Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Asena

Overachiever
08-03-2022, 10:48 PM

Our lives are made in these small hours

He had been doing as he promised Lucette, mostly. Laying there doing nothing though wasn't his style. As soon as luce was better and off adventuring again he was alone alot.

He had taken the time to skin the bison calf, which honestly was more of a yearling. Though it didn't have as much fur as some. Though he kind of liked the shorter fur. He'd laid it out in the sun to tan, and had worked it into a pliable material over the days. He'd also been secretly taking short hunting trips. He'd obtained a few pelts to work with from the trips. Though nothing huge or substantial.

He'd been working since Luce had taken off this morning on his gift for her. Though he also knew he had woken her earlier than normal with another of his nightmares. A dark cloud had been over him all day. He'd woken screaming, and it had taken him alot to realize he wasn't back in his past. He still didn't tell Lucy, but how could he?

He was a monster by blood, and while he did try, he wasn't sure anything could change him. He'd seen it recently. When he fought Bells, it had surfaced, Luce had seen it. He liked to pretend he had control of it, but he knew he didn't.

He stopped what he was doing, looking down at the peice. He'd cut it into something he felt would fit Luce and sewn it with more leather strips to shape how he wanted it. It was sort of like a vest.

It was just missing the fur collar, which was drying out over the railing. He'd taken it to a stream to wash out the fur from being skinned and tanned. It was a plush and soft bit and the vest was thick enough he could see it protecting her well. Add the fact that he had sewn a pocket for her herbs on it and it was perfect for her.

He sat up and took the fur collar down. It had been there for long enough. He'd hidden the work from Luce so she wouldn't scold him for it. She didn't need to worry more. Though his stitches her old man had put in were holding fine.

He started to stitch the fur to the vest carefully. Stitching some of the fur to the inside so it would flip out and then back and be comfortable. He was using some hairs from horses he had scavenged. The thread was fine but he was stitching it almost double in spots, using a bone he had carefully made into a needle. It would hold forever if he did it well. Luce would look good with it.

He was just finishing as the sun set. He eyed it, and then sighed. His face was set with a light frown. He was making this so she had protection from everything, even himself. He sat up and looked out over the grassy plains. Luce would be appearing any minute now he was sure.

Walk, "talk", Think

These little wonders these twists and turns of fate

Art by Asena

As his best friend and personal medic, Lucette is allowed to enter Bae-Syl's threads as she sees fit. That being said Bae-Syl is her self appointed protector and might enter threads with her in them to ensure her safety.

Lucette

Vedia
Keeper

Advanced Healer (85)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
08-04-2022, 01:12 AM

Lucy had been doing some thinking now that she was on the mend. Getting down and out with that cold had put a damper on her spirits, and even now she had a mild cough, but she felt well enough to be up and on her own. Her parents had come by the day prior, saying their farewells before they made their trip north. Lucette was sad to see them go. They had all been loners even since she was born, and her parents for longer. It felt strange knowing they were going to be part of some pack, forced to follow the rules and regulations laid out by some alpha. She didn’t like it, but she knew they were getting older. They deserved to have some time together, and be happy before they retired from doing most things. A pack would keep them safe.

Her mother had wanted her and Bae-Syl to come with them after they got sick but Lucy had put her foot down. She was sticking with Bae, and she wasn’t interested. She loved her mom and dad but the idea of not having her freedom as she had it now was not appealing in the slightest. But that was alright. Sometimes kids grew up with different lives from their parents. They took different paths and that was okay. She didn’t hate them; they had raised her the best they could, up until her wanderings got her separated from them. But that was her fault, not theirs.

That said the morning wake-up she’d gotten had shaken her. He hadn’t been ready to talk about the nightmare, or what he woke up screaming, but Lucette had made a mental note to press about it later on. Something was bothering him and she wanted to know what it was. He was always trying to protect and save her, and if it was something that bothered him, shouldn’t she be worried about it too? If it was something she had to be cautious about, or watch out for, she needed to know before it happened. She cared deeply about Bae-Syl and valued his opinion. She had even managed to stay a whole extra day and a half after she started to recover without leaving the farmhouse. Not that she left for long, no. She was just as wary of him getting up and looking for her as he was of her wandering off. They were certainly a pair.

This time as she made her way back, the sun setting on the horizon, she was aware that she was being followed by something even smaller than herself. A little taller than half her height a melanistic feline padded quietly after her. She didn’t seem to want to cause Luce any harm, however, and so she hadn’t chased the creature off. If anything, the young feline merely seemed curious about the tiny she-wolf. What could it hurt letting it tail her? If the creature did decide to become a pain she was sure one good growl from Bae would send it scurrying with its tail between its legs.

Lucette could see the back porch and glanced over her shoulder. The feline had stopped, though its eyes were still on her. Their gazes met for a brief moment before Lucy continued toward the farmhouse where she saw the rainbow-marked man waiting for her.

“I’m back Bae!” She called to him. She had been out longer today than anticipated but he was here and hopefully that meant he wouldn’t be too worried. She made her way up the steps to him and pressed against his chest in greeting. She hadn’t even noticed what he had been making yet, more concerned about greeting him after being gone all day.

“Sorry, I know I was gone longer today.” She apologized. “Are you feeling better from this morning?”

"Talk", 'Think.'

Art by Asena
Lucette has two companions - a kodkod and a saw-scaled viper. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Bae-Syl, as Lucette's bestie, guardian, and mate is welcome to invade her threads at any time regardless of how they are marked.

Bae-Syl

Vedia
Guardian

Expert Fighter (186)

Advanced Hunter (60)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Asena

Overachiever
08-04-2022, 02:44 AM

The sight of Luce approaching made him happy for the moment. His eyes watched her approach though he wasn't sure she could see the darkness in them right now. His eyes watched beyond her too, shadows encroaching on her, and he pressed his ears back.

One moment it was his best friend then it was his mom, he had to blink several times to make it stop. Another sigh passed his lips.

He knew she didn't want to be tied down or follow someone else's rule so he hadn't expressed it when her parents were here, but damn he sometimes wished she had more sense. He she came to cuddle up and great a dangerous beast and had no clue as to him ever being dangerous. but if he told her how dangerous he really was, he wasn't sure she wouldn't run. But sometimes, damn it, he wished she would run from him.

As she greeted him he blinked back to reality, but those shadows still lingered in the distance. He looked down to her and gave her a forced smile. "Definitely. Did u have fun with your explorations today?" He needed to change the subject and distract her before she asked more or caught onto his bold faced lie.

He pulled the vest closer to them with his paw, gently. It looked perfectly sized for her now that he had her sitting in front of him. The leather would keep her safe from any fangs he could lay on her and from anyone who dared lay a tooth or claw on his pixie. 'Yes, she is ours isn't she...' the whisper in his ear would of made him jump long ago, when he was a pup but not now. He had fought this one down before and now he would have to tolerate it until he remembered how to do that again.

"I made you something.... to protect you and help you with your herbs." he was hesitant with the protecting her part. He didn't need her catching on that he thought she was actually in danger right now, but he also kind of wished she knew how dangerous he was so she wouldn't be so relaxed around his demons.

This cloud wasn't going away anytime soon.

Walk, "talk", Think

Art by Asena

As his best friend and personal medic, Lucette is allowed to enter Bae-Syl's threads as she sees fit. That being said Bae-Syl is her self appointed protector and might enter threads with her in them to ensure her safety.

Lucette

Vedia
Keeper

Advanced Healer (85)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light

08-04-2022, 03:05 AM

His response was a bit too positive, Lucette noticed. Definitely? There was something about his tone too that she wasn’t able to place… something felt off. Almost forced? Now that she really thought about it, since they had gotten sick, he had been acting a little bit off. He’d always been protective, but something else was bothering him. And the pixie-sized girl was going to get to the bottom of it. Yet, as she drew back and prepared to open her maw Bae-Syl was quick to change the subject.

He moved something closer and Lucette’s gaze shifted to it. Armor, though different from the snow leopard cape that her mother wore. It looked like it would fit her though, she noticed. It was small, and… Bae said it was to protect her as well as help her carry herbs. She could see the bag on the side of it. That would definitely be handy with collecting them. Her tiny mouth could only grab so much at once. She’d wear it because Bae-Syl had made it, but she looked to him now, her brow furrowing as she decided to be blunt with him.

“The gift is lovely, Bae, but… You’re acting weird.” She frowned, her green gaze trying to meet his. To seek the truth within them. “You definitely weren’t fine this morning. I gave you space out of respect… I know it can be hard talking about scary things… But now you’re giving me a gift and mention that it’s for protection, rather than just saying it’s for collecting herbs.” Her father’s own bag, hanging by a strap, had a tendency to smack into her legs. He could have said it was just for collecting herbs and she wouldn’t have gotten suspicious… but why did she need protection?

“If you think I need protection, Bae, I need to know from what, or from who.” Her ears flicked back. “Something had you rattled earlier. You were afraid… and if it’s something that could hurt me, shouldn’t I know about it?” She kept pressing. “What if you’re not with me and I walk up to someone dangerous? You know I don’t worry about that until after I’ve given someone a chance. If there’s someone I should be wary about Bae, please, for the love of the Divinities above tell me. If I can avoid putting myself in danger then you don’t have to protect me and I don’t need to fuss over you… This is important!” ...would he continue to deny anything was wrong..?

"Talk", 'Think.'

Art by Asena
Lucette has two companions - a kodkod and a saw-scaled viper. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Bae-Syl, as Lucette's bestie, guardian, and mate is welcome to invade her threads at any time regardless of how they are marked.

Bae-Syl

Vedia
Guardian

Expert Fighter (186)

Advanced Hunter (60)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Asena

Overachiever
08-04-2022, 04:18 AM

Shit. Shit. Shit.

She was catching on, and he wasn't sure he wanted her to yet. What would he do if she left him? 'Make her pelt into a coat.... wouldn't it look so lovely, just. like. mommy's. hehehehe.' He pressed his ears at the voice. She really needed to shut up. And he didn't mean Luce.

She was going to leave him if he told her. But could he really keep her safe? He wasn't strong, and if Creature or Preacher came there was no way he could. "It's not easy Luce, or simple...." he averted his gaze from her. How was he supposed to tell her he was a monster? that he could hear and see things that she couldn't and that those things also lived in him. she had a point though.

He couldn't keep hiding things forever, he knew she was bound to find out one way or another that his family was full of monsters. He sighed and looked up at the sunset. Where did he start? How did he tell her? His uncle had told him so many stories of their bloodline, should he start there? he gave a sigh again as he looked back at her, she was so hopeful and waiting for his story. well he might as well get it over with.

"Do you remember how I told your dad about the lavender and poppy seeds?" Did he tell her he had used them sometimes too? That his aunt was sick and he had the same thing, yet so different. Another sigh left his lips and he let his forced smile drop. He looked older now he imagined, more serious and like shit. Bags were under his eyes he was sure, but he'd been hiding it.

"My family isn't like yours... we call our sickness demons, but I didn't mention... didn't want to mention that those demons are more than just sickness to us. They live in us.... and sometimes they are us." was she understanding? he didn't know if he needed to go deeper into his family's lore. He lowered himself and laid before her, his eyes focusing past her, the shadows dancing behind in the distance only seemed to close in. He could feel his personal demon though, sitting over him yet in the same space as him with her lips close to his left ear. "These demons aren't something we can get rid of, though I tried.... I tried so hard Luce.... I hear them, and  they dance in my vision. I don't have a mom anymore because of these demons, my cousins..... they're monsters.... I watched as one of them held me down..... I'm fated to become a monster Luce, I'm powerless to stop it. These demons that are my cousins, I have no doubt they will harm anything I'm close to to push me to my own demon's embrace... they'll eat you, and I won't be able to stop them." He pressed his ears back and looked at her for a second then looked down. Tears were pricking his eyes. He took in a ragged breath, fighting it off. She needed to know.

"My mother wasn't pure demon though, she gave me every chance she could. I took her namesake to try to fight back, but my true Name isn't Agatsuma.... Its Asmodeus." he didn't know if she knew the name. he knew his uncle had told him the name carried a weight across the world but would she know?

Walk, "talk", Think

Art by Asena

Lucette

Vedia
Keeper

Advanced Healer (85)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light

08-04-2022, 07:31 PM

Lucette continued to wear her frown, gaze fixed on Bae-Syl as she waited. She needed him
to be honest with her. Something that bothered him so deeply… how were they supposed to stand against it together if she was left in the dark? She didn’t expect it to be easy, or simple, but she whined softly as he made that comment. “Maybe it’s not,” Lucy told him. “But we can face it together…” She whined softly. She was convinced they could face anything as long as they were together.

She gave a nod as he brought up the lavender and poppy seeds that he told her dad about. Yeah, she remembered. His aunt had been sick, kind of like her mom. He had wanted to help… right? Why was he bringing that up again? Her ears lowered as she waited for further explanation, not entirely sure she liked where this was going. Bae looked serious… and tired… she hadn’t noticed the bags under his eyes before. Was he that exhausted? How long had he been hiding this from her? Since they met?

She listened, quiet, as he mentioned his family. Their sickness, a sickness that was more than just a sickness. Demons. Her father and mother had called those things Dreamends when she was little, and honestly, Lucette had never really believed in them then. She had thought they were some story scaring her into behaving… but maybe there was stock in them after all. Did a Dreamend, or demon, infect Bae? Was that what he was going on about? She whined again, watching as he lowered himself and laid down. Instinctively she curled up beside him, attempting to offer him comfort with her presence.

He was sick. He was sick, like her mom, but different. He couldn’t get rid of them. She drew in a breath. These demons tormented him. They were there, their voices, edging in his vision… At the word he was fated to become a monster, that he was powerless, she let out a low growl. “No.” She managed to slip in. She wouldn’t let the demons win.

Poor Bae… He went on to explain he no longer had a mother because of these demons, the demons that lived in or were, his cousins. He told her they’d eat her, and yet, even still, she didn’t move away. She didn’t falter. She pushed closer to him, shushing him. No, he was wrong. He was scared… saying that his namesake wasn’t even Agatsuma. She snorted at this. She didn’t know the name, but she didn’t care.

“I don’t care what bloodline name you have, Bae. A name doesn’t define you, and your demons won’t either.” A low growl had begun burbling in her chest. “And if these cousins of yours want to hurt me, kill me, eat me to get to you, they’re going to have to catch me first.” Lightning flashed in her green eyes.

“...and maybe you can’t get rid of your demon or demons or whatever! I don’t care. You’re not powerless to stop it. You’re not giving up.” She got to her paws and moved so that she was in front of Bae-Syl again, laying down so she could be eye level with him. “Bae, when we met, I had never met anyone my age. I didn’t have littermates or anyone to grow up with.” Lucette drew in a breath.

“You opened up the world for me. You stood by me, letting me learn, make mistakes, and grow, without judgment. You helped me, protected me…” She moved her paw to his own. “Nothing you can say or tell me now will make me want to give up on you or leave your side. You are my closest, dearest friend. I don’t feel the same way about anyone else I’ve met. You’re special, Bae, and that’s why…” Lucy breathed in.

“We’re going to fight for our happiness together. I don’t care how long it takes or how hard the fight is. I don’t care if we have to take on your cousins or the entire world. I’ve made my choice, I’m sticking with you!”

"Talk", 'Think.'

Art by Asena

Bae-Syl

Vedia
Guardian

Expert Fighter (186)

Advanced Hunter (60)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Asena

Overachiever
08-12-2022, 10:10 PM

He sighed as she tried to tell him he was fighting, he was, but he didn't feel like he was winning the war. He could win small battles but not every victory was a good thing. He'd kept it all bottled for almost a year now, had kept Lucy in the dark for hopes he would never have to worry about this again. That when or if they found her parents he was going to be alone again and everything would be fine. But that wasn't how it happened. He didn't get left alone in the dark with only a demon for company.

[B"I have been keeping her bottled and knocked down for almost a year Luce.... the things she wants and I want aren't the same. She wants me to wear your hide like my cousin wears my mother..... I dont want that, but I can't promise I won't snap either."[/b] she needed to know how serious this was. How dangerous this could get.

"I can't go join a pack ever... I'd never be accepted.... and your parents would kill me if they knew how bad it was. I'm not safe Lucette, I dont know if I'll ever be safe..... if ur going to stay i need you to promise me, you'll wear that and when I give you fighting lessons you take them seriously. If I get there to that point that im not me, I want you to kill me." he knew fighting luce seriously would be the one thing he would never do, but it would be the best chance to end the demon before she became a problem for someone else.

"Imbecile, she won't. She's weak. And we are strong. She belongs to me just like you."[/b] his ears pinned at her words. A snarl pulling at his lip. Damn bitch knew how to rile him at least. But then again she knew what he treasured. He closed his eyes and took long slow breaths as he fought back not to bite at her words. When he opened them all anger was gone and he fixed his gaze back on Luce.

Walk, "talk", [i]Think

Art by Asena
[/i]

Lucette

Vedia
Keeper

Advanced Healer (85)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light

08-14-2022, 06:53 PM

Lucette didn’t smile, didn’t shift her gaze away from Bae-Syl as he spoke of his demon. The thing wanted him to wear her pelt? Gross. She wrinkled her nose at that, growling a little. “She won’t get that.” She spoke seriously. She had no intention of ever being worn like some cape like her mother’s snow leopard hide. She was small, but she wasn’t going to be pushed around by any creature. Not even a demon like Bae’s. She wasn’t Bae. And Lucette wouldn’t let her do the things that Bae-Syl didn’t want her to do.

As Bae continued Lucette shook her head, speaking firmly. “No.” It was a flat-out refusal to comply. “Even if others don’t accept you, even my parents, I don’t care. It’s never been about what others think or want for me, you know this.” Lucette continued to frown thoughtfully. “Going to a pack is no big deal; I’ve never been sold on the idea anyway. Do you think they’d accept me? The weird kid who’d rather mess with a broken bone and talks about becoming a bloodstain across rocks or grass? There’s a reason I stick with only you, Bae.” She furrowed her brow.

“We’re both different and in different ways. We’re not meant to be pack wolves, and who cares? We’ve got each other’s back. That’s why, even if you give me these fighting lessons, no matter what, I’m not taking you out.” Lucy stomped the paw furthest away from Bae-Syl on the ground. “I’m sure she’s whispering things like you can’t win against her, she’s too strong, blah blah blah. Shut up, bitch.” Lucette’s gaze narrowed.

“Let me make it clear to all of you, Bae. I’m not afraid. I’m not scared of you, her, your cousins… I’m small, but I’m not helpless. And I’m going to prove it. I’ll keep fighting, and be strong for you. I won’t let anyone take me out.” Her gaze softened. “I can’t say that I’d ever be able to seriously hurt you though Bae, or kill you if it came down to it. It’s… It’s not about being able to physically.” She lowered her gaze. “You’re my bestie, the only wolf who has ever looked at me like I was ‘normal’ and that it’s okay to be me. You make me feel safe, happy… and how, when we’re making all these memories, can you ever expect me to look at you, and see your handsome face, and not remember those instead of seeing that demon taking you over? Even if I saw her light in your eyes… how could I take you out, knowing you could still be in there?” Tears started to sting her eyes.

“Just like when you got hurt… I got so scared… I kept thinking what if something happened and you died? It wouldn’t be us anymore… I… I don’t know if I can live with that.” She whined. “Being with you is so natural… Even when I go off and wander… all I can think about is you. Sometimes I even scold myself, knowing you might worry…” She lifted her gaze back up to his. “So you have to try… don’t give into the idea that one day you might lose to her… cause you can’t. You won’t. I don’t care how strong she seems!” Lucy whined again. “You’re strong too, Bae… you are…”

"Talk", 'Think.'

Art by Asena