gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

HomebodySnake EyesPride - Pansexual
07-05-2022, 10:28 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2022, 11:28 AM by Sayuri. Edited 1 time in total.)

Spring grew new life.

Sayuri was quite pleased that it had come at last. She did not want it to pass her by, nor Tojo-Kai. She decided to do a little planting today near the waters, letting the ocean moisture the soil instead of the Maze. The Bamboo Maze was a bit sheltered and lacked some light compared to the Bay. Moving the flower seeds she had gathered was quite easy. On this day, she would plant some marigolds. It was quite useful in the spring and summer, soothing bug bites and burns and the like. She moved through the location until she found a suitable place for them.

Marigold grew better in tropical climates, so Auster was acceptable for them. Sayuri began to dig a hole, albeit smaller than a large one. Perhaps she would make a garden of sorts? It seemed a good idea. Tenshi could assist with it too, considering she was one of Tojo-Kai's healers. Speaking of little healers, she spotted a young lady a few feet away. She appeared to be watching her. Sayuri smiled at her. "Hello," she said, pausing in her digging "I am Sayuri Chiba" she added with a polite dip of her head "I was planting some marigold if you cared to assist?" But if she did not want to join her, she would continue on her own merit.

"Speech"
228 / 1500
destroying castles in the sky
K I N G S L A Y E R
forevermore the apple of my eye

Rheum

Somnium

Master Navigator (333)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022
07-06-2022, 11:09 AM

Now that they were growing older, they were allowed to go to the bay without strict supervision. Uncle Kuroo had spent time teaching them how to swim in the calmer areas so that if they happened to fall in, they could survive. In her own opinion, the bay was nicer than the maze. All the maze ever was was boring and green and tall. Listening to the constant knocking of bamboo stalks and crickets droning on was starting to drive her crazy. Even if mama did keep her busy with plenty of healing lessons, she needed a break. Especially now that it was spring, and the heat was dying off, the cool breeze from the ocean felt nice.

Trotting along the shore, making sure to kick up some sand for fun, the plum-coated girl stopped in her tracks. A bit off the sand, in a grassy area with good dirt, a koi-patterned girl looked entranced by something in particular. She looked somewhat familiar, but Rheum couldn't remember if mama had actually introduced them yet. Not realizing she had been staring, Rheum took a step back when the girl noticed her and motioned her to come over. Hesitant at first, she took a few steps closer as the girl introduced herself as Sayuri. Curious as to what Sayuri was doing, Rheum peeked at the area. Gardening?

"Ohayō Sayuri-san, I'm Archer-Genji Rheum," oh uncle Hanzo would be proud of her for trying out more of their native language! "Rheum's fine though," she blinked her yellow eyes up at the girl a few times with a smile before turning her shortened puppy attention toward the task at hand. "Marigolds, hm. I'll assist, what can I do?" There was a tinge of eagerness in her tone as she wags her tail at the other healer.

529/1500

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

07-06-2022, 11:40 AM
Rheum. A name she did not really know or had even heard of personally. Nonetheless, the girl was eager to help. "A pleasure, Rheum" Sayuri dipped her head again, turning back to the little garden. Where to start... Hmm. "marigolds grow wonderfully in tropical places" She continued "so I thought to plant them here, near the coast" The shade of the Bamboo Maze wouldn't let them grow to their full potential! She required them to be strong and hearty for the sake of the pack "I had thought to make a garden, for the healers." Did Rheum have an interest in healing or was she just being a polite little helper? Either way, Sayuri would welcome the company.

They moved closer and she gave a gesture with one slim paw. "We shall do a row of marigold" Sayuri instructed, "the other rows could be for other plants" She proceeded to dig more, in a straight line as Rheum got to work on their own merit "are you versed in botany, Rheum-chan?" she asked the girl, smiling warmly at her, stopping with her digging to inquire. She lifted a paw to wipe at her brow, leaving a smear of brown earth. Sayuri did not seem to mind this, for the water was quite close. She would cool off and also bathe soon. As soon as they are done, that is. There was surely no rush, for there was more work to be done.

"Speech"
771 / 1500
K I N G S L A Y E R

Rheum

Somnium

Master Navigator (333)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022
07-07-2022, 06:53 AM

Rheum was pleased to see that this Sayuri was happy to let her help. Her tail wagged slowly between her hind legs as she listened intently. Both yellow eyes were bright and excited to drink in the new knowledge. While her mum was a great teacher, she was also super busy with the rest of her siblings; and all Rheum wanted to do was learn. If she couldn't find something to do, she would get bored, and well, being bored is boring. Maybe this Sayuri would help her learn new things all the time! An even more excited wag of her tail stirred up the dust and sand around her as she nodded at Sayuri's words.

A garden for healers?! That sounded a lot more fun since she and Fuji had been temporarily banned from mum's garden. Something about planting forbidden plants in it... How was she supposed to know that the plant that made her woozy wasn't allowed? Her eyes would turn as she moved closer to listen to Sayuri's instructions. Without hesitation, Rheum got to work digging the row beside Sayuri. Feeling the warmth of the sun on her back did make her sweat a bit, but she paid no mind as she was happy to help Sayuri begin a new garden along the bay's shore.

Immersed in digging her row meticulously, Rheum paused to look up at Sayuri when she asked if she knew any botany.  "Oh, some, yes! Mum teaches me when she can," Rheum pauses as she too wipes her paw across her brow to keep sweat from her eyes. "I know Marigold is good for sore throats and cuts," her puppy-like voice chirps happily as her tail begins wagging again. "That's right, right?" She's uncertain for a moment, though she has no reason to doubt her mother's teachings.

1075/1500

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

07-07-2022, 01:26 PM
It felt very good to teach the younger generation. Sayuri's smile twitched in happiness when the girl joined her. "Is your mother Sedna?" She did not know for sure but did not think it was Tenshi. They looked much too different to be related by first blood. "you are right; marigold is useful for cuts, burns, and throats. It is able to soothe, like lavender, yet is not as widely used." Lavender, she thought, was very vast. Far-reaching. It was common sense, compared to marigold. Something about lavender just soothed everything and everyone. Perhaps the color? Marigolds were... pop! Eye-catching! Very 'in your face'.

The pair continued to plant the best they could. Sayuri allowed Rheum to dig while she dropped marigold seeds in the holes left behind. Covering up the mounds of dirt, they were almost done. Now they needed to water, but she had thought of that. Dragging a sheepskin flash of cool water, she pawed it toward the girl. "Do you wish to water as well?" she asked her, considering the little one seemed very excited about the work "it is fine if not; I can if not!" she added cheerfully. Soon, perhaps next season, the marigolds would sprout. They would flourish wonderfully here, if not tread upon.

Sayuri would have to seek out Hattori Hanzo and ask him if she could wall off a section of the garden. He would no doubt let them all know to stay away from it, not step on the precious flowers. Sayuri would make a secluded garden somewhere far from little children, for her precious poisonous plants. The den was not suitable, since little paws could find their way in there. Curious minds could eat the poison. She did not wish for this to happen, even if her antidotes were always at the ready. She made sure they were, just in case an accident happened. Though she used mostly wisteria, she dabbled in the cures of all other poisons.

"What other plants do you know of, Rheum-chan?" the koi woman asked, curious and also quite happy to continue a conversation between them. The girl was polite and well-mannered; she would have to thank her parents for such a thing. Sayuri had wondered if she would ever have children of her own. The thought was fleeting at best; she still felt young... And there was no proper suitor around. Sigh. There were many men in Tojo-Kai, but she hadn't felt a deep connection with any of them yet. There was still time, to be sure. The men here were all nice, kind... They welcomed her. Perhaps due to her pelt colors, but nonetheless she felt accepted here.

"Speech"
1500/1500
K I N G S L A Y E R