" she hit the ground, thankfully not the Gorge's walls. A maddened grizzly bear stood tall a few steps away, roaring. Maybe, just maybe, it was related to the one that Keahi and her had tackled. Maybe it was just crazy. Some wolves could be downright shitty for no reason, so why not bears? "damn you..."

Wren struggled to her paws. Pain shot through her back leg, having been punctured against a rock. She gasped, trying to rise as the shadow of the bear came closer.

"Speech"

1/3 - large predator fight (grizzly bear)
put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-02-2022, 03:57 PM
The young Ermis had taken to making frequent trips out to the Gorge. Knowing it would soon be a part of their territory made it important that he knew the terrain. He was doing his best to play catch-up with Bores. Exploring the lands, meeting its wolves and honing his body. He was doing all he could to be prepared for the moment his Queen rose to power.

It was sheer luck that brought him to the area in the moment she would need his help. Hearing the roaring of a bear in territory they planned to take would have been reason enough to investigate. Making his way at a trot to the location of the sound, he would find the creature leaning over the form of his childhood friend. Sudden rage shooted through his limbs as the black and blue wolf shot forward. Let loose an angry snarl as he landed a trike on a powerful back leg, and dug in tight. He didn’t plan to let go until it turned from Wren. He didn’t even know if she was okay…

"Speech"
[Image: dg62nk4-76f92f5f-869b-474b-8882-b89098d6...nlMae_v5_o]

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
07-02-2022, 04:30 PM

"Merc..."

Wren groans, unused to the pain. Boreas and Auster had been good to her. She barely felt the deep gorges of injury. Had no need for a healer until now. Even other predator fights... she hadn't been touched too deeply. A few scratches here and there had been nothing. Seeing Mercury's rage, she felt some strength return. No fucking way was she letting him fight alone!

The young man dove at a hind leg, refusing to let go. Wren pushed herself to her fours and lunged groggily. The pain was nothing compared to the bleeding; she didn't want to bleed out to death. Her actions were sluggish compared to Mercury's. She growls in warning, both to him and to the grizzly before latching onto the fat belly of the bear.

Wren twists her neck to make the point in a vicious motion; she wasn't going to lay down and die!

"Speech"
2/3 - predator fight

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-02-2022, 04:42 PM
The copper scent of blood filled the air, and he knew that Wren’s injuries were bad. His angry snarling hadn’t stopped as he tore into the bear. The great big creature was turning to him, trying to shake him free of its limb, but he held out. Buying time for Wren to get to her paws. He expected her to run, to get a safe distance from the danger.

Instead, she fought back. Going straight for the belly, and Merc found himself struggling to keep the bear's attention. He all but ran up its back as he attempted to get to its neck. Digging his claws in deep, feeling the hammering of his heart. He needed to end this, and as quickly as he could. Finally, he had access to its neck. He lunged, and bit down as hard as he could.

"Speech"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-02-2022, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2022, 04:56 PM by Wren I. Edited 1 time in total.)

Mercury had the bear. She saw him climb up its back, latching onto the neck. She felt relief wash over her as she stumbled backward. Letting go of the bear's belly, she tasted the disgusting thick blood. Wren felt like she was going to keel over, but she didn't want to give up yet. She aimed a paw at the tear in the belly, trying to add insult to injury. Yes, she caused it. Yes, she'd beat the bear a bit with it. Make it hurt.

The grizzly finally had enough and stumbled. Wren jumped out of the way best she could, landing awkwardly on three legs. Their foe was defeated; it was dead. Mercury's rage and power were a sight to behold. The bear was dying before it hit the ground. A mighty thump and it lay still. "I'm fine" she said, used to say it anyway a lot. Her leg hurt like a bitch, but she kept it elevated. "fine..."

She echoed the word for her own benefit. Not Mercury's. "It's dying" she added softly, looking at the bear. It twitched a bit, bleeding out. What would he do now?

"Speech"
3/3 - predator fight

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-02-2022, 05:57 PM
Mercury tore out its throat, and felt the creature's frantic struggle slow, and then it began to fall. He leapt clear of the body, and ran to Wren. The smaller wolf was limping badly, the scent of her blood rich in the air. “Just a scratch, right?” he said, trying to keep his voice light despite the stress in his tone. He reached her, and wrapped his paws about her, holding her for a second. His frantically beating heart heavy in his chest as he breathed in the scent of her. He couldn’t do it. He couldn’t lose anyone else, he couldn’t lose her

When he released her, he grabbed for her leg, gingerly pulling it closer and inspecting it. Solar, clever bird that she was, had swooped for some wet moss the moment the battle had ended. She returned now, and dropped it in the air above him. He grabbed it, and began to run it carefully down the wound. Cleaning it so he could inspect the damage beneath.

"Speech"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-02-2022, 06:50 PM

Wren fully expected a fuss, but she didn't expect a hug. Mercury wrapped her up in his arms, and she could feel his heart thumping against her. Her eyes flew open despite the pain, shock setting in quickly but eventually fading. She raised a paw to wrap around him the best she could before he released her. A quick call to Solar brought moss.

"I'm fine" she said, repeating herself stupidly. Why do you care? she wanted to ask him, to prod a few of his thoughts. It sounded downright mean, so she didn't. Why would she say that to her friend? Of course, he cared about her. But was it platonically, or did... Does she just expect more? Want more? "thank you. You too, Solar." She extends her leg for the cleaning.

A fleeting but pained smile is given to the bird. Euryale is a fighting partner, so she was unaccustomed to fetching things for Wren. "Ow..." she flinched randomly, gritting her teeth against the annoying throb of pain "sucks to be me" she joked lightly, staring as the bleeding began to subside "guess I'll have to keep off it for a few days." No hunting, no patrolling. Just lazing about. What fun.

"Speech"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-04-2022, 04:45 PM
With the bear dead at their feet, and Wren’s leg being tended to - albeit without much experience - his heart rate finally began to slow. Wren continued to assure him she was fine, but he wouldn’t let up until he had seen the wound for himself. “Fair’s fair, you got to play nursemaid - now it's my turn” He said, once again hiding his worry behind humour.

The black comoront ducked her head in Wren’s direction, before perching on the grass beside them, watching the wolves fussing with curiosity. “That would be best” Mercury agreed as he finished cleaning the wound. “You might want a proper heal taking a look at that as well - it might need stitching” He sighed, and placed a paw on her other leg

"Speech"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-04-2022, 04:51 PM

She groans with good humor, rolling her eyes. "Is that what this is?" Wren jabbed at him "your revenge?" As much fun as it was that he liked to poke and prod her, she did the same back to Mercury "and here I thought you cared." She huffed dramatically, sticking her nose up with an air of insult. Like the 'queen' he told her she was going to be. Might as well be a snooty princess while she could.

At the mention of stitches, she groaned again. "Great" Wren twisted her head, looking down at the wound "just what I need" There was still so much to do! "but it serves me right, not paying attention..." She trailed off in a murmur. If she could lock eyes with herself and glare, she would! "I meant it; thanks" she added, more to Mercury than Solar at the moment "I might be dead if you didn't show up."

They needed to clear these caves and fast.

"Speech"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-04-2022, 05:06 PM
“The best sort of revenge” He agreed, watching her with amusement as she stuck her nose to the air. She seemed to be keeping awake and alert just fine. If there was any danger to her injuries, he had a feeling they had passed. “I do” he said simply, stark and honest without the maelstrom of emotions that came with it.

As she took the blame for the incident, he released his grip, and shook his head at her. “Yes. What were you thinking? Taking on a grizzly by yourself? It could have gone a lot worse” and now he was lecturing her. He didn’t mean to, but visions of finding her corpse ran through his thoughts. He shuddered at the thought, and some of his anger returned. He tossed down the moss he had used and eyed her. “This upcoming pack is relying on you, you can’t afford to be reckless.” I’m relying on you.

"Speech"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-04-2022, 05:18 PM

"I didn't!"

Wren protested, her eyes flying open with confusion at being lectured by him. What was she supposed to do? Sit there and be beaten like a ragdoll? The grizzly had caught her off guard and surprised her as she rounded a corner. It wasn't like she egged it on and taunted it. Blue eyes shut quickly as she looked offended by the accusation.

"I thought you think I'd be smarter than that!" she growl-whined, torn between being angry and being hurt emotionally "just cause I'm not a huge wolf, doesn't mean I can't hold my own..." Did he think she was weak? "that stupid bear surprised me. I walked into the Gorge and it smacked me away." Maybe retaliation for her and Keahi killing the other one?

"I wasn't going to lay down and die" she huffed "I'm going to get hurt. If someone challenges me for the pack, I can't afford to be nice about it. I can't afford to roll over and let them take it." She would get hurt. She could even be near death a few times, but she would go down swinging. She'd make sure she had a last hurrah. But she knew how scared he had been.

"I'm sorry that I worried you." There, she could be nice. She could admit defeat.

"Speech"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-04-2022, 05:50 PM
“Size has nothing to do with it, I wouldn’t take on a bear alone.” In fact, even when he had encountered bears alongside other wolves, he opted to leave instead of taking it down. He was well aware how hard a bear could hit. The only reason he had killed this one, is because of how badly it had hurt Wren.

She went on to explain how it had surprised her. He wasn’t sure if it made him feel better or worse. It had cornered her, and there had been nothing she could do about it. If he hadn’t come along, she would have been bear meat. He felt his hackles rise again, and worked to lower them. “You did.” Worried was an understatement. ”If I’m to be your Seneschal then I’m going to need to know how to protect you. Some fights will be yours alone, but some fights will be mine.” Why was he saying all this? It was just a bear. But it was important. Important she knew he would try to protect her, and that she had to allow him to do so.

"Speech"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-04-2022, 06:15 PM

She stared at him, eyes wide and brows lifted. It wasn't like he said anything untoward or insulting, but she was just annoyed. Mostly at herself. He wanted to protect her, but she still felt she could take on the world. But she also knew that was impossible. She had a job to do as an alpha, and he had a job to do. But that's all that was. Was Mercury just worried for the pack's future? He had pledged himself to a home, and he wanted to see it come to fruition. Or did he pledge himself to her?

Wren rose best she could, abruptly and with a soft groan of pain. She kept her injured leg leveled. I don't need protection! she wanted to say to him, scream to him. The woman had a strained look on her face as she began to turn away and walk off. Slowly but steadily. "Yeah, the pack comes first" she said almost bitterly. She tried to hide it, but it did slip through. I'm just a figurehead, ain't I? An icon, someone to rally around but not let do any work! She knew it was unfair to think that though.

He was worried about her. He didn't want her to die or even get hurt. "But I'm also a... a female" she added, refusing to use the word 'woman' out of embarrassment. Her cheeks turned pink. Modern, tough. Don't need anyone to help. Don't need any man! Instead of voicing it, she slipped up. "I'm not just an alpha-to-be. What'll happen if Menagerie falls? What if you and I can't hold it together? Will we just... Merc, I don't want you to just stick around because of the pack." What happens if she found someone? What if she became a mother?

It was what she had wanted fleetingly, with another man. Wren knew it best to not hope for anything with friends. Because that's all they'd be to each other - friends. "I - whatever." She felt it was too soon, too fast. Seeing him made everything okay again, and she did feel safe with him. But no. She shouldn't. She should not pressure him just because she felt lonely. Seeing all the families in Boreas. The Kleins, the Fatalis... What sort of legacy would she leave behind? It's nothing. She bit back, trudging off. Not letting him reply because she was too chicken shit to even confront it.

/exit

"Speech"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-04-2022, 06:20 PM
He snorted, the noise part amusement and frustration. He got to his paws, and walked alongside her. Not hovering, but… there. Ready to catch her if she fell. “I want this pack to succeed because of who runs it, not for the pack itself. If the pack fell, or you fell from its reins, I would walk away. I would walk away with you he said, surprised he even had to say it. She was all he had left from a world now broken. He didn’t plan to let go any time soon. All this work he had put into rebuilding himself, strengthening his muscles - body and mind. It was to support the endeavour she had chosen to take on.

Before he could ask her to speak what was on her mind, she picked up speed and kept quiet. Too much energy spent on watching her walk, reading the motions of her body. If she tripped, likely he would know it before she did.

"Speech"