size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

OverachieverSamhain 2022Double MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
09-13-2022, 01:54 PM

Kotori imagined it would be easy enough to set up several alliances simply by who he was already on good terms with and who he was family with.  That said, Kotori wanted to make a good impression, and his pack seen as good to ally with on its own merit and not only because of his fortune in family.  The horned wolf placed a few items in a bag and made his way down to the Ashen border.  He had nothing that was anywhere near as valuable as one giving away their own child but hopefully, Venom would still approve of the small gifts he had brought.

Sitting along the border Kotori howled for the empress.   Kotori looked in the bag where a polar bear pelt, shaped into a perfect oval, and another one, which was stitched to make a pillow, inside holding other fur scraps for a soft spot to lay one's head.  Those were nice but, the better part of the gift was a bottle of ale he’d managed to acquire.  So long as Venom did enjoy drinking at least.  Admittedly, alcohol was one of the few things he’d asked his father to get for him before he’d left Armada.  Most of the ale would be for the upcoming party but no harm in using some of it as a gift.

Kotori grinned as he decided everything was in order.  His mind was partially on the discussion he’d be having soon and another portion just still feeling the pleasure of his accomplishment.  The rapids were his.  Kotori had his own pack and it was one he’d worked hard to earn it.  His accomplishment.

"Kotori Fatalis"

[Image: HMmbDEu.png]
 [Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_39.gif]

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
09-16-2022, 08:40 AM
The shrine had always been the gate to the Ashen Empire, there were few wolves to come to her border that did not start at the edge of her white forests. New comers usually stopped here first, raids were held out within the woods, and political talks were had here. These facts made the islands much more secluded and private, everything the Empress desired for her home and palace. That also meant that the patrols of the white forests were even more important. She didn’t come across Kotori as she walked, but the sound of his voice was very close to the end of her patrol. The Ashen Empress heeded his call, her white gloved paws carrying her to where he lingered at the border, his large sack in tow.

With a curious tilt of her head Venom greeted the young Fatalis man. "Good afternoon, Kotori.” Her demeanor was relaxed as her voice as she lowered herself to her haunches and wrapped her tail around her hip. "What can I do for you?” There were not many she would make such a broad offer to, but she was quite curious what he’d come to her border for. She hadn’t quite picked out the new pack scent on him yet.

"Venom"
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

OverachieverSamhain 2022Double MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
09-16-2022, 09:29 PM

“Venom,” Kotori dipped his head in a respectful manner for a moment.  He had told Venom before any other wolf of his interest in creating his own pack so it felt rewarding to be here at this moment and share it hadn’t been just empty words.  She had offered him advice during his stay and Kotori had been careful to not take anything for granted.

“There is a new pack in Boreas.  My pack, Valta, is now set up at the rapids where Abaven once stood.  Soon enough I intend to make sunset falls part of my pack’s territory as well.”  There was no hiding how good it felt to finally get to share these tidings.  The fresh success still had the earthen-hued wolf in a good state of mind.

“That said, I wanted to come to you and officially ask for an alliance with Ashen.” Kotori picked up the edges of his sack in his jaws to lay it down at Venom’s feet.  “I can think of no items so valuable to be equal to that of an alliance.  So I bring items simply as a humble gift with a promise that Valta will fight tooth and nail for any of its allies and be ready to assist should you ever call.”

Kotori moved the lip of the bag open a bit more.  “I never saw many polar bears out this far, obviously they prefer colder climates.  So I thought pelts from polar bears might be a change of pace.  One as a rug, one more as a pillow.” A tap given to the bottle of ale, “I hear this is supposed to be good quality.  I haven’t tried it myself.”

Too bad no one had ever come to Venom to request an alliance while Kotori was present before he mused.  With the Armada he could have bungled his request to dad in a million ways and of course, dad would still have approved.  Kotori had been on good terms with Venom from his time here but there was a difference between friendship or on good terms and a true alliance.  

"Kotori Fatalis"
[Image: HMmbDEu.png]
 [Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_39.gif]

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
09-22-2022, 05:00 AM
Kotori easily greeted her back by name, they shared no intricate titles or stuffy welcomes as they spoke to each other plainly. He swiftly made himself comfortable before beginning to tell her exactly what he had come to announce. Kotori had taken the mantle of leadership, he formed a pack from the dust. Venom’s pale brows lifted, less in surprise and more of interest. "Congratulations,” She told him softly as he took a breath and began to speak on his future plans.

The Empress felt the honor of this act, he had told her of his ideas before he left Ashen. Now he had returned to create in full, the relationship between their packs that he had promised. His next words were the gift of his promised alliance. She knew only very vaguely his relationship with her own daughter, who was a piece of the alliance with Elysium. He already had a paw up on Manea, as Venom still felt as though Sirius held a father-like figure in her life. So she and Kotori were already everything but siblings.

He offered up a rare white pelt made from the massive bear of the northern reaches. Ko was correct, they did not often show their faces here. He didn’t even have to bring her a gift, but they were much appreciated in either case. "You flatter me, Kotori.” She started as her sunset gaze looked over the offering he brought. "I would be honored to instate an alliance with you and your young pack, I appreciate your gifts, and will offer the same in return. If anyone is to turn their teeth or claws to you, Ashen will be at your back.” He didn’t seem like a conqueror, but she would offer as well. "I will eagerly listen if you have plans of expansion that my pack might assist in.”

"Venom"
[Image: ven-sig.png]