An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
Pride - Pansexual1KDouble Master
03-11-2023, 04:51 PM

Emotions seemed to be the bane of his existence. Well, either that or memory loss. Many of his memories had yet to fully return but some nights ago he'd remembered Bog, his first boyfriend. He felt horrible for forgetting and had immediately planed a trip to the Mangrove only to find that Bog and his family had seemingly moved on. Áskell had asked about every living thing that could speak and was left only with guilt and a lack of concrete answers. Ari had encouraged him to move on. After all, he had told Bog he was moving in Auster to join the pack. Bog could've visited at any point so it wasn't all his fault. He still felt bad though.

The night was quiet and still. The cool breeze of autumn drifting through the bamboo, causing it to sway ever so slightly. Áskell walked through the maze, refamiliarizing himself with its paths. Above him flew his magpie, Kári. With the bird above he wasn't worried about becoming permanently lost.

Kuroo

"Skipper"

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Master Intellectual (330)

Master Hunter (335)

An icon representing the specialty Trophy Hunter Trophy Hunter

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble Master1KPride - Gay
03-21-2023, 10:36 AM

Sleep was the last thing on Kuroo's mind that night. With his tamarin, Saru wound tightly into his scruff, snoozed away, he would wander aimlessly. Occasionally, his pale gaze would flicker to the full moon that cast light across the thin path ahead of him. If he kept a good enough eye on that big rock in the sky, it would be hard for him to get lost. Not that he would mind that. There was a lot to think about and getting lost felt appropriate.

As more days passed since Sayuri's disappearance and since he had last seen Sverre, his heart began to grow lonely again. Feelings of warmth and happiness were few and far between. Though he was still young, he still wasn't sure he would ever find someone that would enjoy spending time with him. Lost in the near drowning of his emotions, Kuroo was surprised when his nose twitched at the scent of Askell. Pausing in his steps for a moment, he waited before approaching around the corner. "Askell?" He questioned quietly as the older male wandered down the path toward him. "Don't usually see you up late," Kuroo mused with a friendly smile and a quick wag of his tail.

Kuroo Shima

[/color]
[Image: Kuroo-Fishies1.png]
kuroo's tamarin, saru, should be assumed near/on him at all times.

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Master Intellectual (240)

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
03-25-2023, 07:12 PM

Áskell was lost in his thoughts. As usual they seemed to spiral off either out of his control or he was left chasing phantoms he could never quiet grasp. His head snapped up as he heard Kuroo's voice. "Ah, Kuroo… yes, I, well…" He sighed then turned to the other man. "My mind's been restless lately. I couldn't sleep. What about you?" Most wolves didn't run their patrols this deep into the maze so he wondered if the other man were having the same trouble as him. If he had to guess they were about the same age and he wondered if Kuroo had had a similar streak of luck.

"You're welcome to join me on a walk if you like." Áskell had always meant to know his packmates better, it was just one crisis after another that had hindered this goal.

Kuroo

"Skipper"

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Master Hunter (335)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

04-09-2023, 06:01 PM

With most of his time spent out at the bay fishing, Kuroo had not spent a lot of time with other pack members. Unless his presence was requested, he preferred to keep to himself. Hard at work with little time to play was how he liked it. Which was probably why he felt so restless tonight. Without the lull of the ocean to help him sleep, Kuroo found himself wanting to wander.

It seemed Askell might be in a similar situation. “I quite agree. Can’t really get my mind to stop running,” his smile was timid as he attempted to shrug it off. “A lot has happened lately and now that it’s quieted down, I find myself on edge,” he admits to his fellow before repositioning so that they could walk side by side. “A walk does sound pleasant,” Kuroo smiles again with another couple wags of his tail. “Lead the way,” a paw lifts to allow Askell to start.

Kuroo Shima

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

04-22-2023, 08:25 AM

Kuroo explained that his mind was also restless and he was finding himself on edge. He agreed to accompany Áskell on a walk and gestured for the Taicho to take the lead. Áskell continued walking, taking a left turn at the next intersection of the maze. He had not fully memorized all the passageways but this was a familiar course. "How has the fishing been of late? Have you run into many predators?" With autumn in full swing in Auster many animals were preparing for the winter and he'd caught several coyote trails here and there, especially with their increased activity in the Oaks. Above him he could hear an owl softly hooting in the night air as they walked.

Kuroo

"Skipper"

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Master Hunter (335)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

04-24-2023, 10:52 AM

Kuroo leisurely walked beside Askell. It was good companionable silence that he enjoyed. He found a sort of inner peace when he was around his packmates. Somehow, it was easier to keep his mind quiet when he had someone with him. Perhaps he spent too much time alone in the bay. He took the left turn at the intersection with ease. Like Askell, it was hard to memorize all the pathways in the maze, but most paths could be familiar if one tried. Kuroo thought it was nice being able to have his own paths that no one knew about.

As he mused, his ear turned when Askell asked about the bay and fishing. He couldn't help but smile in response. Fishing was indeed his favorite. "Only real issue I've had are dolphins. They're rather ornery and don't like taking no for an answer," Kuroo's lips wrinkle out of frustration as he thinks about the fact that he has to always mend the netting because of those bastard dolphins. "Have you seen any interesting predators on your patrols?" He asks in return as his pale eyes fall on the Taicho.

Kuroo Shima

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

05-05-2023, 08:24 PM

Fireflies flitted out from between the bamboo stalks as the sound of singing insects created a soft hum in the background. It was a warm and humid night. Probably one of the last ones they'd have before autumn gave full way to winter. For now though Áskell looked forward to the cooler temperatures of autumn taking full swing. It had always been one of his favorite seasons.

Kuroo explained that the only real trouble he'd had was from dolphins. Áskell wrinkled his nose. He was not fond of dolphins. "They are certainly pests, that is for sure. Nothing too concerning. I assisted our Taicho in clearing out a pack of feral dogs from the Oaks and slew a pair of coyotes at the maze border. Mangy bastards. We'll need to keep a close eye out with young pups about and winter on its way. Predators might become more brazen." He'd certainly have his work cut out for him.

Kuroo

"Skipper"

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Master Hunter (335)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

05-18-2023, 12:25 PM

Kuroo enjoyed the stroll with his pack mate. The ambiance was soft and quiet as he listened to their paws press into the dirt beneath them and the bamboo knock together. It was almost the type of atmosphere one would prefer to share with a lover. Even as the fireflies fluttered around them and the sprinkling of stars glimmered overhead, Kuroo wondered if they both would be alone forever. Not that Askell’s personal life was any of his business.

When Askell did begin responding, Kuroo would nod at the appropriate moments. Acknowledging and appreciative hums rumbled in his throat as he listened. “Sounds as if Hattori-San is keeping you busy,” Kuroo muses with a friendly smile. “I do believe Sedna is due to have another litter of pups any day now so I’m sure you’ll have your work cut out for you,” he adds on as he glances over to the darker coated male. “If you ever need an afternoon or hell a whole day to relax, the bay is typically pretty relaxed. I don’t get many visitors out that way,” it is then that his gaze shifts away from Askell and focuses on the path they are taking.

Kuroo Shima

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

05-27-2023, 02:10 PM

Áskell's eyes flitted to Kuroo, lingering on his form for a moment before he focused back on the fireflies dancing in and out of the bamboo. As far as he knew Kuroo wasn't involved with anyone and Ari had been urging him to considering forming more relationships. He assumed friendships but would a romantic one be a possible idea? Áskell frowned. He wasn't sure he had it in him to start let alone maintain that kind of relationship.

Kuroo mentioned that Sedna was having another litter. Áskell's brows raised. "Really? Interesting, I hadn't realized she was planning another litter." His brow furrowed. "I was under the assumption that Raijin was away on business." Though perhaps his fellow Taicho had returned while Áskell himself was away and they'd just missed each other? He wasn't sure. Not that it was probably any of his business.

He offered Kuroo a sincere smile as the man suggested he swing by the bay whenever he needed to relax. "Thanks, that's a good idea. If you were up for it I would like to do this again. Perhaps some time you could teach me how to fish?

Kuroo

"Skipper"

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Master Hunter (335)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

07-07-2023, 10:39 AM

Kuroo’s lips tighten as Askell questions the whereabouts of Raijin. Truth be told, he wasn’t sure where his biological father disappeared to. Letting out a hum, he shrugs his shoulders. It wasn’t exactly his business what Sedna did in her off time when Raijin wasn’t home. “I thought I heard her mention he had come back to relay some information to Hattori, but I hadn’t actually seen him,” Kuroo offers, hoping that would be a good enough explanation for the Taicho.

He lets his expression relax with a smile as he nods. “Any time,” he replies as he lets his gaze linger on the fluttering fireflies. “I would love to teach you to fish!” His voice picks up an octave of excitement as his tail swishes behind him. “You’re welcome to come find me whenever you have free time,” Kuroo adds as he steals a glance over to Askell for a moment.

Kuroo Shima

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

07-28-2023, 05:16 PM

Áskell could tell immediately he'd stepped in something as he saw Kuroo's lips thin at the mention of Raijin. "My apologies, I don't mean to pry." It was in his personal interest to some degree to know what his fellow Taicho was up to for it had been near impossible to catch the other man and plan out training routines. Not that Áskell had much time to gear toward that with his near constant illness and injuries. He nodded lightly at Kuroo's explanation. Frustrated that Raijin had dropped but hadn't really visited with anyone.

He was glad when the conversation turned to fishing. He smiled at the other man and nodded. "Excellent! I'll take you up on that offer. Though I suppose for tonight it's getting late. Perhaps we should turn in? I have the early morning watch."

-end?-