size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick

Samhain 2022
09-14-2022, 11:31 AM
It was a nice day and this weather was something she could get used too. Even though she had missed the chilly and frigid temps she was born into, this more mild weather was a lot easier to handle and even though some days since arriving here it had been too unbearably hot for the dark furred wolf, today was just nice. A storm had rolled through late last nice bringing a break of cooler temperatures. It felt much like early spring or early fall.

The weather made it easy to explore the area they had temporarily settled into. She hadn’t gone to far from the den so far, but she had managed to get close to an active groundhog den. Quietly she flattened herself to the ground and waited. She had made sure she was down wind from the hole and knew that she could be in for a long wait, but she welcomed it because it gave her something to do.

She waited and listened and watched, molten gaze fixated on the hole. It had taken a long time for the groundhog to slowly come out looking for danger and luckily it didn’t see her. Slinking out the creature meandered away from its hole to where it normally ate, stopping so often to carefully look around. Then suddenly up on its hind legs it went, body tense like it heard something then it made a mad dash to its hole and darted inside.

It made the yearling huff as she sat up, her gaze looking around for the source that scared the animal.

Birna

Loner

Master Hunter (249)

Master Fighter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
09-16-2022, 08:36 PM

Birna continued to work her way southward toward Auster but of course that meant going through southern Boreas where the heat got unbearable during the day. She started doing much of her travel at night but finally they were blessed with a nice day. The temperatures were reasonable and the rain had brought out the wildlife in the area. Birna scented the ground, coming upon a set of whitetail deer tracks. While not as familiar with hunting such creatures she was getting more practiced. Birna followed along the trail, focused mostly on her hunting until a rustling caught her attention. She looked up to see something scurry into its den and a yearling wolf look over toward her. Birna gazed back quietly with her blue eyes for a moment. “My apologies, did I disturb your hunting?”

Ulula

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick

Samhain 2022
09-19-2022, 04:04 PM
She was a bit surprised to see what had scared off the groundhog. A creature that she had some in contact with before, back home. The large feline asked her a question and Ulula smiled slightly before shaking her head.

"Not at all, I was just observing the creature," she replied. "Your a Snow leopard arn't you?"

Ulula's grandfather had a Snow leopard companion. He was a gruff creature who had never been too friendly, but was always around to watch the pups when it was needed. She could remember his thick plush coat and how it felt when she touched it. He had been meant for the cold just like the rest of his kind, so to see this one so far from the north made her wonder what she was doing down here in this heat.

Luckily today wasn't too hot. Her eyes turned back when she felt her companion come up beside her. The dark wolverine looked over the Leopard, but he remained neutral for now.

"I'm Ulula Praetor and this is my companion Viktor," she added.

Birna

Loner

Master Hunter (249)

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
09-24-2022, 01:48 PM

Birna nodded gently in reply to the girl's question."I am indeed." Perhaps the girl came from similar lands to herself? Then again she had come across the scent of other snow leopards in the northern regions of Boreas so perhaps her kind was not as rare in these lands as she supposed.

"A pleasure to meet you both. My name is Birna. My companions are elsewhere scouting for food. I was following the tracks of a deer. If you were interested you are welcome to join me and split the kill." In these flatter lands where prey like deer had the advantage she was learning the importance of team work in making a kill. She was an ambush predator, meant for speed and sprinting over difficult terrain. In a flat out run over even ground she was hard pressed to make a successful kill.

"Have you anyone else with you or is it just the pair of you that travel?"

Speech

Ulula

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick

Samhain 2022
10-05-2022, 12:26 PM
Snow leopards were common back home, in fact there had been quite a few in the pack that had them as companions. She had never met one that had it's own companions, but she knew it shouldn't surprise her. Viktor perked at her side when Birna mentioned deer and Ulula would look down at him. She wasn't starving, but she could certainly go for something to eat, plus it would be nice to be with someone who may know a bit more about the lands then herself.

"Sure we would love to help," she said as she looked back up to Birna.

She was no expert hunter, but she knew the basics to chasing and catching prey and together they all should be able to bring a deer down without much issue.

"Just us two today. My mother and her companions have been with us, but have gone out scouting this morning. She's been bringing herbs home to so I'm sure she will be gone most of the day," she replied.

Birna

Loner

Master Hunter (249)

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
10-22-2022, 07:43 PM
ooc: Sorry for the wait!

Birna listened politely as the girl agreed to help and explained that her mother was away gathering herbs. "I see, then I hope we can have a meal for her when she returns. I believe in splitting the kill evenly and hope to have secured a herd of reindeer for myself in the future so hunting won't be quite so live or die." Of course she would never fully give up hunting. It was a thrill and a deep part of herself. She just wished for an added layer of security as well as community.

Birna stalked along after the deer tracks, pausing to make sure the girl was following. Her raven, Guelder, flew ahead then soon came back to report. He spoke quietly. "There's a small herd up ahead. They are drinking from the creek. I noticed one is laying down and seems unwell. A good target perhaps?"

Speech