An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
09-15-2022, 10:08 PM

Azure had felt like he'd made multiple laps across Boreas as of late, hitting half of the packs on-site as well as some of the lesser known territories sounding them for good measure. Truthfully he did not mind spending time outside his own claimed land - the less interaction with his broken siblings, the better. His next stop was east to the rapids that once housed Abaven, to where Kotori had fought and lost the right to lift a pack from the ashes. The loss had obviously not kept the determined man down long, for not a season later he was here yet again and this time uncontested.

Pausing at the border to sweep his gaze across the land, Azure took in the sights. It was nothing special (yet), though he supposed more sentimental and fuzzy wolves might see the beauty in the rapids. Regardless, Kotori had plenty of time to make the place his own. Tipping his muzzle back, Azure let out a low summons. He requested his brother's presence, and time to set aside for diplomatic discussion.

"Speech"

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

OverachieverSamhain 2022Double MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
09-15-2022, 10:33 PM

Kotori was busy all the time now.  He was also enjoying every minute of it.  He was now working to turn his dream and goals into reality.  Kotori dropped a good-sized rock down next to a partially dug hole.  The whole was backed up against a raised patch of land, a decent-sized tree close by to provide shade.  His plan was to have a hole to go into but with rocks forming an arch above the entry.  Kotori imagined needing to make it large, enough so that it would be comfortable for himself, his future mate, and the children they would have.  Someday all of that would be his.

Azure howled and Kotori lifted his head, ears perking up.  Leaving his work Kotori jogged to where Azure was.  The earthen-hued wolf grinned at his older brother, “Azure.  I’d hoped to see you at some point.  We have matters to discuss.” His face was finally healed, for the most part, scars had left their place on his muzzle and neck, ones he was perfectly proud of.  Kotori may have not won the fight but, he had proven his willingness to fight for his land.  In the end, it had become his and he would fight however often necessary to keep it his.  

Kotori apparently hadn’t been the only one in rough fights lately.  He thought of asking about that but would hold off till the main reason for his visit had been dealt with.  Azure doesn’t go around visiting to socialize, so this was a matter of business. “You are welcome on my land.  What’s the occasion for your visit?”

"Kotori Fatalis"
[Image: HMmbDEu.png]
 [Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_39.gif]

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
09-19-2022, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2022, 02:56 PM by Azure. Edited 1 time in total.)

Kotori's arrival was swift and Azure appreciated that his brother did not leave him waiting long upon his new borders, even if he very well could have to make a point. He dipped his head as the man greeted him, welcoming him to his lands and wondering the occasion for his visit. "Is it that hard to believe that I'd come congratulate my brother on his pack?" He gave back, faint amusement in his tone. "Expect visits, especially in your formative seasons where other alphas are competing for your favor. Most bring bribes but -" He glanced around at his empty paws in jest. "- apologies, I'm not one of those."

Glancing over Kotori's shoulder, he swept his gaze across the rapids and gave a thoughtful hum. "Do I get a tour of your new home, brother?" To a stranger Az would not assume his entry into a new pack's lands, but this meeting was more a courtesy than anything else. Hell would freeze over before bad blood would come between two Fatalis-run packs, he assumed, and from the moment that Valta had formed Azure had already considered them an ally.

"Speech"

Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

09-19-2022, 10:16 PM

It felt damn good no longer being a warrior or lieutenant under Azure but now on equal terms with him.  “I had hoped to see you and dad at some point.”Not that he had expected to see them at the same time.  “However, you aren’t known for being the quickest to congratulate or seek out anyone.”  The words were light, no accusation and honestly, that sort of personality is what made it all the more meaningful that his brother would show up.  “Yet, here you are, the first to show up.”

Bribes huh? Sparks of amusement lit in the younger brother’s face at the idea of getting offered bribes for his favor.  “Oh, that sounds fun,” a soft chuckle and then casting his brother a hurt look, “no present for your favorite brother?”  Kotori had no expectations of being Azure’s favorite but he tilted his head to wave Azure onto his pack turf. “Of course.  Since I just got the official claim to the land there’s a lot to do still but come take a peek at what we are doing.”

“I understand you are currently in charge of the Armada.  For the sake of officialness, I wanted to ask upfront.  Do the alliance terms I set up with dad still stand, if he shared them?  The members of my pack are welcome on Armada land and Armada are welcome here?  Of course, preferably being sure to call out once on the border so their visit isn’t a surprise.  With the understanding, if either side acts as idiots and breaks rules they shall be kicked out.” Turning his head to look at Azure instead of the river they walked along.  He’d be surprised if his brother denied it but Kotori would not assume anything and risk repercussions.

Nodding ahead as he spotted where a downed tree rested near the river.  The stump wasn’t nearby and lines in the grass showed it had been forced to its new location.  “That will become a bridge in the future.  There will be two of those to cross the river easily and swiftly in the future.”

"Kotori Fatalis"

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-20-2022, 02:52 PM

Azure's tattered ear flicked briefly as Kotori mentioned their father, the words a subtle unintended blow to his pride. He was here as an alpha, not a visitor. Sirius had vacated that post temporarily and could come give his proud father act later, once he was done tending to his newest litter of problems. "I thought it was fitting that the Armada be the first to congratulate you, seeing as we built you." He gave back with a sarcastic shrug.

"Eh, you'll get enough gifts I'm sure. Briar will bring wine, that much I've paid attention to. The common bribe of everyone else I'm afraid to say I never saw. Downside of not having a hand in the diplomacy of it all - you skip out on the presents." While Sirius had always done the bulk of negotiations and thus got the reward, Azure honestly had been thankful for it. Socializing was not his strong suit, he'd much rather work the day-to-day and ignore the inter-pack bullshit.

Kotori led him deeper and Azure followed, gaze roaming politely as they walked. As they paced along the river, diplomatic discussion began and Azure drew his eyes back to his brother's to listen. "I hadn't heard of it before now." He admitted, though it was clear in his tone that he wasn't quite bothered by the fact. Not telling him about the brewing alliance with Menagerie was annoying, but not clearing with him an alliance with his successful brother was.. well, much less offensive. A waste of words, really. "Your terms are acceptable to me, I don't care to negotiate what my father has already I assume spent careful thought on." He especially liked the clause on idiots - with Ashen as his neighbour and superior so very long ago, Az had not the permission to kick out the riffraff.

Reaching what was soon to be a bridge, Azure paused and idled. "You don't worry it will make them lazy?" Rapids built muscle, or at least character, didn't they? Ah, well, he supposed it was no different then the Armada carving through stone to make climbing the mountain less strenuous.

"Speech"

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

09-20-2022, 03:40 PM

Kotori nodded to Azure’s words as they walked, as to the reason for Armada having been the ones who built him.  There was certainly truth to it.  The more he hadn’t been able to get a quick rise in station the harder Kotori had worked to gain power and the more he would want.  As a child, he’d followed dad around when possible imagining being like dad someday.  In a sense, Kotori imagined that had worked out after all.

On the other hand, other events helped create Kotori.  The strange night that had come on them, the strange events of dad’s assumption Azure and Zee had died.  His time with Ikigai and even the help he’d received from Ashen had all been stepping stones to this.  Still, the Armada had done its share.  

“It wasn’t until the trip to Ashen I decided I wanted my own pack.  I got a few tips from Venom but other than that, I had never asked dad or anyone else for tips in matters of diplomacy.” A small rueful smile, “I’m much better at saying what I want than listening to others getting an opinion so I’m having to learn that as I go along and do my best not to screw it up.”  

Kotori quirked a brow at the notion of a bridge making anyone lazy.  “If a wolf wants to be lazy the time in Valta will end up being limited.  I’ll enjoy getting to throw out worthless members.  However, I’ve thought up a way I think will help limit the number that I’d have to kick out.”  Kotori started walking again, this time heading farther in amongst the trees nodding lazily at a few den sites to show where they had been built or are being built.  Then the spot for his meeting place that had been cleared away.  Three stones were placed around the diameter of his circle with one raised up with a flat top a bit above the ground.  Yes, Kotori had a spot to sit or stand on when he spoke.  He liked the image and it helped improve the concept of the circle.

“I’ll have trials that will occur once or twice a year.  They won’t be easy and I will expect new wolves to take part when they come around.  They won’t be set just in the pack land.  Any wolf needs to be able to survive on their own outside of the pack versus assuming someone will always be there to care for them.  Time limits will be set.  Those of my pack who succeed will gain the right to wear the pack’s tattoo about their eye.  Proof of their worth.  I've considered inviting allies to attend as well, though they would not be able to gain the tattoo.  Simply a means of proving their own abilities for those who wish too."  Kotori already had a good idea of what the first trials would include but there was plenty to set up.  Areas of land that needed to be explored more before starting his trials.  Matters of diplomacy finished first and then he could see how his plans actually worked in practice versus imagined.

“I’m also not all that sentimental.  I have no problem throwing out those who fail to perform.  Adults or children.  If you don’t support the pack you hinder the pack and waste my time.” Kotori continued walking, “and if any of my members ever do embarrass my pack name while on Armada turf please make sure I know of it.  I’ll be sure to correct them as well.”

Signs of paw prints would show on any spots of dirt, flattened grass from paws or items dragged showed where work was frequently being done. “I’ll have sunset falls as mine soon enough.  I’m planning to use an old den site I saw there to store supplies in.”  Momentarily mentioning locations again.  His gaze glanced to Azure after a point.  “I want to make sure when I do have children that they grow up in a pack where there simply are no weaklings.  I want there to be no bad examples so it's natural for the children to understand what will be expected.  I’ll do what’s necessary to make sure that happens.  If any of my children refuse to meet expectations they also will be thrown out.  If I’m truly disgusted with them I will strip them of the Fatalis name.  Of course, I hope it doesn’t come to that and they all make me proud.”

Kotori’s gaze swept the land, “the Fatalis name is important to me Azure.  I won’t let mine blemish it.  Nor will I let members of my pack blemish Valta’s name.  That’s my goal."

"Kotori Fatalis"

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-22-2022, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2022, 03:23 PM by Azure. Edited 2 times in total.)

Kotori's experience in learning the diplomatic side of leadership closely mirrored Az's own, and as his brother turned a rueful smile his way Azure returned with a slight one of his own along with a slow shake of his head. "It's definitely the worst part of the whole deal." He added. "You should speak to Father on it should you need more help. Venom is experienced; she's lived practically her entire life on that throne. But she runs an Empire, while you run a pack. The diplomacy of it all isn't quite comparable." Half the packs on both continents had a link to Ashen in some way or another, not just allied through careful decision making and gained favor, but born of Ashen and indebted to them. Venom seldom needed diplomacy now, when she was in no danger of losing her close-knit bubble of allies and friends. She had earned the right to rule like an Empress and if Kotori - or Azure for that matter - tried walking in her pawsteps and ruled like an Emperor, well, they might find themselves much shorter of friends.

The wolves continued their walk, the Valta alpha pointing out various dens being dug out as they passed them. As they reached the layout of circles quite clearly a space for wolves and a king to stand, Azure's lip upturned slightly. Kotori was much more like himself when he was young then he'd anticipated. Memories of the one and only time he had mentioned building himself a throne (because Az also thought it was good for public image) when he was one-day Warlord resurfaced, along with Sirius' rebuttal of how 'a throne has no place in my pack.' In ways, Azure was envious that Kotori was free to build as he wished where he himself was still limited to Sirius' permissions.

To the idea of his brother's trials, Azure listened politely. It was an interesting concept, though he failed to understand why it would reduce the number of wolves booted. Unless the trials were quite easy and accessible, in which case they wouldn't be achieving their purpose anyways. "A tattoo is good." He chimed in. "If your wolves wear your mark permanently I'd think they'd be that much more inclined to try and stay and to work hard to ensure they are allowed to." At the prospect of his wolves embarrassing their pack, the reigning Warlord shrugged. "If any of your wolves misstepped on my pack lands, you will surely be informed. If not by them or myself, then by the mark I would leave upon them." Valta's wolves were not his wolves, and while Az had quite easily agreed to the terms of allowing members free will to roam his territory, he would not have a repeat of his time neighboured to Ashen where Klein wolves were invulnerable to his retaliation. The Armada had once already been told to report transgressions to Venom to be dealt with, and where Chimera's disrespect was considered... well, it had not gone well. This time around, Azure would defend his wolves first and make apologies where warranted, rather than stand idly by and put the offender's punishment into another ruler's hands.

It was in part relieving to hear Kotori outwardly speak his loyalty to their name, but another part of Az felt the sentiment hardly mattered. Azure had spent his life building the name up as well and did not want to suffer fools or broken things being allowed to wear it, but Sirius seemed to think differently. So long as the ageing warrior was the Fatalis patriarch, Az had no say in who could and who could not wear the name. "Good luck convincing our father to strip his grandchildren of their name." He mused, sarcastic. "If it were up to me, Ophie as well as his three newest defective things would have all lost it by now. At times I'd like to even take it from my own daughters - though they're not so much a disgrace to it as just.. nothing."

"Speech"