Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

HomebodySnake EyesPride - Pansexual
07-18-2022, 04:50 PM

It was high time to visit Boreas again.

Sayuri waited until the tide lowered a bit before crossing the Bifrost. She walked around the sharp spikey shells that had washed across the land bridge. Careful, cautious... She wished to avoid them. However, another was not so lucky. She hears a sharp yelp of pain, followed by fumbling noises.

"Hello?" she called out, spotting a dark-light form in the near distance. The koi woman walks until she spots the boy. He seems huddled over. Blood stains a bit of the ground. She sets to work immediately on him, coming closer with a frown "do you require assistance?" Sayuri prompts him into speaking.

It might not be fun, to speak through pain, but she is able to at least tell he is doing better than he looks.

"Speech"
0/3 - treat patient

destroying castles in the sky
K I N G S L A Y E R
forevermore the apple of my eye

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

Expert Intellectual (210)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
07-22-2022, 01:33 AM
Southern Boreas was much different from the North. It was warmer here for a start and the lands even started to become more colorful and vibrant. More like the yearling had been used to when he was living in Lyenne. The young man knew it was probably better to turn back, to head back to the Gorge but something kept his paws moving forward despite what should have been better judgement. His tail swished thoughtfully behind him and a moment later he was really wishing he had been more cautious.

Sharp pain in his left forepaw caused the youth to yelp and stumble, awkwardly crushing the spiny shelled ball against the pad once more before he managed to get to a "resting" position. Well wasn't this fantastic? Whatever these things on the ground were they were sharp and they hurt. He was definitely bleeding too… ugh…

A stranger's voice calling out to him caught Beau's attention and he glanced up at her with a small frown. "Probably," He tells her through gritted teeth. "I stepped on one of these pointy ball things and their shell cut me… would you happen to be able to help me get this thing out? I'd be ever so grateful."

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

07-22-2022, 12:46 PM

She draws close, inspecting the embedded shell with her eyes. It would be hell on earth to walk about with that sticking out. "I shall yank it out" she tells him bluntly "once it is expelled, proceed to lick the cut until I say so." Sayuri wiggles a bit before bending her head, attempting to lick the blood and sand around the cut to clean it. She spits the excess to the side. Once it is clean enough, she grips the shell.

Tightly, in her teeth.

She does not yank or pull yet. Her blue eyes draw upward, waiting for a sign to begin. But that was the trick, no? She waited until he expected it, waiting further until she pulls. The movement is fluid; it does not drag out. It is one pull and the shell is gone from his paw pad. Blood pours from the wound, but it is a surface cut. It will bleed excess blood. "Lick!" Sayuri instructs, not wishing to see the boy bleed out.

"Do not get it on the water" she adds "do not let it touch; it will sting." Saltwater will do that.

"Speech"
1/3 - treat patient

K I N G S L A Y E R

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

07-22-2022, 03:47 PM

Beauregard could only hope that she was actually able to help. By her tone, demeanor, and some assuming on his part he figured the woman before him now was a healer of sorts. Just like when he was a pup the ashen cream and black-furred yearling would look to a healer helplessly when he injured himself. He could grasp hunting, fighting, sure… But taking care of his injuries? He was never good at that. Alessa had been the one to help him and Kendrick alike… but he didn’t have a personalized healer anymore. They had gone their separate ways…

The woman examined the embedded shell and stated she would yank it out. It didn’t… sound like it’d feel great, and apparently, it would bleed a lot. His ears lowered as she said that and swallowed hard. Right, he’d be fine. He’d just have to follow her instructions… he’d be okay… hopefully. “I’m uh… not going to bleed out… right?” Maybe it was a bit late to be considering that. He held the paw awkwardly, a soft whine escaping his lips. Was it too late to tell her not to take it out?

The moment she grasped the shell and he felt the strain of it trying to hold onto the paw pad Beau whimpered again, trying to brace himself. By this point, his ears are pinned against his skull, his eyes are widened, and his breathing is coming faster. Being “ready” is an understatement… he is merely rigid as if her pulling this spikey shell out of his paw is going to kill him. He’d never been good at handling an injury, and thus far he’d been lucky in Boreas… He hadn’t really gotten hurt bad enough to need serious help. Until now.

Then when she finally pulls it’s a fluid movement. The spiny shell comes free and a yelp of pain escapes Beau; if one didn’t know better and only heard the yearling they might think someone was being tortured. Blood started to pour from the wound at a rapid rate and Beauregard pales, staring at it in horror for a moment before the healer’s instruction snaps him back into reality. He moves his head to the pad and starts licking as if his life depends on it… for all he knows it could. He knew little about wounds other than they bleed and bleeding a lot was bad… and this one was bleeding a lot.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

07-22-2022, 08:57 PM

"Calm."

Sayuri is soothing, not demanding nor condescending. The blood soaks the water and washes away, yet the boy does do as he is told. He does not dip it into the waves. She stares as he begins to lick, the soothing motion of the repetitive action slowly closing the wound. Licking it the right way, even, would harden the blood flow.

"Can one walk to the other side?" she asked, glancing at the nearby shore. Sayuri pressed against the boy to give him some balance "if one steps here, the salt will burn one's wound. I can get moss on the other side, along with other herbs. I can bandage it well" Her pool-like eyes lifted, giving a nod to land. He would do his best to walk, surely, or hobble there. "you shall not bleed out." She added, recalling his panic.

"Speech"
2/3 - treat patient

K I N G S L A Y E R

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

07-22-2022, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2022, 09:19 PM by Beauregard. Edited 2 times in total.)

The woman speaks soothingly, not seeming to want to add distress when the youth was already in a bit of a panic. She asks him to be calm, something Beauregard wishes he could be, currently. He laps at the wound, over and over, trying to soothe the hurt he had suffered. His ears remain lowered back, his eyes shifting their attention to her. There is fear within them, surely, betraying his inexperience with injury. The youth doesn’t fear much, not the fight, but not knowing if a wound is dangerous, that, however, bothers him. Beauregard doesn’t fear death by battle… but bleeding out? It had always been a fear of his, and fear as a warrior he would need to grapple with.

She asks if he could walk to the other side and he follows her gaze. He frowns, listening to her as she continued to speak and press against him to offer him some balance. The salt, the salt of the water, would burn the wound. He’d learned the hard way about the salt in the water - it wasn’t good for drinking either so he didn’t doubt the healer spoke the truth. And, at last, her next words offer reassurance. Beauregard breathes out, expelling a breath he didn’t realize had been held for so long.

“T-thank you.” He managed to get a grip on himself, holding the injured paw higher, towards his chest as he starts to hobble forward. “It’s probably silly… I’m… not really sure what to do when I get a wound.” He starts to relax, though he’s feeling embarrassed from his earlier freakout. “I freeze up… I panic if there’s a lot of blood…” Beauregard was partly speaking to keep his mind off the pain as he continued forth. “I’m supposed to be a warrior but… some warrior I am… panicking at something that wouldn’t even kill me.” His voice became a bit sad.

“I’d probably still be panicking with that shell in my paw, had you not come along…” Beau confessed. “I really can’t thank you enough, miss…?”

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

07-23-2022, 12:11 AM

"Sayuri."

She assists him in walking, allowing the larger male to use his weight unevenly against her. Their steps are slow and methodical. Eventually, they reach the other side and she lets him sit down. The koi woman walks away, breaking from his side to inspect the medicinal plants in the area. There is moss, yes.

She takes a heap of it.

Returning to the boy, she looks at his paw mentally. The bleeding has slowed a bit. "No shame" she replies to his concerns "it was a lot of blood, and we are not impervious to hurt. If we are, one could claim they are oni - demons" Something along the lines of; if you felt no pain, you are dead inside and out "pain is life" Sayuri continued swiftly "blood a reminder one is alive."

The boy had licked the blood to a slow stop, but she pushed some moss onto the open wound. She did not stuff it against the wound, but wrapped it around the paw pad instead so it could cushion. "Press pad against ground - no sand! - hard. Pain stop and blood stop flowing."

"Speech"
3/3 - treat patient

K I N G S L A Y E R

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

07-23-2022, 05:04 AM

Sayuri.

She was kind, and her way of speaking was different enough in a way that reminded him a bit of Torben… though not the same at all. Her accent was different, suggesting she was from different lands, and therefore a different pack, all together. She allowed him to use his weight against her own form, helping him get to the other side. Their going was slow, but, for Beauregard, the talk helped a fair deal. Once they had safely made it he flopped down a bit unceremoniously on his rump while he waited for her to gather what she needed.

Her words help reassure him. Beau let out a breath, flicking his ears forward again. “I get what you mean. We call them Dreamends, in the land I’m from… but I’d assume they are one and the same. Demons are demons, and never good.” He had heard tales of those who did not feel pain as the mortal creatures did, and rather… enjoyed causing it. Beasts with souls black than any night, who were colder than ice and crueler than anything you could imagine. No matter what name you called them, they were bad news.

She had pushed some moss against the wound, wrapping it around his pad so that it could cushion the injury. Beau watched, fascinated, as she treated him, giving a nod when she gave her instruction. “Right.” Beau got to his paws, starting towards the grassy area a bit farther from where they were sitting. He paused though, offering a smile to the healer. “My name’s Beauregard, by the way… I realized you gave me your name, but I hadn’t given mine.” Then, with that, he hobbled the rest of the way to the grass, doing as instructed and pressing down hard upon the paw.

To his relief, just like Sayuri said, the pain eased up. He wouldn’t be able to see if the blood stopped flowing but he trusted it would. At least he was able to put weight on that paw now.

…and perhaps it was time to return the favor, no?

“Hey Sayuri,” Beau called to her. “Do you happen to need any herbs around here? I’d like to help you collect some, if so.” Did he know anything about herbs? Not really. But he had appreciated her gesture and one kind action deserved another, right?

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

07-24-2022, 10:19 AM

"One is kind to ask" Sayuri began, glancing around pointily "yet not anything of use grows here but moss" And moss she had plenty of! Beauregard - what an interesting name - would perhaps be adamant about assisting her though. He seemed the type to go over himself in order to assist others "the salt is particular; it kills healing herbs" she shakes her head "not much grows here to be of use."

She had combed over the Bifrost plenty of times. Apart from seaweed, she knew of nothing else to be collected for usage. She admitted defeat long ago, traveling between Boreas and Auster. She still had to scratch the surface of herbs in Boreas. Perhaps another time, another day... She could make use of Beauregard's skills. However, Hanzo Hattori's voice cradles in her ear. Accept help from no outsiders. Tojo-kai is self-reliant. No trade, no assistance...

"Speech"

K I N G S L A Y E R

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

07-26-2022, 12:28 AM

Beauregard’s ears lowered a little as Sayuri said that there was nothing here of use except the moss. That was a bit disappointing, truth be told. The yearling had hoped to help her and return the favor she’d done for him. To some, perhaps, it might seem like such a small thing. A healer doing their duty, perhaps… But Beauregard felt bad if he couldn’t at least do something for her. It might have felt like little, but to Beau the fact Sayuri had taken time out of her own day to help him, a complete stranger? That meant a whole heck of a lot.

“I wonder why it’s so salty…” He glanced toward the water. “But I guess it kind of makes sense. I tried it once, not knowing that it had salt. Instant regret.” He chuckled softly. His gaze slid back to the healer as he maintained a soft look in his gaze. “Well… if you’re going inland, towards Boreas, I can still offer my assistance there as I head back home.” He offered a smile. “...and if not you can consider it a favor to call upon next time you see me! I don’t want to let such a kind act go without one in return.” His words were genuine and innocent. But in the end, it was up to her if she would take him up on the offer or call upon him the next time they met.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

07-27-2022, 07:14 PM

"Company would be appreciated" Sayuri began, giggling at his insistence "we shall find a mighty stock of herbs" Together, two were better than one! She would bat her eyes at him if she thought he was an easy target of her flirtation, but she knew his type... Not quite interested in women. The vibe she got from him, and that was fine. Courtesans came in every flavor, even if geisha were strictly female "come, come..." But it didn't stop her from dragging him along.

He would rue the day he asked to assist her! Mischievously, that is. She was not malicious. She had no mean bone in her body - which was a lie. She could be petty, but Beauregard had been kind to her. She would allow him to repay his debt. Sayuri began to walk north, humming to a tune in her skull. "Does one live in Boreas?" she asked the lad, side-glancing at him as he caught up with her.

"Speech"

K I N G S L A Y E R

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

07-28-2022, 10:01 PM

Beauregard smiled as Sayuri said that the company would be appreciated. She was right, together they would find a great number of herbs! His tail wagged back and forth happily and padded after her. He didn’t realize that she had picked up on his own personal preference for romantic company; a preference he didn’t even realize he had yet. The yearling hadn’t had anyone he had become interested in just yet, not finding one closer to her age that was appealing just yet. He wasn’t sure what herbs they’d be looking for, but he was happy to help, grateful he could provide a service to Sayuri just as she had to him.

He caught up with Sayuri after a few strides, the pain in his paw fading to a dull feeling now. She asked if he lived in Boreas and Beau gave a small nod. “I do,” The male stated softly. “Way up North, where even now it’s much colder than it is here.” He smiled a bit brighter. “I like it though! It’s nice, though I appreciate being able to explore as well.” He twitched his ears happily. “My alpha-to-be is working on setting up a home for us. We’re just waiting until her training is complete.” He glanced towards Sayuri.

“Since you asked if I’m from Boreas, is it safe to say that you live in Auster?” He asked. “You have the scent of others on your coat. I can only assume you live with a pack.” His words were innocent, not at all of ill intent. Beauregard wasn’t a mean wolf, nor a manipulative one. He spoke with honest answers and curiosity, nothing more.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

08-03-2022, 01:31 PM

She gives a conversational nod. Listening more than asking. Talking less but allowing him to speak. "Alpha... to be?" Sayuri invites the boy to explain further if wanted, but she does not take offense if not "I hear some packs, they had fallen?" Was a new community coming to fruition soon? "sense, it makes, for new ones to crop up!" She would take the information back to Tojo-kai if possible. Soon, hopefully.

Beauregard directs the question back. She does not flinch or twitch or do... anything to show her truth. "I live anywhere" Sayuri lies, knowing her pack did not take well to visitors. She would deter the boy from visiting, sadly "I have friends in Auster, so I had come to visit" she explains "but I do not belong to any planned place" She shakes her head "it is easier, to be a healer... To have no formal place. At least when one is training."

"Speech"

K I N G S L A Y E R

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

08-06-2022, 09:23 PM

Beauregard gave a nod. “Mhm! Her name is Wren. She’s very nice. I sparred with her when I first arrived in Boreas, and she offered me a home, a place to be…” He trailed off, his eyes shining happily. It was clear that he truly appreciated the woman. She was more than just some alpha to him; she was a friend. “I don’t know about any packs falling, unfortunately. I’m still learning about Boreas… and I’ve never been to Auster though I hear some wolves live there as well. But I do know Wren intends to raise a new pack in the North. We’ve been waiting for her, staying with an allied pack for the time being.”

He was a bit surprised that she was on her own, a loner. He frowned, ears lowering a little at this. “I’m sorry,” He frowned deeply. “That sounds really lonely.” His gaze shifted to the land before them. “I was a loner for a little while. It’s custom for wolves of my home pack, Abyssium, to leave on a pilgrimage when we turn a year old. To learn the ways of the land and prove we have what it takes to survive. When we become adults, at two, we are free to return if we wish, or we can choose to make ourselves a home elsewhere. There is no judgment… though anyone who tries to return before that time is chased from the pack, forbidden to return…”

Beau shook his head. “I don’t like living as a loner. I hate feeling lonely…” He confessed. “The freedom to see different lands is nice though. To wander where you will, never stressing about returning back someplace. Both lifestyles have their perks I guess.” He glanced back at Sayuri. “Well… If being a loner suits you better as a healer, then I hope your journeys are safe ones.” He meant well, sincerity in his voice. His gaze flicked back towards the land they were heading toward.

“Are you a very skilled healer then? I’ve never really been good with plants… My parents tried to get me used to them for first aid but, I’m a bit helpless.” He gave a soft chuckle. “Though the moss was a really neat trick. I wouldn’t have thought to use it like this.”

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

08-08-2022, 06:45 AM

Lonely? She supposed it could be, but the woman giggled regardless. "Is not lonely" she began, tail swaying "I meet many wolves, all from different paths" The woman looks to the optimistic side of being a pseudo-loner "a pack hinders at times. Weighed down by regulation and politics" She knew Tojo-kai did... They did not like others to be aware of them, she assumed "I may speak to whom I wish." She did it anyway, content to keep the Bamboo Maze far away from her socialising as possible.

That is why she did not tell young Beauregard. "I am learning" she told him "it is, ah, much at times?" She shook her head "so much to learn!" She smiled, not bitter about the journey it took her on "most is common sense" Sayuri admits to the boy "though many prefer traditional medicine. That is what I struggle with. I am... how you say? Creative?" She scrunched her brows, frowning. Was that the word for such a thing? She did not know the common tongue very well. Not as fluidly as Japanese.

"Speech"

K I N G S L A Y E R

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

08-08-2022, 11:08 PM

It wasn’t lonely for her? Beauregard was surprised to hear this. He supposed meeting different wolves was definitely a perk, but what about when you said goodbye? He didn’t imagine most loners stuck together for long… or maybe they did? He furrowed his brow a little. She wasn’t wrong in saying that a pack could hinder a wolf with a love of wandering. He had duties to tend to when he returned, even though the pack had yet to fully be formed. He didn’t mind it but he could see the point that Sayuri was making. As a loner, she could talk to whoever she wanted without worrying about some sort of pack relations or politics. It left her free.

She went on to say that she was learning… and that it was a lot. Yeah, that sounded about on par with what Alessa had told him. She had learned so much in her first year it felt but she said it was barely the start of everything a healer could, or should know. Hearing most of it was common sense he frowned a little. It didn’t feel like common knowledge… was he just dumb then? Someone who didn’t understand how herbs worked? He didn’t dwell on the thought.

“Traditional medicine is great and all, but what if you discover a new or better way to treat something? Being creative pays off sometimes.” He looked at her seriously. “I say experiment when you can, and don’t focus on just the old ways of doing something. You won’t know if something works if you don’t try.” He hadn’t noticed her struggle to find the right words. Sure he had noticed her accent, but he believed he understood her well enough.

"Speech," 'Thought.'