Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Derby Winner1KPride - BisexualDouble MasterAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Wordy
10-24-2022, 09:26 AM

Life never seemed to stop for the small framed female that slowly wandered the castle grounds. From finding love to heartbreak, to being terrorized by a cloaked figure, to leaving and coming back, and now going from snowy winter to crisp autumn, Audra wasn't ever given a break. She tried not to let the sudden change in weather spook her, but with the terrors of the Long Night still haunting her dreams, she couldn't help but wonder if it would happen again soon. Every time she looked to the sky, the days continued to cycle and there was only ever one moon to be seen. Forcing herself to leave the confines of the castle with Mack in tow to get some fresh air, Audra tried to admire the last of the greenery that she could.

A U D R A

audra's companions are to be assumed next to her unless stated otherwise

Laeta

Somnium

Intermediate Navigator (40)

Expert Intellectual (135)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
10-24-2022, 04:23 PM

Laeta appreciated the sudden change in season, even with the faint apprehension of the Long Night’s weird changes still bitter on her tongue. At least there was no constant moon in the sky, taunting the wolves below. There were no whispering fireflies, or glowing mushrooms, crystals, or disgusting ooze - as the monochromatic woman walked through the castle, she shook her head of the traumatic memories of that season. This strange yet pleasant fall was peaceful, and seemed to hold no malice. Vivid autumn colors surrounded the stoney grounds, and as the woman padded outside to marvel as the changes, Mel lumbered next to her, adjusting his monocle and squinting at the falling leaves where there was just snow the other day. It was..well, an overnight shift, wasn’t it?

As the pair walked at an ambling pace, no rush to get anywhere, Mel suddenly stopped and perked up. Lae frowned as she noticed him stopping, seeing his beady eyes focus on a familiar figure standing outside as well. ”L-Lady Laeta! If I’m not mistaken..that is Lady Audra, no?” He said in awe, and when Laeta glanced in the direction he pointed, her ruby eyes widened. No..it couldn’t be. But it was! Laeta burst forward in a gentle lope, clearly trying to run towards Audra but her early arthritis forced her to adopt a limping gait. As she approached the familiar small girl, Laeta’s tail wagged behind her as a smile burst forth on her lips. Mel was happy too, offering a gracious bow at her presence.

”Audra, my goodness! You’ve returned! It’s wonderful to see you again, I can’t believe it!” Laeta said, her eyes almost watering with the overwhelming joy of seeing a beloved friend again. They’d endured so much since that harsh Long Night, yet it was clear the tawny and brown she-wolf had made it through. Thriving, even. Laeta tried her best not to bombard her friend with many questions at once, starting with a simple and cheerful, ”Are you back at the Hallows for good? How were your adventures in Boreas?”

”Speech” ’Thought’

comin' up for air in the deepest of the deep ends
i thought i learned it all, but boom, the plot thickens
laeta has a european badger companion named melis. he can speak and is assumed to be with her at all times.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Derby Winner1KPride - BisexualDouble MasterAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Wordy
10-26-2022, 06:56 AM

Her companion heard their approach first. His fur bristled for a moment as he turned to spy the midnight duo ambling toward them. As Audra turned to figure out who had set Mack off, she noticed his fur smooth back down as he realized who exactly it was. Curious now, the russet girl finished turning around to watch Laeta and her own companion, Mel, slow to a stop before them. A large, beaming smile lifted her lips as she saw the excitement in her friend's expression. "Laeta!" She squeaked, unable to hold herself back as her body wiggled with happiness.

Closing the distance between them, as Laeta exclaimed it was good to see her, Audra embraced her in as tight of a hug as she could manage. Forcing the tears to stay in her eyeballs, Audra stepped back with her tail still wagging energetically. "I-I'm back for good, yes," she answered, her head nodding before continuing, "they were fun in some w-ways, t-terrible in others," Audra swallowed hard at the memories of the Menagerie disaster and decided not to recall the events quite yet. "A-at times, I wish I h-had never left," she admitted with a sigh and a shrug of her shoulders. "Anyway, h-how have y-you and Mel been?" Her golden eye flicks over to Mel for a moment before settling back on Laeta.

A U D R A

audra's companions are to be assumed next to her unless stated otherwise

Laeta

Somnium

Intermediate Navigator (40)

Expert Intellectual (135)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
11-09-2022, 06:20 PM

Laeta graciously accepted her friend's hug, tail thumping across the earth as her own eyes threatened to bubble over with tears of pure happiness. She managed to keep them iwthin her eyes, which were misted as Audra drew back from her embrace to face her again. Not much had changed about the woman since she'd seen her last; lithe, small, one eye completely darkened from the Long Night that had shattered both their lives in the most horrific ways. It was hard not to dwell on such memories, especially since their lives were threatened..but that was in the past, and the pain she had left behind ought to stay there. Audra had returned! Something she had not expected, yet something she eagerly accepted before it could disappear again.

She listened with the utmost sincerity as Audra explained what had happened - detailing that she was here to stay, which made Lae all the more joyful - and mentioned her time in Boreas was fun, yet also horrible. A faint tug of concern edged upon her lips, but she maintained a gentle smile as the tawny girl went on to mention she sometimes wished she never left. That was fair, she supposed - to her, Boreas was a vast but unpredictable place. Gods only knew what horrors she endured, and she was partially relieved Audra wasn't ready to go into detail just yet. Mel also listened quietly beside her, exchanging friendly glances with Mack here and there.

When the woman inquired what Lae and Mel themselves had been up to, the older woman smiled more widely as she sat on her bony haunches and said, "Oh, we've been well. I've recovered for the most part, though some days are better than others for my joints. But I've been exploring more and more of Auster now, and I have taken on the role of providing emotional support for wolves in the Hallows - like a physician, but for the mind instead of the physical body." She knew little about healing the body aside from some basic first aid and a few herbs, but she knew how to communicate with others however they were feeling - able to remain calm and level even when those she consoled were at their lowest point.

”Speech” ’Thought’

comin' up for air in the deepest of the deep ends
i thought i learned it all, but boom, the plot thickens
laeta has a european badger companion named melis. he can speak and is assumed to be with her at all times.