gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
03-03-2023, 02:16 PM
Venom allowed Chimera and his ladies to settle in to Ashen and their new home before she started sending for them. The Empress knew it would be important to have a one on one conversation with each of them. After Siren, her own half sister who she had never really been close with. And who might have still held a grudge against her for handing her over to the Armada for a time. There was Aliana. A woman striving for years to bring sight to her brother’s pale eye.

Venom was starting to accept that she wouldn’t ever see again, thankfully she had adapted well. That was no real consolation to knowing she would never see her younger children. She didn’t get her hopes up as she sent for the healer woman. Venom made herself comfortable in the common area, with a little fire going for light and warmth. Not that the Empress could see the light, Aliana would appreciate it while she was examining her. Making herself comfortable she awaited the arrival of her brother’s mate.

"Venom"
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Aliana

"The Ash and Snow Queen"

Elysium
Nurse

Master Healer (240)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Joe

1KThe Ooze ParticipantPride - Bisexual
03-04-2023, 01:26 AM
Settling into Ashen had been a change, but one Aliana was deeply grateful for. The past several months had been filled with nothing but worry and uncertainty over Chimera's health, never knowing if he would live to see another day or what the future looked like for her and their family. When she woke on this day, however, Ali felt a sense of stability she hadn't felt in a long, long time. Being a part of something greater than herself, knowing Chimera was alive and well, it brought her peace she had sorely missed. She would forever be grateful to the Ashen Empress for permitting them to return into the Empire's folds after Fenmyre had dissolved. She didn't know how, but Aliana was determined to do something to show her gratitude to Venom. Though she supposed a good starting point would be with the Empress' own health ailments.

Aliana did not know much about Venom's condition, only what Chimera had told her. Blindness had taken Venom's sight swiftly and suddenly during the turn of the winter season, and no one could seem to give any answers. Ali had spent all of her life since meeting Chimera researching and studying his blind eye, hoping to one day find a cure for his blindness as well. Perhaps there was something genetic in the Klein family that led to sudden onset blindness? She certainly hoped not; it made her worry terribly for her seven children if that was the case. Still, she had to try. She was well aware of the Kleins' nocturnal habits, so she waited until sundown before even considering going to meet with the Empress. Never one to give up hope, Aliana packed a few of her medical supplies in her leather satchel and headed out into the night to meet her newest patient.

When Aliana arrived, Venom was already ready and waiting for her, relaxing around a fire while staring into space. That was the first thing that struck Ali—Venom was indeed showing the hallmarks of total blindness. Lack of focus on movement or light, a blank and glassy stare, and the way the Empress' ears swiveled about to catch every sound around her instead of turning her head to study her surroundings. Aliana swallowed back a lump in her throat. "Good evening, Lady Venom," the clouded fae spoke in her soft, lyrical tones as she approached the Empress, bowing her head respectfully—only to remember that Venom couldn't see her curtsy. "I'm Aliana. It's a pleasure to meet you tonight." Aliana padded over on soft paws to join Venom around the fire, sitting in front of the other woman so she could better see and study her eyes. "Chimera has told me a little bit about your condition. Do you mind if I take a look at your eyes while you tell me how this happened?"

"Aliana"

As her mate, Chimera may enter any thread Aliana is in.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
03-07-2023, 11:22 AM
Venom didn’t hold out hope that Aliana was going to be able to do anything for her, the idea that this condition was the new norm, a curse for her lifetime, had settled in. She likely would never get to see her beautiful children, or future grandchildren, or her home ever again. The fact was harsh and depressing, but at the very least Venom was adjusting well and her support system couldn’t have been stronger. If she was going to have a disability, her current situation was the best she could ask for.

However, if Aliana did have unfortunate news, Venom would have to seriously consider her place within Ashen. For now, the healer woman, her sister-in-law, was swift to arrive at her summons. "Good evening, Aliana, welcome to my home.” She offered with a gesture for the she wolf to make herself comfortable here. And she would, sitting before her, and presumptively peering into her eyes as she mentioned the brief information Chimera had given her.

"You already know as much as I do. My healers say there isn’t any evidence there is a problem, and yet, I am visionless.” Venom explained to the small woman as she leaned forward to give her full access.

"Venom"

Aliana

"The Ash and Snow Queen"

Elysium
Nurse

Master Healer (240)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Joe

1KThe Ooze ParticipantPride - Bisexual
03-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Venom welcomed her graciously into her home, every bit as affluent and regal as her brother was. Aliana was beginning to see what traits ran in the trueblooded Klein family. The Empress spoke, explaining how her own healers had tried and failed to find the source of her mysterious condition. That brought a small frown to the clouded woman’s lips. Although Chimera touted her abilities as a healer, Ali didn’t believe herself any more talented than anybody else, and she was certainly no miracle worker. Still, she had promised her husband that she would do her best for her sister-in-law and she would keep her word. "I see. That is disheartening, but I’d still like to take a look and see if I can be of help," she replied in soft tones. Shifting to sit closer to the Empress so she could touch and manipulate as she needed to for her examination, Ali settled in to hopefully bring some good news to her alpha.

"I'm going to touch your face so I can get a better look at your eyes, okay?" Aliana informed Venom before she made any touch, not wanting to surprise or startle the Empress with any unseen or unwanted contact. When Venom gave her consent, Ali lifted delicate snowy white paws to gingerly take the other fae's muzzle in her grasp, slowly lowering and tilting her head to and fro so the healer could get a better look at the amethyst jewels the queen possessed. Venom's case was baffling to Aliana. It was nothing at all like Chimera's blindness. The dire brute's eye was hazy, fogged over from his impaired lens with the typical milky appearance to it. Venom's eyes, however, showed none of those telltale fogging signs, even after a whole season of blindness. Her eyes appeared normal for all intents and purposes. Pale lips pursing into a fine line, Ali glanced down to the fire and lifted a small burning stick from the pile in one careful paw. "I'm going to do a test with some light now. You might feel some heat getting closer to you, but I promise you won't be harmed." Then the dainty healer very, very slowly and carefully brought the makeshift torch closer towards Venom's face, watching for changes in the Empress' eyes before pulling it away again. To her surprise, the Klein queen's pupils continued to expand and contract as the light moved closer and farther from her face.

Humming with pensive thought to herself, the clouded woman returned the stick to the fire. "Your healers are very wise, Lady Venom. From what I can see, there is no damage nor defect that is causing your blindness," she assessed with a hint of sadness to her voice. "Yet your eyes still react to all the stimuli of light as if they can see. It's baffling, but it also gives me some hope. Your condition is not like Chimera's. His has an obvious cause, and not one I can fix. Yours, however, I see nothing different from your eyes than anyone else's eyes. It means either your condition is caused by something besides the eyes, or it might even be temporary." For obvious reasons, Ali would hope for the latter case.

"Aliana"

As her mate, Chimera may enter any thread Aliana is in.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

03-07-2023, 04:59 PM
Venom didn’t allow Aliana to start off with any high hopes as she gave up any more information she might have obscured. Her affliction was mysterious, and her future remained uncertain. Venom trusted Aliana as she leaned forward and the woman sought her permission to touch her. The healer was given a slight nod, giving Aliana privileges she wouldn’t be allowed if Chimera’s word hadn’t backed her actions.

She had the gentle but firm touch of a healer, knowing exactly how to manipulate her patient for comfort and efficiency. There was a very long silence as Aliana took her time in observing, before deciding further testing was needed. Venom remained open to her actions, however nervous she felt when the fire was brought very close to her face. Venom remained still while the little healer did her tests and learned what she could of her own devices.

Eventually the woman would form her opinion, first complimenting Ashen’s healers before explaining herself, very similarly to the diagnosis she was given before. There were still no real answers, but Aliana was positive about what she saw. She was quite hopeful that this would be a temporary experience. Venom didn’t want to get her own hopes up, but it would give her an excuse to put off a potential massive change that didn’t need to happen.

"I appreciate your opinion, Aliana. I hope that you are not being too optimistic on my part.” Venom returned politely. "And thank you for taking the time to see me. Fate willing, you are correct.”

"Venom"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. open your eyes Redwater Rocks 02:16 PM, 03-03-2023 02:48 AM, 02-13-2024