size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipDouble MasterThe Ooze Participant
10-24-2022, 06:34 AM

When the season changed drastically, even within the desert, a concern grew within Celeste. Was all of the land like this or did the desert happen to be the only place to change? Leaving Kuroki to handle things back in the desert, Celeste took leave to do some investigating. Perhaps it was her nosy nature that led her south unintentionally. Either way, she found herself skirting the Hallows pack lands (though she made a point to note that she should say hello sometime) and wandered toward the bottom of Auster.

Once her nose had picked up on Tojo's pack scent, she knew exactly where she would stop and question. Surprisingly, as the maze loomed in front of her, their season was nothing like that of what she experienced near God's Garden. Here, the chilly wind still bit at her face as it rolled over the ocean. Stopping at the entrance, the petite koi-descendant tilted her chin up to call for Hanzo himself. No other would do. She would need to speak with him directly.

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
10-24-2022, 06:48 AM

It wasn't often that Tojo had visitors and honestly, that suited him just fine. In isolation they flourished, didn't need to worry about mingling or keeping on other packs good sides. Simply kept to themselves and were content as such, the world could burn down around them and Tojo would still live on. And yet, as a call reached Hattori's ears he couldn't help but feel a niggling thought as though it was familiar. Not familial, but enough to have him moving towards the edge of the maze at a brisk pace, wide paws crunchign at the fallen leaves as he went.

Between the trees he caught sight of slithers of a patchy coat, a koi he'd met some time ago. A koi who noteably carried the scent of one of his sons.

He came to stand in front of her and blinked, the pale of his brows rose in silent curioisty.

"Akizora." He greeted, also noting how the scent of desert sand clung to her. Might even be found between her toes if he cared to look. She had once asked for advice, so he wondered if the same rung true for this meeting as well. "What do you need?"
[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Celeste

Somnium

Master Intellectual (375)

Master Hunter (370)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

10-24-2022, 07:03 AM

She would not be kept waiting long and that perhaps surprised her more than the curious look he would soon be giving her. Perhaps Kuroki's punctuality tendencies came from lack of parenting or the boy really never saw an urge to hustle. Didn't bother her any. They were on their own time now and only had to answer to themselves. Tuning back in to the subtle crunch of leaves beneath heavy paws, Celeste met the gaze of Tojo's Kaicho with a friendly smile.

"Hattori," she greeted back, a slight nod of the chin in his direction before she took a seat to get comfortable. Knowing the man wouldn't allow her any farther into the maze territory, she figured she might as well get comfortable here. Letting her gaze wander over his form once before answering his question, she realized now how similar they appeared to each other. Interesting, truly. "Nothing of physical value, but things have changed. I lead a pack by the name of Ethyria now and your son, Kuroki, has taken rank with me," she pauses then to allow the information to settle before she got to the reason why she was there.

"Recently, the season has drastically changed from summer to autumn overnight within the oasis I claimed. Yet, here, your maze is untouched. On my journey to see how much has been affected, some places are more so than others. Have you heard anything as to why?" It would be foolish to think Hattori all-knowing, but she knew he was an observant creature that listened more than he spoke. So if anyone would have any idea as to what was going on, Celeste figured he would have the best guess.

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
10-24-2022, 07:16 AM
Ethyria. That explained the desert sand then. He wasn't sure why she had left Ashen and didn't care enough to ask, her choices were her own and she seemed content with the ones she had made. At the very least she had a better head on her shoulders than his eldest son did, seemed to know what she was doing and had no regrets about it. He simply nodded at this, wondering if he was supposed to ask about Kuroki and how he was doing. Surely if something was wrong with him, she would have started with it. But due to her brief mention he had to assume he was about the same as always, the black sheep who never took anything serious.

Her question was a valid one, though Hattori was somewhat frustrated to find he didn't have all the answers for her. Or any, really. He was just as in the dark as she was, if not more so, all secluded and safe within his bamboo fortress.

"The climate to the west of here is very much the same. Territories nearby the Hallucination Caves all seem to be effected, to some degree."  Fortunately its influence had not spread this far east, but he wasn't counting on the fact that things might change. Not after what he'd seen during the Long Night.

Hattori did not often give handouts, but he could give her this advice for free.

"Whatever is happening, I suggest you be mindful. The threat builds slowly, creeps up whilst you least suspect it."

Celeste

Somnium

Master Hunter (370)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

11-07-2022, 09:09 AM

She could practically feel the frustration emanating from Hattori Hanzo. The fact that he would have no concrete answer for her was both illuminating and worrisome. If the older man had no idea why some areas were affected and others were not, Celeste wondered if anyone would at all. Unfortunately, she had arrived shortly before the Long Night had ended so she had not fully experienced the terror and oddity of that event. Unable to make any connection between the Long Night to these magical bubbles of autumn, her brow did scrunch.

"I will not lie. My curiosity is piqued. On my way back north, I may stop by the caves and take a look. There has to be some reasoning for these occurrences," Celeste's voice was a matter of fact, but she would nod toward him anyway. He was right. There was reason to be wary of the situation as bad things were known to happen, but she wouldn't fear away from the changes.

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

11-12-2022, 08:53 AM
It was a curious thing, the sort most wolves would not ignore. But should they? If things were to deteriorate as they had last year, then in hindsight many would wish they had looked the other way and kept in their own lane. But for now it was too early to say, too little to go on, with the concrete truths so far out of reach. And what would they all do when the truth was found? Would it be worth the evitable cost? Hattori frowned so fierce his facial muscles ached a little.

"Then be mindful where that curiosity takes you. It is no longer just your welfare on the line. Those of Ethyria depend on you. "Kuroki included. A strange thought really, one Hattori decided to not linger upon for too long.  "If you require a rest before returning to Boreas then the Bay is open to you." A polite enough but aloof offer, the sort he extended but did not expect to be accepted.

Celeste

Somnium

Master Hunter (370)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

11-14-2022, 12:25 PM

Hattori's fierce frown was not lost on her. She would assess the reaction carefully. Even his words made her ponder the exact relationship between father and son. Did he care more for his offspring than others cared to vouch for? Not that Kuroki spoke often or really at all about his father, but whispers were not quiet amongst the birch trees of Ashen. Celeste would appreciate his offer of taking a rest along the bay, she was sure it would be a lovely spot. Yet, she was not quite ready to depart.

"Excuse me if I am overstepping, but I do have another question," she pauses now for a moment to really consider how to phrase her words. One wrong sentence and she could potentially ruin things for someone. "Do you have anything you wish to pass on to Kuroki? I keep him quite busy and don't forsee him being able to make it down south any time soon," Celeste's gaze lingers on Hattori, wondering if making a request would be too much or too personal. In reality, if either of them wanted to see each other, it would happen, but that was not her business. This would be more her courtesy for Kuroki in case there was anything his father needed to say.

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

11-20-2022, 08:28 AM
Hattori paused at that, wondering what she intended to say and how it might come across as intrusive. He did not interrupt her or cut her off, simply remained silent and she said her piece, spoke her mind as she was welcome to. Once the words passed her lips, he thought that yes she was being rather intrusive and that he had every right to shut that line of questioning down. A part of him was tempted to, it was no secret that father and son did not get along, but he supposed she was only asking because she cared. Wanted to give a chance, leave an opening to see if he would take it.

"It is fine. I know where he is, if I have something to say to him than I shall." He supposed it was probably for the better that his son was kept busy, less chances to get himself into trouble then.