An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
Pride - Pansexual1KDouble Master
12-31-2022, 06:03 PM

Áskell snarled as Ari removed the bandages to check on his wounds. During the strange, mystical autumn he'd dreamed of his brother and awoke with severe lacerations on the inside of his forearms that were almost certain to scar permanently. Ari sighed. "You've been having a year."

Áskell nodded. "No kidding… first the pneumonia, then the memory loss, now this… am I doing something wrong? Have I angered some spirit?" Ari spread a salve on his injuries and began to bandage them up. "Its difficult for me to say, but I think a cleansing ritual is in order when you are up to it." Áskell nodded in agreement and cast his mind from the pain to the sunlight streaming through the bamboo leaves. Here in Auster summer was just about to arrive and he looked forward to the bright, warm weather. Perhaps it could warm up the coldness that had settled in his gut.

"Ok, enough Ari, they're bandaged enough." He pulled hid limbs from his companion, ignoring the macaque's stare.

Usagi

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Advanced Hunter (103)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Talia

Samhain 2022Statue 4 Worship
01-14-2023, 10:22 PM

Usagi was patrolling the depths of the bamboo, expertly padding through the maze in a serpentine pattern to get every last bit of the territory checked. His daily routine comprised of frequent patrolling amidst sparring ajd swordfighting - but the patrols were mainly a slight remainder of the attack by the two foolish Pirates seasons ago. Even the snapped ankle he’d been given had left a poor taste in his mouth, and since then, he was determined not to let any unfamiliar creature - be it wolf, bird or bear - dare cross his path without a level of aggression. He was never the welcoming type, and he certainly wasn’t going to practice his manners now.

Pack members were different, of course - he held a deep level of respect and admiration for his superiors. Hattori, of course, being a dostant cousin but also his leader and a trusted one at that, always got the utmost respect from him. He was less familiar with Áskell as the two didn’t cross paths as often, but he still treated him with that cordial manner he had for others. Upon turning a corner, the sword-wielding koi found himself in a small clearing where the Taicho was getting bandaged by a macaque - presumably his companion. The hohei furrowed his brow at whatever small amount of the nasty scarring he could see, and a fire boiled within his chest, wondering if his superior had gotten into a fight. Did he need to track down the bastard that did this? But maintaining his compsure, he approached the man but remained a small distance away to give him space. His chartreuse eyes flickered towards the bandaged forelegs, then to the man’s face. He dipped his head politely before inquiring, "Who did this to you, Áskell?” Straight to the point, typical of him.

”Speech”  ’Thought’

wishing there was something left to lose
this could be the day i die for you—

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Master Intellectual (240)

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
01-21-2023, 05:34 PM

Áskell flinched but soon shifted into a more comfortable position. The injuries would mean taking it easy for awhile until he was healed up enough to get back to training. It frustrated the young warrior to be laid low yet again. His ears twitched at the sound of approach and he looked up to see Usagi. He dipped his head low in greeting though didn't bother to stand.

"Who did this to you, Áskell?”

"That… is a difficult question to answer." He didn't know how much of his memory to trust. "I fell asleep at that strange autumn festival, the one with all the familiars. I had a tortuous dream and awoke to find my legs torn. Was it the work of a spirit encounter or did I battle some creature and simply can't remember?" He sighed heavily. Some days he felt like he was more of a burden on his pack than an asset.

Usagi

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Advanced Hunter (103)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Talia

01-29-2023, 10:36 PM

Askell replied to his inquiry, stating his plight. Apparently, he had fallen asleep at the strange autumn festival - he recalled the odd shrines he'd noticed around Auster, particularly the one he had offered to, and furrowed his brow in concern. It appeared the results of actions varied deeply; some received gifts as he had, while it appeared other wolves weren't so lucky. Though, he couldn't fathom the Taicho doing anything foolish - he was intelligent and courageous. So what had he done to anger whatever forces had marred his legs so terribly? The pain in the man's face was apparent, his defeat and solemn tone clear in his voice. "It sounds like a horrific experience, Askell. I am sorry." He said simply, his expression still tense, but eyes softened in sympathy for the wounded man. It certainly echoed to him the same feelings of uselessness - being injured and unable to protect the pack and its members properly. He understood that pain all too well. "Though I cannot explain the circumstances myself, I don't believe you deserved it in the least." Those sprites, creatures, whatever they were..they pissed off Usagi if they hadn't already rubbed him the wrong way before. Hurting one of his pack members was a new low for whatever strange festival was concocted.

”Speech”  ’Thought’

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-04-2023, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2023, 04:36 PM by Áskell. Edited 2 times in total.)

Usagi offered his condolences and Áskell simply nodded. He wasn't sure how to take the apology for it wasn't anything of Usagi's doing, rather his own cursed luck. "I appreciate that. I think it is the result of some poor luck. Ari here recommends a cleansing ritual. It seems at some point I may have irritated an ill-tempered spirit and the ara-mitama keeps bringing misfortune upon me." Now, as to how he'd irritated or picked up the spirit in the first place was a complete mystery but more and more it was becoming clear to him something needed to be done. He couldn't keep living like this.

"Are you familiar with such rituals? I certainly wouldn't mind some help if you have the time."

Usagi

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Advanced Hunter (103)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Talia

02-05-2023, 07:30 PM

Usagi vsguely remembered his mother telling him and Kuroo about bad spirits. Evil ones, that attached themselves to some poor, unsuspecting vessel, bringing them horrible luck and misfortune until they met some equally terrible demise. It was something he couldn’t say he ever truly belived, though his brother seemed the type to believe in it. However, he couldn’t disprove the existense of unseen evil forces; particularly after this past season’s strange and utterly paranormal display. Therefore, Áskell’s plight being the work of a malevolent spirit - or Ara-Mitama - was certainly plausible. As for cleansing rituals, he couldn’t say he recalled them in detail. He’d witnessed a few being performed back when he was very young, but his memory of such rituals had faded.

”I do not recall the rituals in great detail, but I can try,” He said. If not perfect, at least it would give them both piece of mind. Glancing briefly at the Taicho’s bandaged forelegs, it gave him the motivation to glance towards the direction of the clearings where the pack kept their stores of miscellaneous supplies. ”I do know salt is commonly used to purify the soul, and ward off evil spirits. Perhaps having a bit of salt next to you will do you some good.”

”Speech”  ’Thought’

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-17-2023, 08:57 PM

Usagi agreed to help with the ritual and recommended something called salt. Áskell's ears perked up. "Salt? Yes, if you think it can help. What is salt?" It was a new word to him and he was curious what the other man knew that he did not. Ari moved past him and began stacking rocks nearby. "I will make a small shrine. Usagi, bring your salt. Áskell, bring some cured meat and sake. Perhaps if we leave some offerings for the spirit as well as some prayer we can pacify it."

Áskell fidgeted. He didn't want to part with such valuables but at the same time it was a well worth sacrifice to prevent such further misfortunes. He nodded. "Certainly, I'll see what I have available." Wincing he got to his feet and wandered down into his den.