An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
Derby WinnerHomebodyLighting McQueenExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted House1KBeevent
08-20-2022, 09:10 PM

Her foot only hurt after the fact. Even after being patched up and wrapped up in a neat little bandage she walked with an obvious limp, not out of theatrics or an attempt to garner pity for herself. Just true honesty, actions speaking far louder than the words sealed behind pursed lips. Though it was far too cold to sunbathe here she liked the beach here just the same, gave her a taste of what she'd taken for granted. Things she didn't appreciate till they were out of reach, too far to walk given the situation and her sore little foot.

She was just...struggling, she supposed. Had caught wind of the Armada's new diplomat, felt replaced and jaded despite the fact they hadn't even met yet. That the newer, better model could very well be a nice gal, Hanako disliked her all the same. Maybe it was for the best, no one liked her anyway. No one believed a word that passed her lips, Aurielle hadn't. Maybe she wasn't just a stuck up old cow, maybe she'd been onto Hanako from the start.

She looked down at the nets she had gathered at her paws, did her best to untangle the mess that had been made by the season's freak weather that had crashed against the shore. It'd take a bit of work but she was pretty sure it was salvageable? Not that she was very proficient with fishing with tools but...it caught more than she could on her own in one go. No matter how good of a swimmer she was.

[Image: dfvjf24-4160f57c-3b2d-47de-b3e1-aa34987f...SqQlFNW-eM]

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
08-22-2022, 04:19 PM

Azure had done his absolute best to avoid Hana in every situation after their late night fight, had not even returned to his den for fear of stumbling upon her there. Days came and passed where he busied himself with his new fleeting obsession with alcohol... and then Pyralis so kindly displayed to him why the toll on his body was not worth the enjoyment. All in all, it had been a shit week. More shit was yet to come, he assumed, as when he arrived to the Cove to do a passing patrol, Hana was the last person he expected to see there.

He stopped mid-stride, heavy paws splaying hard in the cold sand. Trying to determine whether or not he should simply turn and leave, Azure remained silent. At least she was fucking working for her keep, which was the very least she could do after the trouble her capture had brought to the Armada.

"Speech"

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
08-22-2022, 05:02 PM

She paused at the crunch of heavy paws on sand, peered over her shoulder and expected-hoped- to see a friendly face. Bas perhaps, if he wasn't too busy tending to his duties or hanging out with his friends.  But of course not, why would the world be so kind? They'd argued plenty of times before, over things both trivial and serious, but he'd never been so cruel to her. Never said such things that now had Hanako getting to her paws as she attempted to drag the net closer to the water in a casual attempt to put more space between them. It still wouldn't be enough.

The going was slow and awkward, made worse by her obvious limp and the fact that the net was sopping wet and heavy. She felt her cheeks warm with embarrassment, not because it was Azure or cause she liked him or anything, it was more than she didn't like to be seen as anything but graceful. Moving was supposed to be swift and effortless, but she was anything but as she shuffled along, tail stiff as she tugged and grumbled with the edge of the net between her teeth.

The cold seawater rolled over her paws and she flinched away from the net, dropping it as a squeaky, alarmed yip caught her off guard.

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
08-22-2022, 05:18 PM

Hana clearly was as uncomfortable seeing him as he was seeing hers, and while his gaze dropped to her bandage paw long enough to feel the lingering guilt of it, he knew at least that the injury was small and that she'd heal. Watching as she struggled with the fishing line, he considered the various petty and snide comments that could fit the scene.

In the end, she did not deserve too much more embarrassment.... and he knew it would cause him more pain to physically speak the words then they could inflict on her. "Good to see you working." Az decided upon tersely, his newly maimed cheek twitching against the stitches and the strain.

"Speech"

Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

08-22-2022, 05:39 PM

Hanako's ears tilted outwards, a smooth and stark contrast to the tattered remains of Azure's. His words stung a little, not nearly as bad as what he'd said before...but there was some truth to them, she'd begrudgingly admit that. Maybe she had gotten too comfortable, had tested the limits of what she could get away with and was now reaping what she'd sowed. She hadn't always been like this, it wasn't hard to recall the times she'd sought out Sirius to pass messages back and forth. Had even intended to do just that before Sparrow had snatched her away, but it was only because she had to, no more and nothing less.

She liked to blame the cold and the change of scenery, but even towards the end of their time in the south she hadn't fished that much. Just sort of...fell into a rut, let her skills get rusty and rough along the edges.

But more than that, it was the only real skill she had left. Note of value that warranted keeping her around, if Azure was willing to put up with a slut that is. Yes she was still hurt and bitter, yes she held grudges and no she couldn't let go. And speaking of grudges, the more time she had to herself to think the more she mustered.

"I figured I needed to do something." She said, not looking back as bitterness laced her voice. Hurt too but she didn't need to acknowledge that, knew Azure wouldn't care. "Since my diplomat days have clearly come to an end. Replaced by plucky young girl. She seems nice, real approachable. Everyone will like her, I'm sure." And not just assume she was a lying whore, good for her. Keeping busy with the net she continued. "I might need to keep an eye on her, just in case she decides to try and steal you from me whilst she's already at it."

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-22-2022, 05:54 PM

This was more of the spiteful response that Azure had expected and been egging on that night in their den. Why she was giving this sass to him now and not then, he couldn't determine. Perhaps she really had been simply tired or trying to subdue him for his own good, but either way the fight had progressed long past the point where he could turn back time and accept his own faults in it.

Hana's words brought a challenging glint to his eyes, his muzzle tipping to the right as if he could see through the lava-rock pillars into the Col beyond to where this supposed replacement diplomat might be. It was ironic in ways, because Azure had met Keahi, and more than that, she wasn't a terrible wolf. Respectful, submissive and polite, she had ticked every box Hana did in their first meeting with ease. "Do you think she would?" He mused, a tint of cruelty in his tone like he was considering the other woman. "Perhaps I'd earn her favor by telling her that I'd demoted you to give her the sole spot. It was originally meant to be a position of one, after all."

"Speech"

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

08-22-2022, 06:09 PM

Hanako refused to look at him again. Set her gaze sternly on the ocean and its black waves, wondered if she was about to have yet another blow out argument on the beach. Had she looked back the Champion she wouldn't have liked what she saw, a viciousness about him, that he was being a cruel to her just for the fun of it. Because he could. She liked to think she knew what he was, what he was capable of, but she didn't like being under his scrutiny like this. Felt her fur ruffle as her tail poofed out in displeasure.

"I don't know. You clearly know her better than I do." She paused for a moment and pretended to be busy, pulled out a stray bit of seaweed before tossing it away with obvious disgust. "Besides, why are you even asking me? It's not like you listen to a word I say. Or do you just like the sound of my bitchy voice?"

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-22-2022, 06:37 PM

Azure turned his head back to see that still, Hana was glaring her words into the ocean and refusing to even meet his gaze. Eye contact had always been a sore spot to him, appreciating the gesture of submissive wolves who felt it rude to look him in the eye but ultimately demanding that attention. Even Lyre was forced to learn to adjust - there was something missing for Azure when he could not see the full range of emotion in another's eyes.

Impulsively he stepped across the beach, crossing the gap between them in a matter of strides and reaching his paw up to attempt to grasp at and forcibly redirect her muzzle towards him. "I would listen better if you would do me the basic respect of eye contact." He growled, clenching his paw just enough to get the point across before releasing her. "Or are you as shallow as you are selfish, and your pirate friends' handiwork is just too much for you to look at?"

"Speech"

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

08-22-2022, 07:05 PM

Stubbornly Hanako initially tugged away from his touch once he released her, but as quick to look at him when he threw even more accusations at her. Painting an even more hideous picture of her, if such a thing was even possible. She was thinking quite a few none too flattering thoughts about him, but ugly he was, not in her eyes despite it all. Despite common sense and reason. A smart woman would have finally started to count the red flags waving right in front of her, though: wow this relationship is awful, I should leave. So maybe Hanako wasn't a smart woman, or she was already in too deep, tangled up with nowhere else to go.

"They are not my friends. How many times do I have to say it?" She hissed between gritted teeth as she rose up as tall as her tippy toes would allow, knowing full well he didn't like repeating himself either. Their height difference made it difficult-well, impossible-for her to be on the same level with him, but this was as good as it was gonna get, unless he leaned down a little. She doubted he'd give her anything, this whole conversation was built on spite. "Should I say it right to your face then? Will you believe me then?" He took a moment to breathe in his scent, he was close, far closer than she'd tolerated Sparrow.

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-22-2022, 08:12 PM

Hana's ire had seemed to only grow in their days of distance, a fact that was perfectly fine with Azure. He wasn't ready to forgive her whorish ass yet anyways! Peeling back the right side of his lip as she met him face to face in challenge - not obedience - Az continued to press his luck.

"I hope you're happy, Hana. This-" He thrust his paw to gesture to his maimed face. "-was unprompted. It is not just you and I your scandalous romp about with Sparrow has threatened, but the entire Armada. Even your children. Because of your actions and games, I will have to warn each and every one of our wolves away from the southern shore. You've brought war to our doorstep, and still you fight with me to try and hold on to your pride." Pyralis had attacked him for fun, he hadn't even been trespassing. Any of his wolves who dared to go too far west past Ashen was at risk - and what when Sparrow inevitably decided to bring it further? Azure could not rule out that the Pirate King would not seige to reclaim the property she felt she had lost. "So no, I don't think I would believe you even if you shouted it from these mountaintops."

"Speech"

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

08-22-2022, 08:44 PM

She wasn't happy, he wouldn't let her. Azure was furious when she told the truth and was apologetic, but didn't change his tune at all was the opposite was true as well! She just couldn't wrap her head around it no matter how hard she'd tried, her head throbbed at the thought of spiralling down again, forced into a corner despite having done nothing wrong at all. At least not this time. The blame couldn't entirely be laid at her feet, Sparrow and her lot were the aggressors. Had committed crimes against the Armada that hadn't even involved Hanako in any sense of the word, so it felt almost safe to assume that war-if it were to even happen-had been coming for quite some time. Sooner or later something would have to break.

If Azure didn't break it first.

"My pride?" She shook her head in disbelief. "Against my better judgement I put it aside and told you the truth, admitted things maybe I should have admitted to long ago. I am trying Az, but what even is the point? You came home furious, head still in fighting mode and you hurt me. Went out of your way to do it over and over again and for what?" A thought occurred to her and her eyes widened a little.

When she spoke again she was in shrill shouting mode again, a tantrum incoming.

"Is this a test? Is that what this is? Do you think if you push me hard enough, I'll go crawling back to Sparrow and you'll've been right all along? That I'm a two timing whore who never loved you to begin with? Well I won't, do you hear me? I'm here to stay and you can't make me leave." She stomped her foot-or was about to, only to think better of it as she knew how much it'd hurt.

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-22-2022, 09:12 PM

Well, that was unexpected.

Azure took a step back from her, visibly thrown by the shouted assault of questions and honestly, not sure on what the answer was. Did he think that? Well, yes, he did have more then an inkling that eventually, Hana would run off and commence round three of her childish 'who-am-i' game of tug of war between himself and Sparrow, but he didn't think he was chasing her off intentionally. It was a character flaw that he was aware of at least somewhere in the back of his mind - Asla, Indy and even Venom had all played a part in helping him build his defensive wall, teaching him that letting wolves in meant pain and loss, encouraging him to hold everyone at arms length to ensure they too, could not run from him. But he had trusted Hana, far beyond any other wolf. She had spent their relationship adoring him loudly and leaving him no room to worry about deception or deceit, jealousy or insecurity. Until now.

"I could make you leave." Spoken much softer then her own shout, it was the only response he could give. The words flowed automatically, almost robotic. A reaction his body was very trained to give when being told what he couldn't accomplish. It was an easy reply, one that didn't require thinking or self-discovery or any difficult questions or reflection. He could make her leave, by many means, in fact.

"Speech"

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

08-22-2022, 09:32 PM

When he took a step back she followed him. Not with an aggressive stomp, more like a shadow, an effort to prove a point. She wasn't sure what she'd expected, denial? Confirmation? His hushed tone helped her mood simmer a little as she considered his response. She knew he said that out of habit, a reflex in reaction to being told no. To her ears he didn't seem so sold on the idea, not certain and loud in the way she would expect if it was what he really wanted. She felt a biting urge to insist he could not, bitter, almost smug about how intertwined they were but she knew that would do her no good. Pressing her lips into a pale pink line, she exhaled slowly.

"Do you want that, really?" She asked, she knew what she wanted to hear, needed to hear. She looked up at him with her pretty eyes, glacial and yet still somehow warm when she looked at him. Despite all he'd said and done. She was still stroppy and mad of course but, this wasn't their first tiff, it wouldn't be their last. Surely?

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-22-2022, 09:48 PM

As he stepped back, she stepped forward. The movement was an oddly reversed dance neither of them were quite used to performing and Azure couldn't help the bristling of his nape in response to being shadowed in this way. He heard her words for what they were - another plea at attention, at affirmation. The game he'd already commanded her to stop playing.

Sighing through pursed lips, Azure considered his reply. It didn't need consideration, but Hanako did not need to be rewarded by hearing how easy it was for him to deny her concern. "It is the last thing I want." He admitted after a time, tipping his chin down into his neck to eye her where she stood so close. "Though if it is to happen, I'd rather it happen sooner rather than later."

It was unfair to even ask him the question, Hana knew where he stood, was fully aware of his past and how abandonment after abandonment had shaped him. No other wolf would be receiving a second chance from the thrice scorned man to regain his trust. Time after time again Azure had bent and broken for her, desperate to keep hold of what they had above any consequence. "If I was willing to lose you I would not risk the pirate's wrath to keep them subdued."

"Speech"

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

08-22-2022, 10:11 PM

Silence settled, accented by the waves rolling over their paws. Hanako was starting to get a little chilly, her paw throbbed and was in need of rest. She knew he'd feel a knee-jerk reaction to deny her, but ultimately his sense of honesty came through, still clouded by hesitation but progress. Sort of. As if their relationship wasn't a cycle of clashing and loving.

"But it won't."She had to bite back the urge to fall back into her snappish, insistent mode. Even stuck out her tongue a little in serious thought, enough to make the pale of her brows furrow real hard. "Don't get me wrong I'm still really mad and hurt, but I can offer a compromise." Of sorts. The closest she could manage to get without letting her pride take too much of a beating. "Since my former rank has been...commandeered" she couldn't keep the venom out of her tone. "How about I earn my keep like I used to? I didn't realise how much I missed fishing till today." Her paw tangled with the net, there was more she could learn. With enough motivation maybe she could make something work with the Cove.

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-24-2022, 04:05 PM

The conversation was going in a direction Azure had not anticipated and he was forced to swallow many further anger-infused remarks as his mate seemed to try to compromise. In reality it was not much of one, it was agreeing to a punishment that Azure had yet to deliver. Stripping her of her rank and forcing her to work to earn her place here did nothing to encourage him that she'd not stray again - or to assure him that she hadn't strayed in the first place, of which he was still uncertain. There was at least a small amount of effort however, and Azure returned it with a small amount of his own.

"You used to earn your keep?" He settled on, the words snide and sarcastic but not outwardly cruel. At her mention of her rank being commandeered he did not give a verbal reply; Az was, in fact, set to demote her that night in their den and simply could not bring himself to alienate her further. If it was something she was willing to accept as having already happened, he wasn't about to argue it.

Her compromise still felt like it had come out of left field, leaving Azure feeling the same lack of closure he had when he'd stumbled upon her and her netting. Hana was playing it like she was doing him a favor, when in fact Az was still very angry as well. "Work, then." He relinquished with a sigh. "Maybe with enough time and labour you can prove your loyalty once more. If you need me, I'll be sleeping in the warlords' chambers; I've been promoted." It bothered him that he could not share his thrill of the promotion to (temporary) solo-alpha with his partner, feeling as if he was speaking to a pack member rather then the mate who'd supported him in this dream. Formal and business-like, keeping the boundaries clear so Hana could not be confused about where he currently stood.

"Speech"

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

08-24-2022, 05:27 PM

Hanako shot a pout his way, tail flicking in obvious annoyance. But she supposed this was better than more scathing accusations, a little closer to what they ought to have, what felt right between them. Except of course things could never be easy with him. When had her loyalty come into question? If it was a true issue they both know Sirius would have stomped down on it by now, that he was just bringing it up to be petty. Because he didn't want to admit he was wrong, he'd been flinching at shadows, only to get mad when his bite hit nothing but empty air.

She paused then, unable to stop her tail wagging in a happy little swish at the news of his promotion. Hanako knew it had been a time coming, realised long ago he was far better suited for the throne than his soft brother. But then the reality of his words truly settled in, the intent to hold her back at a distance, to keep on punishing her for crimes she hadn't committed in the first place. Her tail fell limp.

"Is that it? You're just gonna dump that on me and walk away like it doesn't mean anything? Like I didn't know you'd achieve this from the start." He knew she'd always been in his corner, to act to the contrary was ridiculous. She sucked in a breath through gritted teeth, then forced her expression to smooth out. Diplomatic, a mask she'd no longer need. "Very well, Warlord. Congratulations, truly."

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-29-2022, 04:08 PM

Azure did not miss the change in Hana's body language at his news, though it brought him no enjoyment to see her happy for him. Sparrow was still fresh in his mind and bitterness drove him at every turn. "Right, I should have realized that you'd be so pleased. I'm finally an equal with Sparrow, after all. You've finally got your alpha, still twisted around your paw where I have always been but now with extra bragging rights." He scoffed, a cloud of condensation billowing out from his nostrils into the cold mountain air.

The words were a bit crueler than they should have been, but was Azure wrong? He didn't think so - Hana had been a gold digger for most of her life, literally bred and raised to expect as much. It did seem she always ended up cozying up to the wolves in power more often then not, and before his promotion, Sparrow had a higher station then he had as the sole leader of her pack. It made all too much sense, his paranoia told him.

"Speech"