size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipDouble MasterThe Ooze Participant
06-30-2022, 06:27 AM

Winter was swinging into Spring with ease. The snow melted along the shoreline as the petite female made her way to the sound of lapping waves. While it was still too cold to make way to the isle, there would be plenty of fish from the main shore. Having crafted a net during her spare time back in Ashen, Celeste was eager to try it out somewhere other than the Rio Grande. Those waters were still plenty frozen over. As she approached, she noticed the tide was out and smiled happily to herself. Doing this alone would be a tad more difficult, but not impossible. Picking her way out toward where the water rested, she began sticking the two larger poles she had attached the net to into the sand. Once the tide came back in, all she had to do was wait for the water to wash in and out.

fish for fish 1/3

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

Expert Intellectual (215)

An icon representing the specialty Beast Master Beast Master

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
06-30-2022, 06:35 AM
Corbie had swum out to the island after catching a glimpse of the interesting structures from the shore. It hadn't been a planned stop on her trip, but she couldn't resist. And as she rounded the corner of the island, she was glad she hadn't, because another wolf seemed to be setting something intriguing up on the beach. "Excuse me," she called out to the stranger. "I don't mean to be a bother, but I was curious about what you were doing." It seemed to be some cordage all woven up and attached to a pole in the sand, but having never tried nor even seen someone net fishing, she couldn't quite fathom what it was all for. Some sort of enclosure for something? But why set it up on the beach, where they couldn't get anything to eat?
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times

Seven

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
06-30-2022, 11:50 AM
Swim swim swim... hed finally found her even though he didnt know how. She also smelled of his old masters pack. Seven knew better than to assume she abandoned him hed simply been foolish wandered too far from the master. As he pulled himself onto the shore he could see another had already been asking Celeste what she was doing. Seven silently crawled a few feet from her side staring at the net. It made him smile widely nodding his head, celeste seemed to be better at hunting now then again itd been a few seasons by now.

"F.eshhh" he croaked happily. Making sure his shadow did not cover the water. He was in the presence of masters now. Seven lowered his ears and flopped on the ground staring at the unmoving waters. He wanted to catch something too.

Celeste

Somnium

Master Intellectual (375)

Master Hunter (370)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

07-01-2022, 07:10 AM

With the two poles securely dug into the sand where the loose netting wouldn't be swept away, Celeste took a few steps back. Admiring her work, her ears caught the sound of someone approaching. A girl also cloaked in ebony and ivory approached as she called out a question. Letting out a quiet hum under her breath as she glanced back at her trap, she took a moment to think about how to explain it. Once the girl was close enough, she turned her attention back to her.

"I've crafted a net attached on the ends by two poles. Hopefully, when the tide comes in, it will sweep any fish or crustaceans into the net where they'll get tangled up. Usually works better in rivers, but figured I'd try out here," Celeste shrugs her shoulders before turning her aquamarine gaze back out to shore. Slowly, the tide began to move back in. Each sway of the waves inched closer to her trap. "If I have the poles in good enough, it shouldn't get swept away," she added on with a slight grimace.

In the next moment, more movement caught her eye as a very wet and slightly cowering wolf approached. "Seven, I wondered when you'd show back up," the petite girl comments with a small chuckle before looking back to the netting.

fish for fish 2/3

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

Expert Intellectual (215)

An icon representing the specialty Beast Master Beast Master

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
07-03-2022, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2022, 05:38 AM by Corbie. Edited 1 time in total.)
Corbie studied the net with interest as the stranger explained it. She'd never considered such a thing - had never even eaten fish, actually, so didn't really connect to the idea of actively fishing for them - so it was fascinating to learn about. In retrospect, it worked no differently than a snare, really, except slightly scaled up and in the water. It allowed a lone wolf to gather far more food for less effort than traditional hunting methods, without resorting to working with strangers to take down larger game and sharing it out. There were no large water sources where she lived and would continue to live even if she eventually brought her plans for a pack to life, so it might not have the greatest utility for her, but knowledge was knowledge. It was never really wasted. She wanted to see how well it worked, so she stayed and watched the tide move closer and closer to the trap. "Do you wait until the tide goes back out to collect them? What do you do if something too large gets stuck in them?"

The appearance of an extremely subservient looking wolf crawling up to them through the sand provoked immediate concern in Corbie. Not for herself, because she could take care of herself even if the odd wolf turned out to be dangerous, but for the wolf itself. Something seemed wrong with the wolf. She was no healer to be able to figure it out and treat it, but if she'd come across an animal acting so strangely she'd have avoided it rather than hunt it. A brief frown crossed her features at the name the fisher-wolf provided for him. Seven? That was a number, not a name. Stranger names out there, yes, but it spoke to dehumanizing (dewolfanizing?) the strange wolf. And the fact that the fisher knew his name and seemed to be so casual about his behavior was... concerning. "Hello," she said gently to the wolf, Seven. "My name is Corbie. You two know each other?" The question was directed at both Seven and the fisher.
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times

Seven

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
07-09-2022, 10:53 AM
Seven was definitely curious about the net his eyes scanning carefully over the system. He didn't like it, but perhaps it was because when times changed so did they. Moving to the edge of the water he watched the water for a few moments this place was teeming with fish even he knew that. Maybe he if caught one Celeste would forgive him? Corbie too, another master it seemed the small boy turned to look at Corbie but never made eye contact keeping his gaze on her chest. Did they know each other? Seven gave a nod and a happy wag of his tail, this was his master currently though he'd found himself masterless over and over again. Would she take him back to her pack? He'd like that he'd once been a part of Ashen after all. Yet that wasn't up to him and he didn't care to make the decision. Instead he returned to the net inspecting the poles before he sat down at the edge.

Seven's ears twitched focusing on the water, though he could see the little shapes of fish already moving towards the shore. These ones were tiny too tiny to catch in the net so he took a change. Plunging his head in he pulled two tiny fish from the water. Dropping one in front of Celeste and then gingerly offering the other to Corbie. Then settled beside Celeste again as he wanted to hear more of this conversation and see her contraption at work for sure. The end of his tail twitched, but despite this the small male seemed to be content.

Celeste

Somnium

Master Intellectual (375)

Master Hunter (370)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

07-11-2022, 09:09 AM

Celeste was happy to answer any questions the girl had. Teaching in a way was self-fulfilling and the girl seemed interested. "If this were a river, I would go in the water and take them out, but since we're at the ocean, it is best to wait until the tide goes back out," her gaze stays on the net as the water continues to inch toward her contraption. It wouldn't be long now until the net was submerged. Taking a moment to think about her next question, a slight frown creased her lips. "Honestly, if something too large does get stuck, it will most likely rip a hole in it and go back out. The one downside to these nets is that it only catches fish that are made for those size of holes," she points a paw out to the net as the water begins to envelop it.

From the corner of her eye, she notices Seven acting as Seven normally did. As he presented the small fish to them, she smiled gingerly at him when he went to her side. "He doesn't speak," Celeste turns her attention back to the girl now known as Corbie. "We met awhile back and he seemed to get attached to me, but all I did was be nice to him," her shoulders shrug before her attention turns back to the netting. "I'm Celeste, by the way, I don't intend to be rude. Got caught up in talking about the net," she laughs lightly as she watches the net become fully submerged. "I believe Seven used to be a slave for someone and was released without care," her tone is solemn as she steals a glance at the boy.

While the net is submerged, the waves continue to roll in and out. Revealing the top of the net, a couple of tail fins cause ripples on the surface of the water. They would still need to wait a bit longer for the tide to go back out until it was safe. "Oh, right!" Celeste chirps as she remembers she hadn't finished explaining why it was best to wait. "A larger wolf might not need to wait as long, but since I am rather petite, it is easy for the tide to sweep me away," she nods as she looks over to Corbie. "Looks like there will be some fish today though," Celeste smiles before glancing at Seven. Turning her attention back to the netting, she is content to wait. "Did you have any other questions?" The girl asks kindly, still happy to answer whatever came to mind.

fish for fish 3/3