Intermediate Fighter (45)

Expert Intellectual (225)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
02-04-2023, 02:38 PM

It seemed the western side of the continent was densely populated, only a few territories existing as buffers between pack borders. Sol and Khonsu continued their way south from Insomnia as the sun's light began to fade from the horizon, intent on visiting at least one more pack before setting off to find an abandoned den to turn in for the night. Khonsu was visibly bored, his social battery draining even as Sol's seemed to passively fill. The cobalt-eyed wolf was over the moon at the introductions he'd made, the individuals he'd thus far met, and the potential of more relationships to be built over the next few days. How was one ever supposed to choose a home to reside in when there were so many options?

Sol's head was held high as the twins pranced toward the rocks, excitement in his eyes as he tipped back his muzzle and called politely for an audience with one of this land's residents. Unlike the plains they'd visited prior, this territory carried his voice loud and proud as it echoed off the rocks. "Wow!" Sol turned his excited gaze to his brother. "Did you know it could do that?"

Khonsu's head dipped briefly in exhaustion, but he was more than used to entertaining his sheltered twin's childlike wonder. "Yes. An echo." He told him gently.

Sol & Khonsu

Sol & Khonsu are RP'd as two individuals, although OOCly they are considered one character.
Their speech will be color coordinated to their eye colors (Sol & Khonsu) to designate the speaker.

They each have a crested caracara companion, and share a marmoset companion.
Unless otherwise stated you can assume their companions are somewhere close by.

Yarrabelle, as their mistress, may enter any of their threads.

They are never seen without their hourglass necklace, assume it is always present hanging below their necks.

DM me if you want to plot with them!

+ They do have a rather comprehensive backstory / religion in their profile, and I'm happy to allow anyone who's interested to jump in and make characters from their home land / family / religion.

Seere

"Though She Be But Little, She Is Fierce"

Loner

Master Fighter (285)

Master Healer (335)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

TeacherDouble MasterSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipStudent1K
Snake Eyes
02-04-2023, 04:53 PM
The small Daimyo is out running a patrol of the rocky land when a call echoes from nearby. Without hesitating, Seere changes her course to intercept the wolf who wishes to talk with any members of Ashen. As she nears, she hears not one but two voices speaking and the girl readies to greet the strangers with a huge, warm smile on her lips. Turning a corner, the stranger comes into view and the girl’s steps falter a moment as gets her first good look at them. The smile she wears morphs into a look of utter wonder as she looks at her very first two-headed wolf. Questions begin to swirl in her mind for a moment but she pushes them aside to resume her joyful trot up the wolf.

A huge, beaming smile is back on her lips as she approaches and greets them, “Hello! I’m Seere Abraxas-Destruction, one of the Daimyo of Ashen.” Stopping at a respectful distance, she gives a polite bow before straightening up to glance between both of the heads. They are truly amazing and she bashfully admits, “Sorry. I don’t mean to stare. I’ve just… never meet anyone like you! You are so… wonderful.” She tries to be formal, like a Daimyo is supposed to behave when greeting new, potential members of the pack. However, the excitable girl is eager to get to know them and this causes her exuberant self to break through and shine brightly at the stranger.

"Seere Abraxas-Destruction"

Seere has a male Pallas's cat named Paunch and a female barn swallow named Aisling. They are always nearby.

Sol + Khonsu

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
02-04-2023, 05:06 PM

Their call was answered promptly by a small, greyscale girl who trotted with the very same joy Sol might have had he a body all to himself. His muzzle split into a grin as she approached while Khonsu's own lifted slightly to peer down at her from height. The fuschia eyed wolf saw no reason to be threatened by an individual as small and young as this one, his gaze shifting from her own to observe the distant rocks while Sol greeted her.

"Hi! I'm Sol and this is my brother, Khonsu." The friendlier twin introduced them in turn. It was a bit strange to be met with such a warm welcome, to be called wonderful when historically others had treated him as anything but. The wolf blushed, his muzzle tilting downward toward his chest as he allowed the warm feeling of acceptance to sink into his chest. "It's okay. You're pretty wonderful too - I've never seen one wolf with two different eye colors before."

Sol felt his brother sigh beside him but ignored it, focusing his attention politely upon the girl before him and to the task at hand. The first bit of responsibility he'd been given in his short life. "We're new to this land and are looking for a home. There are many to choose from, so we hoped to hear about each pack before making a decision." It was a practiced speech, one he'd rehearsed to try and overcome the shyness that came from a lifetime lived behind a muzzle. Once he'd stated his business, Sol couldn't help but try and sate his curiosity with a question. "What's a Daimyo?"

Sol & Khonsu

Sol & Khonsu are RP'd as two individuals, although OOCly they are considered one character.
Their speech will be color coordinated to their eye colors (Sol & Khonsu) to designate the speaker.

They are never seen without their hourglass necklace, assume it is always present hanging below their necks.

+ They do have a rather comprehensive backstory / religion in their profile, and I'm happy to allow anyone who's interested to jump in and make characters from their home land / family / religion.

Seere

Loner

Master Fighter (285)

Master Healer (335)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

Snake Eyes
02-04-2023, 07:58 PM
The happiness at meeting such a unique wolf overtakes the formal greetings and the girl’s tail wags joyfully. The head with cobalt eyes introduces himself and his brother which has Seere grinning even wider. Her remark about them being wonderful is answered with a compliment to which the girl blushes mightily. With a giggle, she says, “Aw. Thank you. It is a pleasure to meet you Sol.” She gives a dip of head before looking to his brother and saying, “And you too Khonsu.” Another dip of her head and the smile returns and she listens to Sol speak, nodding along before saying, “That is a very wise thing to do. There are several packs spread across the continents of Boreas and Auster and each one is unique in its own way.”

Folding her haunches, the small girl settles herself across from the duo before lifting a paw to invite them to do the same. Once they are comfortable, she says, “Ashen is a family pack. We value strength and intelligence. But, that doesn’t mean that all we want are warriors. Each skill is prized in its own way.” Her friendly, bright smile never leaves her face as she speaks and she shifts her mismatched between the heads to make sure that she is including them both in the conversation, “Everyone here contributes what they can to the pack and are encouraged to further their learning in whatever skill set they choose.”

Ears keep alert for the sound of Venom’s approach as they speak. Sol’s question about what a Daimyo is has her smile growing (if that is even possible) and Seere explains, “Daimyo is a rank within our pack. The Empress, who should be here shortly, is our leader. Her name is Venom. Daimyos, my rank, are basically high ranking and respected members of the pack. You can only be appointed to the position by the Empress. If you were to join, you would probably be put into the Apprentice rank until you found her path and proved your skill.”

The soft sound of tiny pebbles skittering away from paws reaches her ears and the girl gracefully stands as she says, “But I have said enough. I am sure you would like to hear more from our Empress.” Mismatched gaze turns to where her aunt appears from and she happily greets her, “Empress, I would like to introduce you to Sol and Khonsu.” With that, she gives a respectful bow and falls silent, allowing the adults to take over the conversation.

Seere has a male Pallas's cat named Paunch and a female barn swallow named Aisling. They are always nearby.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
02-05-2023, 03:10 PM
While Venom was trailing behind Seere quite a bit, she wasn’t so far that she didn’t overhear most of the conversation that had occurred. There were only two voices, Seere and the stranger that called, but there were obviously three entities. Which was just as strange because she only scented two wolves. While she couldn’t see or understand the stranger at their border, she was proud of Seere for her performance. Venom had made the correct decision in promoting her capable niece. She was just like her father.

Content with what she had heard Venom made herself known, trotting forward confidently. Leaving no evidence that she was sightless the Empress easily came to a halt beside her Daimyo as the girl introduced her. "Greetings.” She offered with a small nod of her head. "Seere did well in summarizing Ashen, but I would ask you to entertain the question in reverse. I’m curious what you are looking for in a home.” Her head tilted slightly with curiosity. The non reaction to the wolf’s unbelievable appearance perhaps a clue to her disability.

"Venom"

[Image: ven-sig.png]

Sol + Khonsu

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
02-06-2023, 03:37 PM

The warmth and joy from the young girl was contagious, and even Khonsu could not help but soften slightly as she gave a blush and a giggle. It was strange to him that a young wolf would be given a high ranking position within the pack, but hearing her speech things began to make more sense. Ashen sure had a friendly face with Seere doing the introductions.

The twins took a seat as they were invited to, their tail wrapping around their haunches. Listening intently to Seere's explanation, Sol hardly noticed when the next wolf approached. Khonsu's gaze however shifted early, eyeing the older female critically. Being outnumbered had him shifting slightly back on edge.

Ignorant to his brother's discomfort, Sol continued the conversation pleasantly. They were introduced to the Empress, a title that was loftier than most. "Greetings, Empress." The cobalt-eyed head bowed, uncertain. "And thank you, Seere."

With Venom taking over the conversation, the four eyes shifted their focus. There was no confusion on this wolf's face - it the first time a stranger of Boreas had not given them a second glance, in fact. How strange and.. refreshing. She posed to them a question in turn, and Khonsu cleared his throat to signal to his twin his intention to speak.

"You are the first to ask." He stated, a touch of respect in his tone. "We seek a home where we will be able to find acceptance of who we are as individuals, where we could belong to a community. A place where an individual's effort and actions matter more than their appearance or bloodline." He did not feel the need to state why these things mattered - any sighted wolf could determine that for themselves, and Khonsu was still blind to Venom's disability. "It's very important to me that we end up somewhere I'm also free to have my own beliefs, and where I do not have to practice my religion in the dark." He paused. "I have preferences as well to the location and territories themselves, but to explain it now is perhaps getting ahead of ourselves."

Sol listened quietly while his brother spoke, ears flickering with uncertainty. "Not to say your land is not beautiful." He added quickly as Khonsu finished. Directing the topic back to one that might not offend the Empress, he continued. "It seems there are many family packs in this land. What sets Ashen apart from the others that we've seen so far? Obviously we do not belong to any of Boreas' families, but we'll need to make a decision somehow." A small, nervous chuckle escaped his lips.

Sol & Khonsu

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
02-07-2023, 06:29 PM
She still couldn’t be certain of what was before her, and she would not assume the fact out loud in case her outlandish theory turned out to be untrue. As far as she could tell, the wolf before her was either tied together, or one being with two distinct… voices. There was no way they were coming from the same mouth so she had to guess this was a two headed wolf. Venom had seen many odd ways a wolf could be built. Huge feathered wings or two heads, she was beyond being surprised by the world. It was better to expect the unexpected.

Venom gave another little nod as Sol greeted her, and gave Khonsu a tilt of her head and perked ears as he answered her. Stating she was the first to ask this particular question. Venom listened, making note to her own answer as they went on, making important notes with Sol finishing up and asking what made Ashen special. Why did they stand out from other packs?

"I won't deny that there is heavy preference in Klein heritage, especially when deciding who should be allowed reproductive rights.” Venom warned first and foremost. "However, skill and merit are the ultimate factor when it comes to filling our higher ranks. Dedication and aptitude are more important than blood. Your personal beliefs are your own, as long as your practice brings no harm to Ashen or its members you are free to do as you please.” She continued. "As for what sets Ashen apart… We are a culture of honor and grace. Where hard work is seen and rewarded with trust, responsibility, and power. We strive to be strong and disciplined so that our peaceful, productive way of life will be safe from the dangers beyond our borders.”

Venom paused for a brief moment to let her words sink in as she shifted her weight subtly. "Should you choose Ashen as your home you will be expected to prove yourselves.” Venom finished, her pack was not in great need of new blood, she wouldn’t fight to keep them here.

"Venom"

Sol + Khonsu

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
02-08-2023, 02:15 PM

Venom did not shy from their questions, though her open admittance that some wolves were better than others for their bloodline alone did bring hesitance to Khonsu, who gave a hum of concerned acknowledgement. Sol looked to his new friend Seere, his ears pinning at her silence and smile. While the twins were ambitious, they were not clout-chasers. The rank they might one day earn did not have a pedestal in either of their dreams, and a lofty title could not dull the sting of being seen as a lesser individual.

Sol's gaze returned to the Empress. "Are there any other rights a member might lose for not belonging to your bloodline?" He asked softly, unable to resist remembering his own upbringing and the basic enjoyments of life he had been deprived of for that time. A glance was spared back to Seere - she looked happy and very proud of her home, but was that because she was one of the Kleins?

Khonsu took the warning with less emotion than his brother, filing the information away and continuing onward with the 'interview'. "Prove ourselves how?" He returned. Was Venom referring to a pre-joining trial to prove their worth, or simply stating that they'd need to work hard once accepted?

Sol & Khonsu

Seere

Loner

Master Fighter (285)

Master Healer (335)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

Snake Eyes
02-09-2023, 12:07 AM
Seere sits politely on the sidelines, allowing her aunt and Sol and Khonsu to talk without her interruptions. However, as they speak of bloodlines, she notices how sad and nervous the brothers get and her ears lay back as sadness tugs her smile into a frown. Sol’s question about rights that may lose has the girl speaking up, her gaze flicking over the Empress as she sympathetically says, “You won’t lose any rights Sol and Khonsu. You’re lives have value, no matter what you look like or where you come from. It is true that Ashen was built to further the Klein linage but we also respect you. As individuals.”

A warm, gentle smile is offered to them as she looks fondly at the two headed wolf. Yes, she is part of the Klein family but Seere sees beyond her own blood and finds the beauty in life. Her upbringing has been filled with love and, because of that wholesomeness, she now tries share what is her heart with everyone she meets. Sol and Khonsu seem lost, maybe even a little broken, and the girl immediately knows that she will keep tabs on them wherever they go. After this meeting with Venom is over, she will pull them aside for a little talk… if they want to listen. With a warm, tender smile on her lips, she allows Venom to answer Khonsu’s question.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

02-11-2023, 10:45 AM
Seere finally piped up as Venom finished her warning, Ashen was a family pack, and bearing the Klein name was important to her and the advancement of the pack. Being a family pack meant the treasuring of the Klein name and lineage, but that didn’t mean they would turn their backs on their allies. Especially those within the pack. Seere said as much, speaking passionately about her home and their way of life here. Only the highest ranking of Ashen were considered for breeding anyway, a test in and of itself. There was no other privilege the higher ranks were afforded beyond the powers bestowed to a beta ranked wolf.

"Seere is correct.” Venom added. "You would enjoy the same responsibilities and luxuries of any Klein of the same rank.” She assured the stranger, all of this still remaining a hypothetical situation. "If having a family is high on your priority list then there could be a longer conversation.” She just wanted to be up front about the realities within Ashen, that would be the only real dividing factor.

There was one more question to address, how would they be tested? "Should you decide that Ashen is the place for you the rank of apprentice will be bestowed and you will be placed under a half season, to a season long probationary period. Your skill, dedication, and aptitude will be monitored by myself and the rest of Ashen’s leadership. Should you prove to be competent you will be offered a permanent place and official rank.” Venom explained, opening the door for any more questions or need for clarity.

"Venom"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. knock knock Redwater Rocks 02:38 PM, 02-04-2023 03:37 AM, 02-13-2024