Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Asena

Overachiever
11-27-2022, 12:15 AM

Our lives are made in these small hours

The male had done his best to not be seen, scented or heard for the longest time. He was a shadow dancing after his best friend, a demon meant to keep others at bay for her. There was silence this night as he moved. His fur was on end. Everything was dark, shadows no longer danced at the corner of his vision, no now they walked beside him and he was aware of their every movement.

Rainbow skinned paws touched dirt silently as he moved. His pace was slow, different from its normal. His fur was matted and he wasn't sure if it was blood or mud caked on him in places. His eyes were unfocused and a low grumble came from him as his lips twitched. It wouldn't take much for someone to stumble upon what he was walking away from.

Behind him closer to a border there was a body, a mangled corpse. He'd seen red when the creature was sniffing around. He'd smelled Lucy and that red became violence. The poor coyote knew not what it had done before it was being ripped to pieces. The silence of the night after the commotion he had caused was eerie, but to him it brought comfort.

He padded into a small thicket he had been using as a den lately. His body flopping to the ground with a huff of air. He told himself he was protecting her by making sure she never saw him but making sure she was also protected physically if she needed.

His form finally began to relax as he slowly slid his eyes closed. He would go back out and watch more tomorrow night. It was well past midnight now.

Walk, "talk", Think

These little wonders these twists and turns of fate

Art by Asena

As his best friend and personal medic, Lucette is allowed to enter Bae-Syl's threads as she sees fit. That being said Bae-Syl is her self appointed protector and might enter threads with her in them to ensure her safety.

Lucette

Vedia
Keeper

Advanced Healer (85)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
11-27-2022, 11:43 PM

It had been long, far too long since she’d last seen Bae-Syl. Corbie had claimed The Range, and rather than slip into the pack with her, for a safe place to lay their heads, Bae-Syl had seemed to disappear. For a while, she was sure she could scent him lurking around, but in time that scent began to fade. Worry gnawed at the yearling as she searched for him, but she turned up nothing. Not even Ink had managed to have any luck with turning up the rainbow-marked male. That was while they were still in Boreas, and, with no other desirable options, Lucy had decided to follow her parents when they moved to Auster and tend to her little siblings.

She had managed, for the most part, to seem happy. But there was something missing from her happiness, and Lucette felt it a lot when she returned to the den that she lived in alone. It was part of the cave, and she could hear her parents and siblings where they were, but… Lucette felt empty. Bae-Syl was supposed to be there. To comfort her, and she was meant to take care of his hurts. They were supposed to be a team! But what sort of team fell apart like this? She had gone from simply missing him to worrying. What if those cousins of his had actually found him? What if he was dead, and she could have done something to stop it?

That night, as if by fate, Lucette had left the safety of Ethne’s pack lands. Her mother had been slowly recruiting other wolves, and Lucy was glad to know that their family was growing. Something gnawed at her mind, and Lucy’s restless paws lead her first to Cattail Creek, then, when the noises of a struggle went up, she paused, her heartbeat fearfully beating in her ears. What on earth…? It sounded like a coyote, but something, or someone, was tearing it to pieces. She waited until the sounds of the struggle stopped, creeping onward more cautiously than before. She was starting to wish she had brought Ink and Rush with her…

Lucette discovered the corpse, mangled and shredded by… Bae? She scented the remains again, and she was sure she had caught his scent. She let out a soft whine, fearful of what this might mean. Had he been avoiding her because that demon he had was growing stronger? Was he a danger to himself? His words that day in The Range came back to her, and Lucette swallowed hard. If he really had lost himself… she knew she wouldn’t be able to kill him. Her mom would, if it came down to it, but would she have the courage to call for Bellamy if this situation arose?

Lucette continued to creep along, careful to not make a sound as she padded through the eerie land of Grapevine Cathedral. It was dark, hard to see, and well past midnight as she moved along, hoping, praying to catch sight of Bae-Syl at the base of one of the trees. She whimpered, her gaze sliding around until at last, she saw him. His fur appeared unkempt, likely so from the scuffle he had gotten into with the coyote. His eyes appeared to be closed as she approached him, a bit uncertain, but the pull to him was greater than anything she’d known.

“Bae? Bae it's me…” She called to him. Would he get up, and try to leave? Demand that she hurt him? Tears pricked her eyes as she whimpered, her heart leaping to her throat. “Please don’t… don’t go again…”

"Talk, 'Think.'

Bae-Syl

Vedia
Guardian

Expert Fighter (186)

Advanced Hunter (60)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Asena

Overachiever
11-28-2022, 03:04 PM

He was close to unconscious when the sound of approach roused his attention. Eyes dilated as they snapped open and he jumped up, about facing whoever dared try to come here and challenge his place in this world. A snarl placed itself on his face in the same instance as his hackles rose. No doubt he looked like a wild animal to whoever it was. His eyes caught onto nothing at first, darting around at his own eye level expecting someone his own size, until they moved lower and it was like time stopped.

All sound stopped from him as he froze, eyes on the form of Lucette. His nostrils flared as he worked the scents out in his own head, taking every second he could to do so. There was a moment of disbelief on his face, followed by a sudden horror. He'd almost pounced Lucy, almost attacked her the way he had that Coyote. He could of hurt her. No. Killed her. The shock of it was slowly sinking in. His paws were frozen even though everything in his head was screaming at him to back away and take off. Her words only just registering to him. Her whimper caught in his ears and he pinned them back letting out his own whine.

Before he knew it he was sliding down to his belly and crawling on it towards her. There were no words that could express how agonizing his heart felt in the moment, knowing he could of just ended Lucy and had every intention of attacking before he even realized who it was. He stopped crawling when he was out of his little thicket home and about five feet from her. She had to make the final move he wasn't going to push his luck. It felt like it had been eons since they last spoke, and their last conversation before he had decided to take a step away and protect her from a distance hung in the air around him.

He lowered his head to his paws and waited. His wordless apology was written on his face. He wasn't running though, never would from her. Her teary eyes were what held his. "Don't cry, Luce, please....." It was a mere whisper from him, his breath was shaky and voice was raspy but definitely also deeper than it had been when she last spoke to him. He'd turned two only recently but he had noticed the differences. His voice had dropped at least an octave and he had filled out completely since she had seen him last. He dared not move yet, She needed to decide if he was allowed any closer.

Walk, "talk", Think

Art by Asena

As his best friend and personal medic, Lucette is allowed to enter Bae-Syl's threads as she sees fit. That being said Bae-Syl is her self appointed protector and might enter threads with her in them to ensure her safety.

Lucette

Vedia
Keeper

Advanced Healer (85)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light

11-30-2022, 02:28 PM

Lucette kept a distance between herself and Bae-Syl. While she missed the male, she could smell the scent of the coyote on him, and from what she could see of him he hadn’t been properly taking care of himself. He was a mess, different from the Bae she had left. She desperately wanted to go to him, but she had to make sure it was safe. She didn’t want to think about what might happen if she tried to get close to him before he realized she was there. She was right to be cautious, for, at her voice, Bae-Syl moved, but it was not the cry of recognition she had hoped for.

Bae came up defensively, snarling, eyes dilating in search of something, someone that threatened him. Lucy couldn’t help but flinch, seeing him looking around as if he was in danger and needed to fight his way out for survival. Lucette didn’t move, standing there frozen, eyes wide and breath caught in her throat at Bae-Syl’s reaction. This wasn’t how she had remembered leaving Bae. Hesitantly she lifted a paw, but she was uncertain if coming closer was a good idea at all. Her ears lowered, falling flat against her skull, but her eyes never left him.

Time didn’t just seem to stop for Bae-Syl, but for Lucette as well. She remained where she was, whining again, tears pricking her eyes as the tears threatened to fall. He had looked about ready to pounce at her, tear her apart, but no… No Bae wouldn’t do that. He couldn’t! He’d never hurt her! He whimpered, seeming to register what was going on, and lowered to the earth, getting onto his belly before starting to draw closer to her. For the moment Lucette remained still, watching him, waiting with pained eyes.

He had realized what was going on… but if he hadn’t… Lucette didn’t let herself finish that thought, firmly telling herself again that Bae-Syl wouldn’t do that. Lucette slowly lifted her ears a little and allowed herself to take that first, tentative step forward. She wasn’t sure what to say, how to ask him what had happened, why he had gone away… he had seemed to stick by close enough, edging a territory near the lands of Ethne, so he hadn’t forgotten about her but…

“You went away…” She began, her voice shaking as she tried to fight back her tears. “I’ve been so worried for you, Bae. We… we were supposed to tackle things together… I…” She blinked, the tears sliding down her cheeks before she rushed to close the distance between them. A broken sob left her lips as she flung herself at him, collapsing at her side like a broken doll.

“I didn’t know what else to do… I didn’t know where you went… and and… I joined my mom’s pack… but… but Bae!” She clung to him, almost as if her very life depended on it. “I’ve missed you so much, Bae! Please don’t go! Don’t go…!”

"Talk, 'Think.'

Bae-Syl

Vedia
Guardian

Expert Fighter (186)

Advanced Hunter (60)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Asena

Overachiever
11-30-2022, 03:03 PM

What was only moments for the world felt like an eternity for Bae-Syl. She seemed to be uncertain of him and he couldn't blame her. His ears pressed as far back as they would go, his eyes staying on Luc's face. The streaks of tears on her face had him fighting to not just fling himself at her.

When she stepped closer he let out a breath he hadn't realized he had been holding. Shadows danced in the clearing for him making him more than aware he wasn't alone in his own head. But Lucy he knew wouldn't see them. When she started speaking he looked to the side, a feeling of guilt clawing up his gut. He knew he was breaking promises, but how did he tell her that he wasn't sure he was safe for even her to be around. Though he knew one thing had held throughout all his time alone, her scent was something he always found comfort in, had calmed him or enraged him to find tangled with others. It had been one extreme or another lately though and he fought back his need to tell her everything right away. She wouldn't stay and would think he was insane if he spoke up.

When she flung herself at him and collapsed he did only what felt natural. His paw came to draw her into his chest, as gently as the giant man could. He heard her words and the guilt in his gut only grew. He had done this to them, had hurt her. He held her close as he let a breath go. She had joined a pack, that had been why she had been so entangled in the scent of others, and why she didn't seem to leave this pack's land. He had scented the pack long enough ago but hadn't bothered them, only hoping Lucy was okay and daring not trespass. It hadn't even registered to him that the Alpha of the land had smelled like Bellamy.

"Shhhhh...." He let the rumble of his deep voice escape in an attempt to calm Lucy down a bit. Perhaps he needed to reassure her that he wasn't leaving, but that might make her look for him and put herself in danger. "I'm right here Luce, I just..... I've been close the entire time though." He didn't want to admit to her he wasn't okay just yet. He wanted nothing more than for her to stay close at least for a bit longer.

He closed his eyes and buried his nose in her fur. Taking in everything that was her new scent. He was doing his best to shut out the shadows and anything that wasn't luce right now.

Walk, "talk", Think

Art by Asena

Lucette

Vedia
Keeper

Advanced Healer (85)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light

12-12-2022, 04:47 PM

She was crying, tears streaming down her cheeks as Bae-Syl moved to draw her close. She had missed him, gods she had missed him. It felt like forever since she had seen him last and since they were traveling together and living their lives. She didn’t speak again yet, just drawing close to the rainbow-marked man. He had always towered over her, and even now when she was nearly an adult he was still so much bigger. She let herself cry, and be held by him. She let her words reach him, and let him know what had gone on with her since she’d seen him last. She didn’t want to move for fear that, if she drew back, he would disappear again.

Bae-Syl shushed her, the soft rumble of his deep voice giving her a little comfort. She drew closer to him, holding him close, whining loudly as he spoke. If he had always been here, why hadn’t she been able to see him? Why hadn’t they been able to hang out and pal around together like they used to? Lucy shook her head, not wanting to believe it. “I couldn’t see you… I was worried something happened…” Her voice was quiet as she shivered. “I thought… I thought your cousins came…” She shivered again, though not from cold.

She had been scared this whole time. For him, for both of them. Lucette closed her eyes, desperate to chase off those dark thoughts. Her ears remained pinned to her skull. Her head hurt, and her heart hurt, but he was here. He was there now, and that was what mattered to her right now. “I’m sorry…” She told him. “I know you were never keen on packs… but…” What else could she have done when she couldn’t find him? She had been scared. After living in Avalon a bit and realizing he wasn’t around she didn’t know what else to do. She wasn’t going to be able to stay in Avalon forever…

“I missed you…” Her next words came quietly, a soft confession that she repeated to him. “Please don’t keep yourself from me Bae… Even if those dark parts of you surface, I know we can beat them together. Please…”

"Talk, 'Think.'
Lucette has two companions - a kodkod and a saw-scaled viper. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Bae-Syl, as Lucette's bestie, guardian, and mate is welcome to invade her threads at any time regardless of how they are marked.

Bae-Syl

Vedia
Guardian

Expert Fighter (186)

Advanced Hunter (60)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Asena

Overachiever
01-03-2023, 02:32 PM

When I fall apart, Promise in the dark

He sighed as she let everything out on him, a guilty feeling welling up in his chest. In trying to keep her safe, he had distanced himself, only hurting her. How did he even tell her, he was dangerous. She had just seen how much so.

Then she spoke of packs, his eyes dropped, she was part of one now, and he was just the rogue male holding her. He'd never be good for her like the pack would. She was social and could learn so much there, while he would be left in the dark. "I can't go to a pack luce, im dangerous. I.... I dont know how to explain it, its in my head. I smell you and see something making the wrong move, I snap. I dont even know I've done it until I am left with a mangled body."

He used his paw to tilt her face up to his so she had to look him in the eye. There was a fire there he knew, but also he knew he couldn't overcome this. This was something deeper, it felt almost primal to him. He needed to protect her. There was no question to him of if he could, it was a question of how far he would go to do so.

His eyes locked on her green ones. He knew a hint of danger always lingered behind his eyes but it was softer when he looked at her. She was asking, no begging, for him to not keep himself from her. She needed to know she was up against demons fighting to control him, and him fighting to protect the most precious thing to him in his life, her. He didn't want to hurt her but, if they didn't tread carefully they would both get hurt. He let another sigh out. He was likely going to regret not keeping at a distance more.

"Okay."

Walk, "talk", Think

You'll be my nightlight

Art by Asena

Lucette

Vedia
Keeper

Advanced Healer (85)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light

01-08-2023, 11:26 PM

Even as Bae-Syl had told her that he was dangerous, and told her he couldn’t explain it, she was shaking her head. She didn’t care how dangerous he thought he was. She didn’t care what demons he fought. The girl knew there had to be some way to help him, some way to make it better. She clung to him, as if for fear that if she let go, he would disappear. He would fade away from existence. She didn’t know the demons that he was battling, didn’t know about that struggle in his head, but she was stubborn. In darkness, there was light. If he was lost in the dark then it was up to her to be that light, right?

He lifted her face, tears still in her eyes as she looked upon him with her brilliant green eyes. Her lips quivered, her ears lowered, and she looked so helpless in that moment. Hell, she felt helpless. Like she wasn’t good or anyone, or anything, let alone Bae-Syl. “I…” She swallowed hard, and steeling her resolve, her gaze hardened a bit. She huffed, and through her tears, through her worries, her fears, she spoke. “My family can help you, Bae.” She spoke firmly.

“We don’t need it to be perfect. I know this is going to be a battle you fight for the rest of your life, but you don’t need to fight alone. My mom understands fighting against yourself, and my dad is one of the most brilliant healers I know. And… And I can’t give up on you. I saw that corpse and yet, all I can think about is being with you. Your part of me, and I’m part of you.” She blinked, sending more of those tears down her cheeks as she sniffled.

“But we can’t help if you keep pushing us away. If you feel more comfortable being close, but not in the pack, so only me and my parents can see you for a while, then stay here. The cathedral can be your safe place. And I can come be with you here. Then I’ll be a call away, if either sides needs anything.” Lucette shifted closer again, getting nose to nose with Bae-Syl. “I will take my last breath by your side, Bae, and I don’t care if its tomorrow or years from now. I will not give up on you or this fight. You are worth it.” Her head was starting to hurt. How did she make him see? They were meant to do this together.

"Talk", 'Think.'

Art by Asena

Bae-Syl

Vedia
Guardian

Expert Fighter (186)

Advanced Hunter (60)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Asena

Overachiever
01-09-2023, 12:40 AM

She was still crying and he knew there was nothing to stop her from doing so. After all she had thought the worst and here he was like a ghost just appearing again in her life. Although he never had really left to begin with, just remained out of sight and he had thought out of mind.

Apparently she had never let him be forgotten though.

Her green eyes were glassy from crying and the tears running down her face were leaving wet tracks. What was it about her that could make him bend to her whim so easily? She was talking, telling him of the help her family could be, no thoughts of the others around her that may trigger that side of him. Her words were sounding so nice, soothing the anger in him down. He didn't even know why he was about to say it but she needed to know.

"I want to Luce, I really do.... but I.... I look at you and all I want to do is keep you for myself. I get so.... angry when someone looks at you or sniffs in your direction...." he wasn't sure if it was jealousy or just madness at this point though. He knew he cared deeply about Luce though. But he needed her to know this was fire and eventually someone was going to get burned.

She got nose to nose with him and he inhaled her scent deeply. It was like a drug and he was an addict. Her scent soothed him in ways nothing else could. She was starting to sound like she was telling him she loved him, but he knew better, he was just the best friend and was unworthy of those feelings from anyone. She wasn't even aware of how close he wanted to be at all times to her. "I dont know if joining is smart for me Luce, but im not sure the Cathedral is close enough. I want to be right next to you, but I'm dangerous to keep around like that...." his words dropped to a whisper with that statement. Gods he was gonna regret it but maybe he needed to see her leader and join so he could stay right beside her all the time. Or at least shadow her everywhere.

"We can talk to your leader in the morning, we will see if they are even okay with the kind of danger I present to others." he had little hope they would be okay with it. After all a leader needed to think of their people not just one pair.

Walk, "talk", Think

Art by Asena

Lucette

Vedia
Keeper

Advanced Healer (85)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light

01-21-2023, 12:17 AM

Lucette’s head was beginning to hurt from all the crying. She was a whirlwind of emotion, having missed Bae-Syl, glad he was here, scared he’d go away again, and she desperately held onto him. Even as he spoke, his words that should have been alarming weren’t. She didn’t care. She was young and, bit by bit, the young woman was realizing she was in love with Bae-Syl. That she had always been in love with him. She sniffled, finding a surprising bit of comfort in his words. It was selfish, selfish of both of them, but… “As if I’d want anyone other than you, Bae…” She hoped those words would reassure him.

“We’re a pair, and we always have been. You’re for me, and I’m for you. I don’t want to be near anyone else, and when you weren’t here I… I felt broken. Incomplete.” Luce explained. She let her words fall quiet, listening to his worries, his concerns. She frowned, but already a plan was formulating in her mind. “I believe that, for the most part, most of Ethne’s members stick near the Falls. At least my siblings do. There’s another land my mother claimed though - Cattail Creek. We can make a den together in that territory, near the border. That way you can be closer, safe, and when I’m needed I can go do the tasks within the land without you having to worry if I come back to you because I always will.” She closed her eyes, finally starting to calm, and rested her body against him.

“Okay…” She murmured. “I’m exhausted Bae… You’ll stay here with me, right? You won’t go anywhere?” Even now she was fading, the adrenaline from finding Bae-Syl wearing off. She just hoped her mother would be willing to give Bae-Syl a chance, even with his danger… she didn’t want to lose him again.

"Talk, 'Think.'
Lucette has two companions - a kodkod and a saw-scaled viper. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Bae-Syl, as Lucette's bestie, guardian, and mate is welcome to invade her threads at any time regardless of how they are marked.

Bae-Syl

Vedia
Guardian

Expert Fighter (186)

Advanced Hunter (60)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Asena

Overachiever
02-18-2023, 10:41 PM

When I fall apart, Promise in the dark

They were both so stupidly playing with the fire of his temper and he knew it. One day they were going to get into so much trouble because he was going to snap over her being near some other male and that male showing even the slightest interest in her. It was stupid, truly stupid.

Her words did reassure him some but he was still unsure if she meant that with everything in her heart. He cracked a small smile at the thought though that maybe she did love him. He didn't deserve her love though. He was a vagabond and she was by all rights a princess now. She deserved some prince or knight not some rogue with a possession complex.

She was already coming up with plans though on how to get him to be in the pack even if her leaders didn't approve, which brought a deep chuckle too him. "A guard dog, and the first thing someone meets if they trespass you mean. I don't know if anyone would like my answer to that." Surely she had to remember that his first answer was not always diplomacy, especially when it came to her safety. It was an amusing thought though. They would figure this out though he knew. They always did.

He waited as she finally started calming down, before shifting to a more comfortable positions and coiling his much larger body around her. He was a behemoth to this pixie, and he knew it. He didn't lay his head down yet though, waiting for her to start drifting off before he spoke once more. A promise coming from his lips that he intended to keep but he wasn't sure he should. "I'm not going anywhere, promise." His head only lowering to rest on his paws once he was sure she was on her way to dreamland. His eyes remaining open for only minutes more before he drifted off himself. A big bad wolf guarding the tiny princess from the world.

-exit via sleep unless spoken to more-

Walk, "talk", Think

You'll be my nightlight

Art by Asena