size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - PansexualSamhain 2022TeacherDouble Master1K
07-02-2022, 04:23 PM

As Elysium’s lead navigator the tall, gangly Ricin has taken it upon himself to go exploring any chance he gets. Today he finds himself skirting a pack’s territory to explore a system of caves that are carved into a mountain’s side. Crimson eyes inspect the crudely drawn animal forms, the paint or whatever was used, still here after so many years. White-dipped paws pull the yearling deeper into caves and, because of his interest in the paintings, the tall boy does not see the slumbering grizzly hidden in the shadowy depths. A roar pulls his attention to the predator and Ricin lets out a startled yelp as he quickly retreats from the beast. Unfortunately, the bear seems to be extremely angry that he has disturbed its nap and gives chase to the bright blue fleeing wolf. Oh man, Chade is going to kill him!

"Ricin Dauner"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-02-2022, 05:50 PM
Mercury felt the oppressive stone wall around him, and tried not to think too long on how many thousands of tons of rock lay above him. Apparently the world conspired to distract him shortly after entering the stone tomb. The sound of a roaring bear caught his attention, and he froze. The sound of running paw steps soon followed, and he would catch sight of the blue wolf charging towards him - and the bear that followed him!

Oh shit He thought “This way!” He yelled to the blue wolf, as he set his stance and prepared to defend the fleeing stranger.

"Speech"
[Image: dg62nk4-76f92f5f-869b-474b-8882-b89098d6...nlMae_v5_o]

Ricin

"Born In Suffering; Built with Love"

Elysium
Tracker

Master Navigator (240)

Master Intellectual (270)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

07-02-2022, 06:20 PM

The path twists and Ricin sprints around the turn, fear written plainly on his face. A tall wolf comes into view and he shouts at the blue boy to which, Ricin gratefully accepts. Racing past the blue and black wolf, the young boy hears the sound of a shuffle behind him. He knows he cannot leave the stranger to fight the mad grizzly by himself so he quickly wheels around and charges back toward the wolf and bear. Ricin is only a few inches shorter than the unknown wolf and, while he doesn’t consider himself a fighter, his brother Chade had made sure that Ricin knows how to defend himself. Blue form darts in, delivering a hard bite to one of the grizzly’s paws before backing up toward the other wolf. Ricin will not the stranger to face the bear alone.

"Ricin Dauner"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-04-2022, 05:09 PM
The blue wolf ran for the cover of the larger wolf, dashing behind him. Mercury couldn’t spare another thought to where the blue wolf went after that. All his attention was on the charging bear. He leapt to the side at the last second, so the bear's impressive weight missed him as the larger creature tried to swipe at him.

His back hit the cave wall, reminding him there was little room for manoeuvring, and he realised the blue wolf had come back to assist. Brave, but reckless “Keep moving, I don’t plan to stick around!” He warned. He had only planned to stop its charge and buy them both some time.

"Speech"

Ricin

Elysium
Tracker

Master Navigator (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

07-04-2022, 05:28 PM

Ricin races back in to help, delivering a bite a large paw of the grizzly before backing away. The tunnel is cramped with the two tall wolves and one large grizzly attempting to do battle. Crimson eyes dart to the taller male at his words and Ricin nods, saying, “I have an idea! Follow me!” Turning back to the bear, the blue boy lunges forward, snapping at its face and it takes an uncertain step backwards. It is all he needs. Ricin races past the bear, hoping that the stranger sticks close to his tail. Paws pull him further into the cave as the blue wolf leads them deeper into the cave system. From behind them, the sound of breaking earth can he heard along with an angry roar from the grizzly bear.

A loud crash and sickening thud resounds through the caves and Ricin swiftly pulls them to a stop. Looking to the tall stranger, the blue boy offers him a crooked smile and says, “That was awesome! Thanks for the save. I had just come to look at the paintings when I found the uh, slumbering guest. My name’s Ricin! Whatca you doing here?” Blue head tilts in curiosity as he smiles lopsidedly to the stranger.

"Ricin Dauner"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-04-2022, 05:57 PM
Mercy would take any suggestion given. As the blue wolf had a thought, Merc would be quick to follow. He let his paws take him, his worry about the oppressive cave walls all around him was virtually forgotten. Racing past the bear, and narrowingly avoiding a powerful swipe as it attempted to attack his fleeing body.

He really hoped Ricin knew what he was doing, or they were going to be trapped. The thought sent a shot of weariness through his body. He did not want to die down here, it felt enough like a grave. The sound of a body falling greeted them next, and Merc came to a stop beside the other. “Weak floor?” he asked, caution bleeding into his own tone. “I’m Mercury. I do hope you know your way around here… I just came to have a poke around”

"Speech"

Ricin

Elysium
Tracker

Master Navigator (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

07-04-2022, 06:15 PM

The plan had worked, the weakened spot Ricin had felt in his first passing gave away when the bear passed over it. He knew the area would be strong enough for them to pass over but the grizzly’s weight would be too much. A sheepish grin crosses his blue lips as the boy dips his head and says, “Yeah. Felt it when I was running the first time. Wasn’t any time to warn you but I know it would hold for us.” Another grin and he dips his head in greeting as he says, “Yeah I know my way around… kinda. Haven’t been here before but I kind of know to find things.”

With that Ricin moves to lead Mercury back toward the entrance of the cave, crimson eyes falling over to the side to look at the paintings that cover the walls. He slows, darting a glance back to taller wolf as he muses, “You know… it is amazing. The paint that must have been used to make these… it had to have been made of minerals to be able to withstand so many years…” Pausing a moment, he reaches out a white-dipped paw to lightly brush over a crude drawing of a deer as he says, “It seems to have stained the wall more than just paint the area… but the lines are too crisp be a natural stain…”

"Ricin Dauner"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-04-2022, 07:10 PM
Mercury shuddered at hearing how they had run over the spot themselves. A new fear to hold when walking in cavernous places. The ceiling falling on him, or the ground collapsing! He was lucky that Ricin seemed to have some experience with caves. Knowing what to listen for, and find his way around. “Sounds like your a handy person to run into down here”

He followed as he was led to the start of the cave. Instead of slipping immediately out, Ricin stopped to look at something inscribed on the cave walls. Mercury paused too, having missed them on his first go through. “I wonder how old these are?”

"Speech"

Ricin

Elysium
Tracker

Master Navigator (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

07-04-2022, 10:11 PM

Mercury talks about him being a handy wolf to into run and Ricin gives the taller male a happy, lopsided grin as he says, “Oh you should see me on mountains! I can find all the goat paths.” Eyes sparkle as he leaves out the part about how he prefers to use those paths. Many wolves might balk at the idea of jumping from small ledge to tiny outcropping but the blue boy trusts his eyes and knows what his body can do.

As they walk back toward the entrance, Ricin stops to examine the paintings, running a paw over on. Mercury’s question has the boy nodding his head in thought as he says, “From the looks of it… generations. No way for me to for sure right now but this red ink seems to made of hematite.” Eyes dart to Mercury as he says, “It’s a mineral that gives that distinctive color. See how, when I run my paw over it, it doesn’t rub off?”

Ricin demonstrates, running a paw heavily over the deer before showing Mercury his paw pad that is free from the red pigment. He explains, “This isn’t really paint, it is more of a selective dying process. For all we know, these have been here for… hundreds maybe even thousands of years! I noticed that seems to be some paintings don’t look like anything we know.” Ricin points to a figure that looks round and fat that stands on its back legs while holding something in its front paws.

"Ricin Dauner"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-04-2022, 10:27 PM
Mercury laughed lightly at the blue wolf's words. It sounded like he was far more accustomed to exploring than Mercury was. It was a good thing he had run into Ricin down here. If he’d encountered the bear himself, it would have only taken a few twists and turns and he might well be in trouble.

Mercury looked closer as Ricin made some educated guesses on the paint. ‘How would you make something like that?” he wondered as he raised his own paw and brushed it gently against the painting. Feeling a little like he was being disrespectful as he did so. “I can’t imagine anything existing for a hundred, let alone longer” he admitted his tone a little hushes as he admired the drawings and wondered at long ago those that had painted it had lived.

"Speech"

Ricin

Elysium
Tracker

Master Navigator (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

07-04-2022, 10:51 PM

Crimson eyes inspect the paintings closely and Mercury moves to join him. Ricin has always been a curious boy, interested to know how everything works but he doesn’t realize just how… amazing this place truly is. Mercury asks how you would make something like that and Ricin says, “Well, hematite is a mineral that is in certain rocks. If someone could find a way to crush the rocks until it is a fine paste, then you could use it like this. But it would be difficult, a lot of preparation going into making just a few paintings not to mention all of these…” it really is amazing to thing that something took the time to make the ‘ink’ and then draw each and every l animal on here. A thought occurs and they blue boy says, “You know… these have been here since before we were born. I bet they will here long after we are gone.” That is a humbling thought. Stepping back, Ricin quietly indicates the direction of the exit before leading the taller male out.

"Ricin Dauner"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-04-2022, 10:59 PM
Mercury nodded his head, realising the same thing. “These paintings will outlive us. I wonder how many years they’d last” he said, shaking his head in respect. “You say a lot of work for a few paintings, but I suppose they must have wanted to make something that would outlive them. A legacy” He said thoughtfully. He trailed a little further down, looking at the wall as he went.

He wondered what sort of story they told. Wondered what the creators were trying to say. If he could draw with pain that would outlive him, what would he draw? He thought of the land he had lost, and the family that lived no more. He knew exactly what he would want immortalised. “All of this must have been important to them”

"Speech"