size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

Rapid Poster - SilverUnderachieverSamhain 2022Statue 1 Worship1K
01-21-2023, 03:38 PM

Anticipation and excitement bubbled in his chest as the inky male moved towards the royal dens. It was time pay his sister a visit. Not only did he want to see the pups but he also wished to speak to the Empress about potentially challenging for a higher rank. Some time had passed since his joining and he felt confident in his place in the pack as well as his skills. The time had come to seek out more responsibility and he hoped Venom would approve of his desires.

Incubus moved quietly as he approached the royal chambers. He took a moment to take in his surroundings before moving closer. Politely hushed tones lifted into the air as he stopped a few feet from the entrance, "Empress.." Incubus didn't want to disturb any naps or resting that may be happening. If he got not response Inc would happily come back another time but for the time being he'd wait patiently outside.

[Image: CjtKtHg.png]
[Image: Incubus-Puffball-smoller.png]

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
01-23-2023, 07:47 AM
Not too much time had passed since she welcomed lady Riva into the pack, and she had no doubt that Incubus was helping her to settle in. Having another skilled healer in their pack would indeed be an asset, and Venom looked forward to the growing gardens within Ashen’s new old home. As much as she looked forward to the growing plants, she wasn’t looking forward to her little ones growing up. Already they were so big and adventurous, she could barely contain them within the den. Of course she still had nap time for a while longer. They were weaned now, and her own body was returning to its pre pregnancy physique another reminder that the brief time her babies were jellybeans was swiftly coming to a close.

So she enjoyed them for as long as she could, the growing puppies were all exhausted sprawled out at her side. They’d been with their father all morning, and whatever he’d done had them all conked out. For a moment Venom debated in joining them, but the sound of a voice just outside caught her attention. Incubus was requesting her attention. "Come in," she returned equally as softly as she invited him in. There wasn’t much chance of the troublemakers waking while they talked.

"Venom"
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

01-24-2023, 02:16 AM

After only a few moments of patiently waiting Venom's soft tones moved his way. A small smile slipped across his lips as the inky male quietly padded towards the den. Incubus popped his head in first, taking very hesitant steps. Pale eyes lit up as he took in the scene. Venom laid with four, seemingly knocked out, pups sprawled before her. That smile grew as he eyes flicked to her own and more hushed tones left his lips. "They are precious." He moved closer, deciding to lay down near the mouth of the den, angling his head towards Venom so they didn't have to whisper yell across a sea of younglings.

After he settled in his eyes moved to the pups once again, taking in each one and their unique characteristics. Some were pale like a Klein others bore the dark slate of their Father, one stuck out with a more earthy brown coat. He wondered if that came from a grandparent along the way. Brown was not Klein attribute, that's for sure.

The picture made Incubus think of what his own litter may look like one day. He hoped to have the chance to experience a fleet of his own sleeping bambinos one day. But, he was here to discuss a more tangible future. "I'd like to discuss my future here in Ashen." Pink and blue eyes swept to the Empress as he continued on. "I believe I am ready to take on some responsibility...." A pause. "Would you be opposed to me challenging for rank?" It would do no good to discuss anything further without first ensuring his pursuit was unwelcomed.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
01-26-2023, 10:01 AM
Venom invited her younger brother inside and he was swift to appear before her. Of course, the puppies easily stole any attention away from her. They were still so cute and innocent, and even if she could not see them, those traits were clear despite her disability. However captivating her children were, and she could have fawned over them every minute of every day for the rest of her life, Incubus had come here for a reason. "Thank you, I’m very proud of them.” A happy little grin had settled over her features as Inc settled in and began his presentation.

His voice was soft so as not to wake the sleeping puppies, but equally as serious as he mentioned his future here. Venom didn’t believe he sounded like he had any desire to go anywhere. He wanted to try his paw at a place of leadership within Ashen. Venom tilted her head curiously as he went on. He wanted to make sure that she had no opposition to him challenging for a higher rank. "No, no opposition at all, Incubus.” She promoted wolves where she could, but knowing he had the gumption to step up and challenge on his own made her even more interested in giving him the more lofty position he desired. "What do you wish to see in your future?” She asked then, yes he wanted the higher rank but what did his life look like in his mind;s eye?”

"Venom"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

01-29-2023, 03:52 AM

Venom stated how proud she was of her brood and Inc offered a small nod in response. "As you should be." A genuinely soft smile stained his lips as his eyes swept over the sea of young Kleins. He was glad to be here, in Ashen, to have a chance to watch the little Prince and Princesses grow up. Perhaps he'd even have the opportunity to train a few of them for battle or even go on some exploration outings. Incubus would be more then willing to be there for the younglings as he was a more then proud Uncle.

Incubus led their conversation down the path of business. He was glad to hear she did not have any qualms with his aspirations. That meant that he'd done enough to prove himself to the Empress. Which had been his mission in these last two seasons. The smile on his lips grew for a moment before waning slightly as her next set of vocals hit his ears. This was an important decision. Where did Incubus see himself? The male took a moment before replying, "I see myself as a Samurai. Most of my time here in Ashen has been spent either patrolling or participating in battle training. I know these lands already like the backs of my paws and I'd like to dedicate myself to their defense." Samurai was a good fit for Incubus and the next step up from his current rank. "Is that where you see me?" It is easy to look inwardly but what did Venom see from the outside? Did she have different plans for Inc?

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

01-31-2023, 04:37 PM
She couldn’t see the look on his face, but she could hear the emotions in his voice as he congratulated her and agreed in the height of her pride. They were the future of Ashen. Something Venom was thinking heavily about as she settled into the prime of her life, nearing mid-life. Not that there was much time to fret about the time slipping through her paws while she had this bunch of rowdy children to watch over. They brought everything into perspective, and drove her to be and do better for their sakes. However captivating, Inc had business to speak about and he’d go on to mention his desire for the Samurai rank.

Of course it was the natural progression of his chosen quest line, he had shown his dedication in the way he threw himself into his work. He deserved what he sought out from her today. Venom had mostly posed the question because of her curiosity at his ambition. Did he wish to one day take the Daimyo position from one of her chosen? She wouldn’t have told him no if that was indeed his desire.

"I encourage that desire. The upper rams are in desperate need of filling. I believe you would fit well there. I was more curious if you had your sights on challenging one of the Daimyo.” She admitted as he questioned her further.

"Venom"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

02-01-2023, 02:40 PM

"I was more curious if you had your sights on challenging one of the Daimyo." Not only had Venom approved of his proposal for the rank of Samurai but the Empress answered his last question in a way the surprised him. Upon joining Ashen Incubus was aware that the pack was already a well oiled machine. One of which he was hesitant to disrupt. Incubus did not feel comfortable enough to waltz in and challenge for such a high rank when honestly he hadn't even shared words with two out of the three Daimyos. Of course he'd considered the rank, Daimyo was his end game. Incubus was a rather ambitious creature by nature but he was more of a slow burn. Perhaps this was a much needed push from the Empress to take larger strides towards his goal.

Incubus allowed her words to swim through his mind before expelling a response of his own. "I do have my sights set on the Daimyo rank."  A pause. "But, before I rip the rank from the paws of another I must ensure that that is what's best for Ashen. I've yet to spend much time with two of the three Daimyo. It would be foolish for me to challenge someone that is a better fit for the role." In other words, Incubus would spend some time in the Samurai rank to focus on training and sizing up who'd he want to challenge. There was no way this Klein was going to swing and miss. "Perhaps I am over analyzing the situation but I'd prefer to feel secure in my decision rather then taking a shot in the dark." He was trying to do the opposite of what his Father may have done. Flinging himself into a rank with little to no care of what sort of order he compromised just to have the power. Incubus did crave some power but not ravenously enough to make impulsive moves.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

02-05-2023, 01:16 PM
Despite how long he had been gone, Venom knew her brother well. He obviously had a high ambition and the fact that he did have an eye for the Daimyo rank someday came to no surprise to the Empress. As she urged him to continue Incubus did just that, explaining that while he did indeed have that drive he wasn’t going to be rushing into anything. She did truly appreciate the honesty and clarity that he showed with the situation. She felt like she could respect him even more for what he had to say. His concern for Ashen as a whole and not just his ambition showed how much he had matured during his years.

"I can’t say I don’t like what I hear.” She began, glad to see her brother taking on so much responsibility. For so long she had believed him just like his father. "I believe you’ll fit well in the Samurai rank, but I’d like you to fully prove yourself in battle against my daughter, Kitsune.” Kit could use the experience, and she believed the two of them to be a close match. "Then you can be certain of your skill, and decision.” And so would she.

"Venom"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

02-05-2023, 03:05 PM

Incubus once again allowed his eyes to sweep over the sleeping pups. Watching as their fluffy round bellies move up and down. Venom's word filled the den and he couldn't help but to feel pleased that she liked what he had said. All in all, his ambitions to ascend would be for naught if the Empress did not approve. Her next words came forth and he nodded gently. Kitsune, the Crown Princess. Inc knew the lady was a skilled fighter so this indeed would be a challenge. But, if he upheld his training he knew he'd at least be able to hold his own and hopefully prove himself. "Very well." A pause. "Would you prefer to wait or shall we get this show rolling now?" His vocals took on a slightly more light hearted tone now. The excitement of his impending challenge and potential promotion seemed to be setting in.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

02-05-2023, 03:20 PM
Incubus agreed, just as she assumed he would, and eagerly asked after their timeline. Right now, so that he could have his place in the pack and get to his work. Venom chuckled ta his eagerness but nodded. Venom entrusted the sleeping puppies into their father’s care before she led Incubus out into the ravine. Winter brought the dry season and there was plenty of room to spar on the gravely dry bed of the stream.

Venom tilted back her head and called for Kit, curious who would be the victor in this fight. She leaned back onto her haunches, again regretful she would not be able to see what transpired. Thankfully her squirrel Poison was so loyal, as he scurried to her shoulder to relay the event when it would be started. She gestured for Incubus to take his place as they awaited Kitsune’s arrival.

"Venom"

Kitsune

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Glacier

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
02-06-2023, 11:25 AM
Kitsune heeded her mother's call. She hadn't been back on Ashen for long. Just long enough to meet her youngest siblings and plan a day of crafting with her sister. She stopped by the den she was working on and grabbed her chest piece and Kite companion. Assembling it as quickly as she was able. She surmised her mother wished to see what she had learnt in her travels, and she had no intention on disappointing her.

She arrived at a light trott, nodding her head to the Empress first, then turning to her Uncle and nodding to him as well. "Empress, Uncle Incubus." She said. Her tones courtly polite. "What can I do for you today?"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

02-06-2023, 03:36 PM

Incubus followed his sister outside, glad to have the chance to get this challenge going and over with. This was as good of a time as any. With all that training under his belt he should be capable enough to prove himself. Pale eyes took in the sparring circle as he moved onto the gravel. A good flat bed for a brawl. A tiny grin slipped across his lips as Venom made the call.

It wasn't long before his niece trotted in. Incubus offered the lass a smile and a nod as she greeted himself and the Empress. "Nice to see you, Kitsune." Despite the fact the two were to fight in a matter of minutes, there was obviously no ill will in either direction. The challenge was a mere matter of business and he looked forward to it. "I've come to challenge for the rank of Samurai." Inc allowed the Empress to expand upon that if she wished.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

02-07-2023, 05:32 PM
Kitsune was swift to heed her call as Venom and Incubus made themselves comfortable there under the dappled light of the early morning sky. After this Venom was going to finish up her own nap along with the puppies. As her regular schedule went. Venom nodded to her daughter, going only from the sound of her as she stood before them. Incubus returned her greeting, and swiftly explained why it was she had been summoned. Mother offered her daughter a proud grin as she backed away.

"I thought you would be the best wolf for the job.” She told Kitsune before lowering her head and gesturing to the two of them. "The defender has the first move.” She said as she gestured for Kit to begin.

"Venom"

Kitsune

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Glacier

02-10-2023, 06:13 PM
“And you, Uncle” She said, returning his greeting with a smile. She listened as he spoke of his intentions to challenge for a higher rank. He was ranked as a Warrior, and her mother wished for him to fight a higher ranked wolf before he moved up. She was honoured that her mother had chosen her. “You honour me” She said to her mother, before falling into a fighting stance.

The Empress expected her to make the first move, and she would be happy to oblige. She waited for Incubus to settle into his own stance across from her. She let her eyes trail over him. He was taller and heavier than she was. She would need to use her speed and momentum, and her horns for distance. That decided, she dove in. racing towards him, and cutting to his right side at the last second. Attempting to move past him, lowering her head in an attempt to make a strike at his shoulder on her way past.

Kitsune vs Vs Incubus for Spar
Round 1/?
Size: Medium
Build: Light
Offensive Battle Accessory: Shoulder spikes
Defensive Battle Accessory: Leather chest piece
Companion 1: Black kite, Female - Battle
Mutation 1: Horns - Offensive
Mutation 2: Cat claws - Offensive
Mutation 3: Thicker fur - Defensive
Skills: Expert Fighter & Master Healer

"Speech"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

02-12-2023, 03:16 PM

Venom announced her daughter had the first move and Incubus offered an agreeable nod. It did not matter to him either way, a fighter often did not have the chance to determine if they had the first move or not. They now stood face to face with both Wolves settling into proper fighting stances. Incubus ensured his weight was evenly distributed, ears flattened to his skull, and eyes narrowed slightly. His gaze took in form in a rather studious manner, observing her strengths and weaknesses. Kitsune was smaller then him in every reguard but he knew that meant she'd likely be quick. She also had impressive horns and armor. Incubus knew she'd be quite the opponent.

In a flash the fight began. The Daimyo sprinted his way and the brute decided to hunker down. He'd wait for her to come to him. Sharp eyes observed her every step and whipped to the side as she jolted towards the right. Before he had time to pivot away Kitsune went in for his shoulder. A low grumble could be heard in result of the pain but he had no time to give it a second thought. As she moved past him he'd take a few swift steps forward, digging his paws into the earth for leverage, and jut out that throbbing shoulder towards he lower abdomen. Incubus was attempting to slam his right shoulder into the girl in hopes of knocking her balance off and inflicting a hefty bruise.

Incubus vs Kitsune for Spar
Round 1/2
Size: Extra large
Build: Medium
Defensive Battle Accessory: Black Leather Bracers
Companion 1: Silver Fox - Female - Battle
Skills: Expert Fighter & Advanced Navigator

Speech

Kitsune

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Glacier

02-16-2023, 02:38 PM
She felt her horns connect with skin as she made her way past, and felt a jolt of joy and adrenaline vibrate through her system. She had scored the first hit! But her celebration came far too early. Unexpectedly, the larger brute moved to close the distance between them. He wasn’t holding his ground as many larger wolves did.

Instead, she found him chasing her departing form with the force of a bull as he slammed his shoulder into her. She turned abruptly, moving her horns towards him and attempting to thirst them down at whatever body part she could reach. Attempting to do some damage and force some distance between them

Kitsune vs Vs Incubus for Spar
Round 2/2
Size: Medium
Build: Light
Offensive Battle Accessory: Shoulder spikes
Defensive Battle Accessory: Leather chest piece
Companion 1: Black kite, Female - Battle
Mutation 2: Cat claws - Offensive
Mutation 3: Thicker fur - Defensive
Skills: Expert Fighter & Master Healer

"Speech"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

02-18-2023, 11:31 PM

Pain throbbed in his shoulder as it was slammed into Kit's abdomen. The move made Kit whip around in retaliation, aiming those impressive antlers towards him as she charged at him. The brute tried to move away but she was faster. Horns were suddenly slammed into his upper thigh. Hot pain radiated from the wound but there was absolutely no time to dwell on such. The fight was coming to an end and Incubus was determined to prove he was a worthy challenger.

Incubus dug his paws into the earth as he pivoted towards Kitsune. Hoping to steer clear of those antlers the male directed himself towards her upper shoulders. Pressing off of the ground with his front two legs, Incubus aim to slam his front left leg down on her upper back. In the same movement he'd lurch his head down in attempt to land a bite at the base of her neck. Nothing too vicious but enough to get her blood pumping.

Incubus vs Kitsune for Spar
Round 2/2
Size: Extra large
Build: Medium
Defensive Battle Accessory: Black Leather Bracers
Companion 1: Silver Fox - Female - Battle
Skills: Expert Fighter & Advanced Navigator

Speech

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
02-26-2023, 07:21 PM

And the winner is...

KITSUNE

INCUBUS must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

KITSUNE

Attack Roll: 86
Defense Roll: 89
Agility Roll: 31
Perception Roll: 98
Total: 304
Attack[86] + 40% Bonus[34.40]: 120.40
Defense[89] + 45% Bonus[40.05]: 129.05
Agility[31] + 5% Bonus[1.55]: 32.55
Perception[98] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 98.00
Total[380.00] + 20% Bonus[76.00]: 456.00

INCUBUS

Attack Roll: 53
Defense Roll: 52
Agility Roll: 44
Perception Roll: 100 Critical observation!
Total: 249
Attack[53] + 25% Bonus[13.25]: 66.25
Defense[52] + 15% Bonus[7.80]: 59.80
Agility[44] + 15% Bonus[6.60]: 50.60
Perception[100] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 100.00
Total[276.65] + 20% Bonus[55.33]: 331.98

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. the dark between the stars Cryer's Ravine 03:38 PM, 01-21-2023 03:35 AM, 02-13-2024